12 Weekers....keep on truckin....Thursday Jan-24

punka274

Cathlete
Good Morning ladies:)

wk 2/ day 5....still tuckin. It may just be me but im starting to see some of my muscle a bit more :eek: (yay)

Todays workout is LB,not sure which one yet!

I have my cart at Cathe.com filled up and ready to go.(those that know me,know that i buy at Cath.com in 'bulk' once a year to save on shipping)just waiting on the funds now;-)will be very soon!

this years purchases are:
SJP/SB
All three Gym Style's
The High Step 3 dvd package set
pyramids
Lowmax

Oh man,i just can't wait to get them!:7 Im in desperate need of new workouts,LOL!

ok,gotta get going bbl gaters;-)

ETA-Gayle,or anybody that has it...May I please get the mexican soup recipe! Pretty please;-) Im also making some of those pizza pitas this weekend to freeze:9

Morning Girls :) :) A very cold morning it is here. -1 !!! You have me beat Amelia.

Today's workout is:
20mins bike at moderate pace
20mins Treadmill at 7mph 7% incline with butt burners at 10mins incline up to 14% Speed at 5mph (I don't wanna fall off the hill :)
20mins Trainer Level 8

I will kill-- I mean work my abs as well :) And today is Back day using PUB and I will also use machines at the gym.

Amelia add a few things to your cart for me please :)

I need a refill--- be back in 5

Good Morning!

Ameila** Im just following you around everywhere! hehe

Kath** Have a good workout. Mixing it up like that really makes the hour fly, doesn't it?

Todays workout is going to be BM2 and UB. I haven't done that workout in a little while. All I have been doing lately is running and with my knee feeling a little funny yesterday I think its time for me to take the day off from that.If I have the time I am going to do the UB work from BM2 and 4DS UB...should be a good burner! I also need to get abs in there as well.

I took a OT shift last night, thinking I wasn't going to get to bed today b/c I wasn't going to send DS to the sitters, DH informed me last night that he is taking the day off. Mind you, he is going on snowmobile but he is hanging around until 10:30 ish so I can have a nap:) And he is also going to pick me up a coffee!!!

Eating as been good. Lets hope the scale starts moving in the right direction again:)

Lori:)

Wow,Kath-Great workout planned for today! I bet you will be soar tommorrow;-) I have to do abbs today too...ugh,hate doing abbs

Lori-lol,I think we follow each other around. Have fun with bm2+ub! Enjoy your nap too!

Lori: Yes mixing it up makes the time fly. I do it to burn a bit more . Sometimes and I'm thinking today may be one of those days where in between machines Ill insert squats. I take it you are a Tim's coffee fan?

Amelia: I'm sure I'll be a bit sore--remember I love DOMS :) This way I know I'm working it :) I'm following a running program. As much as I would LOVE to run every day..it is set up for me to do this type work out on my off days of running. I have seen a huge increase in my endurance. I know the weight is coming off cause I'm increasing my running. So far my eating has remained clean. I find if I stick with the scheduled meal times --I'm not so inclined to cheat. I'm finally seeing some abs popping through-- think I may have a four pack LOL! I know it is due to my clean eating-- they always say abs are built in the kitchen :)

Ok need to wake sleeping beauty :)

Good morning everybody!!! I’m sorry I haven’t been on the boards much the last day or 2. We’ve had a few things on the schedule for school and stuff.

(oh....and I LOVE the title of this morning's thread! LOL)

Amelia-here's the recipe for the Soutwestern Chicken Soup. Is that the one you mean???

Southwestern Chicken Soup
1 tsp olive oil
½ C frozen chopped onion
2 tsp minced garlic
2 ¼ C cooked, cubed chicken
16 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
14 oz can fat free, low sod chicken broth
8.75 oz can whole kernel corn, undrained
4.5 oz can chopped green chiles, undrained
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp ground cumin
6 T reduced fat sour cream, optional

· Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
· Add chicken, beans, tomatoes, broth, corn, chiles, chili powder, and cumin.
· Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.

Yields 6 servings, about 2 cups each, 3 WW points per serving
Numbers per serving: 188 calories, 4.8g total fat, 17.2g protein, 18.1g carbs, 4.6g fiber

Original Source: Weight Watchers Easy Weeknight Favorites cookbook

Here's another one for you to enjoy. I just made this Monday and it's DELISH!

