April 09 check in Thursday 30th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Getting our thread going..

Today I am doing 4 day split bootcamp cardio and pilates abs....I am experiencing some DOMS from yesterday. Especially in the glutes and a little in the quads...

Be back later!!

Beth: I might be interested in another round of STS in a month or so. Are you doing that? I second the motion to purchase the slanted risers if you haven't already. It makes the incline feel sturdier..I am happy with that purchase! Those risers also stack together to make risers that equal 3 of the regular ones..I use it that way all the time..Oh and I hope everything is ok with the swine flu. How scary!

Vilma: Happy Birthday to your hubby! Also, I really like STS. But, for me I would give up the others. I like the variety. If you don't, then go for it. STS is a superior program;the best!

Chris: I really am enjoying those plyo legs! I think my favorite one so far is last week. Today was a very close second...

Last edited:
Good morning!!! I cannot believe I am done with meso 2! I really liked it -- better than 1. I'm sad to move on. Kathy, yes, in the shower this morning I was thinking I'd really like to just jump back into a five or six month rotation of STS next (not sure I will want to repeat meso 3). In fact, I may shorten my rest this time -- not a full week -- I don't really feel like I need it, and if she did originally design it as a six month thing, then we aren't really ready for a rest, are we? That's my justification and I'm sticking to it! We'll see when I'm having a more relaxed week next week. ;)

I did order the slanted risers, but now I'm in trouble, because I thought they equaled two of the other -- I should have ordered 3 risers -- I'm going to be uneven! I may try to contact customer service and see if they can add in another riser to the order!

We had two baby chicks hatch yesterday -- it was so exciting to discover them last night -- I'll bet there will be more today. Fun, fun!

Have a great day, everyone!

-Beth

Hey Girls!

Hubby is off today, and we decided to go buy some bedroom lamps this morning. And we did! :eek:

Though I hate putting my workout off until the afternoon, I get a little cranky thinking about the time crunch...

I'm switching up Cathe's rotation a bit with Saturday's cardio. Going to do 1/2 of IMAX2 now, and then some abs off of something!, and then take a tiny break and head out to the park for a runny-poo.

So off I go!

I'll BBL for personals...

P.S. beth! I'm sorry I mislead you on the risers! I feel like an idiot! :eek: Still love me?

Beth: Did you catch customer service in time to add to your order? They should be able to do that...I was thinking that meso 3 is going to be tough to do again knowing how hard it is with those HEAVY weights...cool chicks!!

Chris: I hate my workout to be put off too late. I can sometimes talk myself out of doing it if I wait. Enjoy that run!! I almost switched my cardio for Saturday's too. But, I figured I gotta do that bootcamp sometime!

Just finished up with 4 DS bootcamp cardio and the pilates abs..Now, I gotta start cleaning the house for tomorrow night. Lauren's birthday is Saturday and we are having a party for her tomorrow night...She is so excited!!

Be back later..

Wow, what a crazy morning. I'm driving to the train as always. Two blocks away from home a woman runs a stop sign. I didn't have a stop sign and saw her in the intersection. I tried to stop, but slammed into her. My car is a goner. I'm fine - my back is a bit sore. From the looks of my car you'd think I should be in the hospital. The front end is smashed and there were fluids leaking all over. The other lady was fine - all she had was a flat tire. She was upset saying she thought she stopped. I said, no you didn't!! The police came and gave her a ticket and did a police report. They towed my car. I'm sure it's totalled. I'm a bit bummed - it's a 1999 VW, but ran great. We were looking at cars a few months ago but decided to keep the VW and save some money. Now I guess we'll be car shopping again. We do get a rental car from the insurance company, so that's good. I was planning to go to work, but DH wouldn't let me. He wanted to make sure I was OK. So, I'm here with an unplanned day off. DH and I had a nice morning together and it looks like I'll be getting a new car, so maybe it wasn't such a bad thing afterall!! The poor kids were freaked out cause I called right after it happened and DH rushed over there. He went back home and they were upset, so he drove them past me and the car (had to wait for the police to finish) so they could see I was OK.

Good thing I decided to finish up Meso 2 this morning! Tomorrow morning we all have to be up extra early for Ian's student of the year breakfast, so I decided to do it today.

Beth, I'm kind of sad Meso 2 is over, too. I enjoyed it more than the first. I'm not going to take a full rest week either. I'm going to take a couple days just to make sure everything's OK after the accident, but then do some cardio for a few days and maybe start Meso 3 Wednesday instead of the next Monday. I did see that leg/STS rotation. Looks tough, but good! It's a possibility for maybe mid-summer. Oh, how cool - baby chicks! Your kids must love that! So, two slanted risers together don't make a "square"? It has to be three? OK - I'm going to go check out the cost! I do have a 20% coupon...

Chris, enjoy your run and Imax2! Yea for new lamps!!

Kathy, happy early birthday to Lauren! Is it a family or kid party?

BBL...

