<3 clean & tidy VALENTINES DAY <3

Getting ready to head down for my run... I did relatively well with pizza last night (did NOT overeat and chose the variety with veggies) and I don't feel horribly bloated and sluggish this morning, yay!

What, if anything, do you all have planned for V-day? I had planned a surprise for Chris before he upset me earlier this week, so I'm not doing it, it's not the right time. So today will be just like any normal day, shopping, nap, cleaning, etc. Tomorrow is the Daytona 500 and we are having quite a few people over to watch so I need to clean and cook. Monday is another day off for me, and I am starting STS!

Be back soon!

Hey all... UGH! SICK AGAIN! Started sneezing in the afternoon yesterday and by bed time, I just felt awful. Took some nyquil and stayed in bed until 9 and got up and took some dayquil and still feel like junk. UGH. I don't want to be sick. But, I promise I'll take it easy.

Prob won't be around much this weekend. Just going to rest! Happy Vday to all!

happy valentine's day!! i am so much better today. nothing like some sleep! kids did well last night and i got in a 10miler before work. now i am at work, sigh, but could be worse.

angie, feel better!!

katie, have a good run. are things better with chris? good job with the eats.

i'll catch up more in a bit. oh, and eats are stellar and i am feeling better with that.

i did not get a chance to ask yesterday, but here are a few more personals:)

klaudia, that must be hard with your mom. are your parents together? does anyone else help out with your mom?

anne, i am so sorry for the family situation, but i am glad for you you had fripm and sunday "off". i hope things go well today. is dh going with you?

kate, feel better!

robin, what are you wearing to the singles party???

bbl

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLLEEN!!!!!!!

Katie, Sorry about the non-event Valentines for you.
All the company sounds like fun though. We used to have co. all the time....someday again. For now I want my peace & quiet!:D

Angie, ugh! yuck! Hope you get feeling better.

Morris, 10 miles! Before breakfast! You amaze me!
Good job w/ eats! Feels so good!
Hope work goes by fast!

========================
I am feeling MUCH better. I dont have all my strength back - feel kinda weak and woozy but def on the mend. Thank goodness! That was nasty! Gina ended up getting it too. Poor thing was miserable.

Not sure if I'm up to our V-day plans. MIght do our dinner tomorrow instead. Gina and I arent eating very much yet.

Don't know what I'm eating and I'm not sure about a workout! We'll see how the day pregoresses.

Have a good day!

Hey Angie and Morris!! Morris, TEN MILES??:eek: There is no way, ever.... Angie, sorry you feel sick, snuggle in bed as long as you can.

WO this morning ended up being only 40 minutes instead of 60 which is what I like to do on Saturday. I felt guilty because everyone was awake and hungry. While I am downstairs on the treadmill, they are all upstairs waiting to open v-day presents and eat breakfast, and I am just running on the stupid treadmill. So I stopped early -- family is more important than burning another 200 cals, right?

Shower, then shopping with my mom. Have a great day!

happy b-day colleen - what are you doing to celebrate??

katie, great job with the 40 min. i know just what you eman about family waiting. that is why i start so darn early in the am - i was at 9.5 when finn woke up, but, he read some stories to the dog while i finished that last bit:D

kate, so glad you are on the mend. take it easy on yourself.

so, i have a question for you all. i was reading women's health magazine at the hair dresser yesterday. an article on training said to do 2 total body workouts a week and 3 cardio sessions of hiit for no more than 30 min. the comment was - you are not a body builder! well, i am not a body bulider, and i never did splits until cathe. for the most part i like them but occasionally do total body rotations for variety and b/c i love pub, mm, me, bm2 dou ble upper. you get the picture. but, whay would the article imply splits are bad for women? what do you guys think? my body responds well to both programs i think, and mostly to the variety. i will do some circuits and total body after this rotation, but i just thought i'd ask. also, is sts 3 months of splits? does it have any total body components?

thanks!

Happy Valentine's Day! And Happy Birthday Colleen!

Confession: didn't make it to the basement and ate 5 Samoas last night!! I'll make up for it today. Going to do upper body, cardio, and abs. Haven't decided on which workouts yet, though. No other plans-Darrin went in to work early this morning-snowed here. Maybe we'll rent a movie tonight.

