40's Week of Oct 2

Faithnveggies

Cathlete
We start new thread on Sun, yes?

I will jump in- I completed MIS from start to finish. Unusual for me since I usually split up body parts. I skipped dance, I want to get caught up for work and school this week.

It was a chilly 78 or so outside this morning...I had patio doors open for a while which eventually lead to pulling weeds, so it looks much nicer now. I just have a border inside a fenced patio, but grass had grown in there. Maybe next spring I will add some plants, but for now, dirt w/o weeds is good enough!

Good Evening,

I posted on the old thread so I will post on this thread too. DD and I went for a 4 mile walk this afternoon and I need to do a stretch but the dizziness has been horrible the last 2 days.

Jody-we love it when its 78 degrees our mornings have been starting in the 40's its suppose to hit 90 again this week.

Hi girls! Today did a TJ, found it at half price books, it was ok, something different. You two are funny, 78? 40's and raining here, all weekend! The chill just goes through you. Kind of a quiet weekend here, just errands and cleaning. Hi to all that follow, have a good night! Mary

Yesterday was STS disc 12 legs, done with meso1 now. today Athletic step. Sorry so short of a post and lack of personals..... :(

Morning! Today did PS back and bi's, then did 3 miles on the TM. I have some energy today! Lisa, how was skeet shooting? Roxie, Jody, you still warm? More of the same here, would like to have stayed in bed longer this morning. Ronne, is the computer working? Murphy, what are you up to? Well, have to get in the shower, have to get to work! Mary

Hi all

I'm back. Computer came back Friday. All sorted out and everything saved which was a huge relief. Just got to put all my settings on - it's strange, like moving into an empty house and having to repaint it!

No workouts for me this weekend as I was on my own with DD all weekend. Busy! Had to give up on the push-up challenge for now as well, something went twang in my chest on Friday! Tried again today but still didn't feel good so I'm not doing any chest work for a while. Did BM2 bootcamp premix today (well my version of it anyway!). Am going to follow, sort of, the October rotation.

Lisa - well done on the hike and completing Meso 1 again. My DH is quite fit but useless at walking up hill - I'm always way ahead of him.

Mary - what's a TJ?

Hi to Roxie, Jody and Murphy!

Good Afternoon,

Busy at work been up and down the stairs 10 times and still need to make quite a few trips. DD and I are going for a walk tonite and then I need to do some abs haven't really decided what I am doing this month.

Mary-its 77 degrees right now I think its suppose to be in the upper 90's.

Ronne-glad your computer is up and running and that you could save stuff.

Lisa-good job with your workouts.

Good Evening,

DD and I went for a 4 mile walk tonite at a 3.5mph pace the temp 86 at 7pm. I wanted to stop after the first 2 miles because my shins hurt but she wouldn't let me I called her and evil bitch.

Hi everyone

Roxie - that made me laugh! I'm always swearing at Cathe rather than a live person!

Well, today my mouse has packed up (do you think someone's trying to tell me something? Like buy a new computer?). Anyway I'm borrowing DH's till I can get out and buy one later in the week. Did PS BBA (snap Mary!).
Weather returning to normal - it's been bliss!
Got to chase some work, it's unbelievably quiet - if it doesn't pick up soon, I'll run out of money :(.

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is KCM's Circuit Blast and extra abs. No walk today her back hurt she needs a new pillow and to flip her mattress.

Ronne-hope your mouse problems get fixed sounds like you need a new computer. Good job with your workout.

Good morning everyone, today I only did ME UB (plus abs) premix I made in the workout blender. So an easy day. Remember when we talked about feeling like the worst mom ever? Well, I took that award now. Got into a disagreement with DS19 after skeet shooting (he does not talk to me with respect and I do not allow my kids to talk to me like that). Long story short (after everyone calmed down), DS19 says he's depressed and has had thoughts of suicide. Needless to say I was so shocked that I couldn't think clearly. Yesterday, I researched about teen suicide and I can't believe I missed all the signs--but then I guess I didn't know the signs because teens present differently than adults (I experienced depression after my parents deaths 9 yrs ago so know how it feels). He says he's been feeling this way for 5 yrs (I've seen his disrespect for me in the last year---thought it was just him being independent). So, I'm trying to figure out how best to help him without pushing him away.

Again, pardon my lack of personals.

