40s -- getting back into it after Easter

fitover40

Cathlete
Hello 40s, how was everyone's holiday. We had a nice visit with my SIL and family. Of course, I loved, loved, loved seeing my DS20 again (and his fiancee---she's growing on me). They are both so comforting as they know how close I was with Maddy.

Saturday I did a 4 mile run, that helped improve my mood greatly, then Sunday I did PLB, have some DOMS from that today....that workout is always a burner. Today I did HIIT 40/20, OMG~ this is only my second time with that workout and it was still tough.....the last round I kind of peter out and stop 5-10 seconds early. Then I added on the step only of SJP. I had gotten up late but had no work and didn't see the need to log on to just clock time (except for the $ need), so I indulged myself and worked out a whole hour....I'm worth it, right?

DH is gone again this week, but I hope to see DS20 Thursday for a bit and of course I have DS18 here. Oh, and the cat(17yrs)....darn cat is still licking her tail on each side near the base....I don't know what is up with that and it's getting to be a pain putting the cone collar on her so she can't lick it. This has been going on since the beginning of the year and yes, I already took her to the vet for it.

I'm trying to start this week off with a positive spin since the last 2 have been tough....let's hope it's a good one for all of us.

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great holiday! The weather here has been perfect! We had brunch with DH's family, then an egg hunt. Then dinner with my folks, just a really nice day. Lisa, so glad you had a nice time with your family. I would love to see your cat with the cone head! Does it make her crabby? Today I started Meso 2, I really enjoyed that one the most. I have 4 weeks until my surgery, have to make the best of it, I think I have to take 6 weeks off, need to build up as much muscle as I can to burn calories for those weeks! Today was chest, shoulders (hate working shoulders!) and triceps. Starting to ache all ready! We did buy a new couch for the family room on Sat., Our old one only 3 of us could fit comfortably, this one seats 10! We can all stretch out! We picked it up and moved it ourselves, DH provided me with lots of direction! Can anyone relate? Looks great! Hi to Murphy, Kathryn and Ronne, hope all is well with you! Off to clean and yeah the kids go back to school tomorrow! Mary

moz-screenshot.png
20656_1273843480951_1075834275_827373_7220015_n.jpg

Mary, there's the pic of Yoshi that I took back in Jan when she had the cone on. She really hates it, and in the pic she looks so demoralized. :) Sometimes I wonder if the stress has her licking her tail to death....the first time this happened was when Maddy was real sick in Dec, and now again and we know what just happened. I'm going to have to give her extra TLC, initially I just didn't want to get any closer to her than I am but she deserves better too.

Oh yea, you have to have a hip replacement, right? Do you have help all lined up? I just learned my SIL will need to have a double hip replacement. They think some meds she was on to deal with her adoptive children caused it (one of those are in a home getting mental help,but it doesn't look good....they may need to make the decision to terminate parental rights....better to save the one child they adopted that is doing well than lose both). Kind of sad, I can't believe she got herself into this adopting older children from Kazistan (however you spell that country). so sad.

You are going to continue to check in with us during your "down time" aren't you? That couch must be like a sectional to sit that many.

Hi All,

Okay, I don't know what it is about this year but I am having a hard time sticking to anything. Now I am trying to stick to this month's rotation. So far so good but it is only day 2. :)

Lisa - love the picture. That made my day!

Murphy

Hi girls! Today was GSBSB and added on Med ball abs. I also ran 2.5 miles (when I would normally walk Maddy).....it was the best way to fill in my time so I don't miss her so much. :)

Murphy, I haven't followed a rotation in 7 mths or so.....seems like life can get in the way and derail you. Good for you for sticking with it.....even if only 2 days :)

Hi girls! Today was tri-set legs, they will be talking to me later! Lisa, your cat is adorable! I just love cats, can't have any b/c of allergies, (DH and 2 of the kids). She does look a little irritated with her cone, tho! Murphy, it is hard to follow a rotation, some days just don't know what you will be in the mood for! Are you doing April's? Hi to Kathryn and Ronne. Have a good night all! Mary

Hi everyone

Just a flyby posting I'm afraid. Love the photo, Lisa! Also sounds like you had a nice weekend.

Mary - my DH would love your new sofa! Do you have a picture? He's always wanted one that goes round a corner.

Hi Murphy and Kathryn :D

I've managed to fit in a few workouts round the chocolate! I'm doing circuits so I did Travel Fit the other day for the first time. I really liked it! Loved the simplicity of it and it burned a fair few calories according to my HRM. Also did Patrick Goudeau's Hard Work Conditioning 2. That always leaves me in heap and yesterday I did Tracie Long's Endurance for Movement. Today I'm doing the first HWC which isn't so tough.

I probably won't be around over the next week or so as I'm out and about with DD over the holidays. Will catch up with you all when I get back.

For those kettlebell-ers out there, Advanced Workouts has Amy Bento's (or at least one of Amy Bento's) on sale. I think the profits are supposed to go to the webiste owner's daughter's cheerleading squad.

Today I wanted to torture myself so did Cardio Core Circuit. This is only the second time for this workout, I think it may have a dread factor in it for me. Later I'll do seg 2 of Core Max. I need to tighten my core up and lose 10 lbs. Oh and I've been meaning to say that I seem to suck air a lot on the cardio workouts.....I'm going to chalk it up to being a mile high and the thinner air! :) works for me!

Ronne, enjoy your holiday!

Hi girls! Just did LM, the first premix, it is so humid I am still glowing! Lisa, I kind of avoid cardio core circuit, It is HARD! I'm not having a hip replacement, they are re-surfacing the bone, basically shaving it back round! I'll still come around, I would miss you! Ronne, hope you are having a great week with DS! I have to figure out how to post pics! Murphy, I saw that Collage Video has Jari's Get Extremely Ripped on sale, I am contemplating that one! Don't know why?! Have a good night everyone! Mary

today I did Drill Max....I usually do the Ultra Cardio premix, but knew I wasn't up for that so I did it as it, and I think I really like it that way (minus the pushups :) ---- I think that since I always did the premix that is why it had a dread factor. I skipped chest and tri stuff since I want to do GS CT tomorrow. Mary, I was glowing too, felt good. Hi everyone else who stops by!

Okay, feel like crap today. I hope I don't have the daycare bug du jour. :-( I am taking tomorrow off to rest and hopefully get better. Hi to everyone.

Murphy

Hi everyone! Today will be back and bi's from meso 2' my legs are still sore from those tri-sets the other day! Murphy, hope that you didn't catch a nasty bug! Lisa, drill max is at the bottom of the pile with hardcore extreme! Hope everyone has a good evening! Mary

Quick fly by today....looks like everyone is busy too. GS CT and 3.5 mile run!

Murphy, is it possibly allergies since it seems it's bad this year?

Mary, gotta love those tri-sets.

Have a good weekend everyone

I feel much better today. I took the day off, slept late (for me - I still had to get up to take the kids to school). You know Lisa, it may be allergies. I never had them before but I developed them after the last baby. I think I will try some OTC allergy medicine and see if that helps. Why didn't I think of that before?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.