Katie, have fun at your party tomorrow. And 40 minutes is great! We don't exchange gifts or cards anymore for that matter-old married couple that we are;) Hope you get something great!

Angie, sorry about being under the weather again. Rest up!

Morris, 10 miles! How do you do it?! It is hard with my mom-she was such an inspiration growing up and now to see her unable to do anything she once loved-antiquing, refinishing furniture, reading, etc. is really tough. My parents have been married for 37 years-my mom was 15 and my dad was 21 when they got married. He has his own health issues, but does a lot-grocery shops for them and my grandma, babysits for me, etc. I can't do much with the girls which makes me feel very guilty. Hopefully she'll turn the corner soon.

Kate, glad to hear you're feeling better. I can handle the diarrhea, but have a fear of vomiting-weird. I'd wait til tomorrow, too. Why waste agreat meal and dessert?

Hi Robin!

klaudia, my mom is a shadow of her former self. she was so active and fit. she had breast cancer and colon cancer 5 years ago, has svere rheumatoid arthritis now and has had numerous botched surgeries. she cannot babysit kids but all the grandkids love her. i have mourned her loss of the ability to be active with her. she is 60 going on 80. it is aprt of why my dad left - he is 60 going on 35, or he thinks so anyways. he got all into working out, yoga, etc.... he did not want to deal with her illnesses. sometimes i do not wan to either, which makes me feel guilty too. and with my 2 kids, i am not much help other than telephone support. after her attempt to jump off a railing on monday, dh asked if i wanted to go down. i just could not imagine traveling with my 2 kids and helping her. and i could not leave my kids. sorry for the long response. but i completely empathize and struggle myslef with how to cope. do you think her health issues might have anything to do with your bouts of hypochondria? just a thought, and i do not mean to be nosy or pushy:) my therapist thinks my mom's neediness drives my control issues and past issues. i had never thought that before, but it does make sense. sometimes i wish i had a relatinshp with my dad still, but it is the dad i knew, the one who had a mroal and value system. not the one who left my mom afetr 41 yrs to ursue his "happienss". yeah, i am bitter:(

no worries on the samoas - you have been so perfect this week. it was your 20% as katie would say. what weights are you doing today? any recomendations for a total body rotation (upper) for me??:p

Morris, that is exactly how I feel. She says she wants to be well just to be able to be with her girls-my kids. I cannot imagine the pain she is in-from her back (stenosis, degenerative disk disease, bone spurs, etc.) to her knees (she needs both replaced), to her hands (arthritis) and then the depresion that is always in the background waiting for an opportune moment to attack again. And yet, I don't want to call cause everytime I do, it's something new. I just want to go shopping with her or out to lunch like my friends do with their moms. And then I get resentful of Darrin's mom who is never sick, has a very active social life, but doesn't ever call or offer to take the girls or anything, but that's a whole other story. And I'm sure her health issues are related to my hypochondria. When you're surrounded by it, it's hard not to internalize it. At least I know my dad is devoted to her, thank goodness. And you have every right to be bitter-I know I would!

Thanks for the shoulder, I needed it. And thankss for the cookie pass:) I'm thinking of doing MM-I really like that one and adding in some pull ups/chin ups. Did you read that article in the new Women's Health? I've been reading so much conflicting info about how to train. I saw someone post in one of the other Cathe forums, that there are no constants in fitness-except that we need cardio for our hearts, strength training for our bones, stretching/yoga for flexibility, etc. But that everything else is always changing and what works for one person, may not work for another. And I think what you said is right-the variety is important. I say keep switching it up and eating clean and you'll be great, unless you're trying to build more muscle or train for a competition. You might need a certain protocol for that. STS is all bodypart splits-no total body, no premixes. That's part of my fear-don't want to get bored. Sigh. I suppose I should give it a try before I scrap it, huh?

