12-Week Check-in for Thursday, April 27, 2006

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Welcome to our new home! I love this forum. Thank you, Shelley, for suggesting it. Thank you, Cathe and Chris, for setting this up for us. :)

I was very tired after a stressful day at work. I called a friend after work then fell asleep on the living room floor. I was more exhausted than I realized. I woke up around 11:30 p.m., read the forums, and did the second segment of Total Body Stretching. My meals and snacks are packed for today, and I am steaming some lima beans now. Yes, in the middle of the night! I did not eat dinner, I am hungry, and I will need something more substantial than fruit to get me through Boot Camp. I usually do my morning workouts before I eat, but I generally need to eat something if it has been more than 12 hours since my last meal. Hopefully, I can get back to sleep now before I take on Boot Camp so I do not get so tired today.

Have a blessed day, and train hard! You are in training for life! :7 Eat clean, and drink plenty of pure water too!

Lori, congratulations! I will keep you and your blessed little one in my prayers during this pregnancy. I hope you will keep checking in with us even if it is just to share your joy. And I still want to see “after” pictures at the end of this challenge in July. ;) Pregnant women are so radiant and full of life. I peeked at your PictureTrail, and you look very fit. I am confident that you will stay in great shape during your pregnancy and bounce back better than ever.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

HERE I AM!!!!:7 :7 :7

I decided that I was going to keep checking in, why not right? My workouts won't be as crazy but my eating will probably be able to stay the same for a while.I think I am still going to keep track of my eating, that way I will know that I am not eating any junk food.Baby doesn't need it either right?

We bought a queen size bed about 2 weeks ago and since we bought it, I don't even know DH is in the bed anymore. Last night when he crawled in, he was on over on my side! He is so happy that there is a baby coming..but its a long wait! DEC 31! UGH! But time flies right? LOL

SO I am getting ready to do SB now.I thought I would something with not a whole lot of jumping until I know what I am aloud to do or not.
Does anyone know if I can eat those BFL bars I bought? I just don't know how many checmicals are in them, and I do really like them.

I will be back later! Oh...and I was down 1.5 lbs today.LOL Doesn't seem as important anymore...probably b/c I am pretty sure I will be gaining it back! hahahaha
Lori:)

Oh Yeah!!! what a great idea!!!

Heather - Sorry you are so tired - it is a blessing to rest well when feeling that way!

Lori - Congrats - I am so glad you are staying!

I am still having trouble sleeping but DH comes home tonight, that means I will sleep like a baby!!!

I did not do my best at the eating yesterday, I should not have attended the luncheon - I know me and when I see sugarladen treats....well, all my goals get so far away from my mind that all I do is eat them....

On the other hand....my workout was fantastic!

Legs and Glutes, Turbo Jam CP1 - 96 minutes, 570 calories burned HR 114 ave/158 max

Food For Yesterday
B - oatmeal, protien powder, strawberries
S - whole wheat toast, egg whites
L - grilled chicken, tortilla, lettuce, 2 macadamia nut cookies
S - Nothing - just really too full
D - protein shake, salad and strawberries

Have a great day ladies - I shall repeat -- I am going to be good, I can be good, I know how to be good, If I want to reach my goals I HAVE TO BE GOOD!

I actually get a chance to post first thing in the morning today, but that's because I only got 3 hours sleep. I tried to stay in bed longer, but I wasn't going back to sleep so I got up and did GS Legs. And can now get ready for work in a relaxed manner instead of in a hurry.

Last night I said I would take my bike out and measure the route that I jogged yesterday. Well about halfway through it the odometer quit working. The speedometer said I was going 30+ mph. (Wow, this challenge is already making a difference. LOL) At first I was going to turn around and go home, since the original purpose was to measure the route. But instead I decide I was already out so I might as well finish the loop and get the benefits of the exercise. Maybe I can go future tonight, since I didn't do any cardio this morning.

Gotta go. Hope everyone has a great day.

Jean

Good Morning Go Getters!!!

