BFL for Aug.19

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Yesterday was a very busy day! The ear/nose and throat doctor said that my ears are still a little infected and my hearing is still off. He gave me different ear drops for rebuilding my natural protection in my ear so that bacteria doesn’t grow so easy! He told me, I always will have trouble with bacteria growing in my ears since my ear canal is shaped funny and the bacteria meaning water (from washing my hair or the shower) loves to hide out way back in my ear! He also told me that the American/German ENT doctors did a study on that particular ear infection, the found that chlorine water is causing this! I don’t swim so it’s not from swimming! I am glad that the military doctor sent me off post, DH and I took a long walk at a lake after dinner. We walked for over 4 miles! It was a nice power walk! LOL!

Today I will do cardio! Not sure which one yet? Maybe I will do IMAX 2?

BBL! Have a great day!

Good morning Belinda! Glad you are getting top notch care! So, you have funny shaped ear canals, huh? :p I'm sure you will get your hearing back to 100% real soon! Nice walk last night! I recommend IMax2 for you today! :eek: It's a goodie!

I hit snooze, most Tuesday's I do that! I get home for lunch around 10:45 on Tuesday's and don't have to go back until 1:15 so I end up doing my WO during those times...so I get to sleep in! WHOOHOOO! I don't have the
Pure Strength series so I will substitute for Butts & Guts today.

Good morning to all who follow!

Morning girls!

Stehpanie-have a butt busting time with buts&guts;)

Belinda-jeanie hop those ear pains away with Imax2

for me....i will be doing a run interval and a dogwalk(if her leg is better) or a pw outside!

now off to eat some breakfast....bbl

Good morning girls,

Stephanie** enjoy B & G! Glad you got to sleep in! I guess I will do IMAX 2 today! DH wants to take another walk tonight!

Amelia** enjoy your PW and run today! Don't worry about that little weight gain! You will lose it in no time!

Hi to everyone that follows!

Hello Girls!

I woke up later than usual this morning. For the past two hours I was running around a camp ground in my dreams looking for my lost purse! WEIRD DREAM I TELL YA! I don't carry a purse! I am totally exhausted from it!!!
My DD missed her early train and now I have to wait for the 9:20am. Which means my workout will be later as well.

Belinda: I am glad to hear that you are getting the help you need for your ears. It is really odd that they automatically blame pools for the infections huh? I hope your new meds work well and you recover quickly!
Have fun with IMAX 2!!! Your walk with your DH sounds really nice as well. I was going to walk with DH last night but by the time he woke from his nap it was already getting dark. Maybe tonight....

Hey Steph: Have fun with B&G! I really like this one too! I do have Pure Strength so I guess this is what I will do plus a TM run. Enjoy the burn of the firewalkers! ;)

Amelia: What's up with your pups feet? Poor thing! Have a great run this morning!

Hey to Kathy, Sherry and Jay! Hi Carolyn!!! How have you been? I am still waiting on Gayle, Melissa, Michelle.... ;) Hello to you all!

Take Care, Make it a good one!
BBL Heidi

Morning!
Belinda – I hope the new ear drops help! Great walk yesterday evening!

Steph – Wow, what a nice lunch period you have! :) Enjoy B&G this afternoon.

Amelia – Awww, I hope your dog’s paw is better so she can power walk with you!

Heidi – LOL! Oh my, those kind of dreams just freak me out! I wake up with an anxious feeling and heart pounding usually. :)

This morning I did 10 in 10 with Mitch Gaylord (a circuit of 10 med ball exercises in 10 minutes) + the first premix of Ab Hits + ran 5 miles using iTread 27 Drills (1.75 times through). I felt exhausted and lethargic this morning. I started cutting calories yesterday (I want to lose a few pounds by the next marathon in Oct) and it sapped all my strength. It’ll take a couple of days for my body to adjust to lower calories so I just have to find some willpower (so I don’t go back to my old slovenly eating habits to feel better, lol). I really haven’t gone that low (1700 cals) so I know I’m not starving *mentally* but my body is saying a different story. Gives you an idea of how much I “normally” eat….eeek! ;)

Kathy

Hi Kathy!

