40s Amazing August!

Ronne

Cathlete
Hello

Well, you obviously need me around to remind you of the date. It's August, you chumps (or pillocks), whichever you prefer :).
Had a nice couple of days away with parents and DD. Went to a place called Ironbridge, a small village but also birthplace of Industrial Revolution with loads of museums. Spent a fun day at a Victorian village, where everything is from that era and people wander round in costume. Went for a lesson at the village school and had our hands inspected! It was great fun.
Got my new DVDs so tried out X10 FBC today. Enjoyed it but can't imagine ever doing more than one segment at a time!!

Not having your posts to check, please excuse me if I forget anything!

Lisa - congrats on the continued shrinkage!! You're going to be a hot 50 year old :eek:

Jody - glad you've got some work in. I'm afraid your brownies sound horrible :p!

Mary - hope things calm down a bit for you. And that everything goes well with DS.

Ronne's back!! And she's righting us! Totally forgot it is August! Sounds like you and fun and learned things. X10 is a hard one, try Flex Train! Love that one! Jody, why did you have to take the bus? Money is always helpful tho. Lisa, it's your birthday month! Start celebrating! Murphy, how are you feeling? Well, DS did fine, no green pee! Now to wait for results. We have a 21st birthday party tonite. That should be fun to watch! Have a good day all, Mary

Drill max cardio leg blast premix followed by the upper body sections for me today. Hi Ronne, fun weekend! Mary, dd had car and was away w/ friend so I took bus. Enjoy the party tonight. I'm ready for a short nap, have a great weekend!

I walked dogs 2.1 miles, then did X10 LI and added on 30 min Pilates reformer/jumpboard.Good news, with me limiting any body weight on my arms (planks, pushups, etch) and NOT sleeping on my left side I feel almost human again! Very little pain. It will be an interesting discussion with the massage therapist this week. I've always preferred sleeping on my left side, and then couldn't even sleep on it without major nerve pain pre-surgery, I was so happy after the first couple months of surgery to sleep on it that I never considered it could cause the muscle to knot up. I hope one day to be able to sleep on my left side, if not, I will need some major sleeping pills!

Ronne, thanks for keeping us straight! I knew it was August, but it didn't click in my brain that it was time for a new thread. In fact when Jody wrote 'It's August' I thought she was referring to that it was 'birthday party month". lol. You inspired me to do x10, I was going for the PM that was LI and FBC, but ended up only doing the LI as I didn't want to do too much UB work. Sounds like a wonderful time away, your outings are always so "fresh" and different. I need someone like you to plan my holidays/vacations.

Mary, how do you feel when insurance denies a MRI that the doc requests? That would get my goat!

Jody, good job getting in the w/o, now you have to start tracking food! It really is helping me.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone

Lisa - good workout! Have you done more than one section of X10 at a time before? When we went to Poland skiing this year, DH said I should set myself up as an online travel agent sorting out bookings for people as I'm good at finding deals. :)

Jody - do you think that's an easier way to do DM? Or more intense?

Mary - good news on DS. Hope the party was fun.

Yoga today, another Happy Hips premix. Pretty good. I'm sending it back now. Lots of cleaning and housework this morning, not much else planned for rest of day. We go to France on Saturday, I can't believe it!

Hello! Today just did PT. We got a new dog, a morkie, named her Boo! So sweet, she slept most of the night. Wheezy is a little jealous, but doing well. We looked at her, saw her face and could not resist! Ronne, what part of France are you going too? I cleaned today too! Lisa, insurance is frustrating! The doctor makes a desicion and the insurance company decides what to actually do! Why do we go to the doctor? We should just go to their offices! Jody, I haven't done DM is eons. Hi Murphy! I think we will head to pool today. Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Today was 2.5 mile dog walk, and then 40 min spinning.

Ronne, how much do you charge for your services? :) I do 2 sections a lot of the time of X10. Normally LI and step or LI and FBC. I don't like hi/lo so don't do it, and I forget what the other one is.

