50 and Over ~ ~ Fabulous Friday~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning All!

I took the day off so I have not worked out yet. Tomorrow is my assistant's wedding. I woke up today with a large bite or something on my eyelid.. it looks awful. We have been having some issues either with fleas or mosquitos in the house this last week. Specifically in the bedroom! This is the second time I have woken up with a bite on my face! Waiting for DH to go to work and then I will head down to the basement and do one of the I-Treads.. probably a 40 minute, and a core workout afterwards.

Today's menu:

Post workout: 1 scoop protein powder with 12 oz water/ice blended
B-1/2 cup cheerios w/ 1/3 c strawberries and 1/3 c FF milk
S-1/2 cup LF cottage cheese w/cantelope
L-Leftover Chinese Hunan Chicken & Rice, grapes, FF milk
S-apple and stringster
D- Open Chicken Souvalki(sp?)This is a large salad with grilled chicken, pita bread
S- WW choc bar or slim-a -bear bar

p.s ended up having a hamburger and baked beans for dinner last night.

Jen:
Hope your headache is better. Yeah, Wayne Newton is one of the few I recognized in the DWTS line up for this season. Who are these people? LOL x(

Garance:
Lots of links on Google if you put in "Dancing with the stars" I found one that even gave who their professional partners are going to be. It starts on 9/24 and goes for 3 nights in a row the first week! I hope that is not the way it will be all the time... that is too much TV for me, although I tape it and will probably watch it no matter what! Your info on the restrooms at the university was interesting... I knew this was more prevalent now but never thought of the public bathroom situation.

Linny:
Are you trying a Cardio and one body part rotation? This is really good to jump start your metabolism.. I agree that I would be nervous too if I heard about the pictures and the lawyer. You should advise your insurance company. What is an "Odwalla Bar"?

Josie: 2 total body workouts is pretty good, with all the running as well. How fast do you run? ( minutes per mile)

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Sood Morning Deb and those that follow:
Deb: I've actually been doing cardio and one body part for quite some time now. Maybe thats the problem, I need to shake things up. Try something different. I really like videos though,makes me feel like I'm in a workout class. Your menus look very good. I usually start out good then all h*ll breaks loose.Ex:yesterdays menu
Special k w/soymilk
2 blueberry pancakes(hubby likes bkft foods for lunch)
peanuts
1/2 spinach and ricotta calzone
Odwalla bar is a food bar, has lots of antioxidates and vitamins. They are yummy!
Make sure to use plenty of ice packs for your eye.
I'll try to check in later, but I'm going to the lake this afternoon.
I'll probably will not be posting till I come back which could be monday(earlier if weather doesn't behave).~Linny~

Happy Friday, All,

Today is my one day off. I work Sat., Sun., and Mon. It just fell that way - it's my turn to work the weekend and my turn to work the holiday. However, after working Sat-Wed, I get 4 days off, the weekend plus a day for working this coming Sunday and a comp day for working Labor Day. Woo-hoo! DH and I are going to a B&B - we haven't had a moment to ourselves in I don't know when (unless you count passed out on the couch at the end of the evening!)

My 2-year-old grandson had to get stitches yesterday, the poor baby. His mommy is going to work 2 days a week at her church for Mother's Day Out, which starts next week. Yesterday was Open House for the parents. Quin was in the nursery, which was open for kids of MDO workers. He slipped and fell against the edge of a wooden toy doll crib. He had to get 4 stitches just under his lip, then go to a dentist to have his teeth checked and have x-rays. I'm about to go to lunch with him, his mommy, and little brother. I can't wait to hug him.

Sure enough, I didn't work out yesterday. I felt crummy after giving blood, even though I couldn't give platelets, only whole blood. The blood bank people said my veins weren't big enough. They could remove blood, but when the machine tried to push the fluid back into my body after giving platelets, the vein would blow.

Today, I plan to do Rhythmic Step, at least until it drives me crazy. It's been a long time since I did this one all the way through. I have no trouble with the choreography on any other of Cathe's tapes, but this one stumps me.

Linny, I'm so sorry about your car woes. Dealing with insurance companies is a royal pain.

Deb, if you don't want to spray in your bedroom, try sprinkling boric acid powder around the baseboards.

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Hi Ladies,

Today is my day off. I will not be posting on the weekend, so here is my plan.

Saturday - 3 mile run
Sunday - 5 mile run + sand dunes (7)
Monday - Weight tranining whole body + spinning in the AM

Deb, I run at a 9-9:30 pace. I could run at about an 8:00 minute pace when I do my speed workouts or a 5K.

Have a great Labor Day Weekend!

Josie

Hi everyone--

This morning I did the Cardio Blast premix on Bodymax 2. That's 62 minutes of step. I do it on a 6-inch step and remove about 75 per cent of the impact. I was sweat soggy by the time it was over because it's so humid today.

I ordered some cute shoes yesterday from Zappos.com--platform heels in two shades of blue from the Indigo line of Clark's. Can't wait to see them today. Cannot beat that overnight service and no shipping charge from Zappos.

I'll have to google Dancing with the Stars.

I rented Hot Fuzz last night on cable. Very funny film.

The September Vogue mag arrived a couple days ago. It's so hefty you probably can get a weight workout just reading it. (Just kidding.)It'll take me the whole month to get through it, though, because I really like to study some of the images. The Tiffany ad on the back of More this month really bothers me. She looks like she's gazing at nothing--serene and empty.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone (except Jen, who will get hers later)!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.