Great job this morning on your workout! I had to check to see if I had that itread...I do! How did you like it? I haven't tried it out yet. I don't think 1700cals is all that much considering the type of workouts you do! How is your protein intake? I feel so much weaker when I haven't gotten enough myself. Speaking of which I need to make my protein shake because I am a shaking from my workout! ;)

I just finished my workout with PS Legs & abs. I started out with an iTread #2 20min to warm-up and then into the leg workout. I was debating to skip my legs because they were feeling kind of heavy this morning. Just kind of achy you know what I mean?

Well I am signed up for a race on Sept. 1 but I haven't done that much running outside as of late. Just raining here most of the time! I know that TM running is soooo much different then the real thing. So now I think I will just run/walk the race seeing as I have never done this route before anyhow.

Oh...If you don't have PS a good sub would be GS legs or Pyramids. ;) The workout was mainly squats, lunges, plies and some light floor work with abs. Just used heavy weights for most of it. Although I did skip the weights for the floor work.

Well off to make that shake and shower. BBL Heidi Have a great day! Great job everyone!

Kathy-How do you know how many calories to eat in order to loose weight? :)Ive went to several calorie websites and got several different #'s! Im also eating around 1700 today....Great workout girl!!!! Wow!

Steph-Great job with B&G's

Heidi-enjoy your protein shake.....

Hey to everybody i missed! My wokrout is done..my doggie limped when she was done so no more walking for her this week! Im going to try and get her an appoitment with the vet soon, there so expensive though:(

bbl!

Hi again,
Heidi – Yesterday my calorie total was 1693 with the following ratio: 39% carb/37% protein/24% fat. I get plenty of protein it’s usually the carbs I have to monitor, lol. How exciting, what race did you sign up for? :)

Amelia – I go according to what’s worked for me in the past. I find it changes as I age though, ugh. I lost 13 lbs. in 13 weeks five years ago eating 1400-1500 calories. I added a couple of hundred calories this time to compensate for the extra running I do. It really is true, your body adapts to certain activities and I fear I don’t burn as many calories running as I did when I first started. But there’s no way I’m giving it up. ;)

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Looking at your protein it looks fine. Checking out the runners diet would suggest that your carbs should be higher but I guess with anything it comes down to trial and error.

You are correct in saying that as we age it becomes ever increasingly difficult to loose those extra pounds. Even worse, yes our bodies adapt to specific workouts very quickly. We have to keep our bodies guessing at what is next like Cathe says. This can be very frustrating to say the least!

My current goal is adding in more interval type workouts to my routine. This is working out pretty well so far. (Of course I need to be a little more consistant! As of late it has been difficult with DH home on vacation to get things done.) ;)

So here is my starting point today: Weight 136 Goal is to reach 132 or 130 if I can get there. I started out my BFL challenge with Gayle at 143 so I am really seeing some results with the 3 weight days and 3 cardio days. I will add in extra cardio just before my weight workouts as a warm-up and see how that changes things up.

My race is here in Gloucester. It is called "Run the Goose" 7K. It is more of a road race now that I am looking at it. I was hoping that it was a trail race for it would be easier on my shins. I try to avoid road running if I can. This is due in part from breaking my tibia running road races and over-training. So as you get older you do get wiser.... ;)

I like running too and plan on keeping up with it for as long as I can. :)

What is your training schedule like for your upcoming race? I am really excited for you and wish that I could be there to cheer you on!

Off to make lunch for DS. BBL Heidi

Heidi - We're at the same starting point, reaching for the same goal. :) How tall are you? I upped my carbs a bit today (I'm shooting for 45%), so we'll see if it helps with my energy level. It may just be an "off" day though, I have plenty of those, lol!

