BFL TGIF - 1/4

Sherry K

Cathlete
Good morning all!

Just finished legs and core from 4DS - not sure how much i like this one - liked GS's leg workout better I think, but the core is feeling it already!

Jennifer - old is a state of mind, and you aren't there yet so as long as you are taking care of your body, wear VS! I've noticed that the men around me have a much harder time with 40 than the women I'm around. And I don't think anyone would tell Halle Berry to not wear VS!

Susan - I enjoy flying. It's nice to let someone else do most of the work (meaning I don't have to concentrate on driving) and I get there much faster.

Gayle - enjoy those pics of your success! I'm hoping to have some for myself soon!

Michelle - I'm also the cookie mom for DD's girl scout troop. I can eat a sleeve of thin mints with a glass of milk in nothing flat, I need to not even start!

Protein powders - I use Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard Whey Protein, which doesn't have all of the sweeteners. I either put a scoop in a glass of soy milk (when I'm in a rush) or with one cup water/one cup frozen berries/1/4 cup fat free yogurt for a smoothie. I've been thinking about switching to Myoplex and someone even suggested using MuscleMilk so it's a little more complete.

Dinner last night was tacos - we make them with ground turkey and I used a whole wheat tortilla. I think that suffices for a BFL meal.

Enjoy your day!

Good morning, Sherry. For that core work, is it a chapter of itself so I could do just the core? I'm assuming so! Great job getting your workout in!

OK…for me. This morning’s workout is DONE. Gym Style Legs with a heavy barbell (65#)! I was going to add on iTread 9, 20 minute HILL, but I re-thought that last night. I don't want to take away the focus of lower body day by shortening leg workout and adding/increasing cardio, so I did ALL of GS Legs and really focussed. I'll save the iTread for tomorrow's scheduled cardio day!

I have to be quick, sorry! I’ve got a busy day today, so I won’t be back online until later this afternoon!

Gayle

p.s. PLAN TO SUCCEED THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning ladies,

my kids and DH left for the states today! I am up since 3:00 a.m! My kids and DH left before 5:00 a:m! I am missing my kids already, two weeks went by so fast! I am feeling down today! My DH is staying in El Paso (work related) until next Saturday! I am to tired to workout today, but I know I neeed too! I didn't get a workout in yesterday!

Gayle and Sherry great job this morning!

Hi to anyone else that checks in, or that checked in while I was posting!

Have a great day!
Belinda

Hey, Belinda. I wish I could come and give you a hug! I know how you love your children! Hang in there. Go workout when you get a chunk of time and think POSITIVE thoughts! How are you doing, workout-wise???

HUGS

Gayle

Good Morning Sherry, Gayle, Belinda and all to follow!
Drinking my coffee now and will workout in about 30 min. I did not sleep at all last night. I woke up at 11 and was awake at 330 when dd woke up. I got in bed with her and slept til 550. I have a lot to do today, so being busy will help keep me awake!
I plan to do pub/lb combo this morning,
Gayle..I was just wondering why you did GS instead of plb again?..or did you do GS on Monday?
Sherry Legs from the 4DS is one I have done. I had no DOMS at all with that workout. It was a nice change though. I had major DOMS with the back/ chest workout though.
Thanks for all the input on protein powders. I am determined to find one I like!

Morning!
Sherry - I like 4DS legs but wish it would have been longer. I like the abs section though. :)

Gayle - GS Legs is one of my favorites. All the lunges in that one make you WORK! Enjoy iTrain 9 tomorrow.

Belinda - Awww, how tough to watch them leave! I hope you feel better today. ((big hug)) :(

Susan - Ugh, I hate sleepless nights. They make you feel like you're running on empty all day. I think protein powders are relative to you own tastes. I've tried a few that others rave about and been so-so....trial and error, I guess. ;)

Well, gotta run out the door soon. I got up early and did a BFL Upper body workout and raised the weights in a couple of the exercises (chest/biceps). I tacked on the pushups from GS Chest and the abs from PH. I was hoping to fit in some assisted pull ups but didn't have time.

Be back later,
Kathy

Good morning ladies:)

Gayle, nice picture, I just stopped by to tell you guys that the Meatloaf Muffins are da-bomb:9 :9 I love them, my BF was eating them like candy, argh......I had to stop that brother lol. After all that talking he was doing while I was preparing mix.

I have about 6 left going to make another batch this weekend but I’ll fix him going to freeze half. I brought one today :9 having it with my spinach salad for lunch:9 Thanks again.

I found a recipe for Protein Pumpkin Pancake, I’m going to make them tomorrow, YUMMY!!!! You guys keep up the excellent work. You are rocking it.

Hey guys. Well, my morning didn't go as planned. I got to my friend's house and her garage door didn't work. Not usually a big deal, since I have her house key. BUT...my key is in MY car, and MY CAR is in the shop (hopefully not costing me an arm and a leg to repair). SO......it was off to the grocery store instead, to stock up on boneless/skinless chicken breast and Laura's Lean Beef that's all on sale till tomorrow.

So here I am.

Susan-GS Legs instead of PLB. I did PLB Monday, and today I just felt like switching it up. Know how sometimes you just get that urge? Well, that was me! lol PLB is BY FAR MY ALL TIME fave lower body workout. I just like to switch things up. This is what I did in my first challenge, and it worked. HA! So, no 'real' reason why I did this one instead!

Belinda-if you've got the time...DO IT ALL! lol You could do just the pyramid up if you're short on time, but I really feel that the whole entire workout is best!

OK..off to do other things!

Gayle

Hello All,

I did GS legs on Wednesday and my calves burn so bad today I can't stand it. The calf work always get me and I think that is what aggravates my plantar fascitis. I think I will do PLB or Legs and Glutes today.

