BFL Sunday Edition 01/06

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies! It's SUNDAY! I'm excited, but couldn't sleep in. Go figure! HA! We got in from BF's house after 1am but I was up by 6!!! What's with THAT? lol

Rest day for me. I need it. My legs were FRIED yesterday!!! Week 1 is closing out with today. Gearing up for another strong week!!! LET'S KICK IT, LADIES!

Today is a day of resting, relaxing, and remembering. Today would have been DH's 36th Birthday. I'll be taking the kids to the cemetary to release our annual BDay balloons up to daddy in heaven. I'll call the in-laws as well, since they are still really struggling with his loss.

Not to mention finishing off Clean Max. I need to do laundry, then dust, vaccuum and mop, yet today. GEESH! Does it ever stop?

On the menu today: Enriched Chocoloate Pudding from EFL cookbook. Dinner is lasagna and garlic mozzarella bread. Lunch is up in the air. But today's Free Day goal is to STAY IN CONTROL! NO BINGING!

Have an AWESOME DAY! BBL

Gayle

Good morning ladies,

I am taking a rest day today! I already took my free last night! My eating wasn’t good last night! I was so hungry around 10 last night I ate bread with cheese and chocolate! I don’t know what is wrong with me?? I did really well all week long!!

Kathy - happy Birthday to you DD! Fresh Italian bread loaves and with fresh butter sounds yummy! Glad you enjoyed your dinner yesterday! Great workout yesterday! I think Free day it will work better for me on Saturdays!

Michelle - It took me 4-5 times of doing HIS and LIS to get the third combo down. How sweet your kids think you are a cool mom!! Mine always said that about me too! Here is always hope!! Great job to you on 6 days straight of exercise!

Gayle for a second I thought I was not doing enough cardio! I really push myself for the 20 – 30 min. cardio! Enoy your rest day today!

Melissa I also de- Christmased my house yesterday! I am glad the holidays are over! Enjoy your strawberry cake with vanilla frosting today! Great job on IMAX 3 yesterday!

Heidi how are today! I am so sorry you and your DH are going through this! It's just awful! Hang in there!

Sherry great job on 4DS Boot camp and Biceps/Triceps! Did you like The Devil Wears Prada??? I always pick up movies for your library! I need to check out the Devil Wears Prada!

Susan I am glad you enjoyed your spinning yesterday! Have a good one today!

I think I caught up with everyone! Enjoy your free day and Sunday!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hi and Good Morning,

Hello Gayle and Belinda:

Gayle enjoy your free day! That EFL Pudding sounds great. Will have to check it out. :9
How do you get up and moving so early for your workouts? It takes me about 2hours for my body to fully wake. If I jumped on the treadmill just after climbing out of bed I think I would passout.
Do you eat anything before hand?

Belinda: Thanks...Tomorrow is going to be very stressful I think. We are going to attempt to see his (DH's) reg phys before having any surgery re-done on his knee.

Today's goal:
Get in an iTread
also ab workout
limit my coffee to just 2cups

I hope you all enjoy your free day.

Good Morning all!
Gayle, I know today will be an emotional one for you and you kids..I'll be thinking about you.
Yesterday turned out to be my free day. Although my bd is today, we decided to go out to eat last night and had mexican, then came home and had brownies and ice cream! I was not feeling good yesterday anyway. Today I feel good and ready to stay on track for a week. Tonight we go eat at BIL house but I think I will be able to keep it clean.
Have a great day everyone!!!

[font size=+2 font color=blue]HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUSAN![/font]

Hello to you all!!!

I'm not allowing myself any PC time until all my dusting is done! HA!

Gayle

Thank You Gayle !!!! I can't believe I am acutally IN the 40's now! I used to think 40 was olllldd...now I am rethinking that HA. :)
Meal one -1 egg plus 2 whites, ww toast, 1/2 oj

Good morning everyone! Just got off the scale, down 3lbs!!:7 That'll keep me from overeating today.

Gayle - today sounds like it's going to be an emotional day for you and your DS's. Sending {{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}} to you and your family.

Belinda - don't beat yourself up about last night, just put it behind you and move on. Today is a new day! I am glad that Christmas is over too, although the room looked kind of lonely last night without the Christmas tree..

Susan - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! 40 is still young girl!

Heidi - good luck to you and DH tomorrow. Let us know how he makes out, okay??

I have no plans today, just relaxing. BBL!:-(

Thank you so much Melissa and Belinda!!!
Melissa..you go girl!!!!
I know I up in weight..tom..but it will be gone in a couple days. Im with Gayle..Im gonna KICK IT this week!

(shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...just taking a quick break from cleaning to say agree with Susan................)

