50 and Over- *Tuesday*

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning all!

I did Muscle Max lower body only pre-mix this am.. was not feeling like working out at all.. actually slept until the alarm rang, then was still tired.. hope this is not a sign of something..somebody asked about the SS upper body.. there is a pre-mix called "Upper Body Blast" that is 59 minutes...

Linny: You really should buy the E-book.. I had it printed then put it in a 3 ring binder, but I left it on my computer for quick reference.

Kathy H: I think it's great that you are willing to help us along with the BFFM etc. I actually lost 2 more pounds so am now at 152! and yes I am 5"4".. You said that we could basically use the menu in Phase II for women ( around 1600) cal.. but you don't because you are shorter and weigh less? what cal intake do you do? do you stagger and how do you do that? Is it the baseline for 2 or 3 days then a low day or the opposite? what do you do with the oatmeal and egg whites? are you mixing the oatmeal with milk? sorry for all the questions! I really want to try this and think it would be great to have people to bounce ideas off of etc..As for the dogs, we have 2 wire fox terriers that are now retired from showing.. one (female)has her CDX in Obedience and her Novice title in Agility, the male has his CD in Obedience.. they are 11 and 10 ..so I don't push them anymore! they deserve to rest!

Melrose: sounds like you are going to be buying more workouts! Isn't this place great for helping us spend money!

Garance: High 5's to you for the weight loss! I know where you are with the slowness of it! I'm right there with you!

Rhonda: Does it feel funny holding those 2 pound weights? LOL! I hear they get real heavy all of a sudden doing Squeeze! Good luck at the weigh in tomorrow..

well off to get ready for work..have a good day!

Deb:)

continued..

Kathy: This is what I had yesterday according to Fitday where I log in my food:

1592 calories
Protein: 31%
Carb: 49%
Fat: 20%

This included 2 pieces of rasberry crumb cake which my DH was "so kind" enough to bring home from the office. x(

Deb

Good Morning Deb and those to follow:
Deb: I'm all for it just have to sit mdown and print it.(I hope I don't run out of ink)
Kathy: Thanks so much for all your input. I'll be purchasing ebook sometime this week.
Did LIC and back today. Gotta go busy day today~Linny~

You are evil enablers, one and all! Now, not only do I feel the need for more DVDs, I started poking around the Internet after seeing the Venuto discussion. I have a few questions:

Did you order it from his web site?

It's really not available in print anywhere, right? I don't mind spending the $40, but the thought of printing it out makes me weary.

But you all seem to think it's worth it, right?

Guess I'm just getting old (heh), but I know I would need a copy to hold in my wrinkled hands!

Did Step Max last night; I felt quite a sense of accomplishment after doing the whole thing. Tonight, Pilates for Dummies.

Hi everyone--

So happy to have found you ladies!

I did Gay Gasper's All Out Infused Step, which is about 47 minutes of stepping and very easy intervals that you can control in terms of impact, followed by an abs workout. I really like this DVD. I am using a 6 inch step again, after several months of 4 inch, due to knee pain, and so I really do work up a sweat.

I put on my size 6 Lucky Brand jeans this morning, and they fit!!! My 8s have been feeling baggy, so I thought it was worth a try, after several months of straining to get those buttons buttoned and throwing them back into the closet. When my husband saw me in them, he said I looked like a teenybopper, so I'm feeling pretty good today.

Tomorrow I will do either Gym Style Chest and Triceps or Gym Style Back, Shoulders, Biceps.

I'm sticking with my South Beach diet. It really seems to be working, and I am never hungry. The easy cookbook and the new summer cookbook are also terrific--uncomplicated and delish.

Last night my husband brought in all of this tender young romaine lettuce from our garden, so I made Julia's version of Caesar salad (from epicurious.com). It was pure heaven. Also made pork chops and sweet potatoes. The pork chops were from Silver Palate, and I had never tried them before--a sauce of black currant jam, Dijon mustard, and white wine vinegar. Really superb, and I will definitely do again, maybe for guests they were so good. The thing is, I bought this black currant jam when I saw it in the supermarket, but only because I vaguely remembered being frustrated about not finding it there ages ago. So then I just stared at it every time I opened the pantry, wondering, "What was I planning to do with this?" So I'm paging through all my cookbooks, and Silver Palate falls on my head, and opens to this recipe. If this hadn't happened, I would still be staring at that black currant jam every time I opened the pantry.