Your race sounds like fun! I agree, running too much on asphalt or cement isn't good. I try to vary the surface as well....cushioned treadmill, asphalt, dirt (along the side of the path). I pretty much do intervals all the time so maybe I need to switch one of those days to steady state and see if that works. Change my routine up a bit. :)

My long run schedule picks up again this weekend with a 10 miler and progressing up to a 22 miler three weeks before the first marathon. I'll taper again after that marathon and run the second 4 weeks later. :)

Thanks for all the great tips!

Kathy

Hey gals! I've been "butted and gutted"! I will not be able to walk tomorrow, I can just feel it!

You all have been busy here this afternoon! I need to catch up later, but wanted to record my workout!

bbl!

Hi Kathy,

I am 5.51/2....who measures 1/2's anyhow! ;) (My DH!) I have been trying to use the new manager for the menu's but it just doesn't have enough of the things I like. I would have to enter all the recipes and food percentages etc.! So I guess it will be either enter close numbers to get calories and diet percentages or just not get that detailed about it all.

My diet so far today:
oatmeal w/ soy milk and blueberries
Banana/Strawberry protein shake made with 1% milk to get extra calcium and Vit D
Peanut Butter and jelly sandwich on light WH.Wheat
Cheese w/ crackers
Turkey meatloaf with mixed green salad and a dressing made from tofu. (This is in the Eat-Clean Magazine pg.51 2008 Summer issue
yogurt for snack later.

Not too bad.... at least I am not hungry or craving anything right now. ;)

BBL Heidi

Hey Steph – Great workout! LOL, those firewalkers BURN! :)

Heidi – I’m 5’5” as well (I used to have the .5 inch too when I was younger, lol!) I’m using Fitday for now (I still want my old user name back before I sign up for the Cathe nutrition software). You’ll have to let me know how the turkey meatloaf turns out!

Food today – 1819 calories (43% carb/30% protein/27% fat):

Meal 1:
protein shake (scoop + water)

Meal 2:
2 egg whites, ¼ cup eggbeaters with mushrooms, peppers, onions, & ½ slice lowfat pepper jack cheese + 2 french toast (2 slices light multi grain bread, 1 egg white, ¼ cup egg beaters) with ¼ cup sugar free syrup + 4 ounces orange juice

Meal 3:
Lean Gourmet Lasagna dinner + small tossed salad

Meal 4:
Balance Bar + banana + Quaker Breakfast cookie

Meal 5:
Perdue Perfect Portions grilled Italian chicken breast broiled with mushrooms, peppers, onions, and ½ slice lowfat Swiss cheese + salad (2 plum tomatoes, ½ cucumber, ¼ avocado, 1 tbsp. light Caesar Dressing)

Snack:
Small package PB crackers

Food yesterday – 1693 calories (39% carb/37% protein/24% fat):

Meal 1:
2 egg whites, ¼ cup eggbeaters with mushrooms, peppers, onions, & ½ slice lowfat pepper jack cheese + 2 french toast (2 slices light multi grain bread, 1 egg white, ¼ cup egg beaters) with ¼ cup sugar free syrup + 4 ounces orange juice

Meal 2:
Chicken Breast + ½ cup whole grain rice + small tossed salad

Meal 3:
Balance Bar + plum

Meal 4:
Perdue Perfect Portions grilled Italian chicken breast broiled with mushrooms, peppers, onions, and ½ slice lowfat Swiss cheese + small tossed salad

Meal 5:
Protein shake (scoop protein powder + 1 cup pineapple + half cup water and skim milk)

Meal 6:
Two Organic Puffed Spelt cakes

P.S. Fitday used to have an option to share your day but since they changed the software, I can't figure it out. It would be easier to give you a link instead of typing it all out, lol!

Hi Kathy,

You are making me hungry!!!

The turkey meat loaf is from the EFL cookbook. It is very frustrating not to have the nutrients laid out per portions however.

For breakfast tomorrow I am going to make the pouch omelets from Tosca Reno. They sound so good right now!
I just finished making a zucchini bread for snacks or a side for dinners. I had to use butter instead of canola oil because I was out! Oh well....a little fat is ok right? ;)

I have to run...MIL is looking for a ride to church. BBT Heidi Have a great evening everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.