6 Monthers, STS, Sunday

banslug

Cathlete
Ben Franklin: "While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us."

Good morning, ladies. Wasn't I just here? lol (I posted later last night and was the last post for us!) :)

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend! What's on your schedule today? Anything fun or exciting???
Older DS will be going to a BDay party for a friend at the local minor league baseball team game today at noon, so he'll be gone the majority of the day. That leaves younger DS and I. Last night when I was tucking him in he asked if we could go somewhere today....nowhere specific, just 'somewhere'. lol Lots of options, I'll see if he wants to go bowling, laser tag, Chuck E Cheese, shopping (lol), etc. And that's it for the day!!! I will take some time today to cook up and prepare some foods for this coming week. My personal goal this week is to eat only whole foods...no protein drinks or bars.

I just got finished with disc 22. Tucking these discs away for the last time this week. I just can't believe Meso 2 is coming to a close already.

The Vein made its appearance again, and this time on BOTH shoulders! LOL I was talking to him, encouraging them to stay a while to visit with my friends, but they decided to take a trip till my next tough weight workout. They'll be back! :D

I stepped on the scale, I just couldn't resist. And I'm down 1.4 from LAST Sunday. I am ONLY .4 away from my personal goal. Anything beyond that is just s-w-e-e-t icing on the cake.

I am ready for a clean-eatin' day, how about YOU?

BBL

Gayle

Hey gals...Love that quote Gayle- It is so true.

DH is setting here playing his guitar and trying to get the cat to sing along with him...We have alot of time on our hands:D. No children, so the cat and the dogs take the place of that for us! Needless to say I do not think she is singing , just saying 'Whhhyyyy'!:D I think she does not like something about the noise the accoustic strings make. DH makes up funny songs all the time. I have been trying to get him to make up one about STS and put it on youtube for everyone to see it but I think he thinks it will embarrass me. Oh well maybe one day. But watch out because if he ever does he will probably include yall if he can rhyme you in:p.

On the agenda today is a little food prep for the week. I am trying a chicken and wild rice soup (but I only have long grain brown rice so that is what it will be) and I am making a 'light and tasty' version of pulled pork. I am not quite sure what else but I want to be prepared for the week to come so we will see.

Thanks for helping me live a healthier life!

BBL

Rachel

Hi Guys,

rest day for me today.

Gayle, I will add on those blasts next time! Your dare was all I needed... lol!:D
Jamba Juice is a smoothie place, the cool thing is that you get to pretty much tell them what you want if the menu item itself does not suit you. THey also have all the nutrition info for each smoothie and each size. As long as you sub the sherbert out for yoghurt it is really a good meal and healthy, and you can have them add protein powder so youhave the protein taken care of as well! I love that place!
Once my kids schedule slows down, where I'm not on the run during meal times, I want to do your goal and eat all natural no bars or shakes for a while as well! THanks for the inspiration!

Julie, your kids both sound really sweet looking out for others! You are blessed and have done a good job raising them to think of others! How's your mouth feeling today? I'm with you on keeping track on the foods I eat, if I don't, the estimating quickly gets out of hand!

Chrissy, it is warm here, usually between 78+ now and the pool in our community has solar panels heating it, yesterday the pool was actually warmer than the air, it was windy.... The kids had a blast and dd did not want to get out of the pool although she was shaking like a leaf....:) Congrats on the weight loss! You are rocking!

Mary, how did your night out go? I have to prethink what I'm going to eat tonight, too. Our church is having a baptism and ds has decided he wanted to get baptized as well. So we told him he could pick the restaurant tonight for celebrating. He chose Red Robin. I guess they have some kind of salad I could eat....

Rachel, sorry about the dog and the bunnies! It sounds like you are doing an amazing job getting meals ready! WTG! And yay on the getting carded thing! How fun is that!

Gotta go, have a great day, everybody!

Hello strong fit STS'ers!!

I ran in another 5k this morning. I didn't do as well as last time but I still ran under a 10min mile.