My shoulder is bothering me this morning. It is behaving like my knee at times...clicky and achy. I think I am just sleeping on it wrong or doing incline bicep curls have aggravated it. So I will not do incline bicep curls for awhile and try to sleep with pillow supporting arm. This is going to interfere with any shoulder work I may have to do, but today I will be doing extended lowmax only so that will give shoulder time to feel better. Don't think this is a sports injury type of thing. I have had this happen lots of time from sleeping wrong.

We got light frost last night...did not expect this...hope flowers will recover...GOSH! May have to buy more.

My meals:

Meal 1 oatmeal/wheat raisin toast/peanuts
Meal 2 watermelon/yogurt/4 boiled eggs
Meal 3 protein bar
Meal 4 protein shake
Meal 5 tuna fish/salad
Meal 6 Meat/green veggies

Charlotte~~

Yes Lori, I think it's great that you'll still be checking in. I wish I had had something like this with my pregnancies, but I was out of control! LOL! No food was safe around me! }(

Today I have Leaner Legs scheduled. I'm in a state of fear and trembling! :eek:

Have a good day everyone!

Heidi

Today was a 5 mile steady state run for me and then I threw in 30 min of yoga. I always enjoy yoga but I can really feel it work it's magic when I run and can stretch out my hip flexor.

charlotte- I hope my flowers recover as well. We had a touch of frost to and I just planted a huge butterfly and herb garden among other things. I thought all this crap had passed.

Lori- I'm just still so excited for you. Is this your first or second. I saw your picture trail and saw you with one little girl so I'm assuming this is your second. I bet she is so happy.

Heather- Wow to wake up and work out. You go girl

Kathy- Your a girl after my own heart. Yesterday was my unplanned cheat day. Sometimes life gets the best of you but now I'm back to basics. I hope there are no more luncheons. Two cookies is not to bad. It's two bowls of ice cream that I had that is bad. I just don't understand how my dh can let that stuff sit in the freezer for so long. Doesn't he here it call his name to. I guess not I think the ice cream only likes women. LOL Karen

I'll post food later. i have to fuel the run I just had. It was great.

www.picturetrail.co/karenvictoria

Hi, ladies....I don't have time for personals, but I read up on all of you so far!

Lori-CONGRATULATIONS!

I was up early and hit the treadmill, intending for 3 miles. This IS my taper week, right? LOL NOT!!!!!!!! I felt so good and just kept going. I figured I better stop at mile 6 or I'll be paying for it during my race! Then I did the push ups from GS Chest, followed by abs from PH!

LOVE THE NEW check-in forums!

Book Club went well last night. I did indulge in a few things, but nothing overboard, and certainly within my limit of self-control. I mostly stayed with cheese and fruit. But I did 'allow' myself a taste of a few things that I wouldn't normally make at home. I steered clear of the boxed recipes (brownies, cake, dip, etc)

Gayle

Gayle, isn't it great when you can indulge a little with wisdom, and walk away without any guilt? I think that's a recipe for success rather than totally depriving yourself in those situations. A little nip here and there isn't going to hurt you in the long run.

But I hear you on avoiding total crap (boxed stuff), there's no point in eating those.

Heidi

Yeah, Heidi. I have nothing against the boxed stuff, and I know that some people (my best friend, for instance) doesn't have the time or patience to make something from scratch. BUT....I figure I can make that myself any ol' day so why have it at a special occasion.

Gayle

Good morning, ladies! I haven't been checking in regularly because it's really hard for me to keep up when the thread gets really long, but I thought I would say hello, and you are all doing great!! Very inspiring.

I had a rough day at work yesterday and ended up bagging my workout. I would have felt better had I done it, I know, but I just had zero energy. Today I will do either L&G (which was scheduled for yesterday) or KPC. We'll see what I feel like in a bit. I think it's important when you're emotionally off-kilter to pick the workouts you like the most. :)

Have a good day, all!

