40's week of 10/30/11

Murphy

Cathlete
:rolleyes:

I started to write "scary 40's" but then I thought some might take it the wrong way. :)

I did AfterBurn this morning - well, I did most of it this morning. I had to fast forward through parts of it, where does she get her energy? Anyway, I am really liking this series.

Lisa - Thanks for sending the snow this way. We got some snow and slush yesterday, but they say it should be gone by tomorrow night for trick or treating.

Have a great week everyone.

Murphy

Good Morning,

Its cold here this morning 45 degrees but the sun is shining. Today I will do Yoga Relax and some abs. I might go for a walk later.

Murphy-you would have been right using scary 40's.

Hi girls! Did yogaMax today. I don't think it will make me a yoga fan, I thought I needed a good stretch tho. And it did that. I had trouble with some of the balance portions, guess it is a time thing. Murphy, I like that workout! Tomorrow I am going to try Trisets. Lisa, I had never really tried barre workouts before. I had trouble with my standing leg wearing out before the one that was flopping around did. They aren't my favorites, but maybe mixing things up will improve the way I look? I don't know if that makes any sense! Well, I am going to mow today. I'm sorry for all of you that got the snow! Roxie, let me know about yoga relax, maybe there aren't as many balance poses? Jody, what are you up to this weekend? Ronne, welcome home! Hope you had fun! Murphy, scary 40's would have been fantastic! Sometimes I am really scary! Have a good Sunday! Mary

I am cleaning and previewing new vids while I do stuff. It is nice blustery day, I'm about to head out for a walk or something. Ha ha, Scary 40's true in too many ways.
Mostly doing HW this weekend. I will be ok w/ this Stats class, but I am no longer enamored of being a student. I have to get on top of scheduling my kids to take SATs ACTs etc. One has BD next week. Pouring rain yesterday, left lights on in van so I have a dead battery in one of my clunkers, I need to jump it with the other clunker. : )
Oh and I better do laundry. I try to get dressed and all the choices left in the draw are huge granny panties and thongs. I'm not liking either one of those right now.

Do you guys like Turbo Barre? I think it is one that would round out my fitness regime, but since I don't currently have a fitness regime, it might not get to it first. Cathe did post some good rotations for beginners using this series.

Have a great Sunday, yall. Hugs

Last edited:
Wow things are hopping around here for a Sunday! I did Cardio Supersets w/ step premix, then added in the Turbo Bar abs since it froze on me yesterday (today it froze at end of stretch). It was a good workout, not crazy like afterburn, but still those darn mountain climbers with discs. I really get out of breath on those discs exercises that are on the ground.

Roxie, I don't see anything on my dvd. I have ubber problems with my dvds from the prior series. Since I have the downloads, I'll suck it up and burn me some DVDs from those. I think this may be a reason for me to start doing the downloads. Remind me next presale. Still not happy with Cust Serv.

Mary, you sound like me with the bar work. My standing leg...OUCH, and my other leg maybe doesn't FLOP (that was funny), but it just hangs there not able to take the burn since my standing leg is burning already (worse on second side). The ab work in turbo bar was good (but hard on hip flexors---those seem to be a weak part for me). I can't hold poses on yoga either (thinking of not even wasting my time on them), I think it's because I'm not flexible at all.

Murphy, I was thinking SORE 40's. I'm not so sore now (turbo bar did not make me sore, probably because I give up before the set is over because of my burning standing leg and my sagging lifting leg). It's funny seeing Cathe out of breath, and I yelled at her more with afterburn than normal (DH even heard me).

Jody, Seems the weekends fly by, one kid over friday night other one yesterday, before you know it monday is here. Next weekend we fall back so any extra hour in the weekend, woo hoo!

Ronne, how was your trip?

Gotta run, DH and I are going out for a nice lunch at bennihana, love their lunch boat special and I think I'm popping for a glass of yummy plum wine.

Good Evening,

I just finished Yoga Relax I can do up to the floorwork because of the dizziness but it was a good workout. There are 2 balance poses that were a challenge.

Jody-I know she is going to post 3 rotations for Nov. 1 using the whole series, 1 with some of her other workouts and 1 for those that didn't get the new series.

Hi everyone

Back again from not so foreign parts. Had a really great week - did Walk Max a lot! Managed 4 good walks with DD and not a moan from her! Weather was pretty good and the countryside was stunning. I'm attaching some pics. Had nice quiet evenings reading, playing games, etc.

