August Check In ^^ HumpDay Wednesday 27th ^^

ShyWolf

Cathlete
G'Morning all!

Sitting here with my coffee and getting ready to get my younger kids up soon.

I have plans on doing 4DS KB along with the weight portion(although I really , really want to do a run but I'm saving my legs for CCPP day + the add on challenge for Saturday), some more 1RM testing & day 2 of my PU challenge; I vow to do them all on my toes yet again!

Hope you all have a great day & I will try to BBL!

picture.php

Goodmorning Vilma and all that follow…

YAY!!! I finally have a TV and a different entertainment center. It’s the BOMB!!!!! And all that cost me $200!!!!! I have to show you guys the pic. You would believe it! My friend was in shock that it only cost me that much. I found it on Craiglist. So, that means today I get to do RS!! YAY! My favorite!!! I’m going to be jamming now because this TV is bigger then the one I had and it’s louder.

Chris: It was so easy to set up. It was only broken down to 3 big pieces and easy to put together. The only thing was that TV was HEAVY!!!! My DH said, “Please don’t ever think to move the TV anywhere else until we move, lol.

Vilma: My mom told me about doing my workout on my PC, but I have no space in my room to workout (it’s in my room) and my computer is having problems reading dvds L My computer needs to be upgraded some day. Enjoy your workout today J

Well, this morning I have to go to my job and make sure the class is ready for tomorrow’s open house.

I’ll BB later J

Good Morning Vilma! Ivy!...

I'm still up in the air which 4 DS I'm going to do...:confused: One reason I like more specific workouts on rotation, I can't decide!

This morning, we're all taking my oldest for fasting blood work, and then , for their last day of Summer vacation, we're taking them out to breakfast. I am NOT going to eat there (unless I find something clean to nibble on), In a few, I'm going to make my usual bowl of oatmeal & Fruit.

My workout will be later... Not sure when I can get it in. I have some pre-school running around to do! :eek:

Vilma: That "alone" cup of coffee in the morning is priceless, Isn't it? Maybe I'll join you with KB today..

Ivy: The new TV and stand (at bargain price!!) sound like fun! It will make RS even funner (can that even get funner????).

BBL!!

Good Morning Girlies!!
I just woke up and i'm sippin my coffee too:) Dunkun Donuts is my favorite coffee!! I got really sick last night body aches fever, man I thought it was just a UTI and then it's not!! I have a gyno appt. in 2 weeks to make sure there is no cysts on my overies or anything my lower abdomin sp? is so bloated still and it cramps up! I have to work 10 to 7 today and I feel bad if i call in again so i'm goin to go and be miserable:(
Chris are you just doin 4ds Cardio? Hope your kids have a good last day of summer!
Ivy YEAH you got a new tv sounds awesome!!! What a great deal you got !! I want to get a surround sound for my tv down in the basement, i think the louder the music when i'm working out the HARDER i workout!!:)
Vilma KB is my fav cardio workout I go heavier than Cathe on the leg workouts for some reason it's really easy if I don't go heavy. Sometimes I'll do the leg workout and add on GS leg floor work!
Have a great day!!
Randi

Good morning! Vilma, I read your post last night and realized that makes so much sense on saving the legs, so after all my justification for my order, I did KB this morning!! :) I may save bootcamp for after ccpp, because bc tends to wipe me out. Chris, I know what you mean about having a hard time deciding!!

Ok, Vilma, I need the scoop.... are you sort of estimating your 1RM based on what weights you're using for things these days? I guess everyone does, in a way, because you have to start with some sort of educated guess as what to try. I was just wondering about strictly estimating -- guess that would be skipping the 1RM! :) I'm still so stuck on it.... maybe it'll be easier once the dvds are here. I keep hoping they'll have some help for us.

Ivy, congrats on the new tv setup and getting such a good deal!

Randi, I hope you're feeling better -- sounds miserable -- I can't believe you've been working out through it!

Chris, enjoy the last day of summer vacation and breakfast out!

Oh, and Vilma, sounds like you are a workout maniac again -- good for you! You also sound more like yourself again -- so glad to see it.

happy day everyone!

