50 and over week of May 31 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good morning/afternoon,

Beth I really love my pace weights. I hope they work for you.

Yesterday turned into work in the yard wo. I forgot abs.

I need to get back to logging in food before I eat. Calories aren't too bad but nutrition isn't as good unless I plan. It doesn't look like I will lose with sts and Cathe's cardio. I need to have cardio every day.

I'll check in later for wo.

HI all!

OK I can add another calorie burner to my list. Detailing my car!! Man that's a lot of work. But, car looks good! :p My fingers not so much. :confused:

Good evening, Tricia, Jann, Magnolia, Beth and Cathy,

I just finished disc 11.:D:D:D If I get disc 12 in on Tuesday I should be able to start mesocycle 2 on Monday the 8th right on time.

Jann I got 4 mi on treadmill also today. Putting the tv right in front of the treadmill meant I didn't have to have tv on so loud. Because I have all my windows open I didn't want to keep the neighbors up. My car is 15 years old and has been washed once or twice. The color is perfect so you cannot see any dirt or dust.

Tricia I'm glad you are young. Hope leg is better quickly. I don't even attempt most jumping etc. Of course that is part of the reason I burn fewer calories with the dvd's.

Magnolia Keep working on the paper. Every hour get up and do 30 jumping jacks.

Have you seen the June rotation? I might try it after we're done with 3 months. It seems to tweek the first mesocycle just a little bit.

Good Evening, everyone!

Well, I did it - I got Disc #12 done tonight, and even did the extended stretch. Now I'm looking forward to some Yoga, light cardio and a well deserved break from weights!
My foot feels much better today and I had no problems at all doing Legs....aside from the actual workout, that is! I've lost two pounds this month and am feeling alot more definition. I'll be interested to see how the next Mesocycle is.

I really hate to keep on just popping in and out, but I take time when I get it!!

See you tomorrow - I'm thinking yoga or pilates.....

HI girls!
Congrats Tricia and Joan!!!! Meso 1 done! :D
Joan I am glad the treadmill/TV is working for ya. I have done that so many times. Tell myself if I want to watch something get on that treadmill and just walk.

I have not worked out for 4 days... I really am taking a break. :eek: I am not feeling well. I thought that I was just really tired I believe its more. I have a slight fever and my whole body hurts(not in a good way). So I'll be taking it easy again today.

hey ya'll. can i join? i am 54. an dtoday i felt every single one of my years. i felt like i got hit by a truck. woke up to a migraine and sick to my stomach. i finally felt better this after noon and did get a workout in. yesterday, i was full of energy and felt great. i hate these kind of days when i feel horrible. do any of ya'll ever have days like that? my dr. says there is nothing wrong with me, so i guess it is age. actually, i was like that on saturday, too. and then sunday i felt great. i just don't get it.

here is what i've done this week so far:

sun--4-day split HIS & ab circuits yoga abs
mon---4-day split KB
tue--4-split BC, weights only & then did timesaver #3, but w/out the weights.

anyway, thanks for lettin' me whine. :)
cathy

Good evening,

Yea just finished disc 12. I hope I remember to weigh and measure tomorrow.

Tricia don't worry about posting just get wo in. I'm sure you won't have any trouble with active week with your kids. I have to watch out that my active recovery isn't sitting and reading.:eek:

Jann I hope you're feeling better soon. Take it easy. At least it is a rest week.

Cathy Do you notice any pattern to your bad days. Something that may trigger them?

Good morning,

I weigh 167lbs- that is 1lb more than the start of STS. Measurements were exactly the same.:( I did have a lot of salt yesterday so will remeasure on Sunday.

BBL with cardio.

Hi Everyone!

Joan, do not worry about that pound. I gained in the first cycle and then by mid second through the 3rd meso cycle the weight came off fast. Do you feel like you have tightened up?

Jann, you sound like you are getting the flu. I had something similar about two weeks ago and I thought it hit me harder becasue I had been exercising so much that my resistance was down. Its a good thing it is your week off.

Cathy, whenever I feel like that I look really hard at my diet and see if there is a pattern of too many carbs or something- Since I have been clean eating- I do not feel like that anymore-with the exception that when I started doing the STS, I was so tired that I feel asleep about every afternoon for an hour or so-

Hi to Tricia and Magnolia! :p

Hi Beth, Jann, Magnolia, Tricia and Cathy,

I did 5 miles on treadmill. I think I will try to reduce calories for rest week to lose even if I stay the same during meso 2 and 3.

Beth I can't tell if I'm tighter or not. The fat on top is squishy fat. I usually measure loosely around rather that pulling tight.

Good morning! My head is still fuzzy and I am still blowing my nose (sorry if that's tmi :p) I am feeling better so I'll be doing some type of cardio today.

Joan 5 miles - high five!! Were you watching something good on tv?

Hi Beth, I don't think its the flu. I think my body was a bit run down and this cold took advantage. :confused: After 5 days of resting I am much better.

The worse thing is my eating was terrible - self medicating I guess. :( I jumped on the scale and almost fainted. So back on track today!!

Hey to Tricia, Magnolia and Cathy!

Hi, Everyone.

Still working on paper!:confused: I have managed to get in the CLX workouts, although I had to skip Tues. I don't know about today--too much left to do and the deadline looms:eek:.

