40s Spring into action 19/04

Ronne

Cathlete
Hi everyone!

I'm back and very refreshed! DD went back to school today and I'm back at my desk. Really enjoyed the break, did lots of nice stuff, had some decent weather, saw friends and family and just generally had a good time. Managed to fit in a few workouts here and there but am also feeling the benefit of having a break.

Today I did 4DS HIS which I haven't done for ages and thoroughly enjoyed. I really gave it my all and could feel the difference from the Hiit. Followed that up with the LIS abs.

So, what's been happening folks? :)

Hey Ronne, we missed you! Are you covered in volcanic dust? Today was another tri-set for legs, does anyone else have trouble with the 1 legged sit and stands? I always have to keep the toe of my other leg on the ground! Yesterday, I tried a little yoga, didn't care for it at all, maybe b/c I was terrible at it! So then I did a Leslie walk! Kathryn, how is Insanity going? Fell asleep before I turned the TV off last night, woke up at 4 to Shaun jumping around! Lisa, Murphy, how are you? Hope everyone is well, talk to you later. Mary

Hey everyone! My workouts were: Sat - Disc 26 Plyo legs....this seemed easier, maybe all the STS cardio workouts helped boost my endurance? Sunday...Kick Max...today STS meso 3 bi/tri/shoulder. I plan on running 3 miles later too. I need to lose some weight! Looks like the winter and the stress (yea, I hit the chocolate too hard) added up!

Kathryn, my DH is the same way, he hardly works out and what he does is by me insisting. He's happy buying a bigger size too (he's in 36 now too). He was shocked I had gained 10 lbs over the winter...he said "but you workout so much"...OMG, they would never make it as a woman, would they? It's so unfair we can't eat as much and have to workout twice as hard. Even my DS says at dinner time "is that all you are going to eat?".

Ronne, welcome back! Glad you had a nice time off and are rejuvenated!

Mary, gotta love (or is it hate) those tri-set legs? <insert evil witch laugh>
I don't like yoga either and I think it's because I'm awful at it and not limber at all, even as a kid I TRIED to get more flexible but couldn't. Guess I'm not a ballerina. :) I do the 1 legged sit and stands on the high step with like 7 risers, makes it easier to get up....is that cheating?

I better get to work, I have a feeling I may get slammed with work later, ugh. So for now better get a call into the travel agent, I think I've FINALLY figured out what cruise I want to book and I found it at a good price so better get it locked in.

Ronne, you're back! We were afraid you'd been unable to get home because of the volcano! Welcome back.

I did Powerstrike 5 this morning. I was just too tired to do much more than that. DH and I did one of the Insanity workouts (I can never remember the names) on Saturday, and MuscleMax yesterday. Oh, and then we played golf with the kids (always an adventure). I am soooo sore today! I haven't played golf since December, and I'm sore in all of those odd places that golf hits you (left forearm, sides, etc.)

DH was too sore all over to work out this morning. I was surprised that he was willing to try Insanity, but he seemed to like it... although I don't know if "like" is the right word! Mary, how can you sleep with the TV on? I need to room dark and I have a fan (for the noise). I'm not surprised that Shaun woke you up, though. Boy, does he yell!

I'm having the worst time getting motivated to work today. :( I'd say I'm having a mid-life crisis, except I'm too young for it! :D

Have a great day, everybody!

P.S.

Hi, Lisa! You and I were writing at the same time, but you posted first!

That's funny about your DH! I was griping about having gained weight and he mistakenly added ten pounds to the number I'd told him the day before! :eek: I know I've gained, but he made it 16 pounds instead of 6! Men! They really would make horrible women, so they shouldn't even try.

Oh, and don't you hate the way they try to fix things when you complain about something? I don't want a solution; I want a shoulder to cry on! Women know this -- we don't try to solve each others' problems unless asked. And then they expect you to follow their unwanted advice, and are genuinely confused if you don't!

That's why I love stopping by here to chat with you girls. Nobody has suggested that I give up chocolate or red wine or cheese, even though that would probably do the trick! We just commiserate and feel better.

So, it's back to work, trying to get motivated to edit a couple of hundred pages of DH's writing... and now you know why I'm procrastinating.

I love sleeping with the TV on (DH can't sleep with it on, guess who wins....not me!). When he is out of town it stays on most of the night, it helps me to block out the chatter from my brain if I should wake up at 2am and it decides to think about something!