Joanne! Yikes! I'm glad you're ok, but you really might want to have it checked out. Not to scare you or anything, but I have heard that a lot of times when people are in car accidents they think they are ok and then later the pain sets in. Ay-yi-yi!! What a pain that you will have to get a new car when you weren't really in that mindset. I hope you enjoy your unplanned vacation day with hubby! Is your work pretty good about things like this (you having to take the day off unplanned)?

Oh, I forgot to mention that my legs are so sore from this week's leg work!! Are yours?

Chris, you did not steer me wrong at all! You just said they fit together -- I don't think you said how many they equal. I have put in a message to customer service asking them to add another -- hopefully I will hear from them soon that it's ok. Oh, and I've been meaning to tell you -- I also strap ankle weights and whatnot onto my barbell! :p

Yes, happy birthday to Lauren -- it should be a fun weekend for you! Lots of spring birthdays.... Vilma, are you and hubby still celebrating his?;)

-Beth

Hiya Gals -
Just a quick pop in postie ;)

Joanne I would heed Beth's advice just in case and get checked out if its possible. So sorry you had such a crazy morning and how crazy that the lady thought she stopped. Glad she got a ticket so I'm guessing her insurance company is covering the entire cost right?

Kathy thanks for the birthday wishes to my dh's - he is at the moment doing some woodwork that he was asked to do - It's a very elaborate cabinet flag case he's making for a friend who will be retiring from the Air Force - once it's completely done I'll show off his handy work.

So is Lauren having a sleepover? Seems that is the usual here in our parts birthday sleepovers I mean. I hope she has a wonderful time :D

Beth Meso 2 done? Wow great for you ! :D So are you measuring to see any results?

Whoops need to go pick up my son at school BBL

Vilma, I haven't really done body measurements, but I know that I am stronger -- on one-armed rows, for instance, I am going much heavier and it's not nearly as tough as it used to be. So, I'm definitely seeing progress there, and I guess "measuring" in the sense that I am recording all my weights and seeing them go up, but more importantly, feeling it get a little easier, too (even though it's heavier!). I don't know if you guys remember, but I remember in meso 1 thinking I must have really screwed up my 1RM tests, because I could barely get through without failing or having really bad form. Well, today, here I was doing 80% and really not having a problem. It's very cool to see that progress, I must say! And I was also telling a friend of mine (who thinks back & chest work is a waste of time), that my back is looking really awesome. I had no idea, but Larry commented on it, and I took a look and was shocked! (maybe that's why she named it "shock training system" har har). I told my friend to look at her back once in a while! ;)

Would love to see the flag case once it's done! My husband does woodworking, too, but his style is very plain.

-Beth

Joanne: Wow!! what a morning!! I am really glad to hear that you are ok..I agree..Take it easy. I had a similar accident back in 98..A lady ran a red light a slammed into me and I flipped my van. We had almost paid it off and were looking forward to having no car payments. Well, the van was totalled and we had to get a new car! Lauren is having a kid party..She invited the girls from her book club and another that isn't in the club..

Beth: Yes, we have alot of birthdays this time of year. Me, then Lauren, My brother in law is Sunday, my niece is the 18th, my other brother in law the 29th and then my sister is the 12th of June..Crazy time!!

Vilma: How great that your hubby is so talented with woodworking. My dad dabbles in woodworking some..Yes, Lauren is having a sleepover tomorrow night. She is so excited. She is going to help me clean the house tomorrow in prep for it!! YEAH!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Lauren..I will tell her.

hey Girls!

Gosh... not much time online today! I did end up doing Intervals 1-5 of IMAX2, and then C&W Abs (wow! I like these abs!), and then went to the park for a 30 minute run... Went to the grocery store, and then home to make supper!

Joanne: HOLY CRAP YOU!!! SOOOOOOOO glad you are ok!! I'm a paranoid driver, I swear, I make my husband crazy how I "back seat drive" (I call it co-piloting). But , yeah, you must have been an emotional wreck! Your poor kiddos... You really SHOULD go to the doctor and be checked out. I had someone hit ME a few years back , and the air bag deployed and even though it wasn't broken, they had to cast my wrist "just in case". ANd I started getting these horrible spasms in my leg/back that night AFTER the wreck. Be careful! I love that you are relieved you finished MESO 2! Funny gir!!!

Kathy: Sounds like I have the same DOMS from Plyo legs as you! We have a lot of birthdays coming up in May and June too. Happy Birthday to Lauren!! She must be so excited!

Beth: I'm glad you aren't PO'd at me! LOL! I hope customer service was helpful! .... Ooooh , you are going to LOVE Meso 3!! I'm telling you, don't even worry about missing 2! I love it!! and it has Plyo Legs!!! Don't be sad!!! I've definitely seen more definition in my upper body from STS so far. AND my back! Like you said! I'm also glad to hear I'm not the only one that hangs little weigths off of their barbell!!

I am pooped tonight... and my legs are talking to me after my run today....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.