6 Monthers, STS, Wednesday

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning ladies. I'm surprised I'm the first one here....I slept in this morning and it's late for me.

I decided to let myself get up without an alarm and I was happy to have woken up at 7am, dozing off and on till 8. I was beat yesterday, my legs felt like lead and I just felt like I was running low on energy. I decided to allow myself some extra food, and that seemed to pick up my energy level around dinner time. So I think I need to figure out where to tweak my daily food so that this doesn't happen. Any suggestions???

Since I slept in, that means no morning workout. HOWEVER, I'm taking the kids to the Rec Program, going to clean my friend's house, then hitting the trail for a run. I'm shooting for 4-5 miles today. We make our run to the farm today, and I have my LAST OFFICIALY PTA meeting as President tonight, when we elect the new Pres and we hand over all our Officer files to the new Officers! WOO HOO!

As for workouts, I think I'm going to use Meso 2 legs tomorrow morning. We'll see....I can decide that later (or tomorrow, even, lol).

Gotta get dressed and out the door shortly. BBL

Gayle

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!

Today is our holiday so no work! I actually have no work for the rest of the week since I don't work Fridays and Wednesday was a holiday then I figure I should just take Thursday off as well. :p:pWe'll be heading down to the city centre for some of the festivities and then going to the baseball game later. Yesterday was the kids last day of school:D:D:D so lots to celebrate.

Yesterday I got disc 31 in and my chest is definitely feeling it this morning. Today's plan is to do 4DS LIS and STS weights/plates abs but DH made us a big breakfast so have to let that settle for a bit. I'm working on week 3 of Meso 3 and I have to admit that my concentration is wavering. It's hard to head to the basement to do a STS workout on a beautiful summer evening and we go camping or to the cottage most weekends.

Mary Glad to hear that you have the new employee almost trained and hopefully will get some summer fun time! I'm starting to think I should have ordered the tower.:cool: I can do one chin up (but ds calls it a nose up) How are liking M3?? The SBT workouts are definitely my favourite.

Chrissy DH talked to the camper people, they are not promising anything but DH is going to remove the sunroom and take it in tomorrow for them to look at. Sounds like you had a fun time camping! WTG on the 10 mile walk! I have to admit since I've been a runner (not much now) who has done a few full and half marathons my thought is why not just run it and be done in half the time. LOL

Jo Now where are you going for your holiday? Is this the kayaking one??? How are your DOMS today. DH was complaining about the pylo DOMS this morning again. He's been doing them about once a week and complains about such DOMS but runs 26.2 miles and it hardly bothers him:confused::confused:

Cendrine That's nice that you got the month off early from Sunday School duty. I'm sure that you've earned your time off. That's great that the kids are still doing well with their swimming. We finished our swim lessons a couple of weeks ago and both kids passed their levels. Do they teach the Red Cross program where you are?? I think you mentioned a disney cruise a few days ago we went on the Western Caribbean cruise (7 days) in Dec 08 and we LOVED it! Some of the pics in my album are from the cruise.

Gayle That's so nice that you have a friends' pool to use close by. My sister has a beautiful outdoor pool that we can use but she lives on the other side of the city. So are you following any type of rotation now that you're done STS?? I'm trying to decide what to do.

Rachael What do you think of the July rotation? Both the June and July rotations look good.

Kim

Hi Guys,

I did Plyo legs week 3. The one legged jump squat thrusts just about killed me! How did you guys do on those? I actually like plyo, the segments are short enough for me to be able to power though them without being completely drained.

Kim, it's funny that your husband gets such bad doms from plyo legs... I got to hand it to him for doing them at all, though! My husband only does the upper body workouts from STS, not the legs.... I would like to see him try though! Not so much to laugh at him as for him to acknowledge just how hard I worked these past few months...:) I only have one week to go after this! It's amazing to think about that!

Gayle, I'm glad you took it easier, when the legs feel like lead it is time to take a rest... As far as the food goes, it has been said to eat like a king at breakfast, so maybe up your calories at breakfast a bit? Maybe that will help.

Chrissy, I am impressed that you find time to walk 3 hours! Just for that I think I would run, like Kim would be inclined to LOL!

Hi Mary, Jo, Rachael, and Julie!

Good Morning Girls!

Today, I did about 3/34 of Imax Xtreme but am getting a headache so I had to stop. (I CAN'T HAVE A HEADACHE TODAY or THIS WEEK!!!) We leave in the morning for Ohio. I will have to get up at 3:00 a.m. as we have a 6:00 flight to Cincinnati.

Gayle, I eat most of my calories at breakfast and lunch time. Maybe you should do a shorter run today (like 3 miles) to give yourself a little more recharging time. You may be more tired also from the change of pace from STS. Now your body is trying to adapt to working out a little different??

Kim, Happy Canada Day! I knew today was your holiday as our Toronto office is closed (of course!). I got a chuckle reading about DH and the plyo legs DOMS! Well, running definitely uses different muscles doesn't it? :D Hope you enjoy the rest of your week off!

Cendrine, I am pathetic with the one-legged squat thrusts. I think she does like 12 for each leg (?). Well, I eeked out about 6 each and they were questionable at that. I think I meant to comment on this back when I did them because that is one of the exercises I really STINK at! :p

Off to the shower and work. I'm leaving at 3:00 today so will check back in later. Good Day Everyone!

good afternoon ladies.

