40s - week of 11/27/11

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi everyone! I didn't do so well in my w/o today, started Cardio super sets, got 10 min in and decided i didn't want to do it, then slide-n-glide, 10 min, then stopped, my stomach was upset from chili and habenaro peppers last night and I thought I'd upchuck if I did the floor work in slide and glide, so I ended up then walking 2 miles on the TM while I finished my book (killed 2 birds with one stone).

Ronne, I have a problem with the covers coming off my discs too (I'm on the pads), so I gave up and just go over to the carpeted area and don't use the covers. How are the covers working for you?

We have a cold front and flurries moving in Thursday when I fly out, hmmm, maybe I'll be timing the trip to warmer weather right when it gets cold here again (last couple of days it's been 40).

Good Evening,

I haven't worked out today DH decided we needed to drive around the countryside for what reason I don't know. I will do Yoga Relax later while he watches football. I can't remember which of you liked Moscato wine there is another wine called Roscato that is a red version of the other that is just as good if you would like names of some brands let me know.

Lisa-hope your stomach calmnes down.

Hi girls! Today did YM, still trying to do yoga once per week. Just SO many downward dogs, thought I was going to get stuck in that position! Lisa, habanero peepers? No wonder your stomach is upset! Those apps are Patrick Goudeau and FitnessClass. You get to leave soon! Roxie, you got to go on a Sunday drive! My parents use to make me do that when I was little. Ronne, how did you like CSS? I think it is harder that AB, they are similar. Moon rock bowling is with black lights and music videos, the kids love it. I did bowl my highest game ever! 125! I'm not the best bowler around! Murphy, how are you feeling? Jody, how was your weekend? Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday evening, the kids and I are going to watch Once Upon a Time, I really enjoy it, talk to you tomorrow, Mary

Mary I really like Once upon a Time! You sound like the kind of bowler I am :)

Roxie, I used to have to go for Sunday drives as a kid. TO this day I dislike car rides and don't travel well in them, doesn't help that I get motion sickness really bad too. My youngest inherited my motion sickness, poor thing. I'm waiting for the Broncos game to end (in OT) so I can get the TV back and watch some of my shows!

Hey, I wanted to post my workouts for yesterday and today. Yesterday I did about 30 min of LICh and today I did Step and Intervals and then the 10 min cardio blast from LICh. I want to know what the premixes consist of for that DVD. Anyone have that info?

Lisa, I don't live in Tampa area anymore, I'm in Palm Beach County now. I've lived in Daytona area, is that where your sister is?

I love to bowl, but I am happy if I can break 100. I always picture Fred Flintstone when I bowl. He had such style. : )

Have a great Monday, all. Maybe I will have another workout to post tomorrow morn.

Hi everyone

Lisa - the covers only seem to come off in mountain climbers for some reason. Did it in AB and in CSS yesterday (I said a very naughty word, luckily DD was upstairs at the time!!). I'm going to persist with them as I don't really want to work out on our living room carpet. I think I just need to refine my technique.
Sounds like you've timed your Miami trip perfectly, lucky you!

Roxie - that's so sweet - a Sunday afternoon drive!

Jody - well done on getting the workouts in. How are you liking the new series so far?

Mary - Bowling sounds like fun. I think I'm on a similar level to you!! I'm lucky if I beat my DD's score! You were right about CSS as well.

Yesterday, we had a sorting out day. Clearing the loft and garden and taking stuff to the tip. Did CSS. I'd previewed it and thought it didn't look too bad - big mistake!! It's one of those that creeps up on you. I started out thinking it wasn't too bad and was begging for mercy by the end!! I've got LISLIC today. It'll be interesting to see how I get on with the choreo.

Hi all. My internet will be out for a few days, switching companies, so I won't be checking in as much as I would like. I did all of Turbo Barre Sunday- I am a bit sore. Cathe must have taken pain killers before she did that one b/c she just goes on and on and on. ???? Today is yoga, trying to stretch out the muscles. Is it me or does this series hit the muscles differently - or hit the smaller muscles, the ones we don't use as often (or are as aware of), more than the larger muscles? I feel the soreness deeper than usual - not worse, just deeper.

Hi to everyone.

Lisa - I hope you feel better.

Murphy

Morning! Today I did KCM SS, the leg part, pretty challenging! If I have time later I will try the upper body section. Everyone is gone! I need to clean, I haven't done a thorough cleaning since before the holiday and everyone has been home! Murphy, I have never done all of TB, usually just the leg premix. Hope you get back and running soon. Ronne, I haven't done LICH as is yet! Roxie, how are you feeling? Jody, good job on the workouts! Lisa, 3 more days!! Have a good day! Mary

I did JL R&C, boy do I feel weak. I think I need a rest week :)

I feel like I"m losing it, what is LICH?