Mary, Boo! Cute name! My sis has a morkie too, she's a bundle of energy but doesn't know how to play with Suki , suki may be small but she plays rough. How old is Wheezy? So who REALLY wanted the dog?

Ronne, re Drill max cardio leg blast, I think it made the cardio more constant (harder) b/c I wasn't dill weeding around trying to do bomb diver push ups (I'm barely doing a few pushups on my toes). But at least I did get back around to the upper body parts and gave them a go. France so soon? Viva le croissant!

Mary, congrats on new dog! Sweet! a Maltese yorkie mix? A girl at work was looking at this set up for dogs that pull, it looked good. I'd try it if I still had a dog. WALK YOUR DOG WITH LOVE. THE BEST FRONT LEADING DOG HARNESS IN THE WORLD. It Is Time To Lead! WYDWL Lisa do your dogs pull?

Lisa, I was thinking about doing a run by my new job when I have to go in for dept meeting. It is a long drive for an hour long meeting so maybe I'll walk a section of the dike around the lake. Probably about as opposite of your hikes as can be but I'd like to do if I can figure out where to go.

I worked at new job today. Cool gig. I think I like it.

Hello

Jody - those bomb divers hurt the front of my shoulder. I don't think they're for me. Good news that the job is going well.

Lisa - that's a fairly low key workout for you! You haven't had a holiday for ages have you?

Mary - presumably you went dog shopping?! This dog didn't just turn up out of the blue ... Must confess, I could never have a dog because I just don't want to pick up poo! :confused:

Did LLA today. Liked it a lot. It went by very quickly with lots of variety. Cathe seems very perky as well. Think this will be a good leg choice for me.
Busy with work, got loads to do before we go away.

Good morning! Today did bike and PT. Ronne, we have been thinking about another dog for a while, DH saw the breeder had morkies available, we stopped by and fell in love immediately! Haha on the poo! Hers happen to be the size of peas! Did you say what part of France you are visiting? Jody, drive an hour there and an hour back for a one hour meeting? Hope they compensate you! So glad you like the new job! Lisa, next week is birthday? On the Today show they are celebrating Hoda's 50th too! Hi Murphy! Band camp started today, the run around begins! Mary

Today was a 3 mile dog walk and then XT legs (all sections) and BS shoulders. I'm doing quite well on the BS! I matched Cathe weights except for OH press (OH stuff is hard on the neck). I really am thinking that it's too much body weight on my arms for too long that makes the ouchie come out. Hoping once I get most of the ouchie gone that I can sleep on my left side again ... will see what massage therapist says tomorrow now that I think I've isolated some of the moves that causes pain to form.

Ronne, Dive bomber pushups always bothered my shoulders (or that I couldn't manage holding my weight up with them), I always skipped them and now I definitely do. No, we haven't been away on a real vacation since before the neck fiasco, mainly because it's still hard for me to sleep even in my bed with my special pillow. Wondering how it will be at RT, planning on bringing good drugs to get to sleep with.

Jody, the short answer to if the dogs pull is 'it depends'. The do pull less than the Sheltie

And I think it's more the different type of dogs. Shelties are herders so they like to round everything up, the Shibas are hunters for small animals so they are always smelling... but man, if they get wind of a rabbit they are gone (sadly, Sasha (DS dog) got a baby bunny the other day before we even knew what was up, and she's come up with rats too, YUCK), Suki just goes for the road kill :) I swear I've tried every leash with no success, and I was determined to leash train Suki (as she will pull on a 6 Ft leash), but that made my lower back knot up, so I moved back to an expandable leash since massage therapist said I must be able to swing my arms. How it normally goes on our walks--- both dwaddle too much for me smelling in the beginning so the pull is more for them to catch up to me, then mid-walk is the chase for the bunnies, rats whatever vermin she can scent for Sasha, and Suki can get tired (she has a harder time with the heat, I blame it on her short snout --not the standard size snout for a Shiba, hence why she has such a big underbite). At the end of the walk, Suki is typically out in front ready to get home and Sasha is dragging tail because she's tired. I'm not sure the extra hike is going to happen on the day we drive up to the mountains, my GF says she has a mandatory work meeting (seriously girl, you are a contractor!) and not sure about leaving her Mom (says she thinks she's had another TIA--- who knows, Mom can't talk for 3 yrs now), sigh. Bless her heart but I wish she would learn to take time for herself! Yuck on driving an hr for an hr mtg!

