5ft 3 and under May 7

lulu68

Cathlete
Good morning!

Today's workouts was 8 mile run followed by abs segment from core max. Will be back later to post my eats. Have a great workout everyone!

Lourdes

I sure wish I had your drive Lourdes. Maybe if I ever get my own treadmill. They went and changed the gym equipment on me and I can't stand it. Is that picky? I do think that brands make a huge difference and more expensive isn't always better. Sorry, my soapbox rant for the morning. Today I will likely do one of the cardio segments from my new DVDs schedule to arrive (4-day split and Kick Punch Crunch). It's sunny finally, so I may try to run at least 15 mins outside just to enjoy the nice day.

Heather

Good Morning,

Tonite is Burn Interval which is HIIT cardio and Ab Burner. DH is buying me a new pair of shoes today so I would also like to try a walk tonite, but its suppose to rain.

Heather-I wish I could be more like her in the way she eats and workouts.

Lourdes-you are my inspiration. How do you keep your meals from getting repetative? I don't like cottage cheese its the ew factor, it took me forever to like yogurt and then I am real picky.

Roxie - I know what you mean. I have the workout part under control (probably even overkill), but it's the eating that is my downfall. I know I eat better than most people, but I also know that I'd see better results if I didn't give into my cravings for chips (though I stick to my baked cheetos mostly), cheese dip, and pizza. Then I think sometimes, life is too darn short to not enjoy some of those things!!! :eek:

Heather

Good Morning,

Tonite is Burn Interval which is HIIT cardio and Ab Burner. DH is buying me a new pair of shoes today so I would also like to try a walk tonite, but its suppose to rain.

Heather-I wish I could be more like her in the way she eats and workouts.

Lourdes-you are my inspiration. How do you keep your meals from getting repetative? I don't like cottage cheese its the ew factor, it took me forever to like yogurt and then I am real picky.

Roxie

You are to sweet! I have been working out for years and trying to eat clean and still don't get the results I would like to get. It's so fustrating when you have been working out and giving it your best and then you have Valerie Bertilini come out with her flat abs (I'm happy for her, she's so likeble) but you know what I mean. Anyway's I don't like yougurt either it's to sweet, I think tha'ts why I prefer cottage cheese I don't have much of a sweet tooth. Talking about shoes, I need some new cross trainers, I think I will add that to my birthday list. I will be 41 on Sunday the 10th, Yikes! Enjoy your workout today!

Lourdes

Lourdes - do you think that maybe you should re-evaluate what you're eating? I mean, it's super clean, but maybe not enough calories for your workout level? From all I've read, there seems to be a fine line between maintaining the right calories needed for the workouts but then also for the weight loss. Too few calories and your body starts storing it up, too many, well you know how that one goes. Just a thought. Maybe switch it up a little and see. I have no clue what the calorie intake is for your meals, and I am certainly no expert!!!!

Heather

Roxie

You are to sweet! I have been working out for years and trying to eat clean and still don't get the results I would like to get. It's so fustrating when you have been working out and giving it your best and then you have Valerie Bertilini come out with her flat abs (I'm happy for her, she's so likeble) but you know what I mean. Anyway's I don't like yougurt either it's to sweet, I think tha'ts why I prefer cottage cheese I don't have much of a sweet tooth. Talking about shoes, I need some new cross trainers, I think I will add that to my birthday list. I will be 41 on Sunday the 10th, Yikes! Enjoy your workout today!

Lourdes

I'm so excited, my DVDs came in. I plan on doing the Double Cardio premix from the Low and High Intensity Step disc of the 4-day split.

Hope everyone has had a good one!

Heather

Lourdes - do you think that maybe you should re-evaluate what you're eating? I mean, it's super clean, but maybe not enough calories for your workout level? From all I've read, there seems to be a fine line between maintaining the right calories needed for the workouts but then also for the weight loss. Too few calories and your body starts storing it up, too many, well you know how that one goes. Just a thought. Maybe switch it up a little and see. I have no clue what the calorie intake is for your meals, and I am certainly no expert!!!!

Heather

Hi Heather,

Your absolutely correct! I cut my calories way low in order to loose the weight I gain over the winter time when I was trying to gain more muscle mass. I gain the muscle mass but also my scale was going up and on a 5ft women doesn't work or at least for me it didn't, I was looking bulky and stocky. I was up to about 113 during winter, now I'm down to 103 so I'm thinking I'm going to add more calories to my diet. Anyways every little advice helps thanks for your input. Thanks Heather!

Lourdes

P.S. Enjoy your vedeos!

Meals for the day:

Meal 1: Ezekiel bread Tbs penut butter and 1/2 cup of coffee

Meal 2: Protein shake

Meal 3 Go Lean High Protein Cereal, 10 almonds, 10 walnuts, cup skim milk

Meal 4 Mcdonalds grilled salad with balsanic dressing

Meal 5 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Meal 6 Turkey burger with 2 cups of veggies

Good Night!

Lourdes good meals as always. I wish I weighed 113lbs I need to lose at least 10lbs to match you.

Heather-we just need to follow her example.

Here are my workout stats for tonite:

Burn Interval
48min
43 in the zone
150 avg hr
183 max hr
358cals burned.

Ab Burner
10min
2 in the zone
116 avg hr
143 max hr
48 cals burned.

Had to stop a few times I got dizzy and lightheaded. Wore my new shoes but had to change half way through into my old ones.

Good job everybody!

This morning I did the Cardio only premix on LIC. I discovered that its time to up the risers to 8 inches. I'm working the couch to 5k program. Tomorrow is the third workout of week five. I'm working on losing 50 pounds. I'm only doing one weighted workout per week and primarily doing yoga for muscle building. That and those hills I jog up :D I am also building serious biceps from doing yard work :eek:

As for my eats: Its a low calorie day. What that means for me is that I'm skipping my evening meal. I started with steel cut oatmeal with strawberries and coconut oil. I had my left overs from Olive Garden, chicken, ricotta and pasta. I had a small piece of the raisin/pecan/dark chocolate bar from Trader Joe's. Then I had some macadamia nuts and an organic apple. I got this sack of organic apples on sale and they have Sponge Bob and Dora the Explorer on the label. I think its :cool: I also had a slice of home made whole wheat walnut/carrot bread.

I love grocery shopping. I feel like that is the one place where I really make a difference in my body. I am a big proponent of exercise, but it really is the eats that change body fat/muscle ratios. Lately I've been craving pizza so today I bought the smallest little loaf of foccacia with olives and parmesan. Tomorrow, I will make a miniature pizza. I have mozzarella (low fat) and olives and mushrooms. Its going to be so tasty.

RapidBreath - You'll be amazed at what bumping up to 8" will do with that circuit. It's one of my absolute favs but I wasn't feeling like it was very much cardio until I got the larger step and went up to 8". So how far are you able to run at a time now? I pushed myself really hard at a 5K last Friday so I have only run about 2.5 miles this week and done mostly step. Oh, and my legs were fried from the STS on Sunday (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)!!

Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.