Alpha Omega Check-In (2/16/09)

Iris_g1

Cathlete
Good Afternoon,

I guess I'm the first one here today, so I thought I'd start our thread :)

"I will sing of Mercy and loving-kindness and justice; to you Oh Lord, will I sing." Psalm 101:1

I chose this verse because I always feel uplifted when I sing onto the lord.

Today is my rest day, and boy, do I need it. That kettlebell workout, (Newport), really worked me good. Still unsure if I will be starting STS tomorrow. I never finished taking my 1RM's and I've pretty much decided I'm just going to wing it. I don't see how my workout cards will be accurate anyway. I've previewed only disc 1 & 2, and there are soo many exercises, that I don't see how I'm going to lift as heavy as my workout card tells me, since my muscles will be fatigued after a few exercises, and there are tons, lol. I want to have fun with STS, and I think if I try to follow it to the letter, it will loose the fun factor for me, so I'm just going to use my own judgement and go with it :)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend ladies. Hopefully, I will be able to watch my daughter's futsal game at 3:00PM. I may have to babysit my grandson and unfortunately, he's sick, so that may keep me at home, but we'll see. Check in again later this afternoon. Have a blessed day.

Hi Iris!
I actually did start the thread this morning, but it was way down at the bottom so you probably missed it! :) I'm just going to copy and paste what I wrote and we can work off of this thread... I love your scripture for the day! I think you should do STS however you want to so, like you said, you will have fun with it! Hope your little one feels better soon!

Good morning!

"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me" (Psalm 13:5-6).

Iris, I'm glad you enjoyed your kettlebell workout! Great gift for your husband too for Valentine's Day!!

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoyed their V-Day!

I am feeling better today. Thankfully, my stomach thing passed rather quickley. I am still a bit "off" today, but feeling better! Today will be my OFF day. I used to have Sundays as my off days and I'd like to go back to that.

Have a blessed day to all!

Oops Christine, I have the habit of just looking at new posts, and when I didn't see our thread for today, I didn't even think too look further. But we were both on the same thought scripture wise :)

Enjoy your rest day, and I'm glad you're feeling better today :) My hubby came home from work with a stomach bug yesterday too. He actually thought he had the flu, because he felt achy, but he went off to work today, so I'm assuming he's feeling better. Still waiting to hear from him.

I got a call earlier from one of my cousins. She and my aunt are closeby visiting relatives, so I plan to go see them after my daughter's soccer game. I'm waiting to hear what time my DIL plans to pick up my G.S., but hopefully I'll be able to go visit my relatives :) My grandson seems better today, so hopefully he won't drive me too crazy at the game, lol.

P.S. Oh, I see what I did. I'm a day ahead. I was looking for a thread for 2/16. How did I do that? lol. Sorry guys. I'm rushing things here :)

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear you've been feeling sick Christine. I've always said I would rather break my arm then be naseous. There is nothing more misreable to me in the world. Glad to hear you're getting back to normal anyway. And thanks for the great scriptures today. :)

Hi Iris, I have to admire anybody that takes on STS at all. ;) Just reading about it when the news first came out gave me a headache. I will be interested to see how you enjoy it and how well it works for you. Between that and kickboxing, you're gonna be a contender girlfriend!! ;) Have fun with your grandson and I hope he feels better too. Hate to see the little ones sick. :(

So yesterday I cooked dinner for my hubby, and it was quite a treat for him because I HATE to cook!! But, in being the wonderful, loving, giving, spirited person I am, I made him a seafood dinner. ugh! I hate seafood more then cooking. I made smoked salmon roll-ups in cream cheese for an appetizer, a shrimp salad, crab cakes, and a home made Key Lime Pie. Mind you, I'm a rotten cook, so this meal took every ounce of brain power and stomach I had to prepare things I can't stand to smell let alone taste. But, it turned out really well if I say so myself. I don't want my hubby getting too used to my gourmet cooking though, he may expect it a lot more. ;) May have to feign ignorance next time. ;)

Today was 5 mile run and Gym Style Chest and Triceps. I think I may be getting a little bored with step, so I've been running a bit more.

And Christine, I've been feeling better since I had the bladder instillation on Thursday. I go every 2 weeks to the doc so I hope to be able to cut it to once a month. I had a rough day Thursday and Friday, but the meds kicked in so I'm feeling much better. Thanks for asking. :)

Love you guys and I'll talk to ya'll later.

Hello Linda, Penguin, Becca and Stephanie.

Hi All,
Last night was fun on Valentine (per post in OD). But, today I am feeling down due to my week 6 grade in Business Law and my final grade for that class. From my communication with other classmates, I am not the only one feeling robbed of a grade. So, I listened to "Praise YOU in the Storm," by Third Day on YouTube. This morning, I also favorited some secular music from James Taylor, Jackson 5 "I'll Be There," Journey "Don't Stop Believin" and "Faithfully," and Marvin Gaye "What's Going On."
Praise our LORD, I have Friday off from work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.