Marie

Good Morning all!! We are all doing so well! Facing temptation and having just a small amount (or none) and keeping it reasonable!! I also went to a function last night ...a party for my son's preschool. It was potluck, but something from your culture, so I tried a few things that I wouldn't have tried otherwise. I didn't overdo it, though. The dessert table was HUGE!!! I didn't even have a bite!

I went home and did BootCamp. This morning I am down 5 pounds...I know it is just from all the bloating from before, but this is about 3 days before TTOM for me, so I feel good!

I plan on a 3 mile run today with the kids.

Love the new forum!
Jenn

Hello Meltdown chickies!!

Gayle- good job on avoiding the processed stuff. don't think i could have had that type of willpower.

Seems like everyone is having another great week! I love this check-in forum. makes it so much easier to find the check-in(s) you are looking for.

This morning i did the elliptical for 45 min. and when i get home i will do MM upperbody split. i can't wait. i have some serious DOMS from ps legs yesterday. my ds woke from his nap right before i was about to complete this workout with the abs section so i put him on top of my tummy and did my sit-ups:)

Jenn- down 5 lbs, you go girl!!

Good Morning!

Everyone starts so bright and eary! :eek: I LOVE this check-in! It is really keeping me motivated!

Today is a run and MM.

(12 weeks is a long time, LOL)

Heather J

Hey Chickies!

Thanks for MORE congratulations.People are so excited for us its unbeleivable. There are only girls on DH's side so if this is a boy...it could be a little spoiled!:eek:

I only did a short workout today.I think I am goin to take it easier until the crapping in my stomach goes away.Its not as bad as it was yesterday so it is getting better!:)

Karen, this is my 2nd.I had her when I was only 17 and I didn't met DH until I was 19 so this is our first together although he as raised her.She is really excited.I wasn't sure what to expect b/c she didn't want to heat anything about babies.But she is so happy!

I will check back later.I am going to go for a walk after lunch.

Lori:)

Lori, I remember when I had my third little girl. The other two were 6 and 4 so they knew they were having a little sister. It made it so much fun when they came to the hospital to see her and they actually got to see that she wasn't in there anymore. I'm so happy for you!!!!

Food today

B- kashi cereal w/ skim milk
S- fat free vanilla yogurt
L- veggie burger on ezheil bread with mushrooms and tomatoes

Planned Snack at 3:00

ff cottage cheese and protein shake with soy milk
D-chicken breast, sweet potato, broccoli
S- bfl bar

Karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Well, I finally finished MM.... I still have to run. Today has been one of "those days".

Lori, congrats again.... I registered my youngest for pre-school today..they grow so fast.:)

Heather J

I am glad to have a new forum.
Today's meals
1-cereal
2-whey shake with skim milk
3-cottage cheese with pineapples
4-lasagna-salad
5-will be a whey shake after powercut class
and maybe something else don't know yet.
workout was cardio coach 6 the one min intervals twice about 25 min workout and powercut at the gym.
way to go girls!

Hey Ladies (Get Funky!),
Sorry, I always have a song in my head :) Good to see everybody is doing well. So far my week has been great. I've really suprised myself. I haven't really had any food struggles. DH brought home chocolate 2 bite cupcakes from WholeFoods last nite. I had just 1 bite. IT WAS SO DELICIOUS! I really could have eaten all 12 of them=24 bites haha:7 But I don't know, I just put the 1/2 that was left down and walked away, even though it tasted so good. This is my first week ever doing Cathe and I'M LOVING IT! Her workouts are tough! That Imax2 was really confusing, but I know I'll get better on the step. Did Bootcamp yesterday, great workout, I'm feeling it today. I'm getting my TurboKick Certification on Sunday, so I'll take Saturday as my rest day.

Lori-congratulations. How many years will be between your children. I have a 10 year old(girl) and a 2 year old(boy). They adore each other, it is so cute!

Food for Today
B-oatmeal,blueberries,
S-mango,yogurt,flax,protein smootie
L-hummus,fakin bakin,lettuce,tomato,red onion,cucumber on tortilla
S-apple, 2 slices low-fat cheddar
D-coconut curry tempeh,brown rice,salad

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.