Mary, I've seen the commercials about Hoda and how they are making a big deal of her 50th birthday. Hey we are the last year of the baby boomers! Yes, 10 more days for the count down! I went and redeemed my DSW birthday cert last night and the lady said Happy Birthday, I said thanks, it's a big one, then she proceeded to look at me intently trying to figure out WHICH big one it was. I thought it was funny, then she went on to say how hard it was for her, and I said, it's not hard for me, I'm proud of it! I love it when women own their age :)

Hello

Lisa - yes, I should have thought of that reason. Perhaps you can plan something to celebrate in a few months time?

Mary - sounds like you're busy again. We're going to the Dordogne, south west France (about two hours from Bordeaux). At the moment, it looks like the weather isn't as good as it is here :confused:.

Another busy work day, getting through it. I must be doing well, I just found an invoice that hadn't been paid that I sent in June!
Did another X10 today, CB. Really went all out so felt like I did my best in a short time. I'm really liking these new DVDs.

Today was 2.75 mile walk, then CSS + step instead, skipping any pushups/mountain climbers/burpees/you get the picture. Then added on BS Bi's, had to go a little lighter than I thought I would, but that's ok (I only used 10's, 8's, and 12's for concentration curls), was worried I pushed it a little too far, but so far feeling ok after rolling on the foam roller. I have my massage later this afternoon.

Ronne, so you are in charge of getting the money from the people you do work for? That adds even more complexity, I did that once for a bit (remember the nutritionist and then I did some work for a friend of hers?... it was a PAIN getting him to pay me, never again! I'm not really chomping at the bit to go anywhere, I'm a true home body. So, next DIL story, ready? We have 3 bathrooms (1 in basement for DIL/DS, our master one that I just redid to that massive shower, and the other one on the main floor--we live in a ranch that has a tub), so DIL wanted to take a bath, I said, sure (no one uses that bathroom but younger DS when he visits here), WELL, I didn't think I would have to tell her to CLEAN THE TUB after she is done! I was cleaning our bathroom and expected just to wipe up the other one (getting it ready when DS is here for my birthday), and what do I find? RED stain from her hair dye (she has it dyed like Ronald McDonald) against the tub and tile (like where she rested her head), and a plethora of little black hairs into he bottom of the tub....UH, she didn't' even rinse it out after it drained?????????eeeeeeek, I couldn't get the hair dye out, thankfully DH has the muscle to scrub it. So next time, I guess I'll have to say, sure, take a bath, just make sure you clean the tub afterwards.... seriously, I really shouldn't have to ask! So, that's the latest....I think we are just over sharing a house, so anything that wouldn't really bother me bothers me more and anything that would bother me bothers me extremely :). They had a meeting with the builder and they say roughly 3-4 months, I'm hoping more on the 3 month timeframe, but DS is hoping for the 4-5 month timeframe (I guess to get money together). Big sigh.

Hello! Quick check in, bike and PT. Had to go to computer class for work. Felt like Jody, 45 minute drive for 60 minute class and back. Lisa, I would have saved the tub for her! Ronne, must be hard to have to beg for your money. Jody, how are you? Hello Murphy! Have to go get DD from band! Mary

Hey, I did about 20-25 min of CF or TTM (step one) early this morning, and may do some more today.

I had hospital orientation today and again tomorrow. I HOPE I'm supposed to be there, it doesn't make sense to me cuz I've done a lot of the training in my dept and I really think this tomorrow is a nursing thing, but I'm scheduled to go so I go.
Mary, I hope I don't have a drive for no reason tomorrow! Who is taking care of the new puppy?