The pork is really special, too, because it comes from pigs my husband raises. It has so much more flavor than what people buy in the supermarket.

Well--back to my research on Ted Hughes.

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Busy day today.

Deb: 1592 is close enough to 1600. Way to go! Excellent! My TDEE is different than yours + decreasing mine by 500 cals only comes out to 1531 roughly. I don't do exact measurements w/food. I just go according to the containers that I place the food in. However, you'll need to measure everything as this is the 1st time your doing it. High carb days (for me) are on Wed & Sat. You can do either Phase I or II. Its Phase III that's extremely difficult to do b/c your eliminating ALL starchy carbs. Believe me I'm starving on those days. I'll only do that for one day if the night before I ate poorly. Examples would be:

High Carb:

Meal 1: oatmeal (made w/water) + 4 eggwhites
Meal 2: oatmeal + 4 egg whites + 1 whole egg
Meal 3: steak/asparagus/brown rice/fruit
Meal 4: chicken/yam/broccoli w/1 Tbsp flaxseed oil
Meal 5: fish/salad
Meal 6: protein shake (I take this only when I lift heavy)

Low Carb:

Meal 1: oatmeal w/protein powder or cereal w/strawberries
Meal 2: oatmeal + 4 egg whites
Meal 3: steak/brown rice/asparagus
Meal 4: chicken/broccoli w/1 Tbsp flaxseed oil
Meal 5: protein shake or fish/salad

I used to have a little wire haired fox terrier Foxy Lady. She was very cute but also hyper. Used to have a Rottweiler too for 10 years. My 1st baby. Now I have 2 cats.:p

Linny: You can easily download the ebook to a CD. I didn't just read mine off of the computer.

Last night I did Tracey Staehle's Cardio Sweatfest (LOVE this one addicted to it) premix 35 min. & then I did Eoin Finn's Power Yoga 4 Happiness Quickie 30 min. I needed to do yoga badly. Muscles are all nice & loose now.

Tonight I'll be doing Squeeze Full Body, Power & Custom + BM2 abs + Amy Bento's HLX a short version. See if there's a premix for under 45 min. I hope!

Deb: It was me who asked re SS premix. Thank you so much for letting me know about SS upper body premix. I didn't realize there was a 59" w/out. I'll do this one tomorrow night.}(

Garance: I've only eaten pork from the supermarket.:-( The black currant jam mixed w/the other ingreds sound DELISH! Care to share the recipe?

Melrose: Are you the one who does Gay Gasper? I only have one step w/out from her & loved it. I should look into buying her new one. I'm starting to get excited for all these presales coming up. Cathe's, Tracey's, Amy's & the P90X 2 add-ons. Does anyone know when P90X add-ons will be released?

Have a great day! TTYS, Kathy:D

Hi, Kathy!

The recipe is super-easy. It calls for very thick chops, but if they are unavailable, just adjust the cooking time.

Mix 1/2 cup black currant jam with 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard.

1. Brown six chops on both sides in a non-stick frying pan just large enough to hold them. Salt and pepper both sides.

2. After browning, pour the jam/mustard blend on top, reduce heat, and cover. Suggesting cooking time for 1 1/2-2 inch chops is 20 minutes (My husband thinks suggested cooking times for pork are always too much, and I agree, because it leads to dried out pork. So I usually test the internal temp and stop cooking a bit early and let them stand, and they continue cooking while covered).

3. Remove chops and put on platter. Scrape most of the jam/mustard blend back into the pan and pour 2/3 cup white wine vinegar into pan. Simmer until reduced by one-third. Cover chops and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve. When ready to serve, simply pour some of the sauce over each chop.

Kathy, it's Garance who mentioned Gay Gasper, but she may have enabled me into buying a DVD or 2 from her!

Hello everybody! As usual I am the last to post.

Finally may be off the weight plateau. Have now reached 11 pounds of weight loss. Eating a little bit more paid off. Hopefully I am off the plateau. Now at 144 pounds (5'4") with nine more to go. :)

Did Slow and Heavy triceps, biceps, and abs. It takes so much focus. x( Tomorrow I will do something fun and aerobic. Have not figured out what yet.

I am so glad to have a support group to help with weight loss and maintain physical fitness.

Regards,

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.