50 and over week of July 4 check in

howdy, ya'll. well, the beginning of another busy week, it looks like. my kids went to kansas last friday and they rolled in at 8 am this morning and came here. so, the g/kids and my dil were here all day, so no workout. none yesterday either, so gonna work hard the rest of the week.
the people with the 50 acres called and are interested in our offer, so we will see what happens.

i am supposd to do a 60m. c&s tomorrow, so gotta figure out which one.
hope everyone had a grea 4th. i did nothing. laid around and rested all day. it was WONDERFUL!

Hi all -- I'm still around. I am going through a real slump. I can't seem to pull myself out of it. I don't know what to blame it on really. I guess I need a real good kick in the pants. ;)

It's hot here again and no rain for weeks. I've had to water my gardens some at night and some in the morning. It's taking me 2 to 3 hours a day. :confused: I may have to face the facts and let it go... some things are not going to make it.

Any of you here on facebook? I am getting a kick out of it lately.

What a weekend, we worked the whole time. On Sunday I used 2497 calories. I think this was an all time high. I had a 2309 calories deficit for the week and I gained 2 pounds. I've decided something is wrong and I won't record anything until next week.

Jann I would love to give you a kick. Come by to visit even if you're not working out. I am on the treadmill tonight can't make myself pick up the weights.

Cathy how quickly would you have to move?

Joan

joan, the contract on our house will be that we can stay here for 2 yrs. if, and it is a bigh if, we get the 50 acre place, i would guess we would move maybe around the first of the year. we don't have to rush, so that is really nice. it is just very sad that we have to leave our home of 27 yrs. i love my home . but, the Lord has always taken care of us, and HE will continue, i know. we are waiting to see what he has for us.

well, i did emily's CAWT today and that is such a tuff workout. it never seems to get easier. i think it is the hardest firm there is. i think it is harder than the classics imo, emily does such a great job in this one. tomorrow, is a long tuff cardio, not sure which one yet.
any suggestions??? :)

Hi, Y'All!

We got back from our trip yesterday morning, but were wiped out. I have so much to do, getting laundry done, plus getting ready for DS and grand son's visit week after next. I'm taking a jet lag day today. Gotta go buy food, etc., and the front porch furniture needs my attention.

I didn't really work out on the trip. When we are on a cruise, we don't take the ship's elevators unless we're in a hurry to get somewhere, but opt to go up and down the stairs. The weather was beautiful and warm every day, but not hot. On the Queen Mary 2, and you can walk the deck--3 times around the ship is 1.1 miles, so we walked the deck some. You see lots of people doing that when the weather is nice.

I just saw today's weather forecast--89-99 for today!!!!!!!! YIPES!! :eek:

Please stay cool, everyone.

Magnolia

Hi all!! My thermometer on my deck says 120 degrees!! I can not believe how hot it has been. We set a record yesterday and I think we may be close to it again today!! It is NEVER like this. My poor gardens are suffering.

I did a workout yesterday :D:D:D Bob Harpers Cardio. I really like Bob. This workout is wonderful. It really kept my heart rate up, not a lot of jumping and only uses an 8 pound weight here and there. I burned over 300 calories.. woohoo and it ended with 10 minutes of ab.

Today nothing yet... I am thinking 30/30 because it's quick and I burn a lot calories.

hmmmm, strange weather! where are ya'll? now last summer we were burning up w/the over 100 for like 2 months straight and no rain for months. but, you can expect that in s. texas. but, this year we are having a wonderful summer. has not hit 100 yet and we have had lots of rain and are gonna get more today. YAY!!!!! we can always use rain down here. sorry ya'll are baking. i know that is NO fun!!!

today i did tracie's new staying power. i forgot there was some weight work. so, my muscles are fried. i did a heavy cardio/sculpt yesterday and then this today, but did not go anywhere near as heavy as yesterday, but still fried.!

Maryland about 60 miles north-west of DC. HOT HOT HOT!

I did 2 miles on the treadmill today.

Good evening,

We had a nice birthday party for my dil tonight. I sent all the food and cake home with everyone else. Only one meal of good stuff.

I found a pirate ship for the swimming pool at Target. It is 5' by 3' and Elliot loves it. If only I could get the pool heater fixed so I could go swimming.

Jann I don't know Bob Harper's video. Since I haven't been going outside I haven't really noticed heat but we are a little nicer than normal. 85-90 degrees but the humidity is not so bad yet. We also have had rain about once a week so I haven't watered yet. We have had quite a few tomatoes.

Cathy I can't imagine moving but it could be a good change. I hope you find the right property and get it at your price. I'm glad you didn't have to get out too quickly.

Beth I would love to get grandaughter to be as active as you. How did you get to enjoy outdoor activities? Did you do much as a kid? I can remember always getting sunburned as a kid and I sat inside and read. Do you think that influenced my adult activities? We didn't have any girl sports at school either. I guess really it's a wonder I wasn't a fat kid. I didn't gain weight until I had two babies.