-Beth

Good morning! Vilma, I read your post last night and realized that makes so much sense on saving the legs, so after all my justification for my order, I did KB this morning!! :)

Ok, Vilma, I need the scoop.... are you sort of estimating your 1RM based on what weights you're using for things these days? I guess everyone does, in a way, because you have to start with some sort of educated guess as what to try. I was just wondering about strictly estimating -- guess that would be skipping the 1RM! :) I'm still so stuck on it.... maybe it'll be easier once the dvds are here. I keep hoping they'll have some help for us.

Oh, and Vilma, sounds like you are a workout maniac again -- good for you! You also sound more like yourself again -- so glad to see it.

-Beth

Hiya Beth!

I just finished 4DS KB w/ weights a while ago- that was a nice workout! I also did my PU challenge on my toes !
47b20s0.gif
It's tough though :eek: I also tested my deadlifts.

Yeah save those legs cause we are going to need 'em for Saturday's PP day. It'll be well over an hour and a half easy!

I already setup my playlist and will be including V7's steady 1 followed by Challenge 1 after the last original CCPP challenge. Then it'll go back to the CCPP cooldown ; I can't stand Candace's version of a stretch so I also added both stretches from Sean's V6 & V7 - a long nice relaxing stretch .

As far as my 1RM testing - What I do is I look at what muscle a particular exercise involves, if I see I've done that one before on my weight sheets I'll go heavier then adjust the weight if necessary. So I have a somewhat starting point.

So for example lets say the heaviest I've gone for flat bench press in the past is maybe 20# DB ... I will start my testing over that number.

I never test by the heaviest I've done when I follow a workout, I go much higher because we are testing to failure.
So say if I can press a pair of 30# DB with good form for lets say 8 reps but no more, then I'll write it down and use the 1RM calculator.

Once I started testing the confusion as to how to do it was gone. It's really simple once you decide which exercise to test and set up any equipment.

I usually test 1-3 exercises per workout day depending on how I feel before my actual workout more on my rest days. Testing is really time consuming though if your doing a planned workout.

Since doing 4DS this week I have seen many of the exercises that need testing for within the dvd's chapters, so that really helps as I look at the exercises and say 'OH Yeah I recognize that one'. I stop the dvd do my testing and continue on afterwards with my planned WO.

Yes I'm feeling much, much better Thanks for noticing
flying-cuddle.gif

Oy! I need to get going didn't realize the time
4fvgdaq_th.gif
I'll try to get later for personals

picture.php

I survived!

Breakfast AND my workout..

For breakfast, I was a good girl, and ordered a poached egg and a small fresh fruit cup :). It was hard, because of course my boys left temptations on their plates... Pancakes, and sausage. I could have easily "picked" at. But I didn't!! Breakfast was of course not so enjoyable as I would have hoped. The boys fought, and pouted, and whined. It was hell! lol!! Made me even that more excited for the first day of school tomorrow!!! :eek:

My workout ended up being 4DS: KICKBOX and LEG work. I didn't do the Core work. My Core is FRIED from Monday and Tuesday's. Especially my obliques. OWIE on the Core work at the end of Kickbox..... :confused: I wasn't so much inthe mood for lower body, but I cranked it out, and I cranked out with heavier weights than usual! I figured if I'm going to do it and not like it , I might as well push it and not like it! LOL!!

I re-did the rest of the week for the rotation for me, since I will take Sunday off. Here it is:

Thurs: ..... (4DS BC , Tris & Bi's & Run in the afternoon)....+ Non ball abs from Butts & Guts

Fri…. .(4 DS HIS, Chest, Back)

Sat…..Drill Max all cardio premix

Sun….Rest

I want to get in all the 4DS, and then I'll do the extra run on Thurs, possibly Friday too, if my legs haven't fallen off by then!

Randi: Meant to tell you, that pain sounds awful and uncomfortable! I read this tidbit in SELF mag yesterday & it made me think of you.