I think DH has learned not to offer solutions (although sometimes he still does....guess it makes him feel better), the thing he is really bothered with is me crying (yes, I'm still crying over my Maddy). For me it's better to let it out, I can't keep it in(wish I could), whereas he always keeps things in, I don't know how he does it, but then we did have a heart to heart and he admitted to crying in private over our dear lost Maddy. I think it bothers him to see me cry because he knows he can't fix it. One funny thing, he has really tuned into my moods and can normally tell me when my period will come before I do! In fact we think the lastest round of crying is compounded by that darn PMS.

Kathryn, I can't blame you for postponing THAT work, ugh. Thankfully, things didn't get busy here......oh, how will I spend my time when I'm at work next week sitting side by side everyone else? I'm going to have to get good at looking busy :)

I forgot to tell yall that I downloaded all the STS Cardio downloads...they went fast. I now have them soft copy should I need it.

I did the last Tracie Long today, of her most recent series. I am thinking of working in some Wii and some jumprope work. I have to really think about the jumprope b/c my knees have been hurting a lot lately. There are two Tracie Long's for her 2nd to last series that I want to do b/c I have not done them in so long. They might be a better bet, softer on the knees.

Lisa - any trouble with the downloads? I have never done it before (except for songs) and plan to download the STS cardio soon. I wanted to do it this weekend but "stuff" kept popping up and I could not get it done.

Murphy

Murphy, my knees are bothering me too... I'm not sure why. Maybe high impact, maybe age...

Lisa, did you put your downloads on a device (iTouch, phone, etc.), or is it on your computer? I ask because I wonder how much room workouts would take up on my iPod Touch if I were to download them. DD has a couple of movies on hers, and they are real space hogs... she had to take some off to make room. My iPod Touch is larger, but I also have more music than she does.

Also, what will you use them on/for... work along on the computer? Take to the gym? Take on vacation?

Okay, off to put DD (who is reading over my shoulder) to bed. Good night, all! :rolleyes:

Today was BM2 cardio blast.....it was tough....I had to take a break between every power segment at the end of the premix (plus others before it). We've had a lot of humidity (for Colorado) and I think my lungs just can't get enough air with all that moisture. Does that sound stupid? Thin air + moisture + allergies (although they aren't too bad) = hard time breathing.

Knees.....Mine feel better lately, I added the floor padding Murphy told me about (it keeps moving around when I workout and if I anchor it,it pulls apart...don't know what to do about that, but I use my breaks moving it back into place....plus its in a small area so it moves into things easily), I added insoles to my shoes and I started taking glucosamine/condroitin/msm. They got to feeling better, then I backed off the glucosamine/condroitin/msm to 1 pill every other day...knees started hurting again, so I'm back to 2 pills a day. sigh

Downloaded workouts....I don't plan to use them on an iPod or anything. I have a Mac, so with iDVD you can burn dvds easily. OR on our windows laptop I could use the cord we have that hooks to the TV that puts the laptop screen on the tv.....you can do the same with a mac, I'm just too cheap to buy one for it ($50) since burning the dvds are so easy.

gotta run, for now....later!

So sore! Ow, ow, ow!

Okay, I'm glad tomorrow is my day off. I foolishly did Muscle Max today (I also did it on Sunday), and I am just so sore! I'm rethinking my strategy of using kettlebells as my weight workout. I think I need at least one (probably two) total body weight workouts a week... and maybe that would help me fight off the winter weight that has glommed onto me. Ugh.

Lisa, thanks for info on the workouts. I think I'd download workouts that I do on the road. I do work out when I travel, and I'm at the mercy of the DVD player in the room (if there is one). This way I could skip the DVD player altogether and plug the iPod into the TV.

Well, sorry to just fly in and out, but I'm still working on "that" project... doing forms and PowerPoint today. It gives me a break from endless editing.... snooze.

I'll check in later. Bye, all!

I took off today because my little one had trouble sleeping last night.

Lisa - I put a rug over my mats, maybe that will help with the mats moving.

Murphy

Hi all! Just finished back and bi's, am going to do a HIIT with my DS, he wants to get faster at track, maybe it will help him? I know it will help me! I haven't downloaded any w/o's yet, I have to buy that cable to watch it on my TV. Murphy, hope you get some sleep tonite. Kathryn, doesn't kettlebells count as total body? I have only tried them once, I thought they were hard! Especially keeping track of your form all the time. Lisa, I think BM2 is hard, humidity would make is extremely hard! When the air is heavy it just wears you out. Have a good night. Mary

Mary, kettlebells are total body workouts (and very metabolic, as they say). But I didn't expect to be as sore as I am from Muscle Max... which makes me wonder if I'm getting enough muscle work. You're right -- they're hard workouts, but in a different way from pure weight lifting.

