6 Monthers, STS, Monday (already)

banslug

Cathlete
BLAH! Monday! LOL But I can't complain, the weekend was quiet and fun and productive. Here's to another week.

How will YOUR week be?
Set your goal right now!
Menu? Have you planned out and prepared for clean eats???
Let's do it!!!!!!!!

OK....rah rah cheerleader Gayle here! :)

This morning's workout is DONE! BM2 Cardio Blast Premix and Weights & Plates abs from Ab Circuits. They both are killer and awesome workouts. I have to say that the more I do Ab Circuits, the more I LOVE it!

All this talk yesterday about BFFM, I may have to cave and purchase it. We'll see. Thanks, Cendrine, for all the input.

OK....Gotta go dry my hair. I'm making Pumpkin Spice Muffins for the kiddos for breakfast and they smell YUMMY in the oven. BBL

Gayle

BLAH! Monday! LOL But I can't complain, the weekend was quiet and fun and productive. Here's to another week.

How will YOUR week be?
Set your goal right now!
Menu? Have you planned out and prepared for clean eats???
Let's do it!!!!!!!!

OK....rah rah cheerleader Gayle here! :)

This morning's workout is DONE! BM2 Cardio Blast Premix and Weights & Plates abs from Ab Circuits. They both are killer and awesome workouts. I have to say that the more I do Ab Circuits, the more I LOVE it!

All this talk yesterday about BFFM, I may have to cave and purchase it. We'll see. Thanks, Cendrine, for all the input.

OK....Gotta go dry my hair. I'm making Pumpkin Spice Muffins for the kiddos for breakfast and they smell YUMMY in the oven. BBL

Gayle

Gayle you always seem like you are on the go and are so involved with your kids. You seem like a great mom (and person!) So generous and motivating. I think I need to take lessons from you. (Are you available for consultation? :p)

Today begins my rest week. I just wanna start MESO 2!!!:confused: I am going to the gym as soon as I get the kids off to school, and run.

My eating absolutely sucks!! I do well all week and then over the weekend I undo everything I accomplished. :(. I am very frustrated. I was hoping to see some major improvements in my body with STS. I am stronger but I don't look any different. UGH!!!!! (sorry to vent)

Have a great day everyone.
chrissy

Chrissy, thanks so much. Although my kids wouldn't agree with you all the time! LOL I just love doing stuff with kids....my kids, the kids at school, the kids in the neighborhood, etc.

And you know what? I'm with you on that vent, girl! I'm the same way for the weekend (although this weekend was MUCH better for me....not perfect, but BETTER). But I'm COMMITTING, starting today, to really focus on my eating during Meso 2. Like you said, we're stronger and the muscles ARE there. But when we think about it...we workout ONE HOUR a day. We eat during the OTHER 23 HOURS. So what needs more focus, right? lol Sounds obvious, but OH SO HARD, isn't it?

Let's COMMIT to being aware of our eating (ESPECIALLY during the weekend)!

OH....and I was thinking this weekend, and I don't know if this was ever asked.
Are any of you 6 Monthers going to the Road Trip this summer?

Gayle

Yeah, it's Spring break!! No packing lunches, waking kids up early.:D Just sitting here sipping my coffee while kids are still sleeping. No work for me! Kim

Chrissy!!!! YES I AM! I am so hoping to meet some of you!!!!!! These trips (this is my 4th) have become more about reuniting with my friends from previous RTs and meeting new folks! I didn't even get a picture with Cathe or the crew last year! LOL

Kim....9 more days till OUR Spring Break, and I'm sooooooooooo looking forward to the same things you are enjoying today!!! ENJOY IT! Do you have anything fun planned???

Gayle

No road trip for me, I priced out airfares last summer, and it was going to be about $2000 for the air fare :mad: that's just not going to happen.

Gayle, I think today we will go out to a movie, this evening we might actually buy that vehicle. Tonight my niece and nephew are coming over for a sleepover, and I will kidsit them tomorrow all day.

Thursday, the kids head to Grandma's while DH and I fly to LasVegas for 3 nights.

