BFL...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

skline

Cathlete
I hope its ok that I start the thread.
Just got done with PUB/IMAX3 step combos only.
I feel worked out!

Good morning, Susan. Great workout! And NO PROBLEM that you started the thread...THANKS!

And Happy New Year! My word for the day is TIRED! lol I wasn't planning on a real late night, but plans change, right? HA! BF, younger DS and I went to a neighbor's house last night and were there till after 1am. We came home and I tucked in DS, then BF and I hung out chatting till 3am! Dozed on the couch till 6am, when he went home and I went to bed! lol Just got up at 9:30, and THAT'S not normal of me AT ALL! But what's one day, right?

My workout is going to be an iTread sprint/interval workout and abs, later today sometime. Right now, I'm waiting for the call to pick up my older DS at a friend's house.

Dinner tonight is our traditional New Year's meal...pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and veggies. YUM!

Have an AWESOME day. BBL to check in again!

Gayle

I whimped out and went to be about 10:30...I know I am a loser..but I do feel good today! I just can't function without at least 6 hours of sleep and dd woke up at 6 ready to play!

Good morning Susan and Gayle. I'm dragging today. Today is HIIT for me and the only workout that I have that is HIIT is Imax 2. Not sure if it is even "true" HIIT, but it feels like it to me. ;-)

Had protein pancakes for breakfast and a yolk escaped out of the shell and got into the blender. x( Slippery little sucker. The harder I tried to get it out, the more it broke up into little pieces. Oh well, one yolk won't hurt! They were delish!! Made enough to toast the leftovers for tomorrow's breakfast. Having a hard time with the rest of my day's eating plan. Just can't seem to concentrate today!

Have a great day and I'll check in later!

Hi, Melissa. Yes...those yolks are slippery and it happens to me all the time! LOL IMax would DEFINITELY fit into HIIT, so have fun! Glad you liked the protein pancakes.

I'm dragging too. I don't want to get on the treadmill yet, because I'm waiting for the call to get DS, plus younger DS is awake and roaming the house and I just cannot concentrate when they're in the house awake. I'm winging it as far as WHEN I'll get this workout in!

Gayle

Morning ladies!
Happy New Year to everyone! We didn't do much celebrating here, we're kinda party poopers, lol.

Susan - I'm like you, I start dozing off about 9 or 10 pm every night, it really irks DH. :)

Gayle - Sounds like you had a wonderful time, that's great! I got to bed about 12:30 after all the neighbors stopped shooting guns and fireworks, lol. :7

Melissa - Lol, I have the same problem with the yolks. I found an egg separator in the dollar store that's just a lifesaver. It fits over a cup and you can shake the egg white apart from the yolk pretty easily. ;)

I got up this morning and did iTread Intervals #20 (ran 3.5 miles) and a 15 minute iClimb segment (from an iTri Training MP3). I thought I had downloaded iClimb #6 - 20 minutes (that's a HIIT program) but had downloaded an iTread instead. Bummer....I had to make due. I'm trying to cross train with my elliptical and the stair mill at the gym to get ready for the Climb the Tower race in Feb.

Here's my meals from yesterday:

1) eggbeater/egg white scramble with mushrooms, peppers, onions and 1/8 cup shredded low fat cheddar - 3 small blueberry protein pancakes with sugar free blueberry syrup - coffee

2) Arizona Skillet dinner (I'll post a recipe later) - piece of BFL crustless pumpkin pie

3) Activa yogurt - string cheese - banana - coffee

4) Slice of ham, big salad with 1 tbsp low fat dressing - piece of BFL pumpkin pie

5) 12 cherries - string cheese

6) 2/3 cup Special K cinnamon & pecan cereal with 1/2 cup skim milk (I was starving and should have eaten a half a protein bar instead but the cereal is new and DELICIOUS!) :9

Be back later,
Kathy G

Hello early birds Gayle, Susan and Melissa!! :) And hello to all you sleepyheads who will drag in here later!

We went to a party last night -- didn't get home until around 1:30. I slept in until 8:30 -- so I still got 7 hours of sleep! I feel pretty good today -- much better than I have on previous New Year Days! ha ha.

I did my 20 minutes on the elliptical and then did coremax II. I sure do love the stability ball. Someday I'll be able to do those pikes! :)

I'm almost done with my first bottle of water and just gobbled down some protein creme of wheat. So far so good for 2008.