The humidity slows me down, too... it's like running in water. And we've got our fair share of it in Atlanta, too. Summers can be brutal here. I'm glad I work out indoors (most of the time).

Mary, I couldn't find you on FB! Of course, it's not easy -- Lisa has over 900 friends :)eek:) so scrolling through her friends list takes a week...

Alright, alright, I sent friend suggestions on FB to Kathryn and Mary. Hope I got the right Mary! :)

Today I did STS Meso 3 Chest/Back. It's humid here again (but cool) so glad I didn't have cardio. Instead of running at lunch I'm going to go shopping, again. We booked the cruise (Celebrity -- 11 nights-- Southern Carribean) so I figure I better get a couple of nice dresses for dinner for the formal nights while we have a selection of spring/summer clothes here in CO, even though the cruise isn't until Jan. They get so picked over very fast especially in my size! Thankfully I THINK I have everything else I need, that is, unless I see something I can't resist.

Mary, that's so cool your DS wanted to do HIIT...how did he do?

Murphy, I have the perfect rug in mind, problem is, I have to remember where I stashed it years ago :) Then on top of that I have to remember to remember to get the rug before my next cardio session. SWISS CHEESE, that's what my brain is these days.

Kathryn, I'm not doing kettlebells too much these days, it bothered my shoulder/neck, probably my form, but I can do swings good (and those work your bum...I need to do more), but the snatches I decided were not for me. I need to learn to listen to my body and not push it too far in the neck/shoulder area.

I'll report back on how the shopping trip went.

Hi all

sorry, fly by posting here. Was in London all day yesterday (work again) but did meet up with a friend in the evening which was great. Just had another meeting and now am frantically searching the internet to find a replacement holiday cottage. We've booked a week in Scotland for the end of May but the owner has just decided not to rent the cottage out!! :mad: So trying to find one asap (it's half term here so places are busy then).

I will be back to chat properly tomorrow :(

ok ladies, this is the dress I bought:

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/wom...s/PRD~587669/AB+Studio+Solid+Sheath+Dress.jsp

Can't go wrong with a little black dress, right? And the price was right since I don't wear dresses normally. :rolleyes: It comes right above my knee and then I got some strappy black sandals with a little heel (not too high, I'd fall !) The only problem I have is that my legs look so white and my knees kind of knobby, so my question is, do women wear hose these days? Should i plan to wear black hose to make my legs look presentable? Or do ladies go natural? It's been years since I've worn a dress! I'm just not the type of person that dresses up anymore.......help!

Hi girls! Did MMA Fusion, still trouble getting up and down, slightly better, not much! Also mowed the grass, I count that as a w/o too! DS did well with HIIT, he was sweating up a storm, he can go much lower in his jumps than I can. I told myself it was b/c he is shorter than I am! Lisa, definitely go hoseless! you will be on a cruise! 11 days, sounds wonderful! A 2nd honeymoon! I am jealous! Murphy, did you get some sleep? Ronne, was it dusty in London? We rented a house in July for the week, by the lake, am looking forward to it, hope that you were able to find something. Kathryn, if you hadn't done MM in a while, I would imagine it would make you sore, totally different from kettlebells! Lisa, I meant to tell you the dress is cute, you can dress that up or down, I love simple black dresses, and thanks for hooking me up with Kathryn, I requested her friendship! Have a good night, talk to you tomorrow! Mary

Hello

Nice dress Lisa, I'm sure that will look very classy on your cruise. You lucky thing, it sounds great. Bare legs or not? I would take a pair of tights with me just in case and then see how I feel! Perhaps a little self tan before you go? I'm glad you've got something nice to look forward to.

Murphy - did you get back to your workouts or is your little one still not sleeping?

Mary - no, there's nothing visible at all here. flights have resumed now. i'm getting bored with all these news stories showing people stuck in airports, ferry terminals, etc. I realise it must be a real pain if you can't get back but I'd like to hear about something else now! It's even pushed the election right off the front pages.

Kathryn - how's the editing going then? Still slaving away? MM twice in one week, I'd definitely be sore! I downloaded one of the STS legs workouts because there was an offer on. I use it on DH's laptop rather than trying to hook it up to a TV. If I was downloading more, I might look at getting a cable. Haven't made my mind up about the STS cardio downloads, I can't see that I'd use them on the move anyway really.

Today I did a SloMo full body premix. I'm trying to keep workouts under an hour as I'm finding it difficult to fit stuff in. Feel nicely worked but not dead. Right, back to work!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.