IT OFTEN HURTS WHEN I PEE, BUT MY TEST FOR INFECTION WAS NEGATIVE. WHAT COULD IT BE?... You may have interstiitial cystities, a chronic inflammation of the bladder with symptoms such as urinary pain and frequency that mimic those of a UTI. Experts don't know what causes IC, and there's no known cure ---- BUT, there are treatments that can help relieve symptoms. Some sufferers find that avoiding foods & drinks that can irritate the bladder, such as citrus fruits and alcohol, is all it takes to ease pain: antihistamines, OTC painkillers and tricyclic antidepressants such as elavil help others. Surgical procedures like bladder hydrodistension , which involves filling the baldder with fluid to temporarily relieve pain andpressure, can also help. See your general practitioner, who can put you on the path to relief.
Maybe not, but it's something you could as about too!?!

Hey Vilma: Glad things are better! The 1 RM is sounding even more involved, that you write about it. Oh Myyyyyy, will I ever not be intimidated by it??? WTG on the 4DS/Legs!!!

Hi ladies!!

Just finished up with 4DS HIS: Chest and back...I did pretty good with the step part. I had a few footwork mess ups. But, I haven't done it in a while so it was great!

Getting ready to take the kids to the library..Not much else going on. I am looking to buy an Ipod. I asked hubby if I could use his to start some running. He told me to just get one for myself. He takes his to work and uses his docking station to listen to tunes at his desk. So, yeah..getting my own is a better idea. I am also going to order the weighted vest from Cathe and the reistance bands and the ankle weights. I need new ankle weights. Maybe more. Have to look. If I make my order $99 I get free shipping. That is incentive for more stuff!! LOL

Chris: My core had enough work lately too. That is why I chose HIS today. No core work. I will do bootcamp probably next(Friday) and then LIS (Sunday). Good job on eating smart at breakfast. It is my favorite meal and could it breakfast for every meal!!

Vilma: I so glad to see that you are feeling better. makes me smile to read your posts. I am going to try and start running a little. I am on the lookout for an Ipod as of last night. I need it to keep from getting bored!!

Beth: I was debating doing Bootcamp today. But, I didn't have the energy. It wipes me out too. I may do that one on Friday..

Randi: I hope you are feeling better soon. Sounds so painful..Have a good day at work if possible!

Ivy: Great deal on the tv..I need to look through Craigslist. We want to get a used piano for Lauren to practice on. She hasn't been into piano lately. she said she would like to have a piano. we are still debating that one..

multiple ipods

Hey Kathy, have fun getting a new ipod! One thing.... we have multiple ipods in our house, but just one mac that we sync to. Neither my husband nor I are at expert level on the mac.... does anyone know if it's possible to have two different libraries that you sync different ipods to? There must be a way, right? So far, we've just got the superset on all the ipods, but it's kind of silly and would be nice to keep things separate....

-Beth

Hi ladies!! Busy day...just getting a chance to check in now.

Today was LIS with shoulders and core (skipped the calf work). I don't know what was up, but I kept messing up the footwork in the step part. Fun workout as always, though. I'm thinking about switching up the end of this rotation, too. Tomorrow I'll probably do an itread or cardio coach for the 60 minutes of cycling. That'll be during my lunch, so I might do 4DS BC's biceps and triceps in the morning (I don't care for the cardio in 4DS Boot Camp too much). Then I'll do HIS Friday and I'll have all the 4DS's covered. Not sure if I'll do the Drill Max cardio Saturday or something else. Then Sunday will be rest. Looking forward to what Cathe has in store for September.

Chris, I had to laugh at your recount of your breakfast with your boys!! We've had many family dinners like that. We try to eat all together as much as possible during the week, but sometimes practices and games get in the way. But it never fails...we say let's have a nice family dinner and someone always winds up crying or whining or fighting...you get the picture!! Good job on avoiding the bad stuff at your breakfast, though! And good for you on the heavier weights on the leg work. I hate those low plane lunges - I can never get up off the floor with the weights in my hands and feel like I'm going to hurt something. So, I modify those.

Kathy, HIS still gets me. You'll love your ipod!! Have fun picking one out and loading it up!

Vilma, great to hear you are feeling better. A little time to yourself can work wonders! I love your posts with all your similies and emoticons!! Glad to see your back in form! Wow, CCPP sounds like quite a challenge. I don't have a treadmill at home, so I can't do it Saturday. Let us know how many miles you go.

Beth, so you're doing CCPP also? Are you adding on the extra challenges?

Ivy, wow, what a deal on the TV and entertainment center! You'll love working out to it, I'm sure!