Lisa, I agree, you shouldn't have to say anything to dil but clearly you do! Maybe what she meant was, can I take a bath in the tub where it will be magically cleaned up by someone else and if it isn't who cares? I hope it is all over.

Ronne, have you tried Flextrain? I haven't removed the wrapper yet. The weather will turn around for you and be nice on your trip, I hope. You've enjoyed the summer so much, it would be a shame to miss it.

Murphy, did you bounce back from your recent cold/illness?

Hi all. We went to visit family over the weekend and then I was not feeling well yesterday. I did a crunch workout today and some abs. I am feeling good. I am consistently using 4 pounds. I did TF the other day and used the pink band for most of it. I used the green band a bit and still need to work up to it. I really feel like I am getting there.

Waves to all. Sorry for lack of personals.

Ronne - have a great trip. Bring me something back. :)

Hi there

Murphy - good to see you. Hope you're feeling better.

Jody - I'd got FT down to do today, funnily enough. Hope the orientation thing doesn't turn out to be a waste of time.

Mary - I have no problem at all chasing my money. I've been doing this for nearly 9 years now, you quickly get over being squeamish about money. I'm pretty good at negotiating rates as well :).

Lisa - yes, I'm completely independent, I invoice businesses for my time. It took a while to get used to not getting a regular salary but I'm used to it now. I get what you're saying about DIL, it really is time to move on!!

So, did Flextrain today. I liked it, skipped a couple of things (disc lunges are out for me at the moment, doing S&G last week strained my groin, so I've got to take it easy). I could see me doing this one quite often. I like the way it keeps moving along (reminds me a bit of KCM, actually).

Good morning! Today I did FT too! Hadn't done it in so long, it was a challenge. Ronne, good for you. That would be hard for me. I can see if I would want to eat, I'd get over it quick! Murphy, glad you are feeling better. Jody, have fun orienting! As far as Boo goes, we are usually in and out, when we aren't here we put her in her cage, otherwise in think Wheezy would eat her! Lisa, did you talk to DIL? Did she clean the tub? I would have handed her the Comet! Have some errands, then go pick up from band camp. Have a great day! Mary

Ronne , I love FT so much more than supercuts (I like supercuts but because of the "different" exercises I have to modify.

Mary, ok, where does Boo sleep? Our Suki thinks she's human most of the time.... uh, yea, spoiled dog! WIll you be doing any dog walks once boo gets older?

Murphy, good to see you POP in :)

Took at 2.4 mile dog walk, then did MMA KB. Massage therapist confirmed that body weight on my hands can and most likely is triggering the pain in the levator scapular (muscle that attaches the shoulder blade to the neck). I had lots of knots she got out, I felt, ahhhh relief, but later that night it was hurting (pissed off muscle), so didn't sleep well. The attachment to the shoulder blade is getting overloaded because some of the attachments in the neck are fused now and are atrophying. She said it may get better as 'I'm still healing' (forgot to ask when the healing technically is over, my guess is 2 yrs?). She's glad I'm finding what is triggering it and it is different for every person that has this surgery (my guess is because everyone has different muscles affected from the nerve impingement of the months and in my case years). So NO MORE exercises that use my body weight on my arms, no push UPS, no mountain climbers, no burpees, no planks (or minimal, like what I do in Pilates). So now how will I modify at the road trip? At home I'll just fast forward through those dreaded exercises ( and happy to do so and glad I have a reason Oh and I asked her about doing chest work as I was worried that the pulling in of the chest muscles would piss off my muscle as well, and she said, women are naturally weaker in the back and have rounded shoulders so she would do 3 back workouts to every chest workout.

Hello!

Lisa - hey, you get a permanent excuse to never do a push-up again!!! There's always a silver lining :D

Mary - I hope you weren't doing any of the lower body in FT?! ;)

Yoga for me today. Really good, but I should have done it a bit later, all that lovely calm has just floated away as I've been cursing the screen and some work I'm doing! :confused:
Going to walk to the Post Office to clear my head.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.