I just finished C&B week 3. I did good but on the incline bench press I was only able to get 5 reps out. Does anyone's wrist hurt when they do barbell rows or barbell curls (it only happens with the really heavy weight)? I wonder if I need an e-z curl bar. More money to spend.:confused:
Then I did Insanity by Shaun T. OMG!! very appropriate name. It was a sampler 40 minute workout. I was a sweaty exhausted mess!!! But it was fun;)

I have to go to price club this morning. I am going to my cousin's cabin in upstate NY. There is going to ber 40-50 of us, and half of that will be kids under 15. Yikes. Should be alot of fun. She has a huge piece of property and a path that goes around the outside of it. It is really hilly. We all named it the Hannah Challenge (that is her last name) The first 3 hills have a very steep incline!! So that will be my exercise this weekend.

Gayle -good for you on sleeping in. You probably needed it. Did you take your rest week from finishing STS. I would think after meso 3 you are in need. Are you eating enough starchy carbs? I know you eat lots of fruit and veggies. I learned that after your workout you need more carbs to help your body recover. Your body really needs them after a tough workout (more than you can get from eating veggies). Maybe try to eat oatmeal or some kind of whole grain with protein after your workouts.

Kim- Happy Canada Day!! Your weekends sound like a lot of fun. I just hope you don't have a repeat of last weekend. I definitely could not run that distance. (10 miles maybe but 26.2-I don't think so) It is a breast cancer walk so I have to train as a walker. I guess I could run it if I wanted but I can't socialize running:p.

Jo-I hope you fight off your headache, your weekend sounds fun. Have a great time.

Cendrine- I do those 1 legged squats tomorrow. Now I am scared!!! I let you know how it goes.

Hi Mary and Rachel-our busy little STS'ers

BBL Have a healthy and strong day
chrissy

I see I posted I did 3/34 of Imax Xtreme! That is supposed to be 3/4! Scheesch talk about attention to detail! That made me look crazy!

Chrissy, I had problems with my left wrist when I got heavier (thought it was just me) and I discovered it was because I wasn't keeping my wrist straight and letting it bend back (does that make sense?). Once I focused on keeping it in alignment with my forearm I didn't have any more problems. Sounds like you're going to have an action packed weekend!

My head is a little bit better (I've taken migraine meds) but the jury is still out! I'm praying this headache won't escalate and fizzle out!

Jo, believe me, we KNEW you did way more than just 3/34 of that workout! LOL

No time to chat....I'm cleaning up, before the mood disappears! LOL

I ended up logging 5.8 miles, with 6 hill repeats in the middle. It was awesome! Well, not at the time I ws 3/4 of the way up the hill and I thought to myself, "what, Gayle? you WANT to do this workout?" lol I felt so accomplished when I was done.

THANKS for the input on my food/energy crisis! ;) I've changed my first meal from a banana with PB2 to a Myoplex Lite Shake. More calories and much more filling, plus it lasts me much longer to meal #2. I'll keep an eye on things and keep you posted! THANKS!

Gayle

Heya gals!!!

I know I was MIA for a couple of days but we worked so late and I just don't have time to check in sometimes.

Well anyway. Yesterday was week 3 of meso 3chest and back. I think this is the first real serious doms in my chest from meso 3. I sould barely lift my incline fly weight over my head. Doing the actual fly's was easier:p. Not easy but easier than getting the weight up. I like this workout. At the end I feel like I really worked hard. But it is so different than the way I feel after meso 2 or 1.
Today I did IMAX2 1-5 and then I did BM2 abs and then the power circuits minus the leg work since I have to do heavy legs tomorrow. I thought all that jumping from the I2 and BM2 would already put enough strain on the legs.

Cendrine-Thanks for the direction. I had clicked on you name but did not find the album option so then I just went to your profile page and there you were:D Your kids are so cute. I don't remember who else said they pictured you as a blonde but I did as well. Isn't it funny how we put faces with names! I have to completely agree with you with the one leg squat thrust. I belive that was the hardest thing for me this week also. But I think that was also my favorite plyo so far.

Jo-Oh how I miss the 70 degree weather. It is not even 70 at night here now. We did actually get some rain which we so desperately needed but I had to be at work so I missed that nice relaxing feeling being as home during a nice summer rain gives you. I hope you have a great time in OH. We will miss you but I am sure you will find time to poke your head in.

Chrissy-You strike me as a jeep gal.:cool: Your weekend sounds like so much fun but a little chaotic at the same time (all those youngens;)) You will have to get out there and hike Hannah's Challenge.
About the wrist pain...mine were achy yesterday but I think it is because I am trying to save time between sets and instead of emptying the bar completely say between bb presses and rows, I will lower the weight a little and then lower the bar from the press rack to the lower rack. I think this puts alot of stress on my wrist...I know its wrong but I am trying to beat the clock.

Kim-Happy Canada Day!!!! I hope you have had a wonderful holiday. I am sorry but what exactly is Canada Day? I like to be informed:D. It sounds like yall have a full day of fun. I am glad you are having nice weather!
I will look at the July rotation this weekend. When are you done with sts? I have one more week to go and then a rest week and then I have to start something. But I am flexable. I just want to keep gaining. Strength, not really bulking.

Gayle-What will you do when you are not prsident of the PTA anymore? I know it filled alot of your time during the school year but it seem like you really enjoyed it. Do they change presidents every year?

OK guys dh is doing a project which involves hot solder and needs extra hands..:eek:

Try to BBT

Rachel

Hi everybody. Just checking in one last time before I tuck the boys and myself into bed for the night.

Rachel, I'll find PLENTY to do with my newly discovered free time. I'm seriously considering putting my name in for a FT spot at our school, but I haven't done it just yet. The PTA President is a 1 year term, with a 2 term max. I could have done another year and a lot of folks were encouraging me to do another term, but I'm done.....once was enough! ;)

I believe I'm going to do a Meso 2 UB workout tomorrow. Whatever disc # is in week 4.

Headed to bed.....I'm bushed (and no longer the PTA President! LOL)

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.