Randi. sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. Not to scare you, but I had a UTI several years ago that turned into a kidney infection. It felt alot like you are describing with the bloating and cramping. I've never felt so sick in my life. Once I got the right antibiotics I felt 100% better within 24 hours? Have you called your doctor and told them about your new symptoms? Hope you're feeling better soon.

Joanne

Vilma: I so glad to see that you are feeling better. makes me smile to read your posts. I am going to try and start running a little. I am on the lookout for an Ipod as of last night. I need it to keep from getting bored!!

Kathy! Don't get your ipod yet! Wait until after Sept 10 thats when Apple gets out the new models! :eek:

I was going to get our lil miss her own nano for her July birthday but remembered Apple always gets their new line out mid Sept.

So she's getting hers for Christmas , me I may end up getting another nano just to separate my workouts from my music esp when I have them on shuffle - its too funny to hear Coach Sean's cool down immediately after one of my gothic rock songs :p

Yeah it just doesn't mesh well:eek:

It's funny cause I'm doing HIS tommorow instead of my scheduled run (I miss running but I know my hips and legs will thank me while I'm doing CCPP on Saturday)

In other news......

We have been under Tornando warnings and a few have touched down in the next county over
twister3.gif

So I have on the news and hoping all we get is just rain. Those twisters are scary and I don't like hearing them when they are close
sm194.gif

picture.php

Hi!

Wow! What a busy day it was today! I just finished RS and it was AWESOME!! I was able too finish the whole thing without stopping for the first time! I guess it’s because I didn’t wear the HRM and when I wear it I’m constantly looking at it and when my HR says 180 I feel like I’m going to loose it, lol and it ends up making me tired. Tomorrow I have to work in the morning for Open House so it will be ANOTHER busy day for me. This is just the beginning, lol..:eek:

Chris: It could have possibly been my new TV that made RS funner, lol! I finished it all the way this time, lol. WTG on your workout! Sunday is my rest day too!

Randi: The same is for me. If I have louder music; I workout harder. That’s why I was kind of not sure about working out in the morning before the kiddo’s get up because I wouldn’t be able to blast my music.

Beth: Thanks! I’m excited about my TV and Entertainment center J

Kathy: Thanks! My neighbor is so thrilled of the deal I got that she got on Craiglist last night and found a HUGE table with China Cabinet for $300 and she’s going to buy it. WTG on your workout today J

Joanne: Yup! I loved working out today with a louder TV J And I could see Cathe even better, lol!

Well, let’s see if it worked. I tried to upload my TV and Entertainment center. I’m going to cook now and get ready to relax cause tomorrow is another long day!

WTG on all your workout today ladies! J

Attachments

• TV and Entertainment.jpg
    TV and Entertainment.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 4
Okay so let me get to personals.... didn't mean to leave anyone out I just wanted to give Kathy a heads up before she gets a new nano knowing the new models will be here soon....
shy2.gif

Hums to herself as she scrolls down to start.....
041.gif

Ivy wow that is a deal! That looks nice! Good that you where able to do RS :)

Chris OMG Yes! That 1st cup of coffee while no one is awake yet is sooo lovely. I get to wake up and enjoy it throughly!

You were a good girl with your breakfast esp with all that tempting breakfast food around... gold star for you
greenstars.gif
( just pretend there gold stars :cool:) Me I would've not been able to not have a big ol' not good for you breakfast
snicker.gif

The 1RM is actually not that involved - granted I do tend to ramble and it sounds more so when I wrote how I'm testing :eek:

Randi That info Chris quoted sounds like maybe thats what it could be?

I truly hope you get to feeling better, nothing sucks more than feeling sick that way.

KB was fun and funny you should say you go heavier than Cathe - in some parts I did too :)

Joanne I'm wondering myself what Cathe plans for a rotation but I feel this month I somehow found myself off her rotation so I may see and wing it for Sept.

Oh yes those low plane lunges bite! I forgot about those and for some odd reason my 1st rep is always wobbly.
boogie.gif

That quiet time must have been what I was needing. I take care of everything, and everybody here and find myself last and its not good. Just taking care of me helps and works wonders.
fairylil.gif

Hmmm
cheeky.gif
I hope I got everyone!

