Alpha Omega Check-In (Tues 2/17/09)

Good morning!

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

I'm not sure if I've used this scripture before. I just love it, as it reminds me of my new life in Christ! :)

Iris, I have been modifying some of the moves in Shred by doing them slower. I tried keeping up with Jillian's lunging pace, but it was just too fast. I'm glad you enjoyed the first STS workout! Have fun tonight with Kickboxing, hopefully your class won't be packed!

I will be back to post my workout later on.

Have a blessed day everyone!

Okay I haven't had a chance to go back and catch up yet. So I am just going to start with an update.

They did a heart cath on my Dad yesterday and found a posterier artery that was 99% blocked. When the closed that area to work, my Dad developed the same pain that he has been expereincing the last several days. As soon as the put the new stent in (#4) the pain stopped. He should be coming home today.

I took my DS to the doctor yesterday morning, before going to the hospital for Dad, and DS has pnuemonia. Got scary yesterday when he temp hit over 104. But he got meds now and seems to be a bit better this morning. Although we ended up in a steamy bathroom last night for 20 minutes, trying to ease the cough.

And the biopsy report came back for my sister. There were no tumor cells, but there were blood cells, so they will remove the lump to play it safe.

As for me other than feeling a bit run down and really tired, I am doing great!

As for workouts I did LowMax on Saturday and burned like 588 calories. I did Amy's Slo Mo Total Body Challange 1 yesterday, stats below. And this morning I did LIC Cardio Premix (got up late after getting to bed late) and burned 394 calories.

[FONT=&quot]Total Body Challenge 1: warm up from leg

Rep count for most of these was eight, but could be wrong on some, so the first number represents how many sets at that weight.

Jefferson squats done on alternating sides
3- 35 ***The toes in and out on this are killer***

Hammy rockers
2- 20's
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Decline Bench Press
2 - 70# ***Added this on my own, good news is I was able to do full ROM this time***
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1- 65#

Lying row on ball
3 - 25's

Shoulder press on Ball with barbell
2 - 40# ***Only made 7 reps on the second set***

Bicep Bonfire
3 - 15's

French curls w/ DB (aka skullcrushers)
3 - 35# ***found the 35# DB hard to hold in the horizonital position:confused:****

Stretch from chest section
[/FONT]

Linda, it's so good to hear from you! Thanks for the update! Sounds like you have had a really trying couple of days!! I'm so glad to hear that in the end, everything turned out okay. I can't believe your son got pneumonia, but thank God he is feeling better! I'm so thankful to hear your dad and sister are okay too. Good for you for staying so positive. Your family is in my continued prayers!

Today my workout was Shred Level 2, plus the floor work from Pyramid Lower Body.

Hi Christine & Linda,

Linda, I'm soo glad things are looking up. You must be exhausted with all that's come at you all at once. How's your son feeling? My daughter's friend was in the hospital for a couple days just last week with pneumonia. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for your sister and your son. I hope your dad got to come home today.

As for me, I'm feeling a little sore from day 1 of STS. Not as sore as I anticipated, but now having taken a kick-butt kickboxing class, tomorrow may be a different story, lol. The instructor was insane today, (in a good way), lol. She finished off the class with some med ball work, and I really felt the burn.

Off to eat dinner and rest up. Have a great evening ladies.

Hi everyone,

Tonight I did LowMax and the abs segment from Leaner Legs. I should have more time tomorrow night for a longer workout with some upper body too.

Linda, you really have your plate full emotionally with all that's going on in your life. Praying that God heals your son, dad and sister. What a worry that must be. Take care of yourself too.

Iris, glad to hear STS made you sore (in a good way, right ;) ) You must be hitting it good!! Hope you see the results for all your hard work.

Christine, I need to be a new creation in Christ; the one I'm living with now is never gonna make it on her own. I am so weak and fragile and He is so strong and mighty. Great scripture. :)

Take care,
Karen

Hello Everyone.
One more day until my Friday. School appears to be going better in this class. My first week assignment grade will be interesting, I made changes at the end but don't know how he will grade.
Linda-Good to know your Dad is doing better. And, your sister too.
May our LORD shine on you all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.