Ronne, yes, it was mountain climbers my covers came off (I know my form is probably terrible), and then I just ditched them, never trying any of the other exercises with them. I like how they do glide over carpet with no covers.

Mary, I'm so ready to go! I'm tired today, was up waaaaay too early, when I have to get up early Thursday to catch my flight that will probably be the morning I'm snoozing well (I'll have to get up around 3:30am)

Hi Murphy, Roxie, Jody!

Good Morning,

Trying to catch up 4 days worth of work. This week I am going to play catch up with my workouts from last week suppose to be a rest week. Tonite is Low Impact Step Challenge premix 4.

Does anyone have a list of what the premixes consist of in this series? Specifically Low Impact Challege?

Intensity Low Hiit/Bootcamp premix completed.

Greetings to all, check back later.

Last edited:
Hi all

Lisa - LICH is Low Impact Challenge (the new step one). Take it easy - you donb't want to get ill before your trip!

Jody - I think the first 4 or 5 premixes are ones that just do one segment of the choreo - then there's another one that combines the whole thing with the bonus step work from CSS and the last one repeats the blast twice (and misses some of the sequences). Not very accurate but might give you an idea!

Murphy - I'm really liking this series so far. I think it does work you in a different way. Haven't done TB yet - I think that's over the weekend.

Mary - that SS leg workout is tough. You think you're finished and then she adds on those extra exercises at the end. I have to psych myself up for that one. The UB isn't as hard.

I did the trisets LB today. It really got my heartrate up. I liked the fact that it wasn't the usual squats and lunges and didn't use loads of weights. It might become my preferred lower body workout.
Work is really quiet again so I'm catching up on housework and TV!

Morning! Did 5 miles on the TM, hills and intervals. I did the upper body of SS last evening, I enjoyed that one too! Ronne, I like the leg work out , it goes quickly. Those ball roll outs get me every time! Jody, I have only done premix 5 on LICH, it is the simplest one! Roxie, it is worth it to have those 4 days off tho! Lisa, how excited are you getting? Will you stay at your sister's? Is she near a beach? Is the weather warm there now? I need to get to the store, I forgot to buy the kids lunch stuff! Their lunches have looked a little pitiful so far! Leftover ham from Thanksgiving! Have a good day! Mary

I did KPC today. was up early again! 3am! grrrr. So I was long on time and low on energy so I thought KPC would be good. I sure was clock watching by the time the 2nd kicking /punching combo came on.

Mary, ubber ready for a break! I'll be staying with my sis and she is like a couple miles from the beach. Will be riding bikes and walking on the beach. She mentioned horseback riding but me and horses just don't get along :)

Ronne, thanks for the explaination on the names for the new series. I'm trying to stay well before the trip. I may be flying out in snow and wind (hoping it doesn't delay the flight). I still need to do the LB trisets (maybe when I get back).

Roxie, good job on LICH! I really do like that one.

Jody, how are you liking the workouts?

Better get back to work, hope I don't fall asleep at my desk!

Lisa, if you end up driving past Palm Beach be sure to wave when you come by! (I'm really close to 95, I might even see you : P ) 3 AM two mornings in a row? Ugh.

I haven't done too much of new series yet, just a portion of LICh. By the way, someone answered my premix question on other forum along w/ link to lots of info on what are in the premixes of LIS series. I just Have To Know these things, it helps my shopper researcher chooser inner being feel happy.

I am feeling great right now, out of work early, house quiet cuz everyone asleep or upstairs and I've had a nice morning and hope to get some stuff done this aft before running around. ttyl

Good Morning,

Stressful day here at work. This is the only day last week I worked out so I don't have to make that one up so I will probably just walk on the treadmill and then do some abs.

Jody, can you share that link? It drives me crazy too not know what's in a premix (but I've learned to let it go). :) I'll be sure to wave :)

I have to share....I just FINALLY got a compliment on my hair here at work! I work in such a male dominated field (and the females aren't very friendly either.....think lots of foreigners) so no one really said anything until I ran into this nice lady in the restroom and she told me how cute my hair was looking! I'm getting better at what products to use and how to style (plus growing a bit). Yea, that made my day! So often I feel like why did I waste my time styling my hair when everyone in this place is so unfriendly.

I did AB today, last workout for a while now!

Jody, chill? Oh man, I'm almost getting out of CO just in time, I won't miss the snow (3 - 5" by morning), hoping that doesn't increase and my flight isn't delayed too long. I hate waiting for the deicing. Then we go down to bitter cold, like single digits at night, 20 for high. Thanks for the link! Mary must go to a special school :) as DS19 doesn't get out until mid Dec.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.