BFL for Friday April 25

Good morning!

Wow, what a day yesterday! I need to go read yesterday's posts!

Today is Bootcamp/Bi's & Tri's! Boot camp is a toughie for me! Wish me luck!

bbl

Good Morning,

Today is 4DS Kickbox and Legs/Core.

Wish me luck on sign ups today. Good luck to Gayle, Kathy, Melissa and anyone else that will be signing up for the RT.

BBl,

Good morning Stephanie and all who follow!

Didn't have time to post yesterday a.m. I was dragging. Didn't sleep well the night before, even though early in the evening I ran 2 miles, and I was very happy to run those miles in under a 12 minute pace (slow, but I ran the entire time). So I needed to do my UBWO last night, which was Muscle Max upper only premix. I am very proud to say that I nearly matched Cathe in weight the entire time. Now I'm way off track and will need to get today's cardio in tonight instead of this a.m.

So here I am just proud that I'm running again, and my nephew (a freshman in high school) calls to tell me he medaled in a track meet in the 2 miler, which he did in just under 12 minutes. The kid is now running 6 minute miles! He didn't get those genes from my side of the family! LOL!

Another fly by, but I promise to get caught up on personals this weekend.

Have a great day!

Morning everyone!
Today is a rest day for me. I have a swimming lesson tomorrow and the duathlon on Sunday.

DH and I stayed home and took a vacation day today. We have a few errands to run....like pick up his bike helmet at the bike shop and have them put a kick stand on my bike....go shopping at Performance Sports and IKEA...and finally pick up my race packet on the way home.

I'm still debating the RT with myself. One minute I want to go, the next I'm not sure. I want to try to get into the Marine Corps marathon (registration is 4/30 and the marathon is 10/26). I think it would be a nice weekend trip for us to go to D.C.

But that would be two expensive "fitness trips" for me and I'd feel guilty. Why does everything I want to do so expensive? :p ;-)

BBL,
Kathy

Good morning, ladies!

Kathy-what does DH have to say about the RT vs Marine Corps? Have you asked? I'd be interested to hear what he says! :)

I need to catch up. And apologize. I had the house full of kids yesterday and while they played, I worked around the house on various things. Today, pretty much the same thing. With the exception of a noon time break to register for the RT! ;)

I just got done working in the kitchen. Here's what's in my fridge:
8 lo carb salsa chicken wraps,
6 servings of Hearty Cabbage Soup
2 servings 'fried' cabbage
4 servings Cauliflower Poppers
Think I'm stocked? lol

This morning, I was up early! YES....I was. First time all week. I pulled out GS Legs for the first time in a long time and was pleasantly surprised at how easier it felt. Not easy, just easier than in the past. Even those slow-motion lunges...finished them all without cheating or extra breaks.

Update on my toes. Getting better. Yesterday I actually called my grandmother's podiatrist (is that what he's called?) for some input. Said to air them out as much as possible. Said not to STOP working out, just stop wearing the sneakers that caused the blisters in the first place. Also said loser-fitting or wider-toe shoes are best for now, although that seemed to ME that it would cause more rubbing with all that extra room. We'll see tomorrow, when I hit cardio hard.

Thanks for all the support on my decision to pull out of Sunday's race.

Weekend plans: tonight......NOTHING, if you can believe it. Saturday, I'm picking up my race packet, then helping out at the Relay for Life event at our high school, then a DS' baseball game. Sunday is quiet, and we're taking SO's DD out for her 14th BDay. Workouts: Saturday is CCPP day and I'll be doing it on the bike. Sunday, I'm thinking GS Chest & Tris.

Sorry to ramble. I've missed you guys and missed chatting with you.

I'll be around today at noon to register, then check here to see who ELSE made it in!

Gayle

Hi again!
It's so nice to see you back and in good spirits, Gayle...I missed ya! :) Oh man, I'm sitting here trying to decide what to do. I told DH I was thinking of not registering for the RT and he asked why. I told him about registering for the MCM and he just shrugged. LOL, I think he really doesn't care if I do both. Since I don't have to fly in, it's only the cost of registration and a hotel for the RT. ;) The Marine Corp Marathon is the same...gas, hotel and food.

Oh, I guess I should say my ultimate "goal" is to get into the NY Marathon but it's a LONG shot. I'm going to throw my name into the lottery next month and if I get both MCM and the NY marathon, I'll sell my MCM bib. If you're not chosen after 3 years of trying to get into the NY marathon, it's automatic entry on the 4th. So anyway, rambling but I figure this year is a good year to "start" trying for NYM. :)

Kathy

Hey Kathy. Question for you....what else, besides your running and the RTs in the past, DO YOU DO for YOURSELF??? I felt a bit guilty when the RT was first announced for the same reason. But then I realized that every day, every minute, I live for my kids. I do all this stuff for them, and very little for me. So I talked that guilt right AWAY rather quickly! LOL

Either way, good luck in your decision AND NYM!

