12 Week Challengers, Wednesday 01/16

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning, everybody! Happy Hump Day. We’re in the middle of THIS WEEK! What week is it for YOU? HANG IN THERE! Our journey is still in the beginning stages. I don’t want anybody getting discouraged about anything. Just keep moving forward and KEEP ON TRUCKIN’! It’s going to take determination and dedication to hit our 12 week challenge goal….and another one after that.

PERSEVERANCE!

Here are a few quotes I like on perseverance:

[font color=purple]
Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.~Josh Billings

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. ~Newt Gingrich

If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking. ~Buddhist Saying​
[/font]

My workout this morning is DONE! I did upper body (BFL-style) and increased my weights just a bit. My arms are a'shakin'! lol

Have an awesome day! I'll BBL this afternoon to chat some.

Gayle

Morning Girls --

Today's workout for me is a 5mile tempo run at the gym's track. 11 degrees here this morning-- no running outside--bits will freeze :)
I'm also working my triceps to PUB and ME.

Amelia: How's the BFL challenge going for ya? I see everyone talking about these protein pancakes-- I may have to try the recipe. I am not a fan of pancakes-- but maybe this recipe wil change my mind.

Andrea: So your DD is going on 15 huh? :) I have a 18yr old who thinks she is like 25 :) Actually Im pretty lucky the kids are very good. She does know how to work her Dad though to get some money for clothes shopping :)

Karin: Good luck on your weigh in.

Lorrie: Good Lord what time do you go to bed at night? You are up at 4:10--!! Wow--I'm up at 5 most days and sometimes find it hard to stay up past 10. LOL!

Kelly S: Congrats on finishing Phase 1. That's so great DH is doing this with you. What changes are made to Phase 2?

Gin: Im impressed with your drive. Stick with your workouts and clean eating you will see results. Sometimes a tiny change like 10mins more cardio or a healthier snack tossed in some place is all that is needed.

Suzanne: You DOM lover you :)I too write my meals down. It's amazing when you do so. Don't you find it keeps you on track better?

Jonahnah: I'm so ready to pre-order. DH told me just go order the thing--yes he said thing LOL. He told me not worry about the charge, it's something I want. Hmmm think he would mind if I take the $350 I made in book sales and shop ? }(

Ok time to flip loads of wash and see if sleeping beauty is going to get her butt out of bed for school.

Have a terrific Wednesday.
I shall return after workout :)

Good morning everyone!

Day 19 of 12 Week Challenge.

I want to say hi to all those people who checked in last night. A number of us seem to be having trouble with the scale. What if we ignore the scale for a few days and just concentrate on doing our best. :)

They kicked my butt at the Dojo last night. We formed lines and did 25 fast punches on the bag, then back in line for 10 runners, 10 pushups and repeated a few times. Then we did 15 roundhouses, 15 situps and repeated a few times. I was dripping sweat by then. Love it! :7

This morning I did 4DS CST. I upped my weights from last week and really felt it this morning.

Stay positive everyone.

Sue

Good Morning!

My workout today is going to be atleast a 4 mile run and GS legs (heavy) I have to work tonight so I slept in a little today. I will do my workout after lunch. Im thinking of Fri of doing 4DS UB premix instead of the pyramid...they bore me to tears!

Gayle** This is week 3 but my eating as only been cleaned up this past week. I did have a cookie last night after supper but Im telling you...that is NOTHING compared to the sugar I have eaten in the last month! Good job on the workout!

Meals today are as follows:
M1-Protein pancakes
M2-Pita pizza
M3-Shake w/pb and chocolate pudding (my version of reeses peices)
M4-Salad,chicken breast,sweet potatoe
M5-? Not sure. I will be working. If the weather clears up I may go buy some BFL bars.

BBL
Lori:)

Quick-Quick check in until I get to work. I got up at 4:45AM!!! :7 :7 and did Shoulders and Arms X. Tonight I have a walking interval class and a step class that I'm teaching so the cardio will be coming.

Be back later,
Marcia.

Good Morning,

This is week 3 for me. I have been very consistent with my workouts and eating. Although, I still feel guilty for eating too much on my free day.

Today is upper body for me. I have been doing PUB for the past 2 weeks so I might try something different today.

I bit the bullet and pre-ordered the STS series. I also did the 3 pymt plan, it was only $10.00 more and that way my DH won't freak out on me.

Jonahnah - The S/H leg workout is only about 30 minutes or so. It also had a shoulder w/o on it.

Gayle or anyone else - Where can I find a receipe for mini egg quiches?

THanks - Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

Hope you girls don't mind me popping in?