Later Chickadees!

picture.php

Chris, yes, I also laughed at your breakfast description since I could have written it myself! We rarely go out to eat because I just hate all that, but then I think if we took them out more often, maybe they'd get used to it and be better behaved! Quite a catch-22.

Joanne, I hate those low-plane lunges, too -- they are the worst! They really hurt my hip flexors. And as to whether or not I'm going to add on the challenge for ccpp -- I'm not sure -- I think I'll see how my hips and knees are feeling! :) I do like doing ccpp and thinking about running "with" Vilma and anyone else I know who is doing it. It's pretty cool!

Oh, Vilma's right about waiting 'til Apple announces, if you can old out, Kathy. They do that every year. Also better to wait until January than buying in December, because they always announce new things then, too, but of course that's tough with the holidays.

-Beth

Vilma, your last comment really hit home with me. You said you feel like you take care of everyone and do everything for everyone and take care of yourself last. That's me, too. Over the past couple months, I've kind of lost it a few times. Just crying episodes and feeling really overwhelmed and despondent. Nothing I don't snap out of right away, and I know a huge part of it is stressing over my daughter's upcoming surgery. Your kids are a bit older than mine. I feel like I've set a bad precedent because mine really don't have any set chores, I make all their meals, do all the cleanup, laundry, take care of the dog, etc., etc., and I work full-time! My DH isn't much help - he works nights, when he is home he's just trying to maintain or sleeping. And, to be honest, play on the computer. I get frustrated because I do it all, yet my kids are old enough to help out. It's not really their fault. Just wondering how much your kids help out around the house? Mainly I'm just commiserating with you! ;) My "me" time is when I workout in the morning. I swear, if I didn't have that, I'd lose it!

Oh, and I make sure everyone has a nice birthday every year, including my DH. Always have a cake for him and have the kids make cards and pick out gifts. Well, my b'day was Saturday. I absolutely don't care about any gifts - if I want something, I'll buy it if we can afford it and DH is supportive about it. I tell DH year after year, all I want is him to put some effort into maybe getting a card and a cake for just the family. What happened this year? Well, Jameson and Caitlyn made me cards. DH said "happy birthday" in the morning - that was it. I was just really hurt.

Sorry for all the rambling, everyone else can skip all that above if you want! ;)

Oh, and Ivy, love the entertainment center. I need to check out craiglist for a treadmill!

Joanne

regards bladder pain

and interstitial cystitis. I used to have that. I take bilberry which is a close cousin to the blue berry. It cleared up the discomfort/pain in about three days. It can be purchased at any drugstore/online or usually any health food store. I heard about it from my Aunt and I thought it was bogus. But I was only 19 years old and all of western medicine was telling me just to live with it and that there was no solution at all (I was up all night with the pain btw.)

Good luck (I hope you don't mind the comment from a virtual stranger.)

Good Afternoon!

Is it "good"? OMG..my boys are making this last day of vacation excrutiating! i needed to get Zach's diabetes supplies to the nurse before 2p. Well, I went outside to find my 8 year old son, and he was MISSING! I went absolutely crazy trying to find him! And then my YOUNGEST son got on his bike to find him, fell in the woods on his bike, got multiple "boo-boo's" and burst open an OLD "boo-boo" and was SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER! All while I'm thinking my other son was kidnapped or something!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Come to find out, my 8 year old was off with a boy he wasn't supposed to be with, riding in woods he's not supposed to be in! I was a mess. I woke up DH, because I could NOT handle it all (Jake was standing there with blood gushing from his knee, screaming he wanted PEROXIDE so he wouldn't get INFECTED). ooooooh myyyyyyyyyyyy... Is it school yet???

I'm glad you Joanne and Beth understand our "restaurant" escapade. At least it's just not MY KIDS! yes, those low plan lunges are NUTS! I dreaded them the whole workout, wondering when they were coming. I do take comfort in the fact that they only have 2 sets of 10, though!

Kathy: I LOVE my iPod! Love it! I am chomping at the bit to go running with it tomorrow! Yes, I think everyone in our house has their own, except my youngest (who's 6).

