BFL January 5th

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies!!!! What’s on YOUR agenda today????

I was up early this morning for my workout:
iTread 21, 30 minutes Run Intervals
iTread 9, 20 minutes, HILL
abs & stretch from B&G.

Kathy-what are your thoughts on this set 9 hill workout? WOW! It nearly killed me! LOL Keeping in mind that I did it right after the iTread 21 run intervals, this was TOUGH! My hamstrings were on fire going up that hill! Twice I had to take it back from a run to a walk. Maybe it was partly from the DOMS from yesterday's GS Legs? Not sure, but WOW! I'll be SURE to do this one on an upper body day for a bit of a challenge! WOWzers! lol

Off to make breakfast (egg whites with lite Weight Watchers toast).

When is everybody's Free Day? Mine is tomorrow, and I'm looking forward MORE to the actual REST day than the Free Day. But food-wise, I might make the Protein Pumpkin Pancake for breakfast, but dinner is definitely Lasagna and homemade garlic mozzarella bread. I've been thinking about it ALLLLLLLLL week! LOL I'm going to try to not overdo it tomorrow. My last few Free Days of Challenge 1 were getting a bit out of hand, so I'd like to keep it sane and in control! Of course, I'll have my weekly trail mix (this time, I'm going with the new Cheerios Mix instead of the Chex Mix, in an effort to curb my sugar intake tomorrow.)

We’re headed out to a basketball game in a bit. I’ll be back sometime during the day to say HI to all our Challengers!

[font color=red]Take today by the horns![/font]

Gayle

Good Morning to you all,

Hi Gayle: I am just checking in to say hello to you. I haven't posted for a couple days now. It has been a terrible week for me as far as trying to get in my exercises.
My DH has been in and out of the doc's...several different ones! He now has to have the surgery re-done on Monday morn. I am hoping that his reg doc can oversee the surgery. At this point I don't trust his orthopedic doc. He is really blowing it big time in his care. He now believes that he did something wrong...(left a blood vessel open and bleeding internally....left a piece of gauze etc!) My DH is just miserable. I feel so bad I don't know what to do! :(

He is resting now...just had a chance to check out what has been happening here.

Hello Veronika! I stopped the Jan rotation as well. I just can't keep up with all that is happening with DH.

Hi Jennifer: I won't be doing this BFL rotation either.:( I will be mixing it up as I have time.

Hello to everyone else...good luck with your rotation and eating-clean. You are all doing great!:D

Take care,
Heidi

Hi ladies! Just getting up. DD slept in a little late this morning so I took advantage. }( Doesn't happen that often and I definetly needed the extra sleep.

Hi Gayle. Looks like just you and me so far. Today I am taking my DD and her little friend to Chuckie Cheese. She received a gift card for christmas and wants to share it with her friend. Isn't that cute?!?! They'll be eating lunch and playing games, while I follow them around with whatever snacks I stuff into my purse.

My Free day is tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it. I just want to able to relax all day. I am thinking about giving myself one cheat meal, which will probably be pizza for dinner. Other than that I'm hoping I can control myself for the day! When I got home from work last night I encountered my first obstacle..going out to dinner. It was totally unplanned. It went well though. While everyone else had crackers/cheese and buttery popcorn, I had a salad. Then for my meal I had grilled chicken and a plain baked potato. They gave me two chicken breasts so I brought one home to have today with a w/w wrap. So all in all it worked out good and I was satisfied. I didn't feel like I missed out on anything. Thankfully no one ordered DESSERT...that would have been a true test!!!:p

Okay, off to make breakfast for myself and the little one. DH is working today so it's a GIRL'S DAY :D .

ETA: Hi Heidi!! We must have posted at the same time, I didn't see you there! That is awful about your husband. That hopeless feeling is the pits, isn't it? My DH is having some health issues as well, not as serious as what your DH's sounds like, but I understand that feeling of not knowing what to do. Hang in there. We are here for you!!!

Have a great day everyone!! I'll check back later.

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for your kind words.

I just downloaded iTread #9 60min's so off I go to run off some stress!