I had my semi-annual blood test this morning (I'm on bio-identical hormones & have to have blood work done every 6 mo.), so it was fun not being able to have anything but water or black coffee for 12 hours, but it's over with.:)

Cathy, do you have allergies? That sounds like me, too, but I know that mine is due to allergies. I have headaches quite a lot (usually when I first get up) and an occasional "sad tummy." I agree that when you are feeling bad, it's good idea to try to remember what you may have consumed, including supplements or medications. I am allergic to sulphur, which gives me a severe headache that Advil and aspirin won't even budge. I learned I had it when I had taken some supplements that were sulfates.

Hope you are better, Jann. Sometimes we have to take some time off to let our bods heal.

Wow, Joan! Five miles! You go, Girlfriend!:D

Hi, there, Beth & Tricia--hope all is well with you.

Got to get back to work! Have a great day.

Magnolia

Another late wo.

I mowed the grass and did 3 mi on treadmill. I finally got more than 2400 calories burned in a day. It's a been a while.

Jann I was watching a Burn Notice marathon. I hadn't seen the old episodes. Tonight was the season opener so at least I knew what was going on and had another reason to walk. I am getting a little faster.
Up that vitamin C, you need to get healthy before Monday.

Magnolia I hate deadlines but without them I would probably not get anything done. It's great you are still getting wo in.

Hi to Beth, Cathy and Tricia.

Morning!
Yesterday I got 30 minutes on the treadmill and did Amy Bento's abs #1 from her abs and stretch dvd. Today more abs probably #2 and treadmill.

Joan Good job on the 2400. I have not been good about checking my numbers. Today I will!! The scale is scaring me and I noticed my menopot bump is a bit bigger than I would like :( -- got to do something!

Magnolia How'd the blood work go? Does the bio-identical hormone help?

Hey - Tricia, Beth and Cathy!

Good morning,

Jann I always do more wearing the armband. Even if it is only a little more. I find it easier to burn 2000 calories than the 2400 I want.

I am making ds chicken and noodles and mashed potatoes for his birthday. I need to look up calories BEFORE I eat to know what serving size I can take. I LOVE chicken and noodles. (So does he)

Good afternoon, Everyone!

Just a quick check-in while I am taking a short break.

Wow, Joan, you like Burn Notice, too! It's a good show. BTW, congrats on the 2400--that's great.

Jann, the bio-identical hormone therapy does work for me. I was having hot flashes, night sweats, little sleep and was exhausted all the time, not to mention the weight gain (which might have been partly a plateau.) The worst was that I was depressed a lot. I found a very reputable doctor and have been on this therapy since August, 2005. I now sleep well most nights, no hot flashes, only very occasional night sweats, my depression is not nearly so profound--I feel good most of the time, and I have energy now. It might not be right for every one, but it works for me. ;)

Got to get back to work!

Hope y'all all have a great weekend!

Magnolia

hi everyone, thanks for all the info. no, i don't have allergies. and i am gonna try and keep a journal of the bad days for the summer. i have felt fine the rest of the week. did imax2 yesterday, and i could still walk today. LOL! then, today, the grandkids came over. we rode horses all morning, took a short nap and then went swimming this afternoon. i'm pretty tired , now, but it has been a busy day. did not get a workout in, but, i think i did enough.

i was talking to a friend who has lupus about the way i feel.. she went to an immunologist. i may think about going to her and seeing what she thinks. my family dr. does blood an stuff on me every year, but the regular cbc doesn't show anything.

anyway, thanks again for all ya'll suggestions.
cathy

Good evening all,

I know why I haven't made chicken and noodles in a lonnnnnnng while. I can't not eat them. I only(?) had two helpings but I had 2 pieces of strawberry rhubarb pie. I must admit to making the best pie in the world.

I was busy today and just finished 3 miles on treadmill. For the second day I used more than 2400 calories. yea (but I probably ate more than that:eek:)

I think I will preview Meso 2 just to see what it is like.

Happy Saturday!

Joan well I have to agree I did much better yesterday by taking note of my numbers. I really wanted to snack last night and didn’t because my calorie burn was only around 2000. So I jumped in place a couple of times. I haven’t had chicken and noodles with mashed since I was a kid. It sounds wonderful! :)

Cathy I miss riding. I grew up with horses. Do you live on a ranch? How many grandchildren do you have? It sounds like your day was very busy.

Magnolia I am glad to hear BIH is working for you. So many women can’t find an answer. What is your paper on?

Hey Tricia – hope those kids give you a little break.

Beth You gained the first cycle too? I am really looking forward to Meso 2!! I am going to try to cut back on carbs. After looking at my diet I eat way too many.

On my way to do a step workout – gotta get this body meso 2 ready! :p I printed my workout cards yesterday for the month. I am getting anxious to get started.

Good afternoon,

My calories eaten for yesterday were 2680. Actually less than I thought.
I don't know why I can't remember to fill out meal plan before I eat. I could have made slight adjustments and eaten 2400 cal or increased wo to use more. I found over Thanksgiving, Christmas and Christmas parties and a weeks vacation over New Year's I could still lose. It all comes down to meal planning. Why don't I listen to myself?

Jann I only print out 1 weeks wo card at a time in case I adjust weights.
I noticed on wocard for disc 13 I don't have many target weights. I will need to preview to get ready. It looks like you use the same weight but vary number of reps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.