Jumping in

Morning Ladies....I just realized this thread was here! I hate that I missed it through Meso 1. I'm going to try and jump in. This is my rest week before starting meso 2 as well. I ran an advanced tempo treadmill routine yesterday and then I did Rhythmic step this morning. I taped it off FitTv the other week to see how I liked it. It was good workout and I love step so it was a lot of fun.

Chrissy, I'm with you.....I do pretty good all week and then lose my mind over the weekends so I can feel the difference in my strength and endurance over the course of meso 1, but I can't see much in the mirror....and I know it's b/c of my eating. I just bought the Beck Diet Solution book to help me and my mom is doing it with me so we're going to get each other through the weekends without going nuts....LOL! Hoping to see more results and be more consistent with my eating over the next cycle....I definitely have the workout's down, I enjoy STS so much that I do not miss a wo! And I'm hoping to run a 10K in May so I don't miss the cardio days....it's definitely the food.....

Kim, hope you enjoy your SB! Sounds relaxing.....

Morning Gayle, sounds like you've had a busy morning. Hope the day is a great one.

Happy Monday everyone!

Good Monday Morning All!

Welcome ASUDaizy! I am also in my recovery week. I did Drill Max Scrambled Cardio this morning. I missed not doing any weights yesterday! How about you Chrissy? I so want to start Meso 2 but the cardio feels good!

Let's all get together on the eating! I did really well yesterday and packed my lunches for today. I always find preparing the night before helps! Say it girls: WE WILL BE GOOD...WE WILL BE GOOD!

Gayle, you are definitely our cheerleader! (pompoms???) And you sound like an incredibliy BUSY mom!

Kim, hope you get your Sante Fe and have a great week with the kiddos!

I would love to go on a RT but alas, won't be happening anytime soon. It would be fun if I lived closer...er or Cathe was on the WEST COAST! Don't you think she could do some regional RT's? I'd be in for that!

Okay, off to the shower...busy day today! BBL!

Jo :p

Good morning everyone! Well I solved the broken dvd problem..so no excuses at least for today. I did disc 7 for the second time followed by the abs weights. I haven't measured my arms yet but they defietly appear larger! I am trying to get back on the BFFM track. Lately I am so tired. I have yeat to do cardio on off days. My hams and glutes are still killing me from disc 9. Well I am off for a quick epsom soak, shower and cleaning.

Hoope everyone has a great workout!

julie

Hi everybody and welcome ASUDAIZY,

GIVE ME AN S, GIVE ME A T, GIVE ME AN S - GO GAYLE
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Just doing a quick lunch hour check-in. I'm with all of you on the eating. If we all stick together, we can DO IT!!!!!! I'm having chicken breast with brown rice and fresh fruit for lunch. So far so good!!! My weekends are also my weak point. I eat great up until then because I have a scheduled routine, and then it's open season when the weekend comes. I'm saying it JO, "WE WILL BE GOOD, WE WILL BE GOOD"!!!!!!

Julie-I finished the 2nd week of Disc 7 today also, and am doing the "happy dance" that we are done with those pushups. My bi's are really feeling it again, more so than my chest. Glad things worked out with your dvd player. Hopefully it was just a glitch and you didn't have to go out and buy another!

Asudaizy-I'm 3 weeks behind most of the posters here. You will find that I'm a little bit of a whiner, because I want to start Meso 2 sooooooo bad. It's hard to hear everybody's reviews when I so badly want to be doing it along side them. I love Rhymthic Step, glad you like it too. The music really gets me going. I hope we see more step workouts similar to that one. If you haven't tried Step Blast, that's also a great step workout with fun music!

Kim-All right of the vacation (HOORAY!!!). Having a cup of coffee while the kids are still sleeping is such a wonderful "peaceful" time. Enjoy your week off. My DH called me about an hour ago and told me he just purchased our tickets to Vegas, so I will be excited to hear all the exciting things you and your DH did! I woke up to about 1" of snow this morning. HMMMM, with all our talk about the weather yesterday, just wondering if you wished some of your white stuff over to us. You're right, much rather have the rain than the snow.