Gayle - I noticed on some of your posts that you do cardio and weights in the same day. Do you always do both? I thought about adding cardio in the evening but didn't want to screw things up.
I haven't read all of the BFL book to see what is recommended. I guess I just want to speed up the fat loss process.

My eating is still on track. This morning was scrambles egg whites w/salsa and oatmeal. Not sure what the rest of my meals will be.

Good Luck to everyone..

Carolyn

Teddygirl-I missed your post. Do we know how many muffins in 1 serving??? Thanks for the review.

Carolyn-I don't add cardio on weight days all that much. Just now and then...that's exactly why I cut out that part of the plan today and did just GS. I've done a TON of reading on the BFL website and Tracker, and it seems the opinion is that you can certainly add cardio. What the MAJOR concern, though, is burn out...over-doing it. So, if you feel up to it, feel free to add cardio in. I just wouldn't do any more than 3 HIIT sessions per week, and I'd space those out with at least 1 day in between.

Hope that helps.

Time to scoot to school/work!

Gayle

Gayle :D :D :D :D You are so funny! I'm dragging today! I just finished PUB! I will do 40 min. or more cardio tomorrow! Gayle where are my protein recipes?? I sent you Alesia's e-mail! Thank you!

Kathy thank you for the hugs! It is so hard to see them leave! I already miss them!

Teddygirl how are you? Can you please sent me ths Protein Pumpkin Pancake recipe??? Thank you!

Have a great day!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good morning ladies!!

Sherry - I agree with the tacos being a good BFL meal w/ground turkey and w/w tortillas. I made them 93% lean beef on NYE and still counted it as a BFL meal. It was a good alternative and it was satisfying.

Belinda - it must be hard to be away from DH and the kids. Sending {{{{{hugs}}}} to you.

Gayle - sorry to hear that you got locked out of your friends house. At least you got some grocery shopping done!

Okay, gotta run into a meeting. BBL.

Hello girls,
I was wondering if you would consider letting me back in on this BFL? Gayle, I was with you to the end on the last challenge. My computer crashed and we had to go get another one.As a matter of fact we just took it back in to change a lot of things I did not like about the set up. So yesterday I started roaming again on the sights and thought I would do this month's challenge and logged on there.But since I couldn't sleep last night and got all excited about the changed me from the last challenge,I would like to do it again if you are all doing it.What week are you on? I would start today.And I'm wondering what week you are on and what workout you are doing? Gayle,I saw your pictures and you look great. My results were not as big since I did not follow the eating plan.I did drop several sizes in clothes and lost a lot of weight.Which is what I wanted to do. Since I've seen your pics,I think there really is something to the clean eating.I'm just not 100% there.I must say just finishing the commitment was a big deal for me and I am very encouraged to know I can do it with everyones help.
I hope I'm on the right thread since I would not like to type this all over.I am quite a slow typist.

Veronika

Hi everyone..welcome Veronika!
My workout is done..and I am feeling good. I just had some kashi and banana and Im off to PT. I think it will be my last visit. I have been having major sorness in my IT band and I was hoping PT would help. It really hasnt helped much. I don't know what to do next.
We are having a Brownie/Girl Scout cookie sales kickoff pizza party at my house tonight, so I have a lot to do to get ready for that. Greasy pizza doesnt tempt me so Im in good shape there!
Smile Everyone!

Hi again....doing a drive-by during lunch, lol. I’m going to post a couple of more recipes I made this weekend that were really good! The first one (Arizona Skillet Dinner) would probably be just as good if you substituted brown rice for the pasta. Let me know what you think. I also put them into Fitday to get the calorie counts and ratios.

HTH,
Kathy

P.S. Teddygirl – glad you liked the meatloaf muffins! Gayle, they're 109 calories each if you make a batch of 12….I eat a couple for a meal (or 1-2 for a snack).

Arizona Skillet Dinner (makes 6 servings)

Ingredients:

1 lb. Laura's extra lean ground beef (or any 97% fat free ground beef)
1/2 cup chopped frozen onion
1 cup frozen chopped green pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic (from jar)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 15oz. can diced tomatoes, canned
1 15oz. can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 cup frozen corn kernels
6 ounces Ronzoni Smart Taste Elbows (high fiber elbows I found at Walmart)

Cook pasta according to directions, drain. Brown beef, onion, green pepper, garlic, chili powder, salt, and cumin until vegetables are tender and beef is no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes, then add kidney beans and corn; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally. Toss with elbows- (cooked previously). I also sprinkled 1/8 cup low fat Sargento shredded cheddar on top (which is included in the calorie count – other wise subtract 40 calories). I also froze most of this in containers and it heated up in the microwave really well (just put the cheese on after it heats up).

Calories per serving: 343 (with cheese)
(31% protein/43% carb/26% fat)

Crockpot stuffed peppers with beef and rice

INGREDIENTS:

4 medium green (or red) bell peppers
12 oz. extra lean ground beef (I used Laura’s brand)
1/2 cup frozen chopped onion (or half a chopped onion)
½ cup dry instant brown rice (prepared as directed on box)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 large jar low fat spaghetti sauce (about 32 ounces)

PREPARATION:
Mix ground beef, onion, prepared rice, and seasonings well. Cut tops off of peppers and hollow out any seeds. Stuff peppers with equal portions of ground beef mixture. Place stuffed peppers in Crock Pot, cover with spaghetti sauce.

Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours on until ground beef is cooked through and pepper is tender. *I froze a couple of these and they taste just as good as fresh.

Calories per pepper: 252 (31% protein/37% carbs/32% fat)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.