I think this is why I like BFL. There are little victories all throughout the day. Another bottle of water down, another BFL meal, good workout, etc. Whereas "diets" are filled with failures -- gee, I had a cracker...so I blew it. Who needs that?!!?

I'm with the rest of you, not sure what the rest of the day will bring -- except to know it will be filled with small victories thoughout the day for all of us BFL'ers!!! I'm toasting you all with my water bottle!!

Have a wonderful 1st day of 2008!!

Michelle

Hi Melissa,Michelle, Gayle and Kathy.
Kathy that cereal sounds delish! I will have to try it.
My dh kinda gets irked too..but after nearly 20 years together he knows I am an early to bed early to rise person. I am up ready to roll before 5 usually. I would love to be able to stay up till 11 and putter around the house doing stuff..but I just cant. So far today I have had
Kashi go lean/1/2 banana
oatmeal/nat. pb

I think I'll go print some bfl recipes before SEC football comes on. We recently re-located to Arkansas..which I HATE..however the Hogs are playing in the Cotton Bowl so we are cheering them on. During the regular season they are a rival of the Ole Miss..which we LOVE.
Have a good one!

Hi again, ladies. I am usually one to also doze off if I sit still anytime after 7pm! lol That's why I was COMPLETELY surprised that I made it till after midnight, and am actually somewhat functioning right now! lol

Gayle

Wow Gayle -- I haven't been out until 3:00 since college. What in the world were you chatting about -- must have been BFL!! har har!!!

It's all the extra energy that you have now with the new bod! :)

It was kind of funny, all the gals at the party last night were complaining about there weight, wondering what they were going to do this year -- it was so nice that I already have a plan -- AND had actually STARTED on my plan! I felt good!

Okay off to get a BFL friendly snack. :)
Michelle
P.S. I need to go to the dollar store and get one of the egg sep. That sounds pretty cool. However, my favorite is egg beaters southwestern style (with onions and green peppers mixed in) that way I don't have to worry about real eggs. yumm!

~~HAPPY NEW YEAR~~

I was a major party poopper last night...I was asleep by 11 p.m. Finished up watching.. "Clean House." LOL Of course, I did get awakened by the phone ringing (My Sister from Las Vegas) and then my son stomped in the house around 12:30 a.m.

My official start day doesn't start until tomorrow. I tried to start yesterday, but w/ all the goodies in the house and BF being home their was no way!

Yesterday was PUB (feeling good DOMS today).. Today is HIIT, maybe I will pull out BBC Arms/Cardio...short but sweet or- Imax 3 (first 5 intervals)...hmmmm What do you think!

I def need to get to the dollar store and get one of those egg sep.. I always have problems w/ the dang eggs!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Jennifer -- glad I'm not the only one feeling DOMS today! After doing PLB yesterday -- I had a hard time squatting down to put in my Coremax tape today. :)

I'm just glad I don't have to do another lower body workout until Friday!!

Just gobble up some chocolate protein pudding. Okay, I love it right after I mix it -- I don't even chill it in the fridge. I swear it tastes like brownie mix before you bake it. And to think this is good for me??!! CRAZY!!

Michelle

HA! The DOMS Report in my house is shouting DOMS IN BOOTAY for Gayle! LOL

Michelle-I'm going to make that protein pudding tomorrow. You talk about it ALL the time...it's time to give it a try!

Jennifer-BF and I were up late last night talking about The State of The Union! lol State of Gayle and Dave, actually! We've been dating for about 6 months and I'm really REALLY Falling for this guy. It was time to lay it all out on the table and let him know that, and to find out how HE felt. Good news is that he's feeling the same way, and the fact that we ALL (including all our kids, his ex, his ex's DS, etc) get along really REALLY helps this situation! So....all's well in my love life!

Gayle

Hello and ....Good Afternoon!

I have been up since 6am working around the house. I can't believe it is past noon already!

I have to admit that last night I went to bed around 9pm and that was that. My DH kept coming in to get me to come downstairs but I was just out of it.

Soooo....as for my great escape to the Caymans....
NOT GOING! My DH has been having trouble with his knee surgery and went back to doc yesterday. His doc does not want him flying for at least 6weeks. So the trip is off for him and my 2DS's and I.
My daughter and mother in-law are still going. They have a differnt ticket package then us so they cannot cancel anyway.

Ok....now what???