Here is the recipe for the mini egg quiches! Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS

* 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
* 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
* 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
* 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
* 1/4 cup diced onion
* 3 drops hot-pepper sauce (optional)

DIRECTIONS

1. Microwave the spinach for 2 1/2 minutes on high. Drain the excess liquid.
2. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.
3. Combine the egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, and spinach in a bowl. Mix well. Divide evenly among the muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Thanks so much Belinda. I have been seeing so many of the Gals eating them and they do sound delicious. I will be making those tomorrow..

Carolyn

Good Morning Everyone,

I wish I could get up early and exercise like the rest of you, but the bed is warm and the covers feel good, and it's dark and cloudy here. We are expecting anywhere from 3-7 inches of snow, I hate snow. Iam on oxygen rounds today so I will be out of town an there is no place to eat where Iam going.

Brkfst.- cereal, grapefruit,and toast
Snack- yogurt and banana
Lunch- salad with tuna
Snack- LaraBar and apple
Supper- Baked Ziti from a recipe in Light and Tasty

Tonites workout is Body Fusion

Sue it sounds like they worked you really hard last nite. I hope you are not to sore today.
Well Iam off to work have a good day everyone.

>
>
>Thanks so much Belinda. I have been seeing so many of the Gals
>eating them and they do sound delicious. I will be making
>those tomorrow..
>
>Carolyn

Carolyn ,it's funny! I was looking for the recipe this morning! Glad I could help! Enjoy!

Have a good one ladies,
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hi everyone! I did my weigh-in this morning and I lost 2.5 lbs in 2 weeks. Not what I was hoping, but considering I had 4 fast food meals last week due to traveling, I guess that I shouldn't complain. I am happy the scale is moving in the right direction.

I didn't get up early to do my workout today. I was really tired. Today is a core/yoga/stretch/ballet day, basically I can do whatever I feel like. I think that I am going to try to get on the bike for 20 min and then do the core and foam roller section of Fitness Fix Intermediate. I also might add in some knee PT exercises.

Hope everyone has a great day and I hope to have time for personals on the weekend.

Morning!

Thanks Jonahnah! That HIS is definitely a challenge and some days I "get" it and other days I'm flying all over the living room trying not to break any bones. Yesterday was a day like that.

I know that if I want to make any real progress I'll need to be more consistent (thanks 12 week challenge!) with tracking the weight, and the weights, and the food.

Last night SO and I had a Pizzeria Uno pizza and I'm afraid to write that one in my diet journal, but I will. :-(

Great quotes Gayle!

Kath, yes I do find myself avoiding some (not all) poorer choices because a.) I don't want to write it down and b.) I already have an idea of how many more calories and fat grams I can "fit" in my day.

Back up to 130 today but I'm going to let it slide.

I do have some chest DOMS this morning but nothing in the back. Not surprising since I know my weights for back aren't heavy enough.

Not sure what's on tap for today's w/o. I'd like to do a 4DS but not sure if I'll have time.

So maybe a Timesaver or I might try a yoga from a DVD I checked out of the library.

Great days everyone!

Good Morning everybody:7

This is day 4 for BFL challenge for me!

Todays workout was Imax2 premix 1-5,felt good and i didn't have to modify this time(happy dance)that last blast is killer!

Kath-I loved the protien pancakes,there really good! I did put a small drizzle of Sf syup on them though,but I got an idea from lori to put berries on them:9 .And they smell so good while there mixing! I don't like cottage cheese but they were good!

Karen-2.5ps is AWESOME,congrats:)

Coralyn-Have fun with your UB workout!Congrats on preordering STS,im still deciding on that one!

Roxie1965-Have fun with body fusion,Great workout!Sorry about the snow,I haven't seen any snow down here in years...please send some over to GA;-)

Marcia-WOW on the early bird workout,you go girl;-)

Lori-How did your workout go,you got a whopper planed;-)

Sue-Great workout ! WoW just reading it makes me tired!

Gayle-This thread has been so modivational for me(all my check-ins are)Thank you agian for starting it! I won't get dicouraged as long as I have so many wonder ladies supporting me:)

alright,gotta go take a shower,clean house and go to school bbl

Hey Suzanne,we must of posted the same time...im also going to let my scale slide.the 1 1/2 pds i lost is back!Have fun with whatever workout you choose!

Good morning everyone! I am reading about weight loss and killer workout you are are awesome!

Today's workout was kickbox from 4ds. I love this workout, then again, kickbox has to be my favorite form of cardio.

Belinda, Thanks for the receipe!

Have a wonderful day everyone and keep up the great work:)

Hi, everyone! Quick check-in. KP&C today, followed by CM#3. Felt great. Eating going well! Yahoo! I'll check back later, Nancy J.~~

Good morning everyone. I've decided to pretty much ignore my scale for the rest of the week and just focus on clean foods and my workouts. Eventually I'll get where I need to be and I DO feel better anyway.

