40's are great! week of 3/16/09

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi ladies! I think I'll get us started this week. I just completed disc 13 of Meso 2. I think I'm really going to like this meso. Seems I might have gained some strength in the chest because I think I could have gone a bit heavier with chest, but all my other weights were good. Maybe it was all those pushups in meso1!?!? I used 40 lbs for bench press and didn't really struggle, it might be time to use my 45 lb olympic bar! Oh, and the tricep extensions, Cathe uses a barbell (Deazie uses dumbbells). I like it better with dumbbells, it feels more natural. What about ya'll?

I hoping for a calmer week, DH is out of town and I let him take the car to the airport, so I'm without a ride until the evening when DS is home from school. Speaking of DS, today is his birthday....17....my baby is 17 ! Anyway, I don't really need a car because I don't go into work anymore....my boss moved her office (actually she has no office anymore). We have the supplements here and I either mail them out or put them out on the front step for her to pick to deliver to Boulder. Good thing I live in a central location right off the highway! It is working out good (it's only been 2 wks). So, for now, no more patient files to deal with, but eventually she is going to start some group sessions (instead of individual ones like she's been doing). Her rent in Boulder was EXPENSIVE! Now she will rent a room at a private gym for her group sessions and they also carry her supplements. Probably more than you all wanted to know. I have been busy trying to get her email contacts ready to upload to the service she is going to use and draft some newsletters. Now if she would provide me with the words for the newsletters. Also been setting up her facebook page to hopefully grow her business thru social networking. AGain, I'm waiting on her to get the words done for the newsletter and I'm good to go...seems I'm always waiting on her.

Oh well, it's going to be a nice week here....60s and 70s. In fact tomorrow (tues) I get my haircut and since there is no ride I'll be walking to the appt, it's only a 30 min walk or so.

Gotta run, time to walk the dog and enjoy the weather.

Hi Lisa and everyone else

What a lovely chatty message, Lisa! Sounds like things are going along nicely, I love the idea of you putting the stuff out at the front for your boss to pick up on her way past - what a great way to work!
It also sounds like you're loving STS! 40lbs is really impressive!

It's been a very busy few days here with all sorts of stuff happening! On Friday morning our carbon monoxide alarm went off in the room we have the boiler in (this was 3.40 am!). So we had to get an engineer out who cut off the gas and shut the boiler down. Fortunately, it was nothing serious and the problem was fixed later that day so we had heating and gas for cooking over the weekend.

Then on Friday evening my sister-in-law gave birth to her first child (they live in Spain). It was a very long delivery and there were problems. The baby had to be resuscitated and go straight into an incubator. However, it's now looking like he's fine and there's no long-term damage so we're all very relieved. He should be released from hospital next Sunday.

What with all that and the amount of work I've got and all the house stuff that's still going on, it feels non-stop at the moment. At least the weather is now getting warmer though and we're enjoying some sunshine!

Bye for now!

Hi everyone! Happy St. Patrick's day! The weather here has finally taken a turn for the better! 60's today, it changes your whole mood! Lisa, sounds like you are doing well with STS, I use the dumbells for the tricep extensions also, I have an olympic barbell, (I share with my DH), I would definitly have some head trauma if I tried to use it! I feel kind of goofy using it for bench press without any weight on it tho! But 45 lbs is good for that! I'll add my weighted gloves if I ever get stronger! Ronne, hope that your SIL and baby are doing well, how frightening for all of you. Yesterday, my legs finally stopped aching from Wed. leg w/o! I am nervous about tomorrow, since I need to go heavier with the weights! I am loving this series tho! Well, have to get to my cardio. Have a good day! Mary

Hi everyone, today I did some spinning. I found some spin mp3's on the internet, it was good, much better than the videos I bought (MIndy Mylrea).

Ronne, oh no, it sounds like Murphy may be vising you! Glad to hear your SIL baby is doing well. Hope I wasn't too chatty in my post....I feel like we are all old friends and was just typing as I would to my BFF.

Mary, you have me scared now.....I do M2 legs tomorrow (disc 14). I have some DOMS right now in my chest and tricep. I knew I'd have them in my tricep, but surprised at the chest as I felt I could have gone heavier. Good thing I didn't especially since the weights increase over time!

Have a great day everyone!

Hi ladies.

I'm still quietly motoring along. I'm really enjoying the Lean Phase of CLX. AND I am trying really really hard to eat well, thankfully, I appear to be "over" the peanut M&Ms phase! I need to remain strong! Very very strong!

I havn't time to chat, sorry, I will chat hopefully more tomorrow.

Gosh its quiet in this thread these days.
Remember when it started and there was heaps of gals posting.
Wonder whats happened?
Im at work so this is just a quick hi and
bye

Hi everyone! Not much new here, just running around as usual, don't know where the time goes, I remember my mother when I was little, telling me not to wish time away (waiting for my driver's licsence, etc) Now I wish it would slow down! Yesterday was disc 17, my legs are talking to me today, I have to do cardio, can't decide what, but maybe it will get rid of some of the burn im my legs. LIsa, did you like disc 14? I like the trisets, I do get my heart rate up high tho! Andrea, how are you? How much longer do you have with CLX? Hi Ronne, how is the baby and your SIL doing? Well, the dishes are calling and the wash and I need to work out. Have a good day all. Mary

HI All,

I am still on track w/ STS. I did disc 14 today and I look forward to the DOMS. My legs are my trouble spot - well all over really, but especially the legs. I too like the tri-sets. Disc 13 was a bit of a shocker. I forgot (or blocked out) that Meso 2 would be tri-sets so when I started I was a bit surprised. I still feel it in my tri's. I too like using the dumbells. I think I feel it more. It was nice outside yesterday so I got my DS to go walking with me. She complained (sort of) the whole time but she complete the path and asked to go again today. I said yes but in the back of mine was, "my poor legs". Oh, I also did abs today with the medicine ball (bought a heavier one, 8 lbs.) and felt a difference. I kind of think I could have gone heavier but let us see if I still feel that way tomorrow. See you soon.