Sounds like you're all getting to grips with the new DVDs (well apart from you Jody and you've got a very good excuse ;)). Probably be a week or so before they land here and then I'll have to get myself some discs as us overseas customers don't get them! :mad:

It sounds like Yoga isn't much of a favourite so far - you're all energy addicts :eek:!

Murphy - sounds like you're up and running with your workouts again.

Jody - what are you studying? Are you doing a professional qualification? Sorry, if you've said this before!

Lisa - are you saying that Cathe gets out of breath in this new series?! Now I am really scared. What did you have for lunch?

Mary - I know what you mean about flopping legs!! I did KM premix today with the leg drills and my leg was all over the place!

Roxie - so you're keeping up with the walking still?

Right, back to work!

Attachments

• Picture 044.jpg
    Picture 044.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Picture 063.jpg
    Picture 063.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Picture 091.jpg
    Picture 091.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 3
Morning! Ronne, welcome back! Your pictures are beautiful! Do you have any more vacations planned? Today I did the Trisets UB, I liked it. It was really different from her normal weight workouts. I am sore from the yoga yesterday! My whole torso. Guess I better incorporate that more often! Lisa, sleeping in sounds amazing! Murphy, what are your kids going to be for Halloween? The twins are going as turkey twins? They looked funny walking to the bus stop! Little one is an army man. Roxie, how are you? Jody, I did like TB, it's just different for what I am used to. Happy Halloween everyone! Mary

Good Morning,

Boss lady and I went on a walk this morning since DD wasn't availabe and it was 38 degrees a little chilly. Tonite will be Afterburn Express workout #1 and some ab work. Last night we had to move youngest DD home because she broke up with BF that she dated 1 1/2 years. Forgot to mention I have lost 2 more lbs.

Ronne-beautiful pictures.

Mary-twins sound cute.

Roxie, how are you losing this weight? I'm stuck again (and figured I would be)

Ronne, I haven't looked at your pics yet, will look when I get home. We had the lunch boat at Benihana (salmon, tempura, sushi, california roll, edamane, rice, soup, salad). good thing because DH needed his energy as we went home and cut down a maple tree (the snow storm broke off all the branches on one side, there was no recovering it). It was funny, a neighbor was using a chainsaw trying to cut a branch and DH had a hand saw, we got it mostly down, had a bit hung on, so DH was sawing with an 8" blade, neighbor still couldn't get his branch cut off, but DH got the tree cut down even though he resorted to running at it and using brute force to release it the rest of the way from the trunk. then went to check DH's BP (it's been high), it was low! I told him he must have taken his frustrations out on the tree! :) Sometime this week (maybe after the next big snow on Wed) he will have to cut the tree up into pieces to dispose of. good workout for him!

Mary, turkey twins? how cute! who thought of that?

Lisa-I am not exactly sure what I am doing, just alot more walking and chaning my workouts to more circuit, boxing, intervals and HiiT like Jessica Biel does, but still need to work on the abs.

Hi all, rest day for me -afterburn really kicked my butt. I am going to go for the rotation, I plan to stick this one out.

Mary - the little one was Spidergirl (Spiderman's daughter) and the other one was a cat for Halloween. They did pretty good on the trick or treating and we got rid of almost all of the open candy. I am going to try to return the unopened stuff.

Roxie - congrat's on the weight loss.

Murphy

I woke up late this morning and so did a premix on the Cardio Supersets. As usual, I was getting into it and then it cut to the stretch, it was a quick 1/2 hour; I was bummed. I never thought I would say, "I wish I had time to do more" - and mean it. :) Have a great day all.

Mary - I love the turkey costume idea, I kept thinking about them waddling around.

Murphy

Lisa, I was lol at sleep relax.

Murphy, I want to check out cardio supersets now. (geez, like I don't have enough dvds)

Mary, my girls went out w/ their twin besties and the twin bestie's toddler twins. The babies were Mickey and Minnie.

Roxie, after I checked out the VF thread I decided to look at my dvds. I did find some smudge on the Turbo Barre but I cleaned it before previewing and it was fine. I haven't finished looking at them all yet. You go girl - on your wt loss.

Ronne, your trip sounds like it was fun, I bet it was nice to walk w/ dd.

2 ish mile run this morn. Maybe some wts later. Have a great one all.

Good Morning,

I didn't feel like working out last night helped DD get her room set up only to find out this morning that she is moving back in with him today (kids are such a pain). This morning boss and I went for a walk DD is in California for the week on company business and tonite I am doing the LIS rotation for November so I will do Afterburn to catch up and some abs.

Jody-glad you checked out your dvd.

Lisa-my brother says he is expecting 6-8 inches of snow today what are your predictions?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.