Turkey and Black Bean Chili
1 ½ lbs ground turkey
2 C onion and green pepper, chopped
15 oz can seasoned diced tomato sauce for chili (like Hunt’s)
14.5 oz can no salt diced tomatoes, undrained
2 – 15 oz cans low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
1 T chili powder
1/8 tsp ground red or black pepper
½ C low fat sour cream (optional)

· Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add turkey, onion and pepper. Cook until turkey is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain.
· In a 4-quart slow cooker, combine turkey mixture, tomato sauce, tomatoes, black beans, chili powder and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.

Yields 8 servings, about 1 cup chili and 1 T sour cream
Numbers per serving: 220 calories, 7g total fat, 20.6g protein, 23.1g carbs, 6.7g fiber, 52mg cholesterol, 2.3mg iron, 635mg sodium, 99mg calcium

Original Source: Weight Watchers Easy Weeknight Favorites

NOW...........I need your SUPPORT!

I need you guys right now. I’m not one to complain, USUALLY! LOL But I will for just a second then I’ll get over it! I’ve been struggling with my food in the second half of the day, since Sunday. Sunday was Free Day. Then, as you know, Monday was a bad day as well. But then that spilled over into Tuesday and Wednesday. Both those days, I started off just fine and it was clear sailing thru dinner. It was AFTER dinner that I started nibbling and noshing. I did some soul-searching, which is always interesting, isn’t it? lol I realized I’m feeling out of sorts on a few things. First, I’m fighting off a cold…no big deal. Next, I always feel ‘pressured’ when I’m following an official training guide for a race (my half marathon). I actually considered just chilling out the rest of this week and the weekend, and getting control. But that doesn’t make sense to me. SO TODAY! When the alarm went off this morning, I took stock of what ‘the problem’ was and I realized THERE IS NO PROBLEM! It’s all in my HEAD! SOOOOOO…..

FRESH START! I hit the treadmill and did iTread 8. I didn’t worry about my mileage…..just the workout. DONE! Now it’s onto a strong day.

This morning I have school store for 4th grade, then back home for an hour, then to work/school. We have a basketball game tonight, followed immediately by my Book Club meeting. BBL to chat some more.

Gayle

p.s. THANKS for letting me vent and clear the air. It would have been SOOOOOOOOO easy to just NOT say anything to you guys about my flopping on my face! LOL But that’s not the answer!

Good morning everyone:

GAYLE - Vent away, girl, we are hear for you. I'm so glad you did your soul searching and realized it was nothing and to move forward. I always get like that, too, when I have a HM training schedule I need to keep - there seems to be so much pressure. That's why I'm very tentative on picking a race this spring and why I quit trying last fall for a race. You need to get past that and forgive yourself for any slip ups - because that's all they are, it isn't something you are going to continue forever. Pick yourself up and reanalyze those goals of yours. Put them in plain site - don't lose your vision of what you want. YOU CAN ACHIEVE WHAT YOU WANT. Forgive yourself, love yourself and trudge forward. :* :* We are here for you.

AMELIA - Great choice for DVD's, my birthday is coming up and I marked a bunch of Cathe's so my fingers are crossed. :7

KATH - I've got you beat, too, it's -12 here this morning. I'm getting very sick of this cold weather. I want spring! :+

LORI - Oh, enjoy that nap. I love naps, but never get any. Enjoy it!!

Today I'm doing Chest/Back and ARX. I might throw in some more cardio, but not sure if I'll have time. I need to renew my driver's license and do a little grocery shopping.

Thanks, Gayle, for those recipes - there just what I need to make. Anybody have any recipes for a 'clean' meal that I can freeze and reheat after my aerobics classes??? I usually have stir fry, but that's getting a bit old and I usually need something comforting after class.

Thanks, Marcia.

Kath-(LMAO...Soar,opps spelled that one wrong;-))
I too think eating every 2-3hrs helps me stay focused.I just hope the scale agrees with me on sat's WI!

Hi ladies, I am really getting into the swing of posting now, its a lotta fun, took me long enough to stop being shy and just lurking in the forum for those first few weeks. Ahh the never ending merry go round of food strikes again! Yesturday I was really really happy, for the first time in months the scales actually moved in the right direction by one whole kilo!! (thats 2.2.lbs in your language) You guys have no idea how long I've waited for that or how hard I've exercised! Then today, I go off to work, afternoon shift, someone says, you want some tea? I say yeah good. Three and half slices of Bar be que chicken pizza later and now I feel depressed! There is no true answer as to why we do it, other than we are mere mortals, tempted by ....that wicked temptress ...food. And prior to this post I had read your post dear Gayle, our number one gal fell off the wagon with the rest of us. Gayle, You look good! In fact, I think all you girls are great and there isn't one of you so far who is truly overweight (truly overweight.) So i've managed to wright a long long epic when all I wanted to say was "I lost a kilo"!!