Got up and did the cardio and Core portions of 4DS kickbox today. I was AWAKE early enough to do the legs too, but by the time I actually made it out of bed I didn't have the time anymore. Sigh. I'll get legs in tomorrow even though it's a yoga day.

I have today's food all planned and it's not too bad (esp. if you ignore the bagel & cream cheese :))
B: bagel, 1.5T cream cheese, grapefruit, coffee w/ skim milk
L: 3oz salmon, broccoli, bulgur pilaf, mango slices
S: popcorn, yogurt, fruit or a smoothie
D: egg burritos (eggs, green chile stew & a little cheese)

That's all I know for today - I'll try to check back later. Have a great day everyone!

Hi guys. Super quick check-in to say I love the idea of forgetting the scale for a bit and just being focused.

I did not get up early - knew the kiddos were in school (DS is in preschool on Wednesdays) so I slept. Now - of course - I'm feeling rushed - that's WHY I like to get up early.

SOOOOO - I'm revisiting the circuits for a few weeks. Today I did HSTA on the new incline risers - WOW that was different - and hard. Kinda' cool though. Then - I did Fluidity - haven't done an actual Fluidity w/o in quite a while - ahhhhhhhhh - felt great! Now off to shovel the snow and ice off the driveway before the really cold temps and heavy snows come this weekend. BBL. Keep it up all!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Good Morning Challengers!

I did HSC this morning. I am all excited! I bought a pair of Lucky Jeans back in October, and stupidly removed all the tags. You can imagine how upset I was when they were too tight. But, oh they were cute! So, into the back of my closet they went. Well, I’m wearing those jeans today, and they are not even tight! I’m so excited! I’m down 2 pound pounds for a total of 8 (I’ll change my ticker on official weigh in days, though). Thanks for keeping me on track all of you lovely ladies!!!

Gayle – again, thanks for starting this! I’m LOVING the support! Love the quotes, too!

Kath – Good job on the 5 mile tempo run – those are fun (and boring). I do wish my gym had a track though – would help on those icky days.

Sue – I miss my Tae Kwon Do days! Sounds like a great workout yesterday and today! I say ignoring the scale is a great idea!

Lorie – that’s a killer workout! Nice menu there, too! How’s it going for you, my fellow Cheetah?

Marcia – WAY TO GO on getting up early and getting in your workout! Have fun with your classes!

Carolyn – I try to give myself a cheat meal, not a cheat day, but I’m on WW not BFL. I love those little mini quiches!

Thanks Belinda!

Roxie – That’s one thing I really like about living in the Bay Area – no snow unless I drive to Tahoe. That’s a convenient way to not eat – have no food available. :+ Good meal plan!

Karin – 2.5 pounds is much better than going the opposite direction! Have fun with your free workout day! Sounds like a fun plan!

Suzanne – I think everyone needs a cheat meal every now and again. Pizza is always a good one. The scale will go down again tomorrow after a day of clean eating.

Amelia – Oh, I love IMax 2! Good job not having to modify! I’m with you – this is a very motivational thread!

SJM – I’m with you – I LOVE Kickbox! I just got weighted gloves to add some extra punch.

Nancy – Nice workout! Glad you’re feeling well and eating is going well!

Andrea – I do that, too – get up early then end up puttering around and the next thing I know I’m cutting things short. Frustrating, but hey, what can ya do? Your dinner burritos sound great! Enjoy!

Lorrie – Don’t you hate that? Well, at least you’re feeling refreshed. Did you do the cardio of HSTA on the risers too? That would be interesting. I do enjoy HSTA. Enjoy shoveling.

I’m kind of a little hungry today, so I popped in here for some motivation. I cannot tell you how many times that I get to this point and then think, “Oh well, I can have that *insert bad thing here* because I’ve been sooo good.” That leads to feeling icky and bloating and not motivated so I don’t workout as hard, and then I’m more hungry the next day, so I eat more, etc, etc, etc. I want to avoid that. I am doing lunch with DH today, but I know where I’m going offers a salad with salmon or chicken, so I’ll get that with a vinaigrette on the side. So thanks for the motivation ladies!!!

Good Afternoon!

Today I did Baron Baptiste's Level 1 yoga. The rotation that I am following has every 4th day a yoga/stretch/rest day. I am not used to that many rest days.

This is my 2nd week of the 12 weeks.

I just came home from a brown bag lunch and watched several eat big piles of goldfish crackers and Cheez-its and diet drinks for their lunch! I was not wanting any of that. That's a good thing!:)

QUESTION****Do you do more cardio or more weights?? Which gives you better results??

Gin:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.