Gayle

Good morning everyone!

Stephanie - have fun with BC/bi's & tri's. I have to give 4DS another chance. For some reason, I never reach for it. :-(

Carolyn - GOOD LUCK TODAY!!! I hope you get in. I'm still debating on whether or not to try. I think it'll be a last minute decision. I did watch the 2007 RT picture slide show last night and that got me excited about it!

Sherry - way to go on your run!! I am envious of anyone that enjoys running, no matter how slow they think they are.;-) I just can't get into it.

Kathy - sounds like you have a nice day planned today. Enjoy your errands!! I'm still debating on the RT too. Last night I was really excited about it after looking at last year's pix, today I'm kind of "whatever". I don't know why either. Last year I was jumping out of my skin on registration day.

Gayle - GOOD LUCK TODAY!!! I'm glad your toes are starting to feel better. I need some advice from you on Cardio Coach. I don't have any and I just bought a stationary bike last night. Can you recommend any? I took a look at the website last night, but wasn't really sure what I was looking for.

Anyone else have any recommendations for workouts for a stationary bike? It comes with 8 workouts programmed in it already. DH is putting it together tonight so hopefully I'll be able to try one out when I get home. I bought it at WalMart. It's the Gold's Gym one and matches the weight bench/squat rack. I went to the big Walmart in the next town over and they had it on display. Again, I am really impressed with how sturdy and well-made it is.

I've been really in a funk over cardio lately. All I want to do is weight work. So hopefully the bike will get me motivated again.

BBL!!

Okay girls, I've decided that if I'm around the house at 12:00, I'm registering. Since packet pickup is from 5:00 - 7:00 pm we were going to get going on the errands about that time and make it the last stop.

I may delay the errands to give it a shot! Please let us know who gets in so we can start planning! :)

Kathy

P.S. Gayle, you are absolutely right...."I" gotta fit in there somewhere. ;)

Hi ladies! Good luck to all who are registering! I'm registering someone else today (I hope to go to the August one) and I don't think the next hour and 15 minutes can go quickly enough! I missed out on my run last night because that piece of crap AF came to visit and left me crampy and tired. I will get it in tonight followed by some lower body work. Good luck with all your workouts today! 1 hour and 10 minutes to go....

No, not me....;(

I kept getting that Internal Server Error. I tried three times. BUMMER..

Congrats to Carolyn, Gayle & Kathy!!! :7 :+ :)

OK! I think I'm finally calmed down! I'm TRYING to enjoy my grilled chicken and cauliflower poppers, but my heart is pounding and my hands are shakin STILL! LOL

Melissa-I'm sad you didn't get it to work. I really am. Lots of people had problems too. I got that error message and had to refresh 3x as well. HUGS!

OK...on with our day! Kids are squirting each other with water guns, the hose, anything they can use to scoop water! LOL I'm inside working on laundry and a few other house things.

Gayle

Man, Melissa! I'm so sorry you didn't get in. :( I kept getting that stupid error message to. I tried over and over and finally opened another browser and tried over and over. I almost gave up, but eventually after retyping the whole form about 5 times got it to go through. I still haven't calmed down. I'm still riled up about the stupid errors actually. I thought for a moment there I was going to have to tell Shelley I didn't get her in. Are you going to try for August? That is the one I'm going to sign up for and I really hope they don't have this problem again. We didn't have anything like this last year and a ton of people registered all at once then too. :/

Hello to you all,

Just a quick check-in...

CONGRATULATIONS to all that made it in for the RT!

My workout this morning was Cardio and Weights. Great fun!

Came inside to have lunch with DS. We were playing basketball. What a beautiful day!

I am on for the cyber-trip. I can't make the RT so this is ok with me.

I hope everyone has a great day. BBL Heidi

Hi Melissa: Sorry you couldn't get the entry to work for the roadtrip.:-(

How awesome however to get a new bike! I looked at it and put it on my wish list for walmart. Maybe this coming birthday or Christmas I will get it. :7

Hi all! I am bummed, but it's all good. :7

Sue - CONGRATS!!!!

Liann - glad you got Shelley in. Whew, you must be relieved!!

Heidi - I am psyched about the bike. I'm hoping DH has it together by the time I get home. I'll give you a full review!

Hi girls,

CONGRATULATIONS to all that made it in for the RT!

Melissa I am sorry you didn't get in! I didn't even tried!

I am still here! I am so exhausted today, i will go back to bed! Today I will take a break from organizing and tossing! BBL!

Have a great day and workout!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hey gals! Running in real quick!

REMEMBER - MONDAY is "counting burned calories" day! Lets see how many calories we can all burn! Whether it's on the TM, running, biking, aerobics, whatever, calculate those darn calories and post them on Monday then we'll add them up! Should we set a group goal?

Kathy, I purchased a Polar yesterday! I did Bootcamp and Bi's and Tri's today and burned 521 calories! I really like it! Thanks!

Congratulations to those going on the RT!

Okay, GTG!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.