Have a great time at CC's.:)

Heidi

Hi Gayle, Hiedi and Melissa,
Heidi, so sorry to hear about your dh..I hope you can get it taken care of speedy quick. Its awful being in contant pain. When a disc in my neck ruptured I was in non-stop pain for 2 weeks. I love 11 pounds ..it was just awful. Anyway, I do hope he feels better soon!
I plan to spin today. My DH is duck hunting, so I will workout when he gets home and is playing with dd.
My "free day" is tomorrow too..although I have not been 100%clean this week. My goal is to be clean M-Sat from now on. I considered this 1st week a practice week for me..yeah that sounds good! I think I will plan to have an extra 500 cals on Sunday..that way I don't go hog wild which I usually do. I want to be successful at this..I truly do!

Hi everybody! I have to be SUPER quick. The kids are BUGGING me for the PC and BF should be dropping off his DS any second.

Heidi-WOW! I can't believe this situation with DH! I would FOR SURE make sure somebody is there to oversee this second operation. Poor guy! Also, I just bought that set 9, 60 minutes, but haven't had a chance to try it out. BE SURE TO REVIEW IT!

HI TO EVERYBODY! Sorry I cannot comment more!

OH! I did want to say something about Free Day. If you are going to take Free Day, then take it. Make sure that you get a taste of whatever you were craving during this past week. You do NOT want to go into Week 2 (or whatever number you're on), after depriving yourself on Free Day. Moderation, YES! But NOT DEPRIVATION!

OK..chow for now. BBL sometime!

Gayle

Thanks for the advice on the Free Day, Gayle!!!!

I was actually contemplating skipping it because I feel so good, but maybe that's not such a great idea...

Good morning ladies,

Thanks for all the hugs and kind words yesterday! You ladies are the best! I sleept in until 9:00 a.m. this morning, got a really good night sleep!!

My workout this morning was IMAX 2! I love that one! Later I will add Abs!

Heidi, I am so sorry to hear about your DH situation, I hope he feels better soon! Hang in there!

Gayle, my Free day is tomorrow! The free day is also a rest day?? Right??? Let me know how you like the Protein Pumpkin Pancake? Great workout this morning! Alesia took my MP3 player to the states! Have to waitfor iTrain until Saturday when my DH returns from El Paso!

Melissa I hope your DH feels better soon! Have fun with your DD!

Susan enjoy your spinning today!

Hi to the rest of the gang!

Have a great day!
Belinda

Good morning all!!

I am soooo excited. I can't remember the last time I have worked out 6 days in rows. I did it! And I have all of you to thank. Seriously, it was checking in with you that carried me through!!

For those of you who were here back in December... I puchased the 4DS and was trying to get the footwork down. Being a cardio hater AND step hater - this was quite a feat for me. Anyway, I could get through the first 2 but never number 3. So today, I did the warm-up and went right to the 3rd combo. GOT IT!!! Yeah. Then I started over and did the whole thing. I am so excited -- and sweaty! :)

Okay, I am announcing now -- I am will NOT be Gayle's shadow on cardio days (only on weight days). Wow girl, you did two i-treads. I can't wait for the day I can post a workout like that!!

Heidi - I am soooo sorry about your husband! That sounds awful! Just know that BFL - the "L" stands for LIFE. So when you are struggling with personal things don't let that get you down...when your personal life gets back in order we will still be here with you and get you back on track. We ALL understand that your focus right now is the hubby!! :) Hang in there!

Melissa - Have fun at Chuckie cheese. My kids have just now grown out of that place, so I haven't been there in awhile. Have a fun girls day!!

Susan - Spinning, that's one thing I've never tried. Sounds fun!!

Belinda - Imax 2!! Once again, being slow with the step .. I'm just now getting the steps down from lowmax! :)

Okay ladies - I'm really pumped about my workouts this week -- but I do have to admit my eating wasn't perfect. I would say 80% BFL. So, next week I plan to clean it up!!

Michelle

Gayle I just realized you did iTread 21, 30 minutes Run Intervals and iTread 9, 20 minutes, HILL??? On cardio days I been doing only 20 min.? Do I need to do more??

Michelle I love the 4DS! They are so much fun! Glad you fun! I am with you on the eating! I would say 80% BFL.

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Once again - this is why Gayle is superwoman. -- and why she looks so good in those 12 week photos!

I'm still excited that I made it through 3 step combos -- he he!! :) (it's all about the little victories for me!!)

Michelle
P.S. Belinda -- just looked at your photos - your dd is beautiful and I LOVE her dress!!

Hello to everyone,

Thank you all for your kind words and support. This makes me feel so much better and able to deal with my DH and his grumpiness. ;-)

I got down celler to do my new iTread and saw Cathe's smiling face on my LIC DVD and plugged that in instead. 70min workout later and I am as happy as can be! So glad that I got to do a workout this morning because the stress has really gotten me down.