Have a really great day,
Andrea

P.S I apologise if this is the second post 4 me today, my computer at work played up and so I've re-sent this garbled post

Hi, everyone!
Gayle-thanks for the recipes. I made the white chili yesterday, and it was great! I will definitely try these as well!
Today is lowmax. This will feel good after all the hard workouts I have been doing!
I really wanted to eat alot last night, but after a handful or two of goldfish, somehow I managed to stop. Yeah!! Oh, and last night my daughter had math night at school. They had a contest to guess how many hershey's kisses were in a jar. Of course, my daughter won...And the prize? Yup, the whole jar of kisses. Amazingly, I had not one, and I am sending them off to school with my daughter for show and share. (The teacher will love that, I'm sure!) Thats my food story for today!!! Take care, Nancy~~~

Nancy~You will love the southwestern soup it reminds me of brunswick stew,but with chicken...I will make the chilli recipe this weekend! Enjoy Lowmax

I Dream-Congrats on the 2.2 pds lost.Feels great when the scale starts moving agian.don't worry about the cheat yesterday,the main thing about falling off the wagon is getting back on agian! I use to always beat myself up about cheating,but now i do exactly like you say...'were human and it happens',LOL! ps.im a VERY shy person to start with,always have been,I use to be a lurker too;-)

Gayle-just like everyone says...vent away!Thats what we are here for girl;-).Thanks for the recipe's Ive got the Southwestern chicken soup recipe-it was the mexican soup one(or maybe thats what the Southwestern soup was called yesterday,LOL)I was looking for! I will make the chillie one this weekend!

Hey Marcia,my fingers are crossed with ya;-) When is your b-day?

thats all the time I have right now,bbl

Thanks guys! Again! for the support.

Marcia-funny, because this morning, as I was running, I was asking myself what is MORE important to me right now. My running, or my overall fitness and health. My answer was a VERY LOUD OVERALL FITNESS. But that leaves me in a quandry about what to do! LOL I WILl do my Half Marathon in April. I can run that distance with minimal 'hard' training, so I will truck on thru the training for the next 13 weeks. But after that, I'll have to REALLY take stock of whether I want to do a full again or not. We'll see then!

Amelia-Mexican soup? I have one called Tuscan Chicken soup. Do you have THAT one???

Gayle

p.s. My goals today: drink my gallon (at least) of water and to take it one meal at a time!

Good Morning!

Today I did Baron Baptiste's Level 3 yoga.
Wish I had time for personals. I am always in a hurry . Running late to work!

*****GAYLE******
I posted a question to you late yesterday. And then I read your whole story on the success stories. Let me know if you have anything to add to my question, though. Thank you!!
I know that YOU have the determination to get right back on track!}(
Thanks for the yummy recipes!

Have a great day everyone!
GIn:)

Amelia – You are in for a treat when those workouts arrive. They are all just great with my personal favorites being the high step ones.

Kath – Great workout, I love doing hill work on the TM.

Lori – BM2 is so much fun. I usually use premixes and have never done the whole 90 min as is.

Andrea – I know all about falling off the wagon. Can we say French bread binge? I’ll write more about it below.

Gayle – Those recipes look awesome. Great job at moving forward. You are such an inspiration.

Marcia – Oh no, renewing your driver’s license? Do you have to go and stand in line at the DMV? If so, I hope they are having a not-so-busy day.

Nancy – Low Max is such a great workout. Good job on not eating the kisses :).

Gin – How do you like Baron’s yoga workouts? I haven’t done them.

Well, I have fallen off the wagon too. I was doing so well with minimal cravings and everything. Well, yesterday DH bought freshly baked French bread and I seriously ate half the loaf for dinner. I couldn’t stop at just one piece and it was SO good. I am such a sucker for freshly baked bread. It’s just awesome. He ate about ¼ of it and I told him to hide the rest from me and make sure it is gone soon. Jeez, just when I think I am in control something comes around and shows me that I am not. I think that this binge has also started a lot of carb cravings. I went to get some coffee at Starbucks this morning and was drooling over the pastries, which IMO aren’t really that good. I so wanted one though.

