50 and over week of Sept 12 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
This needs to the the day I get diet back. I'm afraid three bad days may have wiped out 14 weeks of dieting. I will weigh first thing in the morning and find out.

Come on everyone let's get serious before the holidays come.

Joan

I am so with you Joan!!! I didn't do as well as I wanted all summer one thing after another with the excuses!! :mad:
Back on TRACK!

Good Morning, Y'All.

I'm guilty, too! I let myself be a slug for the last week because of this cold :eek:, but that stops today! Maybe the cooler weather will be more inspiring for us.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Weigh in today is 169.8lb last Monday I was 165.4lb. Let's hope it is all water weight. Yea sure.

I got the Walk it Out game for my Wii. It is a fun addition to get some extra steps in. It is misleading it said I had 9000 steps and GWF said 4065 for the day. I think I believe GWF.

Magnolia I really do feel better now that it is cooler.

Football game this afternoon but I do have food planned. It's the drink I need to skip.

Joan

Hi, Y'All.

I just finished Basic Step. Next time, I need to use an 8" step. Do you notice that you sleep better when you are working out? I surely do! I guess that's one of my biggest reasons for exercising.

Have a super rest of the weekend, everyone!

Magnolia

Hi Everyone!

I haven't exercised yet today-but, yesterday I did food prep for a whole week so that I would not eat anything that was not planned. That will keep me on track!

I may pull our a step routine after the Jag game! Rain delay!

Teresa-I always sleep better when exercising- although, sometimes when I hit it too hard, I actually wake up during the night with muscle cramps. I have taken gabba for that though. By the way,how did you come up with the name Magnolia?

HI all! I did LIS step today instead of KCM step boxing. Step boxing was way over my head. :eek: I need to watch this one before trying again. Either way I got in a good step workout.

I also believe working out helps with sleeping. I almost always wake up at 3:00 am nightly... most of the time I go right back to sleep some nights I am awake until 5. :confused: I've often wondered why 3am??

I know, I know how Magnolia got her name. Beth I don't remember the story behind iron-mom. Guess mine?? :p

Hi, Y'All.

Beth, I was born and raised in rural Georgia. I had lived there about 46 years, when my husband (who was born in Brooklyn and raised on Long Island) decided to take a job working with his dad here in NY. So we moved here from Georgia. The only thing helping me make it through such a drastic transition in cultures and being away from my family was the choir and the music director at my parish. When I became a cantor, the congregation was so sweet to me, and they like my accent. One of the baritones nicknamed me Magnolia and it stuck. Even the priests call me that now. In fact, that picture of me on Facebook singing was taken at the parish talent show a few years ago. That same baritone and I sang the duet "Make Believe" from Showboat, and I am Magnolia Ravenal in the picture.

Have a wonderful night, everyone.

Magnolia

Hello!!

That is a great story Magnolia! I imagine you were homesick for the south. So, are you feeling more at home there now??

Jann, I am confused- Your name isn't Jann? The story behind iron-mom is this. As going "online" became more accessible, the warning was to keep your kids safe by not letting them use real names, and disclose personal information etc. So I found the Cathe sight in the usual way most exercise obsessive people did, looking for new workouts. Then I read the message boards long before I ever said anything. I had to create a used name so--I was lifting weights at the time, and my sole identity at the time was MOM--(I can still hear it...MOM!!!! -- IRON-MOM...

By the way, did you try the gabba? I have a book on nutrition and the brain- and one of the suggestions for not being able to sleep( specifically, not in falling asleep but in staying asleep) is GABBA- it is a neurotransmitter that help calm the ones that want to pop you out of a dead sleep into anxiety.. if you know what I mean.. I got it at the healthfood store and only use it every now and then, but you really sleep!!

No formal exercise but I walked about 4 miles getting to and from our parking space at football game. We deliberately park far away so we don't have to pay $20. I also got 4 miles worth of steps playing the Wii game. It is fun.

I bought new bands so I think I might try travel fit.

I did lose 1.6lb of water just 2.8 more to get back where I was.

Joan

hey ya'll. I'M HOME!! so glad to be home. very long day.

magnolia, so sorry you are so far from home. i know it would be a difficult transition to move away from the south. been here waaaaay too long. :)

ok, i am so ready to workout tomorrow. did some at the hotel, but not for the last 3 days. just had no time or opportunity to do it. i mean besides walking and riding last nite.
my computer is being very dumb tonite, so i'm gonna sign off now, will ttyl.

Good afternoon, Y'All!

Yep! Good one, Jann! LOL! :D

Yeah, I am still homesick most of the time. Not any less than the day I moved here, really, but by now I have learned how to cope. I have been promised that someday, when we retire, we'll move home. In the meantime, I just stay busy and try to keep a good attitude.

I had a lot to do today, so there was no workout. Again. Oh, well, I'll just go to bed a little earlier and get it done tomorrow.

Have a great evening, everyone.

Magnolia

Magnolia, I'm sorry you're not happy where you live. We will never get back to my home town which I really liked but after several moves I was lucky enough to finally settle in a place we love.

Yesterday was really busy. A man came in Monday night with his last 5 years worth of tax returns. I'm trying to finish them as soon as possible.
Most people know you get a penalty for not paying their taxes (25%) but don't realize you also get a 25% penalty for not filing your return. I always warn people to mail in their return even if they can't pay. Of course he wasn't a client back then. So the $12000 he owed is now $18000 plus interest. You also don't get your refund if you don't file within two years. Because you have 3 years of open tax years to amend people are surprised about the 2 year rule.

More work today so I will just get a little time on the Wii.

Joan

Good almost noon, Y'All!

I'm not terribly unhappy, just would rather be home. But I have a great marriage, a very busy life and a lot of friends. That is the best medicine indeed.

Today I did The Firm's Ultimate Fat Burning Workout with Allison. I really like that workout. I ordered a heart rate monitor, calorie minder kind of watch made by Bowflex. I have to get into the workings of it, but am anxious to see how well it works.

Well, hope you all have a wonderful day.

Magnolia

howdy ya'll! well, today i did dangerous curves ahead and added a 12 min. HiiT circuit, which made it 70m.
yesterday was , uh, well, i can't remember. let me think. oh yeah, calorie killer 2 and another extra 10 circuit, which made it 60m.
then, yesterday the g/kids came over and we played. i missed them so much while i was gone. so, i'm gonna go down to their house tomorrow and swim and play w/them.

magnolia, have you gotten alison's new one? calorie explosion? it is sooo tough! i like all of alison's workouts. she is a great instructor and puts alot of core work in her cardio.

Good morning, Y'All.

Yep, Cathy. I do have Calorie Explosion. I like the fact that you can just do one or two segments or the whole thing (since I'm usually pinched for time). I also like the fact that those are all tough segments, so you really get a good workout. I really like Allison, she's very good.

Don't know what I'm doing today exactly, but it'll be something!

BBL.

Magnolia

Hey--it's just me again!

I was preparing for the first rehearsal of the season tonight, and I got stressed out. Since it was a pretty morning, I got outside for 3+ miles of Joanie Greggains' Pace Walk. It was the right "pace" for today, so I enjoyed it a lot. LOL. :D

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Hi Everyone!

Doing a little pilates today. Yesterday I went crazy with spinning and TRX.

Magnolia- I used to have a Cathy Smith wallk and a Jane Fonda walk- They were audio tapes that you listened to outside- Is yours the same?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.