[marquee][font size=+3 font color=purple]Let's KICK IT UP!!!!!!!!!![/font][/marquee]

Gayle

Ok workout done.
I felt like something somewhat easy, so I did the step intervals of Imax 2&3. I really dread long add-on step routines...so I love that the Imax's just get to it and get it done. I hope there is and IMAX4!
Whoohooo Gayle!!!!

Good Morning Ladies!!

Gayle -- oh Gayle. You are such a strong gal!! HUGE HUGE hugs to you today. You are such an inspiration for all! I can't even begin to imagine what you have been through -- but I do know how amazing you have turned out -- and how strong it has made you. Your husband was one lucky guy for the years he had you!! And those sons of yours...they are truly special.

We are all so happy for you that you have now found BF! Sounds like he is a keeper!! :) He better realize how lucky he is ... or us gals at Cathe land will be kicking some butt!! hehe! Of course, by the looks of your 'guns' - you can handle yourself!!

Best of luck to you today -- and to your dear boys. We will all be sending strong thoughts your way!!

Michelle

Good morning!

Happy Birthday Susan! 40 is not old. I keep telling everyone that old is a state of mind and I'm not there yet. (I'm 41.)

Gayle - Thoughts with you and your family on this emotional day.

Belinda - If I were where you are and had the cravings, I would have indulged in Nutella spread on bread. I love that stuff (childhood memories from when my aunt lived in Germany and shipped it to us all the time.) I enjoyed the Devil wears Prada. Meryl Streep is so evil in it.

Heidi - Encouragement to you for getting back on track.

Melissa - Way to go on the weight loss. Enjoy your relaxation today.

Michelle - My goal today is to master 4DS HIS. Great job on getting through it!

Kathy - Way to stay motivated on the running.

As for me, I am so excited that I have made it through 5 weeks and stuck to the exercise schedule. That is so huge for me to put my time before everyone else's, even if it has to happen at 5:00 in the a.m. on most days. But, my eating has been off a bit the past few days. Scale is back up a couple of pounds, but inches are still down. So my commitment for the rest of my 1st challenge is to stick to the eating plan 95%. Planning to try some protein waffles today after I master 4DS HIS.

Happy day, and I agree with all - LET'S KICK IT THIS WEEK!

Okay ladies -- I had to shed a few tears for Gayle --- now I'm ready to type more.

Susan -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!! Good job working out -- especially while most of the rest of us are doing NOTHING today! You go girl! AND 40 is the new 20 .... well maybe the new 30 -- who the heck wants to be 20 again anyway!! har har!!

Belinda -- I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who struggles learning the new steps. LIS is only 3 step combos -- geez I thought that would be easy. However, after FINALLY making it through it yesterday -- I think it is now one of my FAVORITES!! I know it sounds corny -- but I feel like I'm dancing! :)

Heidi - the EFL pudding is the da bomb!! I eat it almost every day. I usually make the chocolate -- but I also love making it in butterscotch and my husband's favorite is banana. Sometimes I top it with lite cool whip -- yum!!

Melissa -- oh the Chuckie Cheese days. When the kids were REALLY little -- I hated it. Then the older the got... I actually started enjoying it. We would always go right when they opened so there would hardly be any kids there. The pizza is actually pretty good. (I know, I LOVE pizza!!) Then one day, literally the kids said, "we are too old for that mom!" I've been to b-day parties at both Chuckie Cheese and roller rinks -- the kids love them all!! Either way your daughter is going to have a good b-day!!

Right now I am drinking a shake -- it is actually pretty good. It is myoplex lite chocolate/peanut butter. I put in 8oz of water instead of 12 oz. then I added 6 ice cubes. It is really creamy, like a real shake. I think 12 oz. of water is just too much.

Okay, it is my rest day. Tomorrow I am hitting it hard. The kids are back at school -- I HAVE to get up at 4:30 to get it done. AND I'll be focusing more on my food. I'm shooting for 90% BFL this week!!! :)

Michelle

Sherry -- way to go!! I can't wait until I'm 5 weeks into it!!

Okay, I have to admit to you Sherry, I mastered 4DS LIS not HIS. I haven't attempted HIS yet!!! Let me know what you think of it.

I LOOOOVED the Devil Wears Prada -- Meryl Streep was AWESOME!!

Michelle

Morning (or should I say almost afternoon) ladies! ;-)

Gayle - My thoughts will be with you and your boys on this emotional day for you. I totally agree, you are a very special and strong person and your new BF better appreciate you (which he sounds like he does). ;-)

Belinda - Awwww, the bread gottcha too, huh? Just teasin'....I not really a bread eater unless it's fresh! :9

Susan - I just got the older Iron Girl full body off the swaps. I previewed it and want to try it sometime. I was lucky (or stupid, lol) enough to get a few RPMs off Ebay (paid top dollar for them but they're worth it!) Les Mills is taught in gyms around the world but the training DVDs are only sold to Les Mills certified instructors. They have spinning (RPM), stepping (BodyStep), circuit cardio (Body Attack), endurance barbell lifting (BodyPump), and a few others. I have a few RPMs, BodySteps, BodyAttacks, BodyPumps, and one BodyBalance (yoga/pilates inspired workout). If you go to www.LesMills.com you can see what each program consists of and meet the trainers. Oh, and Happy Birthday to you!