No wo yet but I need to do something to burn off the piece of birthday cake.

Joan

Hi, Y'All.

Cathy, I live in New York! Only right now, it is more like New Yuck! :rolleyes: Yeah, it gets pretty warm here in the summer, although not this bad, usually. I grew up in Georgia, and it has been cooler there than it has been here the last week or so! BTW, I surely do hope that everything works out well for you. Hope you will find exactly the kind of property you're looking for.

I am going to have to do some simple workouts for the next few days. My DS and grandson are coming up on July 13 and will be with us until July 20. We are going to be pretty busy with them. I have lots to do in order to get ready for them.

Please stay well and cool. :cool:

Magnolia

Hi, Y'All.

Well, no workout today. Early this morning, I had a bout of upset stomach, then this morning I woke up with queasiness and a headache. Lots better now, but am waiting until tomorrow to get moving.

Stay well, everyone.

Magnolia

Magnolia I'm glad you're feeling better.

80 min on treadmill tonight. Still no weights.

Tomorrow is the program at princess camp. I wonder if I have an appropriate outfit?

We just finished having a noisy rain storm. We did need the water but the rivers are rising. Temperatures for the next week will be about 85. It's only 65 righ now.

Joan

HI all -

Magnolia How is your DS doing? I think of him often. Hope you feel better today.

Joan I think I missed something. What is princess camp? :)

I plan to do Bob's workout again today. I was really feeling it the day after last time soooo it's working!! :D

Jann Princess camp was a 3 day program for Elliot. They all dressed up in their princess/cinderella costumes. It is at a dance school. They learned 5 dances for the program today and had a craft project every day. Elliot loved it. Her mother's only problem was that Elliot didn't want to leave when the class was over. She's not sure she wants that fight after every lesson in the fall.

It really was a cute program. I took lots of pictures. They took me out to lunch. I only had a bowl of chili. That is my new fall back meal if everything else is too many calories.

I needed to post early today because the forums will be down later and into tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.

Joan

the forums will be down? for how long?

we have a had a very nice summer, unbelievably, but we deserve it after the brutal summer we had last year. it rained again today. everthing is so pretty and green, very rare for this time of summer down here. we have flowers, green grass, and fireflys, which we very rarely have. our pastures are so green, it is wonderful. the horses are fat, the cowns are fat. i am very grateful for all the rain we have had. makes a hugh difference in the summer down here. i hope it rains all summer.

had g/kids last nite and today, so no workout. gonna try and catch up tomorrow, but i have to do a very heavy weight workout, so not sure how much extra i am gonna be able to do.
ya'll have a great weekend. :)

Good morning, Y'All.

Well, I was better, then Wed. night, I got really sick. I think I had a virus. I had a little fever yesterday, my stomach was wrecked and I had a monstrous headache. I slept most of the day. I was able to eat some oatmeal this morning, so I think I'm gonna live now. Just no workout today so I can recover.

Jann, I think DS is doing as well as anyone can in the circumstances. He's been staying in their house part of the week and at Ft. Benning, GA (2 hours from where they live). Told me that he cannot live in the house without DIL. I totally understand. DS's father died when he was seven years old, so I have been down this road before. That's why I wanted him closer, even just for a week or so. DH has been a real father to him, so he is anxious to come.

Hope you all have a great day.

Magnolia

Jann Princess camp was a 3 day program for Elliot. They all dressed up in their princess/cinderella costumes. It is at a dance school. They learned 5 dances for the program today and had a craft project every day. Elliot loved it. Her mother's only problem was that Elliot didn't want to leave when the class was over. She's not sure she wants that fight after every lesson in the fall.

It really was a cute program. I took lots of pictures. They took me out to lunch. I only had a bowl of chili. That is my new fall back meal if everything else is too many calories.

I needed to post early today because the forums will be down later and into tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.

Joan
Joan you need to post some pics!! The camp sounds so cute!! :D
High fives on the chilli!! You are doing so well!!

Good morning, Y'All.

Jann, I think DS is doing as well as anyone can in the circumstances. He's been staying in their house part of the week and at Ft. Benning, GA (2 hours from where they live). Told me that he cannot live in the house without DIL. I totally understand. DS's father died when he was seven years old, so I have been down this road before. That's why I wanted him closer, even just for a week or so. DH has been a real father to him, so he is anxious to come.

Hope you all have a great day.

Magnolia
Omghosh -- hope you are doing better today Magnolia!
I can't image how hard it is. For any of you. I think of my own son and DIL. My heart aches for all of you. God Bless You!

Well, ladies I seem to back to exercising. I wasn't sure if I would ever feel like it again or not. Today I did 30/30 TWICE... :D I am sweating like crazy and it feels good. Hopefully this is just the beginning.

I think SNM said the boards will be down late Tuesday the 13th and into the 14th Kathy.

Have a good one ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.