Ronne - I hope SIL and baby are well. I sent a prayer up for them.

Murph

Hi everyone

Thanks for all the good wishes for SIL and baby. Well, good news he was released from hospital on Tuesday and is now at home. It looks like he's got the all-clear which is great news, so they can just get on and enjoy him! We're going out to see them in about a month's time and I'm really looking forward to it.

Now sit down and hold on to your computers! I did a workout today - yes you saw that right! I put a DVD in a machine and got sweaty!!! Hurrah. I did the first part of Patrick Goudeau's HWC2 plus the abs. It was really tough and I managed to get through it with just one break. There is sooooo much more wobble there than there was before!:mad: But I'm hoping that even if I can't get back to full-on regular workouts yet I can manage 2 or 3 a week until the work is totally finished.

Sorry for blathering on about myself today. I have to go now as the workout took a big chunk out of my working time. Hello to everyone and sending strength vibes to all you STSers!

Hold the presses, Ronne did a workout! :p
WOO HOO!

I bbl for personals, gonna go walk the dog right now in the beautiful weather!

Hi everyone! I have some serious quad/glute/hamstring/some calf DOMS from Disc 14! The workout didn't seem too bad when I did it yesterday, in fact I'm liking Meso2 much better. Today the DOMs kicked in. I normally don't get them too much on the quads but I did this time, I think it is from the narrow squats because it is the outside teardrop that is feeling it. Oh and those calf raises.....I didn't know what weight to use, so I picked up my 15 lb dumbbell, uh, HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO calves! I can't wait to do Disc 15 (Back/Bi) tomorrow. Today I did step blast because I needed a little pick me up since I"ve been feeling blah lately. DH comes home today so maybe I've just been missing him more than I think.:confused:

Mary, I was hoping Step Blast would help the burn in my legs too....it'll be interesting to see how long the soreness lasts. I'm hoping for a run Sat or Sun.

Murphy, my poor legs were tired on my walk too. My dog probably was wondering why we were walking slower than usual. :D It's always nice to have company on a walk but sometimes if you have to persuade too much it's more of a pain. Thankfully I don't have to persuade my dog!:p

Andrea, maybe everyone is just busier than normal, I know I am and that's why I have fewer posts. Either that or I'm too grumpy (like I was yesterday).

Gotta run, DH will be here soon!

Hi all.

Ronne I would like to congradulate you on your workout. Everyone - stand up and applaud. :D I wonder how you feel today?:eek: Oouch! Glad to hear the little one is doing better.

speaking of ouch, Lisa, my chest is sooo sore. I upped my weights and I am in pain today.

Vilma - if you check in, go heavier with the weights! I am discovering it now and I am in the third circuit!! Heavy is an awseome feeling with CLX. I manage it for some circuits but not all of them.

Mary - i've succeeded in giving up the peanut M&Ms !! Hooray! Now, if I can just get rid of the Oreos and the lollies - choc eclairs...............

Hi Murphy

Hi All,

Today I did the cardio and ab portion of 4DS Kickbox. I have DOMS from disc 14 (legs) and I thought this would help w/ the burn. I am still hoping it will by OMG, I felt every leg muscle and then some. It was crazy but I am loving it. Tomorrow is disc 15. Let the pain begin.

Oh, anyone by Cathe's toning tube over the door things? I bought the red and I feel like it is going to come through the door. Is it just me. I am sure the ball won't fit through the space but I keep expecting the tube to snap and hit me in the head.

Lisa - I am w/ you. When I was doing disc 14 I thought, "okay, I can do this", but then the next day *&^%@$. But, that is what I wantes so...

Andrea - Hi back!

Murph

Hi girls! Happy Friday! Lisa and Murphy, wasn't the leg DOMS amazing from disc 14? I did 17 on Wed, was a little less sore yesterday, today they feel good! I have to believe that somehow this is transforming my body. I too haven't had a peanut M&M this week, (Andrea),but my DH made chocolate chip cookies! So hard to resist, he likes to put in extra butter, makes them soo good! I have to do disc 18 today, I will let you know. My upper back is sore from the holding the dumbells on Wed. for legs and I saw there are deadlifts, should be interesting! Have a great weekend everyone. Hi to you Ronne! Mary

A little birdie told me it's Andrea's birthday (March 20th). March 20th is just starting here in the states so have a great birthday Andrea and celebrate a little longer until your birthday is over in all time zones!

Murphy, I had to crawl up the stairs last night, my quads just wouldn't pick my legs up! gotta love those doms, makes you just know that something in there has to be transforming!

Mary, my eating has been not so good. I need to buckle back down, was having a case of the doldrums and food just seemed like it was calling to me (and all the bad food).

Ronne, any more workouts? Or did you shoot your wad?

Today is disc15, gotta get going....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.