Gayle-congratulations on reaching your goal. That is awesome!! You so deserve it, you worked so hard. And another appearance by that vein-:p. My patch of spider veins in my leg are always out-jealous;). ha ha. I can't believe you are finishing your last week of meso 2. I am starting my W4-1. This has gone by so fast. I have definitely noticed some muscles popping out. It is such a great feeling.
The official start of summer- the 1st day of summer which is june 21st.

Rachel- sorry about the bunnies. :(. That is sad. But did you finally watch Grey's. I hope I didn't ruin it for you. It was a great episode. I have heard rumors though that only 1 is actually leaving. So I'm not sure about anything right now.
Your story about your husband and your cat made me laugh. WTG on getting carded. That is such a great feeling. Its funny how when we are in our early 20's we get insulted if we are carded but now that we are older we want it.

Cendrine-Ahh- the weather sounds so nice. Here on Long Island, its raining today-again!!:(
How can your son just decide to get baptized? What made him decide that? Have fun tonight celebrating it though. I am sure they have some kind of salad or grilled chicken you can have. If I am not sure about dressings a restaurant will have I bring my own. So its measured and I know exactly what I am eating.

Mary- did you have fun last night? Were you a good girl? I am sure you did great!!

Julie- your big butt goal made me chuckle a bit. Not too many woman will say they want a big butt. I am still trying to shrink mine a bit. It is getting stronger. After sts I am hoping to be able to bounce quarters off it:p.

Got to go. BBL
chrissy

Chrissy,

in our denomination babies don't get baptised at birth, the thought is to let them decide for themselves if they want to be baptized or not, so at birth, in our church, babies get dedicated, which is a little prayer ceremony in front of the church where the parents, pastors and members of the church basically commit to help train the child up in the ways of the Bible.

We do devotionals at home with ds and dd that are similar to what you might call catechism, and the topic of baptism came up. We discussed it and he said he wanted to do it, as in: he is ready to make a commitment. Usually the church does some classes on baptism before the actual event but this time we were given a booklet to work through with him at home. So he didn't just up and decide to participate last minute, he actually decided a couple of months ahead of time when the baptism was announced and people were invited to go. I hope that helps you understand how it goes here...:)

Nice work running the race! You got a good time!

I just might pack that dressing myself like you suggested....

Hey guys
It is a beautiful Sunday here. It is alot cooler and less humidity than it has been so we have beeen able to open up the windows and let the house air out. This will probably one of the last times for the year. We will start getting pretty hot here soon with no relief in sight until october, maybe.

I think tomorrows workout will be Kickmax, all of it. I have not done that in a while but I figure since I will not be doing legs until Thurs., that should give me some time to recover. I love KB. I don't have cardio kicks but was wondering if you all thought it was a good one. But if it is not on DVD I can not get it.

DH is out cussing the weed eater so I am staying in at the moment. It is a fairly new weed eater but it keeps dying. I think it is the first time to use it for the season so there is no telling what has happened to it over the winter. I see a repair bill in our future though.:confused:

Chrissy- You did not ruin grey's at all. They did a good job with the george story. I did not even guess that was him till the end. They have not been writing too much for him here lately so I think it will be him that is gone for good but I think Izzy will be back. At least for a little while.
I forget if I said this already but WAY TO GO on the 13 lbs. That is amazing. I am scared to get on the scale because before I started on this 6 monther checkin I was going up in weight. But I think I have gotten my eating under control now and may get up the courage to get on it sooner or later.:eek:

Mary-How did you fair last night. Seeing as how we have not heard from you yet I am wondering if you 'tied one on';) That is an expression down here for got totally wasted. Don't ask me why. Did you take snacks and eat them outside? :p I hope you had a good time.

Gayle-You never cease to amaze me. You must be the type of person who sets her mind to something and does not give up until you succeed. I am afraid to set a weight loss goal because I am afraid I will get back into my old habbit of obsessing about food. Right now I know I am healthy andat a pretty good weight even though if I could lose 5 lbs. I would look darn good in that bikini:p. I might even have an ab. :D You are going to have to post some new photos so we can see your STS makeover.