Continue with another 12 week challenge or the new January Rotation??? I suppose I could do both. :7

Yesterday I did BodyMax 2 scrambled eggs. That was a long but fun cardio session. }(

I just want to wish you all a very Happy New Year and hope you make it a great one.:)

BBL Heidi

Heidi~ OMG, that is awful. :( I'm sure you are disappointed, huh? All that cleaning and hustling around...and now you can't go..I guess you can always reschedule the trip, right?

Come join me, I need someone to start a new challenge with. I am starting tomorrow... 1/2/08.. :)

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES,

Sorry, I am not posting much! My kids are here(I live in Germany) I don't have a lot of time! They will fly Friday morning! The two weeks they have been here went by so fast!

Yesterday I did PUB and today I did 4DS HIS!

Susam great job on your workout this morning!

Gayle your dinner sounds yummmy! Nice workout! Do you use iTrain every other day?? I will sent you Alsia's e-mail! Hope that will work! I am really happy for you and your BF!

Melissa I'm dragging too!! Hope you had fun with IMAX 2 today! Most of Cathe's DVD's are HITT! LOL!

Michelle nice workout this morning! I'm toasting you with my water bottle!! My eating has been clean all day so far!!

Kathy thanks for posting your meal! I will keep me on track! Special K cinnamon & pecan cereal sounds delicious, I have to try! I eat Special K reg.! Great job on your workout!

Jennifer My official start day doesn't start until Monday. I tried to start today, but wich my kids being here in Germany, their is no way! I see you use for HITT IMAX3 ?? Can I use Cathe for cardio too??

Heidi good job on Body Max 2 scrambled eggs! That is a though one! Hope your DH feels better soon!

Happy new 2008!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hi Jennifer and Belinda,

Thank you for your thoughts on my DH. He just came from soaking in the tub and announced he thinks now there might be something left in his knee from the surgery! Gosh...if I wasn't already stressed out with the blood clot. No wonder I just crashed last night!

You are right Jennifer...I am exhausted from all the rushing around and trying to get this house in order before my trip. All for not!

Belinda: I use most of Cathe's workouts for my routine. I just think they are perfect for HIIT and weights. You can always double up on the reps if you so desire. ;-) Everyone here seems to be feeling their recent workouts from using these.
Like Gayle I also use iTread runs for cardio in-between to break it up a bit. Love these!

Just finished my snack of a strawberry/banana protein shake.:9 Drank this as I was making up some of Gayle's spinach cups.

Oops oven buzzer is abuzzing! Have to go. BBL Heidi :D

Hey guys. SUPER QUICK post for me. I'm headed out to pick up DS FINALLY! Younger DS ended going up the street to play, so I took the chance, got changed into workout clothes, and hit the basement. I did iTread 19, 30 minute Sprints (hit 9.3 mph, like a 6:37 minute mile and logged 3.75miles total) and abs from Boot Camp.

Heidi-sorry about the trip! I hope you can get DH's issues resolved soon! 2008 WILL get better! PROMISE!

Sorry, can't comment anymore!

FEELS GREAT to get that workout done!

Gayle

Hi Gayle,

Thanks! I sure hope so!!!!

Great job on your HIIT workout today!}(

Still debating what to do...workout or just climb back into bed.
Feel really workout today.

I have to get DD and MIL to airport early Wed morning.

BBL Heidi

So, Heidi, what did you do? Workout or climb back into bed?????

I'm not sure what hit me this afternoon, after my workout. Perhaps it was later-than-normal-workout-endorphins kicking in, but I geto the URGE and CRAVING to do cardio from the 4DS. lol Seriously. So, I had my parents over for dinner, then they left. Kids were happy, and older DS wanted to watch TV in the basement.....soooooo.....he watched football while I went to my workout area and plugged in the 4DS. I ended up doing the cardio segments of LIS and the calf work (was that from LIS or HIS? lol). I LOVED the cardio and all that footwork. I picked it all up pretty much right off the bat, EXCEPT in combo 3 I couldn't get the step sweep, walk, pivot etc part. I'll try again.

Tomorrow, I've got upper body on tap, and if I'm out of bed early enough, I may do that LIS cardio again for fun. I'm debating between PUB and strictly BFL upper body work. I'll decide later tonight!

OK....time to start getting the kiddos ready for bed. School starts tomorrw FINALLY and we're all in desparate need of our normal routine again.

Good night. Sleep tight. I'll see you in the morning!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.