Wow, I wrote a novel here! I need to go eat something.

katie, 40 min is great!
have fun shopping today!! i miss shopping! when it gets nice enough outside im going on a SPREE!!!!

morris, no clue on the weights question. sts is splits, no total body. i do know i got AWESOME results doing the firm after i had isabel. total body, low weight, high rep.....cardio everyday, never took a rest day. i was TINY AND TONED! i also had some fierce will power thats lacking right now.

klaudia, oh, samoas! i wanted to buy some but knew id eat them all. insead i bought 4 boxes of thin mints!:rolleyes: we keep em in the freezer - so good!:eek:

ROBIN!!! you havent checked in! did you hook up w/ some stud???!!!:D
do you kiss and tell????!!!!

Hi Everyone!

Happy Valentine's Day! Thank you for all the birthday wishes. Today we are visiting GMIL since her 91st birthday is tomorrow. We will celebrate my birthday tomorrow. I will be back tomorrow for personals and to catch up with everyone.

klaudia, i feel like i could have written your post. it is just so hard to also want a "mom" again. i feel like am grieving the loss of both my parents. my mom isn't a "mom" anymore, and my dad, well, nuff said. and when i am around dh's mom, i get angry just b/c she is healthy sometimes! irrational, i know, but it is hard to be arund a normal family. anyways. mm sounds like fun - enjoy!

kate, i think it is all about the willpower, though, yours now is something fierce:) i bet you are tiny and toned as ever, but i hope healthier than at that point after isabel (was that weh you felt like you were heading towards and eating disorder?) . you are my motivator in the eats!

colleen, have fun!

work is going so slow, can you tell?;) cannot wait to get home and relax with my guys. it is sunny and beautiful but windy here

colleen, 91! is she "with it"?

morris, yes, healthier than before, but i just reallyreally want to flatten my lower abs. who doesnt tho, huh?:p slowly slowly:)

eats are clean.....my stomach still is not right:confused:

everybody off eating valentines candy??!!:p

started our cake. colored 2-8" white cakes pink & will layer& decorate it cute.
it doesnt sound good now but im sure it will later!:rolleyes:
im eating bec i know i should. nothing sounds good. better enjoy this while it lasts! makes it easy to avoid the bad stuff!

Happy Valentine's Day! Happy birthday, Colleen!

Well, it snowed here, so I used it as an excuse to not go to my parent's house today. Bad, I know, I think the roads are fine, but I didn't really want to go, ya know?

Morris and Klaudia, I totally relate to your posts. My mom was only 62 when she first started having problems and it took a few years to find out it was dementia since she was so young. I've been mourning the loss of the mom I had for several years now. And, Morris, I'm sorry about your dad, that is so tough. I don't know what to say except I want you both to know how much I appreciate your support and even though it sucks, there's a small measure of comfort in knowing other people have the same struggles. I, too, get very resentful and jealous of my friends whose moms are healthy. I try not to let it show, but it's just so unfair. My mom got sick less than a year after I started dating DH, so he never even knew the "real" her. That's makes me sad and cranky, too. Anyway, I'll stop now.

Kate, I'm glad you're feeling better. I know your mom's not in great health, either. Yuck. But, I agree you should have the Valentine dinner tomorrow.

Katie, have fun with your mom! Please don't think my comments above are directed at you! I'm happy for you that you get to spend this time with her.

Hi to Robin! I hope you have fun tonight.

I'll try to bbl.

anne

anne, repeat after me:D "i am not selfish for taking a saturday to myself!" ....repeat if necessary!:D

i cut a frozen pizza into a heart.....
i'll do something fancy tomorrow
the cake is made so at least we'll have a fun vday dessert

i think cs is on for tonight. my butt still is aching from sts3!

Thanks, Kate! I will try to remember that, I just feel guilty because I had the last two Saturdays off. It'll be fine, though, I talked to my dad this morning and he didn't want me to come if he had to worry about the drive.

Angie, I hope you feel better. Poor thing!

Klaudia, are we still on for next weekend? My schedule's getting a little mucked up. I'm pretty sure I can swing it if we are, but if we aren't it'll be okay by me.

Dinner's in the crock pot. DH made lamb curry. Mmmmmmm.

Kate, enjoy the cake and pizza!

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.