Cendrine-You are my kitchen inspiration. You seem to have a good and healthy way of approaching cooking which is what I aspire for. I want to be able to get in there and create things that are not just healthy but make people want to eat them because they are good. So you can expect lots of questions from me probably.
Oh yeah...the bunny thing. I did not mean to make everyone sad with that. Here things like that happen from time to time and we have to deal with it. You can't very well beat the dog for doing what it does on instinct but you can get very disappointed with them. Esp. when there food bowl are always full of premium food and one of them is about 30lbs. over weight.

Julie-Are you able to eat anything of substance yet? I am keeping you in my thoughts. I made a really good chicken and rice csoup today and if you cut everything up small enough you probably could eat it.
Your kids sound like great little people. Esp. Your son collecting candy for your daughter. I am sorry if I missed it but why was she in the parade?

Jo- I know your busy but we are missing your smiling face so get your butt back here as soon as you can.;)

BBL

Rachel

Cendrine, that's very interesting. Do you mind if I ask what denomination you are??? I like the philosophy, to tell you the truth. To continue on this religion discussion we started a while back.....I'm Catholic, born and raised Catholic. My parents are big players at our church, I went to the Catholic school thru 6th grade at which time my parents allowed me to choose to continue in that school or go to the public school (I chose public because of the sports opportunities, lol). When I graduated and went to college, I chose a local school called Moravian College, and you guessed it, it was a Moravian school. No requirements for religion, though, as they accepted everybody. But at this school, I met a WONDERFUL family who is Moravian. They have 4 girls and they are so close together that each girl was at Moravian at least 1 year while I was there! LOL Anyway, I became best friends with the oldest 2 daughters, ended up working with the Mom once I graduated (at an insurance company), the Dad was a Moravian Minister on staff at the school and actually married my DH and I at my church (we married Catholic). ANYWAAAAAAY......I learned that there is more than one way to be religious, devoted, Christian, whatever you want to call it. Not just CATHOLIC but CHRISTIAN. I learned that you don't have to go to church to believe in God (or whatever else you call your above power). I was so awakened by that that I almost converted to Moravian. I decided the best thing to do at that time (and still today) is to continue my religion and merge it with my beliefs. MANY MANY people I talk to today do this very same thing. I call it my "Revised Catholicism". lol I agree with some of the Catholic beliefs, disagree with some, and can live with the rest with my own personal spin. Does that make sense? Even to this day, my Dad gets on my case (in a teasing way) to get to church more often, set an example for the kids, etc. But I AM!!! I want them to have that freedom to choose which way to lean, yet with the Catholic basics.

OK.....did you all fall asleep now? :)

Chrissy, fear not, I also have those veins in the back of my legs, but since they're out of sight, they're out of MIND too! :) How did you do in your 5K????

Speaking of 5K, I'm running one next weekend. My first in a while since dealing with the PF in my foot. I'm excited.

OK...I ended up cutting the grass. DS chose to have a friend play all day, so we just hung around home here and played. They are up at the friend's house now, so it's quiet till somebody comes home! I got stuff done in the kitchen....made the chicken salsa wraps, made egg white pancakes and have the soup ready....all for this coming week.

I have an idea for our next goal date. How about we set the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE for July 4th, with an intermediate goal date of June 21 (first day of summer). That would mean we'd go 4 weeks from Memorial Day to First Day of Summer, then 2 weeks till our Ultimate Date of July 4th. You GAME???

Gayle

Rachel, you popped in while I was yacking away.

Weed EATER! LOL I love that term much better than weed WACKER! And that is ONE task that I, personally, should NOT be allowed to do. EVER! I did it several times last summer and went straight down to dirt in too many spots, hit too many down spouts, and went thru WAY too much string. I conceed that using that machine is one thing I just can't do! :) As for my weight loss. To put it bluntly, I'm just getting back to where I SHOULD be. Once I get there (ha! Just about am there already), then I will stop worrying about my weight so much. But since it is something that's still measurable and a way to track my progress at this point, it's easy to use the scale for that purpose. But soon, I'll tuck the scale away and stick with measurements, clothes fitting, etc. And YES.....challenge me, dare me, or tell me I can't, and I WILL!!!! I've always been that way.