Jo-I'm going to take on CCV8 tomorrow. I know if you do all the challenges, it's a longer workout than 7, so I think I might be up for challenge! It's sounds good now, but we'll see how I'm feeling at 5:00 a.m.

Chrissy & Gayle-I am most envious that you are going on the road trip. I love looking at the pic's from previous years, it looks like a great time. How fun that you actually get to meet some of the people we've been talking back and forth to. What a great incentive knowing that you are meeting up with other Catheite's. If that doesn't help kick the clean eating into gear, I don't know what will. I'm sure you all look fantastic, and very modest of your accomplishments.

Well my lunch hour is just about over, and I need to finish eating. Hello to everybody else that checks in. Have a great day!!

ASUDaizy, WELCOME aboard Motivation Station! lol And Mary doesn't wine, she just likes to stir up trouble every now and then! :p

WE WILL BE GOOD!

WE WILL BE GOOD!

WE WILL BE GOOD!

And yes, I have a pair of pom poms somewhere in the old dress up box in the basement! LOL

Gayle

p.s. Have I mentioned how SORE my chest, tris and shoulders are today???

Thanks!

Thanks for all the welcomes!! I'm yelling it, We can be good! We can be good! I'm doing good so far today....so yay.....I think I have my mind back on track with me finally.....I started a new job just over a week ago and I think that threw me out of whack too.....at least now I'm back on a schedule.

Mary, I haven't tried Step Blast yet....I found some ladies on WW that were Cathe lovers and that's how I learned about her, and this was around Oct. I asked my parents for STS for Christmas, so that is my only Cathe dvd's. I have done IMAX2, PUB/PLB, and Core max from FitTv so far though and loved them. I would love to purchase them all, but I have to spread out my purchases and since I'm having to purchase heavier dumbbells for STS....the money for more DVD's is limited....but yay on needing heavier weights....and I agree, I love the step aerobics. I did just receive a 20% off coupon so I think I'm going to purchase the step b/c I have an old Firm box and it's not sturdy enough for the plyos in meso 3 and it's not as big as the step so I'm dying to get that.....I need a 2nd job to support my wo habit! ;) and you can whine to me at anytime....I'll listen.....hehe!

I'll join in the chant!!
WE Will Be Good! We Will Be Good! We Will BE GOOD!!

I really need to repeat that Friday night when I order our usual friday night pizza. :confused:

Welcome ASUDaizy! I'm happy we have another who will be beginning Meso 2 with us.

I went to the gym today. I was going to run but I ended up on the elliptical for 60 minutes. Worked up a good sweat too.

It is going to be weird not doing any weights! I still have a few things I want to get b/4 meso 2 starts though. I need more plates for my barbell. I don't want to have to rely on the vest. I used it in Meso 1 and there was just so many adjustments with the weights (loaded gloves, plate mates, or the vest). For the squats in meso 1 I actually used all of them at the same time. It got confusing trying to figure out a way to make the 'right' weight and in only 30 seconds.

I have only been to last year's RT. I had a good time although I didn't talk to too many people. But this year I hope I will be a little more outgoing. I am on the boards alot more now. Before last RT I think I had 2 posts to my name! I also went on a tri-staters RT in january and met some great people- Ellie, Gayle, Jerry, Laura, Phyllis, Diane, and Jeanie (all the way from Texas!) and of course Cathe... and I think at least Ellie, Gayle :p, and laura will be there again!! Yeah!!:eek:

Talk to ya later
chrissy

Afternoon all!!
Starting my recovery week but think I am getting a sins infection so I don't know how active it will be :)
Chrissy I can totally relate to the eating thing.. I kicked butt on meso 1 and I am mad at myself for my poor eating and lack of results I feel stronger but that is it we can do this!!!!
I am going on the Roadtrip, my 4th...sooo much fun!!
BBL for personals
Tracy

Hi girls,

I am done with disc 10! Had a busy day!

Hi and welcome ASUDaizy:D

Tracy, sending you lots of healing vibes!