Lisa-sorry you are going through that have you suggested he see a dr or a therapist to help him, that would be the best course?

Thanks Roxie, yes, I want to get him in to see our dr that we love and that really helped me. DH wants to wait to make an appt until we can talk to DS19 this weekend to clear it with him rather than pushing it down his throat. If I relay my experience and how much I was helped by the dr I'm hopeful he will realize there is no reason to feel miserable and no shame in asking for help. It broke me up this weekend as tears streamed down DS19's face and yet I was too shocked (and emotional from the fight) to think clearly and DS22 was about the only one who could think and speak clearly(guess DS22 had a friend who felt the same way so has some exposure to teen depression).

Thanks Roxie, yes, I want to get him in to see our dr that we love and that really helped me. DH wants to wait to make an appt until we can talk to DS19 this weekend to clear it with him rather than pushing it down his throat. If I relay my experience and how much I was helped by the dr I'm hopeful he will realize there is no reason to feel miserable and no shame in asking for help. It broke me up this weekend as tears streamed down DS19's face and yet I was too shocked (and emotional from the fight) to think clearly and DS22 was about the only one who could think and speak clearly(guess DS22 had a friend who felt the same way so has some exposure to teen depression).

Lisa-its good that he has an older brother to help, I also agree that it should be a decision that all of you make together he will feel better about that.

Lisa, I'm sorry about your son. Thank goodness he was able to talk to you. I will keep you all in my prayers. Depression is overwhelming. Roxie, I think bad thoughts about Cathe all the time! It is nice to have someone to push you. Ronne, I do like PS! I'm mad at myself for waiting so long to get it! Jody, where are you? Murphy? I have to get my workout in. Also,have to take DD back to salon that blew her hair straight the other day. She has washed it 3 times since and all her curl is gone?! Just wavy now, not quite sure what products they used? Well, DS is home, better get busy! Mary

Hi Lisa, hugs and prayers for you and son. I am also glad he was finally able to talk to you. Are you doing OK?
You are already done with STS 1? now what? I am still working on 1rm.

Mary, I order PS and bodyblast series w/ coupon the other night (also some bare escentuals lip gloss from QVC, note to self, do not drink wine and watch QVC). does you dtr want straight hair or does she want her curls? Did I mention that I tried Wen? Its like I have a new head of hair. I wish I could show you before and after pics, my hair got matted after a shower...I could skip the shampoo, slather it with gobs of conditioner and still not be able to do a wet comb out.

Ronne, my family only uses laptops now. Are you going to get a new computer? I hope work picks up for you.

Roxie, your shins hurt from the walk? B/c of the fast pace? I would have thought your dtr would be the one calling you names.

This morn i did 25 variety pushups, abs GS Back ---didn't get to Bi and Sh
This eve I did 4 mile Run with last 10 min interval style, walking lunges, squats, plie squats, static lunges. 25 more pushups, mostly just knees.

Last edited:
I am using the pilates dvd that i found. I is okay. I still feel like a slacker. I am also getting soft. Was it Ronne that mentioned the push-up challenge? That made me think, "why aren't I doing that?" I am not doing much else so may give that a try. I reminded DH to get the basement back together. The computer is still in the dining room.

Lisa - sorry to hear about DS. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Hi to everyone.

Murphy

Hello everyone

Lisa - so sorry to hear about youngest DS. Hope you all get through this and it's great that your older DS is there to help as well. Come and chat whenever you need to - we're all here to listen.

Jody - What is this Wen stuff? I saw a thread about it though haven't looked at it. I think my computer should be alright for a while now - I could do with a new screen as well but with lack of work I really need to rein it in a bit.

Murphy - yes, I did 3 weeks of the push-up challenge. You should be able to do that for a bit to keep you going. I've given up as I got a bit of an injury but I will go back to it sometime.

Roxie - I really like Circuit Burn - I think it's my favourite KCM.

Mary - well at least you got PS cheap, so it was worth waiting!

Did BC today. I still like that one. It pushes me but is achievable. I should really have taken a rest cos I've got a stinking cold but I know I won't complete this rotation so want to get the workouts in when I can! I'm sure you all understand ;).

Good Morning,

I am sore all over from last nights workout ecspecially in the core area. Tonite DD and I are going for a walk and then I want to do KCMs KBXing.

Jody-I wanted to slow down the second time around but she wouldn't let me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.