When I get home tonight I am going to ride the spinning bike and use some spinvervals workout. I haven’t decided which one yet though.

Hope everyone has great days!

Oh, Gin. I'm sorry I missed it. I've been running in 20 different directions this week! I'm actually headed out the door in 2 minutes, so I PROMISE that I will check out your question and get back to you right after work/school. OK???

Gayle

Amelia: It's January 30 (38 :eek: )

I got to work and all I want to do is work on workouts for my classes next week. I'll have to do some work, but obviously my thoughts are on fitness ;-) .

Gayle - Good for you - soul searching is so cleansing I think. Really helps to put things into perspective.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Marcia.

No time for personals over slept this morning. Did Shimmy last nite it's going to take alot of practice to learn to do that. On tap for tonite is timesaver blast #3 I hope I can get the steps down to this one didn't look as complicated.

Brkfst.- cereal bar, banana
Snack- Larabar
Lunch- Chicken noodles, orange
Snack- Salad with chicken
Supper- Spaghetti made with italian sausage turkey

Have a good day everyone will report in later.

Good Morning Again!:)

Im up and have my coffee! I was sitting here starting this post on another computer, complaining about the fact that I had no coffee yet and then he magically appeared:) Maybe I should complain more often?:)

Kath** I use to be a big Tims fan but not anymore. When I was preggo with DS I hated even the smell of coffee so of course I couldn't stomach to drink it. And that when I broke my addiction to Tims. We usually brew our own but when I am getting off of night shifts I usually get my coffee at this little coffee place and I also have a shot of flavour in it. Some people don't like flavour in their coffee but I dearly love it! No clue how many cals are in that shot and I don't care! Couldn't possibly be that bad! LOL I bet your workout is all done while I am still sitting in my p.js. Won't be long now though:)

Gayle** I know it can be so hard sometimes! But you can do it, we all can do it! Prehaps I should just start saying that to myself?

Idream** Good job on the weightloss! I think we are our own worst enemies sometimes but I don't think you will gain it ALL back! How was the tea? LOL

Marcia** I use to love my naps, and even more so in the winter monthes. I don't get to have them now though cause I workout while DS naps. Before I had him I got to do both! Oh the scrafices! Are you a personnal trainer or fitness instructor? Is that your full time job or do you just do it on the side?

Gin** Enjoy your workout!

Nancy** Good job on passing up a kiss. I can't say I would have done the same though:) But you made a awesome move sending them to school! Very smart!

Karin** I think freshly baked bread would be anyones downfall! I can taste it now! So nice and fluffy! I love french bread at the grocery store to. Even if its made the day before its still so yummy!:9 I can usually stop at 2 small peices being the most but I usually only have one. You need to try BM2 in its entirity! Its such a awesome workout. My HRM reported over 600 cals burned}( but its gone haywire since then and the only reading I really liked was my outside run.It use to report 800 cals. If I wear it when doing step and I put my arms over my head (which is all the time) it loses the reading! Drives me crazy!

Roxie** Yummy meals planned and good workout!

Hope I didn't miss anyone! Scale is down today. I told you I couldn't stay off! 119.5, down 2 lbs since yesterday now I have another 2 lbs to go}(

Lori:)

I'm back :) :)

Lori: You are right-- workout is done. I'm sitting here sucking down my protein shake as I type. I am not a fan of flavour coffee. I am a fan of dunkin donuts. I grind my own at home but sometimes on weekends I'll buy one from the shoppe. My SIL loves Starbucks. So much they do not brew their own at their house. They go out every morning for one. It's a nice treat for us when we visit but I would be dying for my cup EARLY. I would go in my PJs if I had to do that every day --LOL.

Speaking of bread-- I make a very good banana bread. Very healthy and moist. I can't keep it in the house. So that's a good thing :)

I best get myself in the shower--I'm getting cold. MIL is suppose to come home today--may make her some chicken soup and maybe some of that banana bread :)

BBL

Marcia-Got any special plans? I always end up taking a rest day and a cheat day with my b-day cake(or whatever is sweet laying around,LOL)

Gayle-Ive got the tuscan soup one too! oh well,maybe im just seeing stuff,LOL :+

Karin-thats the first thing I told my DH when i started BFL. 'while im on it,except for my free day...nothing tempting in the house' LOL atleast anything that would tempt me. Fresh bread sounds delish,THAT would be hard for me to resist

I decided on doing a cardio instead of LB today,I did the 39min cardio premix on Drillmax.

ok,gotta go bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.