Sorry, no time for pernsolas today!I am very tired and it's late here in Germany!

Have a great day!

Hi Everybody!

Belinda, I just did disk 10 today, too! I was still really huffing and puffing on the shoulder dropsets, but I did them better this week than last! Yay!

I have been wearing a t-shirt when working out, but today I had on a sleevless workout top, you can see the back better too. My husband said seeing my definition made him jealous...:) I hope jealous enough to get started on STS himself...;) I am so amazed with where I have come and it has only been the first mesocycle! That is so motivating!

I'm right there with you all and commit to eat well! (you know, you can make pizza with whole wheat dough and put your own veggies and lowfat chicken sausage and lowfat cheese on it and it won't be so bad.

Kim, I know, me liking and using the heated seats in southern california is a joke to most...:) I don't know what's wrong with me. I was born and raised in Switzerland, cold should have nothing on me, but I use the seat heater all the time, sometimes to warm up from the crazy low temperatures inside stores! Californians sure like their airconditionner!

Jo, I think you will like BFFM, it acutally is very similar to what you are already doing, so it won't take a lot of changes for you. And don't worry, there's room for your chocolates and cookies, cheat meals are allowed on this program!:) Good job on your results! It looks like we are both about the same distance away from our BF goal. It will be interesting to see if my tweaking the program for the endomorph body type will speed things up, and then I will be interested to see how hard or easy it will be to maintain it after I get there. What body type do you think you are?

Gayle, Chrissy, I would love to go on a RT! One of these years I will probably do it, but being over here is making it more involved... Take lots of pictures and share with us when you get back!

Welcome, Asudaizy! It's fun to have you here! I had started doing Cathe workouts with the firm step and finally decided it was not long enough, too! I love my regular step!

Julie, sorry you are feeling so tired. I get bouts of it too. I wish I knew what sets it off so I could do something about it. (I don't like to not work out, so taking extra rest days is something I only do very rarely) I hope you get your energy back fast!

Ok, everyone, have a great rest of the day (or night;))

Welcome ASUDaizy! Sounds like you're just starting your Cathe addiction! Glad that you found you way to us!

Did STS 11 and the no equipment abs this morning, then took the kids to the movies. DD and I saw ALiens vs Monsters and ds and his friend went to Duplicity.

Only 2 more workouts (disc12 and IMAX 3) then I'm done meso1 :D I printed out my workouts cards for week 1 of meso 2, I'm so excited to get started but first I have to buy some weights for my barbell.:D As Cathe thinks I can bench press 80 lbs:rolleyes:

Jo, wouldn't that be neat if Cathe took her roadtrip on tour;)

Julie Glad that you got that dvd problem fixed! How many days now since you did disc #9??

Mary Oops on the snow:eek: I didn't really mean to send it your way:eek:

Gayle Sore from meso 2 already! Uh-oh!

Chrissy I hear you on the confusing weight changes in Meso 1! Sometimes I had 2 sets of ankle/wrist weights strapped on and then dumbbells. I'm hoping for less equipment changes with Meso 2. Enjoy that recovery week!

Tracy Hope you're feelin better soon!

Okay, I have to confess, I mostly skip over the clean eating threads because I don't want to feel guilty :eek::eek: I do not eat clean at all, maybe you all will be a good influence on me!!

Kim

OMG! Chrissy. How stupid am I? And we don't use the word STUPID in this house, so don't tell my kids! ;) But seriously, STUPID, I AM! Of COURSE I know you from the January Tri Staters gathering! DUH!!!!!! DUH!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!

lol

Seriously, you look nothing like your avatar pic (those pics are too small anyway, to be able to see anything in it).

LOL

I didn't even read the few posts since my last one, once I realized I ALREADY KNOW CHRISSY! LOL

Mary, where is the "slap yourself upside the head" smiley when you need it?!?!?!

Just finishing up dinner (tilapia, steamed broccoli, 1/2 small baked sweet potato...YUMMY)!

And I KNOW CHRISSY! LOL

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.