Beth: We have 2 different docking stations and have 2 different computers to load 2 different lists on. we do have 2 different iTunes accounts. Maybe that's what you need to do?

Ivy: Holy CRAP! That stand is GORGEOUS!! I love it! what a great deal. Now I want to run over to Craigslist ASAP!!!! Glad you enjoyed and made it all the way through RS!!!

Vilma: It is great to have you 'back'! I do love your posts too! I'll take green stars, no worries! If those sausages and pancakes were sitting in front of me now, they'd be down the HATCH in a heartbeat! I'm worn OUT today!! UGH!

Vilma & Joanne: I do understand, totally about being THE ONE TO DO IT ALL. And Joanne, my DH also works FT nights, and yes, he does the dishes after supper, but it's me that does ALL the house management: appts, school prepping, shopping, cleaning (other than one meals dishes), planning, etc etc. It gets very overwhelming! My boys do do chores, but usually on an "as wanted" basis. When they want to earn money, that is. I could actually push them to do more, but sometimes I figure it's easier if I "do it myself", because I'll end up cleaning up what they just did for the most part. I'm sorry about your birthday being a bust! I'd be pissed off too!! We also make a big deal about everyone's bday here. But my husband usually goes OVERboard on mine. Buying me Italian Bakery cake + cookies, and I'm like, "UGH! I can't EAT all that, I'll be HUGE!".

So anyhow..I rambled too...

Now my kids are starting to bicker again... BBL

Oh, Chris, what an escapade with your boys!! School is looking better and better isn't it? ;) My daughter goes nuts over "boo-boo's". Will scream for a good 45 minutes - no exageration (can't spell today!). My son scraped his knee so bad on his bike one day that to this day he hates to ride it. Maybe our boys should get together sometime...seem to be alot alike! :)

Yea, I mostly figure it is easier to do it myself, which is why I do. But, probably in the long run it's better to get them to do stuff. For example, I separate all the laundry by kid in the basement (good thing we got that love seat!). I'll usually take it all upstairs when it starts to fall over and put it away in their rooms. Well, I figured they can certainly do that themselves, so when I ask them, they do it. Well, except for my nine-year old Colin. I go to his closet the other day and there's all the clothes I asked him to hang up laying on the closet floor. UGH!! He said he couldn't find hangers. Yea, OK. There were like 20 hanging there empty.

I don't mean to sound negative - I love my kids to death, but they drive me crazy sometimes! But, sometimes they just make me laugh. Here's an example. Last year in Ian's class the teacher asked them to write some suggestions for things that they would like to see done differently in the classroom. I laughed so hard at what Ian wrote - I've had it on our bulletin board ever since and just copied it to bring to work if I'm having a bad day. Here's what he said "Dear Mrs. Woj., I think we need softer chairs. I think that because my behind always hurts. Also, I wish it wasn't so cold in room 122. One more thing, I want school to start at 1:00pm because I normally get up at noon anyway. I want it to end at 2:00pm." :) :0

Joanne - Chris said it better than I could have.

Being the primary caretaker is just overwhelming at times more so than other times; esp for me since I do have clinical depression. So it wears me down to the point as if I feel I were drowning if I don't take time out for myself on a regular occasion. Which just recently happened in my case and believe me it was not good as dh was close to taking me to the hospital for a stay :(

Not feeling appreciated and having everyone coming at you from different directions with all their wants and needs is just ugh! Since I stay home to 'mind the fort' as DH says they all depend on me tenfold although the kids can do for themselves and are older it just comes down to plain laziness and me just getting frustrated.

My DH is also a night worker his shift is from 11pm - 7am but since we live 1 1/2 hrs away from his job he has to leave earlier. So in essence I am a single married mom, as much as I'm sure dh would like :\ he does not parent actively as I do - so it all falls on my shoulders. Everything! even getting the cars maintained.

I also do the birthdays & celebrations here with cake , presents etc. here and that’s one thing that I can't complain about now - through the years they celebrate my birthday and Mother's day ( I was born on Mother's Day so yeah) with much enthusiasm, but that was something they all had to learn to do after I broke down & cried and basically told them how hurt I felt.

As caretakers we just don't get appreciate enough and taken for granted.

So now I'm off to get dinner started :eek:

picture.php

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.