Melissa - Kudos to you for enduring Chuckie Cheese's lol. That place is a MADHOUSE! One of my son's had a b'day party there and I think I was deaf in one ear for a week from the screaming kids. :p How is the strawberry cake? :9 Also congrats on the 3 lb. loss, that's awesome!

Michelle - I agree, the suicides in Bootcamp are tough! I have to try the BFL pudding the week, too. It sounds really good (just like your shake). Hmmmm, I must be hungry, lol.

Sherry - How did you like the Devil Wears Prada? Me and DH finally watched it a couple of weeks ago. We were surprised how good it was! I used to not be a fan of the treadmill until I discovered iTrain's and Cardio Coaches. It feels like doing a DVD on the treadmill to me (so I never watch the time like I did before). If you can run a 5k, no problem running a 10k....I think it may actually be easier because you'll have to pace yourself more for the distance and have more kick at the end. ;-)

Heidi - Oh my! Wow, I don't know if I could fully trust that surgeon again! Does he have the option of getting a second opinion from another orthopedic surgeon? I had knee surgery (ACL reconstruction) in June 06 so I can totally relate to your poor DH's knee problems. I hope all goes well for you tomorrow, please let us know how he does after surgery, okay? :-(

Well, I HAD to try the new iTread Circuit Circus this morning...yes, I'm an iTrain addict and need help, lol. It was fun but the best part of the workout was the treadmill segements. There are two segements (each about 15-17 minutes) and they are non stop. The first segment starts out with a warmup, then you run at a higher base pace with a couple of 3-5 percent increases). The second segment is gradual fast run, 6% running hill, and then three sprints....great stuff. The circuits were quick elliptical, body weight exercises, and a little ballet butt burner at the end. All in all...a keeper. I ran a little over 3.5 miles using it.

I've already listened to the iTread 26 30 minute workout (and I'm going to give it try on Tuesday). It sounds like a really good Tempo workout. Gradual progression of speed to the middle, very brief break, then faster speed progression to the end where you all out sprint. I can't wait!

Talk to ya all later (I've written a novel here). ;-)

Kathy G

Checking back in with workout done.

Thanks Sherry!
I will keep you all posted as to the out come of DH's knee issue.
I hope you like the waffels. I am checking out the pudding for later. :)
?? How do you get up and do your exercises so early? Do you eat something light before?

I did Muscle Max for my weight workout today. I will do an iTread run later this evening. I really felt the burn with the leg work on this one! How can I get soooo weak in just 2 weeks????

Susan: 40 is not old as far as I am concerned. I am 44! When my mom turned 40 I never thought of her as old because she looks soooo young. Even now in her 60's she looks like she is between 20-30. I hope I continue to look young like her. ;-)

Gayle: Will thinking of you and your family today.
Are you having fun with the house cleaning??? I get so caught up in it that the time seems to fly by. :) Plus...it is a great workout in it's self. }(

Melissa: Way to go on the weight loss! (I gained a pound!:( ) I will be working that off guaranteed!

Michele: Haven't done the 4DS Yet!!!! Will have to try it out tomorrow.

Kathy: I was just checking out the iTread Circuit Circus. I have it in my cart for next months download. I don't have an elliptical though or a bike for that matter. (Hopefully soon though for the bike!:)) I too have become an iTread/iTrain junkie. :)

Hello to everyone and have a great day off! BBL Heidi

Heidi -- good job on getting a workout in!! Let me know what you think of the pudding. Best of luck to your husband -- wow, this has been quite an ordeal!! Poor guy. Hopefully he will be feeling better soon!

Okay, I have NO IDEA how to get up at 4:30 all week. Seriously, when that alarm goes off tomorrow -- I am NOT pushing the snooze!! I think I'm going to have to tell myself that I am NOT going to post here until my workout is done. Now THAT is motivating!!

I think I'd better go to bed at 8:30 tonight! har har!!

Michelle

Michele, Sherry, Kathy and Heidi..Thank you for the birthday wishes. I am 41 today..Im IN the 40's. Age really doesnt bother me though..I think 29 bothered me the most!
Michelle have a nice rest day. Sherry congrats of 5 weeks!!!
Kathy, that is what I thought about Les Mills. I wish his classes were taught somewhere around here!
Heidi-good job on MM!
Gayle--have fun cleaning!
Meal 2-oatmeal

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.