50 and over week of Sept 26 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good morning,

Yesterday I felt really good. I think that is the second time in the last 4 months. Let's hope it lasts.

Magnolia the treatment for the joints sounds really good. I wonder if it works? I have my right shoulder that always starts to hurt when I lift.

Off to football game so I will try to check in later.

Joan

Morning ladies!

I can't believe summer is officially over. :( Fall clean up time.

I plan to do a step workout today. As soon as the comcast guy leaves... :rolleyes:

Hi, Y'All!

It was a busy weekend, but not so much today. Just finished Disc 31, now it's time to cook!

Have a great evening, everyone!

Magnolia

Hi, Y'All!

Finished Disc 32 this morning. More plyo legs. I modified, but tried to stick as closely to the moves as possible. A few times I surprised myself, but squat thrusts are just a little too much right now. I just try to make sure I am getting heart rate up and a good sweat.

Right now I have to do workouts in the morning--it is crazy busy this week, and I want to be sure to get them in. I only have four STS workouts to go this time around, and I really want to finish them all.

Jann, love the pictures of the granddaughter on FB. She's beautiful, and you look so happy!

Have a great day, everyone.

Magnolia

Thanks Magnolia. I just love her!! :D High fives!!!! You will finish!!

I am so embarrassed I just can't seem to get a workout in. I am walking daily and try to keep moving. Just finding a hour to lift weights is hard these days. I am sure things will slow down.
I started obedience classes with Reggie. I have to work on his homework for a hour a day. That is a lot of walking. After this we move on the agility training. I'll be running! :p

I am up early this morning so I am going to check out the 6 am spinning class at the gym. I would work out here but I am afraid I'd wake everyone else up. We don't have a basement.

Jann, just enjoy the excitement ! Nothing like a new baby! How old is Reggie now? Out pup is just 6 weeks.

Magnolia, you definitely get the award this time around! I think you are the only one of us that stuck with it! Do you see good results?

Joan, hope you are doing ok!

Beth I saw the picture of your little guy! :D So cute and very tiny. What breed is he?
Reggie is 7.5 months old. They really teach a lot in 6 weeks. He is doing pretty well, except for the loose leash. I can't seem to get him to stop pulling. The trainer says it's me. :eek: So today I am looking at Cesar Millan for help. :rolleyes: The class I am taking him to is a clicker and reward class. I have to admit I hate the clicker. Seems I am not coordinated enough to click and praise in the correct order :confused::confused: The other thing with this class, he has to be on a leash to do the training even at home. So even just grabbing a few minutes here and there is hard, I have to make a production out of it. :eek:
I am going to PetSmart now(which is a good place), I plan to find something else to go further with his training. More specific training.

Joan, How ya do'n??

Magnolia -- go girl go!!!!

He is a jack Russell and rat terrier mixed. He is so smart and so friendly! I did a similar class a few years ago when we had an Alaskan malamute. The dog was actually my sons but ended up with us. The treats the trainer recommended then was to take a hot dog. Cut it into about 20 pieces and microwave until each piece is hard. They were cheap and worked well. I've always wanted a small dog but with boys around, we've always had large ones. I do love them all, but this one is so sweet!

I went to the early spin then came back and fell asleep! Oh well!

Hi, Y'All!

I am so jealous of y'all! I love dogs so much and so does dh. We just did not get another after the last one. I think we made a lot of excuses, it hurt so much. Maybe soon, though. We've been throwing hints at each other.

I just finished Disc 33! Looking forward to finishing STS, so I'll know what it feels like! Beth, I notice the most difference in my arms--not bad for someone my age. My abs seem a little more flat and my posture is much better.

Joan, hope you are well.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Magnolia- having the puppy is like having a toddler around again in the sense that I'm getting too distracted to work out at home. The only way I get it done is to get out the door to a class at the gym! I think I'll take Cathe with me to the gym in my ears! You are doing great! I never thought about my arms until I caught a picture of myself one time. I would like to get more definition, that's for sure!

Have a good day!

:D --- I agree Beth. The first couple of weeks were crazy. Where is he? Can you see him? Gates everyplace. Going outside every 2 hours. :eek::eek:

Magnolia -- YOU are the best! I bet your arms look wonderful.

Beth I have found it's harder to workout with the puppy around. I have made a commitment though. I am starting a October rotation of some sort and sticking with it! Gesh, enough with the excuses. :mad:

I will probably do CLX, that seems to be my go to rotation to jump start me.
Oh-- I did finish the STS series also,right after it came out. :p

Hello!!

Where is everyone? I did a butts and guts class this morning and a physique 57 tape. My thighs are fried!

magnolia- did you finish?? Lets see those arms!

Joan-- You ok?

Jann- put down that puppy!

HI HI --- :D Beth. It's been crazy here. Do you like the physique 57? I looked at the series a while back.

I am such a slug with my workouts.

Magnolia -- did you finish???

HI Joan.

Oh -- it's not just the puppy. I have a brand new granddaughter. I get to babysit just the two of us on Friday-- can't wait!! :D:D

Jann- I bought it awhile ago and I saw a challenge for it on fb. Well, I love a challenge! So, I decided to try it again, figuring that it wouldn't replace other stuff just add to it. It is soooooo hard! Your hips and thighs And bumm feel like they are going to fall off. You're abs twitch for days. The only thing is- I don't like tanyas style and voice. So after the first few times, I just play it without volume and follow along.

The closest thing cathe has done was the barre part on her leg video, but thus is so much more. Maybe on the new series?

Hi magnolia and Joan!

There are couple of sets of physique 57, which set did you get? If you don't mind me asking. I could use a kick in the abs!! :D

I got the original set 1- but I hear that set is great. Be sure to get the playground ball unless you have one. The one they have is just right for the workout!! Again, you may not like her style- so different than Cathe- but you will be burning!

WHERE is EVERYONE??

I saw the clip of the Spin tape that Cathe has coming out and I can't wait!!!! But, why is it taking so long?

OH Magnolia and Joan come out come out where ever you are... :D:D

Beth I learned a long time ago not to compare. Everyone has there own style. Now that you mention it. I think I remember reading about Tanya's voice. I'll try to fine some clips.

"taking so long" -- I know you would think as long as SNM/Cathe has been putting out workouts, they could estimate better. It really makes them look bad. I don't mind the long pre-sales the workouts out are worth it. I do mind the stupid estimate dates. :confused: AND if the dates change, why do they ALWAYS try to make up excuses. The truth people!! If someone couldn't make the rehearsals, the shoots, just tell us, crap happens. good grief.

stepping down from my soap box - :p

Hi, Y'All.

Well, we have been away for a few days. It was a rough summer with no time away. Dh had an opportunity to take this week off and get away for a little vacation, so we did. Went to see our friend in Brockton, Mass for a couple of days, then spent two days in Salem. Had a great time in Salem, we walked a whole lot. Parked the car right after we got there and did not get in it again until time to come home. Salem's great--of course the whole month of October there is Halloween, so there were all kinds of fun things to do. We desperately needed the time away, and this was our only big chance for a while.

I am still going to finish STS, I just had to put it off until this week. Shouldn't be a problem, there are only 3 workouts left, so I will dive right in maybe Sunday.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Magnolia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.