Gayle

I'm game! And I think I will make myself some eggwhite pancakes to wean myself off the shake somewhere in that challenge....!

Gayle, I was raised protestant on paper, but was actually taken to an evangelical church growing up and not the protestant one. The church I then started attending when I was 14 was considered a nondenomitational church, christian carismatic, if that gives any description.... Now the church we attend is also non denominational, but there are so many of these out there now that it is almost like it is its own denomination, I'm not sure if you've heard of Vineyard churches? It started here in Anaheim California by a guy named John Wimber. Now there are Vineyards all over the world. I'm with you on the customizing... I don't agree with everything that is done but can live with most of it and am trying very much to just do what is right in the conscience that God has given me vs legalistically sticking to rules and regulations. So in a sense, God is holding me more accountable than church is....:)

Rachel, when you mentioned that you like to cook healthy things that people also enjoy eating, I was reminded of the nicest compliment a friend once gave me when we had her and other people over for dinner. I had made a healthy meal and described what was in it so they would know what they get themselves into. They said with a funny tone, 'sounds healthy' Then my friend chimed in and said, ' she makes healthy taste good' And that is really what I try to do, so it was nice that my efforts pan out that way!

Cendrine, thanks for the response. Interesting, all this religion speak!

I just wanted to mention, in case you all just thought I PLAYED all day....I cleaned all 3 bathrooms, mopped the kitchen floor, and vacuumed everything else. I was spending so much time with my scrapbooking projects lately that my house was becoming a pig sty. I felt guilty, so I hit the cleaning supplies for about 2 hours today. And now that the grass is done too, I can continue with my scrapping projects with a clear conscience.
:)
Gayle

Gayle, what ever gave you the impression that we thought you play all day????? On the contrary, when I read about everything you get done in a day, I'm the one feeling guilty....:eek:
Enjoy your scrapbooking! One of these days I will get back into it too! I got stuck somewhere in month 11 of dd baby book.... ds book is good through 4 yrs... Lots of catch up to do here!

Religion and faith certainly are interesting subjects to talk about aren't they? I like discussing about them with others and hearing other people's views and beliefs.

Signing off now....

Gayle when you said you mowed the grass you did not say YUCK...Dare I say you are starting to like mowing the grass;)

I remember growing up and going to all sorts of churches, but mostly baptist. I do not know if this happens everywhere but we used to have a school bus pick my sister, brother and I up for church. I remember my parents not going to the same church we went to and sometimes making me go get on that bus when I did not want to. At some points in my child hood I know we all went to church as a family but not all the time. I still have no idea why not but that is neither here nor there. What I was going to comment on is the baptism. I can remember getting baptised because my friends were. I do not think I knew the real meaning of it then and honestly I have been out of the church so long I still really am no authority on it. :confused: I think here in the south where there is a church every 20 yards in some towns and they are scrambling for the youth to come to there church. They start building huge complexes with game rooms and basketball courts and I have even wworked at a few with swimming pools. They preach that it is keeping the kids off the streets but I think the real "christian" message gets lost here. Most of the kids are so caught up with the extra carriculars that they are probably going to end up like me and never get the real message.
Personally I believe that you do not have to belong to a church to be a good and deserving person and from what you all have said I know you will not think ill of me for that. I have always found the catholic religion interesting probably mainly because there are not that many catholic churches down here. I mean compared to up north anyhow.
OK I know I rambled and I must go try to sleep for the 4 am wake up call!

Rachel

Good Evening Ladies!!

I am going to do disc 13 tomorrow, even though I never got to disc 15 this week. My legs are still really really sore...hope they are better by Wednesday for a second go at disc 14.

I am eating warm creamy whetas right now. This soft food diet is killing me, plus I like my food really hot and I can not have hot food for another week and a half. Not sure why, it could have something to do with the graft the surgeon did? The surgeon was not able to use my own tissue so it cam from an organ donor. Pretty cool.

DS was marching in a local parade with her girl scout daisy troop.

Yes my big butt goal. How long does it take to get one? Any guesses out there?

julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.