Looking back at my log book has really hit me hard. I realized how little I have done in the way of working out the past two weeks. I didn't know it was that bad!

Anyway...getting back to it was actually hard. During the weight segments I could only do 5#'s and 20# barbell. My legs felt weak during the squats. Still can't do too many push-ups because of my wrist from falling during a snowstorm back in December. I have totally ignored my well being because of my DH.

Time to get this checked out!

BBL

How's everyone doing? I actually used yesterday as my "free day" because we celebrated my daughter's birthday with a nice dinner out (she turned 24 on Jan. 3rd!) She wanted to go to a highly "touted" Italian Restraunt in our area. It was good, but not as good as I expected? The best part of the meal was the fresh italian bread loaves they brought to the table with fresh butter...OMG, heaven. :9 I had the broiled seafood combination dinner with a side of the house specialty pasta.

I think this will work better for me (free day on Friday instead of Sunday) because my long runs are going to be on Saturdays and I'm going to need to carb up a bit to make the distance toward the end. The plan I'm using for this marathon ramps up pretty fast and I'll be up to my first 20 mile long run by the last week of the challenge. Anyway, it's going to fit into my "own" plan better. So that means I'm not going to weigh in until Tuesday but then I'll weigh in each Friday morning after that instead of Sunday. I hope that makes sense, lol. Yikes.

Oh, as far as workouts go...I got up and ran 6 miles using iTread 24 Run Intervals. I replayed segment one twice (it was still an hour) but it was more of a lower intensity interval workout without the 4 sprints in the second half of the program. I need to load a few iTread marathon workouts on my player for next week to use on long run days. My marathon training officially starts next week.

Gayle - To tell you the truth, I only walked that iTread, lol. It was during my knee rehab and I was trying to build up my hamstrings again (prior to being allowed to run again by the physical therapist). I guess you can tell it was effective for hamstrings, huh? LOL, just teasin' ya. I couldn't do lying leg curls or any movement where my tibia went over my femur (inside my knee) for several months. Talk about painful! Anyway, super good job on running most of that girl! P.S. The new iTrain's are up and I just loaded some onto my player to listen to...

Heidi - I'm so sorry to hear about your DH. What type of surgery did he have? LIC is a gem!

Melissa - Have fun today with your daughter! Good job on resisting the goodies at dinner last night.

Susan - Do you spin at home? What workouts do you use? I have a few RPM (Les Mills DVDs), Spinervals, and some JohnnyG DVDs (that came with my bike). I got a Johnny G Sport spin bike this Spring and love it!

Belinda - I'm so glad you're feeling better today! Imax 2 is my all time favorite Imax. I think I smile through the entire thing when I do it because it's so much fun!

Michelle - It took me 5 times of doing LIS to get the third combo down. I couldn't get my feet to shuffle, turn for some reason! I still haven't tried the entire LIS workout, I need to give it a shot. I've done the rest of the 4DS series (especially the weight work and Bootcamp segments).

Have a great day!
Kathy

Hey, guys. SUPER quick post because I REALLY NEED TO CLEAN MY HOUSE! I have my boys and 2 of their friends outside playing dart tag and I MUST MUST MUST get cleaning this pig sty!

Kathy-I just made a deal with myself...that I will not look at iTrain until ALL 3 BATHROOMS ARE CLEANED!

Belinda-BFL just says 20 minutes of HIIT. I've slowly been increasing my time and distance on running because I'm going to start adding in training for my half marathon at the end of April. As long as you do 20 minutes of HIIT and REALLY REALLY WORK IT HARD, that will be PLENTY! I promise!

OK...sorry for no more personals and for being super quick. But my house absolutely needs an over-haul. So here I go. BBL after all bathrooms are cleaned! LOL

Gayle

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Kathy- I do spin at home. I have about 10 Spinerval workouts. I also have downloaded a few Icycle workouts, but don't like them as much as spinervals. I bought a Revmaster last year and I love it! Speaking of Les Mills..I have heard sooo much about his workouts..where and how can I learn more about them?? Arent there numerous types..like body pump??
I have been a lazy bumm today. AF arrives tomorrow and I am just not myself! blaaaaa

Just poppin' in.

Need to sit down for a minute after Chuckie Cheese...whew. I've never been so worn out from not doing much of anything! The girls had fun though and my DD used up all of her gift card, so we won't be going back there for awhile...BIG SMILE...:7 .

I also de-Christmased the house this morning and undecorated and dragged the tree outside all by myself! I think that might count as a workout...whadda ya think?!

I kept busy though so today hasn't been as tough to manage as far as eating as I thought it would be. Wow, that's a run-on sentence if I've seen one.

Talk to y'all later. Off to make a strawberry cake with vanilla frosting, for FREE SUNDAY of course!;)

Hey again!

Kathy - I LOVE the Bootcamp from 4DS -- I'm still working up to it --but I can now do MOST of it. Those suicides are a killer. Also, I need to work up to more push ups!

Belinda - So glad to hear you and DD are so close. My daughter is still in elementary school and I worry that when she is a teen she'll be a typically teen and not want to hang out with dear old mom. Yesterday my kids told me they thought I was a 'cool' mom -- so maybe there is hope!!

Heidi- hang in there -- just doing the workout is half the battle. Isn't it amazing how much stress can be relieved just by workout out! Good job!! :)

Oh my gosh -- strawberry cake with vanilla frosting -- yummie!!

Gotta run!
Michelle
P.S. From the other thread -- YES Gayle you should be on Survivor!!

Good afternoon all!

Today was my sleep in day - all the way until 7:30. Did 4DS Bootcamp and Biceps/Triceps before we got going for the day, and now we're finally home to veg for the night. We did stop by the library to get The Devil Wears Prada - haven't seen it yet.

Gayle - you are such a marketer of the iTreads - if I had a treadmill, I'd probably be getting them all! Good luck on cleaning the house - mine needs it, too, but that will need to wait until tomorrow. My free day is Sunday, but I still plan to get some cardio in - I need to master 4DS High Intensity Step!

Heidi - so sorry to hear about your DH - hopefully this next surgery gets everything right. Don't forget to take time out for yourself - we're all so much better for everyone else when we do (took a long while for me to realize how much my morning exercise really helps me get through everyday).

Melissa - I've found in the past 5 weeks that you can order BFL style when going out to eat - you just need to read the menu very carefully and stay away from the bread. And power to you taking your DD to Chuck E Cheese's. I cringe when the place is mentioned.

Susan - good plan for your free day. Chocolate is always my indulgence.

Belinda - a good night's sleep can always to such good things for a positive attitude, hence my excitement about sleeping until 7:30 today! And I agree that your DD is beautiful.

Michelle - Way to make it through the step combos! I'm always so happy when I can keep moving the entire time with Cathe and crew. Kudos to you on 6 days straight of exercise!

Kathy - way to go on the running. That's the one thing that I really need to figure out how to get it in. I don't like treadmills, and getting outside while the kids are in school is very hard because there's homework and activities. I need to prove to myself that I can run a 10K before I get serious about a marathon - so far I've only run 5's.

That's it for now!

Hi Kathy,

My DH was working on the 3rd floor of our house and had something stick into his knee. He didn't know about it until his knee swelled up like a balloon.

His operation was suppose to be very simple to clean out the area and be back on his feet within 1-2 weeks. He had this done prior to our trip we had planned for the Jan. 2nd for the Cayman Islands because he didn't want to go like that. This would have been all right had the doctor done things properly.
1st error....Cutting too deep and left with a huge slice across his knee with many stitches.
2nd error...Not advising to take asprin after surgery to prevent blood clots.
3rd error...Not advising on how many MG of asprin to take after finding out my DH wasn't taking any and came down with a blood clot.
4th error...My DH went back to see him with an odd amount of blood backing up into the knee area causing even greater pain and swelling.
He (the doc) didn't recognize this as a problem and that it was a hematoma. Told DH to keep off knee and apply heat to the area.
This caused even more blood to form and the knee started to open up just below the stitch area to drain.
By this happening my DH went back to his reg phys. to ask his opinon. His doc flipped! His knee was thus drained of 2 cups of blood.
Latest news...there is a gauze pad left in the knee! He was back at the docs (on call for his reg phys) friday with more swelling. He advised the orthorpedic to look at it. The orthopedic wants to re-open the area....of course not saying that he did something wrong or that there is something in there.

My husband is scheduled for surgery on Mon morn...but he is going to see his reg phys to discuss what should happen before this orthopedic doc does the surgery without someone as a witness. I really hope that my DH's reg phys. can be there for this purpose.

That's the story thus far...What would you do???

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.