12 Week Challengers, Wednesday 01/16

I just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone. This is day 16 of the challange and I am off track. The eating, if I could ever get that down look out. I have been slipping a little on the exercise but it is time to get back at that as well. Thank you guys for helping me to stay focused and for your support. Back at it today is a 50min bike ride.

Quick check in then I am off to make dinner:

WO was 4DS Bootcamp. First time through and my arms are burning! Eats have been good considering I have had a very long and tiring day with my kiddos. I am about 2 seconds away from ripping open a bag of Hershey Kisses and chugging a bottle of champagne. BUT I know that will not help the weight come off, although, it might make me fat and happy! :p Only momentarily though.

I have switched over to a 4DS rotation and am really enjoying it. I need to invest in some heavier dumbbells.

Have a great hump day all!

I don't have much time to post, but I wanted to let you all know about Beloved Heather's awesome post in the Ask Cathe forum....I know she's been busy and hasn't "checked in" with the check in recently, but you won't regret going and reading about her day!

Kath--The goal of the SBD is essentially to teach people to eat clean: lean protein, fruits and veggies, and whole grains/complex carbs. Phase 2 adds back in fruits and limited amounts of whole grains. Weight loss is still a goal in this phase, so white flour and sugar are on the no-no list, as well as anything high in bad fats. The last phase of the "diet" is basically clean eating and is maintainence. Have birthday cake if you want, or go out for ice cream--but rarely. At least, that's how it supposed to work! :D

Amelia--how's your SBD plan going?

Kelly S.

Quick drive by post from me after last night's epic :p!

I did Step Blast (warm up thru 1st challenge, no blast) then decided to try to learn HIS. Well, I got through the warm up. Legs feel leaden. Still plan to do CTX triceps and some ab work (probably SJP) later.

Hump day is almost over and it sounds like everyone is continuing to make very good choices for themselves re: eating and working out. I made the protein pancakes today and they were yummy with my low sugar, homemade strawberry jam!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Hey all - no time for personals right now - I'm headed for town to teach my first walking/interval class followed by teaching my regular intermediate step class. I'm sooooo excited to see how this new class goes, I know my mom will be there so I will have one cheerleader.:7

I'll be back afterwards unless I'm too tired to type. ;-)

Take care,
Marcia.

Hi Amelia! Hi Christine!

I have to take back what I said about back DOMS. They crept up on me this afternoon.

Today I settled on Timesaver #5 the legs and abs one. Again wrote down my weights.

Have a nice, light meal selected for Wednesday date night. Forgot to buy good ice cream so that fixes the dessert problem! :p

Marcia - good luck with your class!

Becca - I need new heavier dumbbells too. More $$ to spend....

Better get to my evening prep.

Good night everyone!

Hey Ladies!

Back to report my workout and my meals!

My workout was a doozy today. I ended up doing 4DS UB, going REALLY heavy. If Cathe used 15 lbs, I used 20 lbs,if she used 10 lbs, I used 12 lbs...you get the drift. Everything other then the chest work of course, b/c I don't have 30 lbs db's. Then I did a 5 mile run..THEN GS legs standing work. Using 45-50 lbs for squats,15 lbs db's for lunges and so on....I have a feeling I am going to be very sore in the morning. Actually, it is setting in already!

My meals looked like this:

M#1-3 pancakes,2 tbsp lite syrup,1 tbsp ff yogurt (9)
M#2-All bran bites (just a little something before a workout)(12)
M#3-1 pancakes,cottage cheese and fruit/a chocolate LOL (4)
M#4-Chicken breast,salad and 1/2 c of rice,1/2 cookie (6)

Marcia** Good job on getting up bright and early! Are you tired? I usually get lazy around mid day when I am at work and I need to have a 15 mins nap, although thats not possible!

Trish** Did you get the recipe? Im not sure if it was posted in todays thread or yesterdays. If you can't find it, let me know!

Carolyn** I think I am going to do the 4DS UB premix in place of the pyramids. I get bored doing the same thing over and over so I know wher you are comming from.

Belinda** That quiche recipe sounds yummy. I may have to make some of my days off and freeze them. Thats my new thing...making and freezing!

Karin** 2.5 lbs in 2 weeks isn't bad. If anything I would think thats right where you should be. But we wouldn't be female if we didn't wish to wake up in the morning and be 10 lbs lighter cause we skipped a meal;)

Roxie** Nice eating plan, hope you get your workout in!

Story** That 1 lbs is probably water retention from the pizza you ate last night. Don't fret!

SJM and Kaylasmom** Hope you had good workouts!

Amelia** Ive talked to you enough today, I don't need to post here to!;) LOL

Lorie** I love circuit work, the time just flies

Andrea** Nice menu..looks yummy! DId you stick to it? Mine always changes as the day progresses.

Christine** So excited for you! The next thing you know those jeans will be to small for you! hehe

Gin** I do more cardio. I usually get 2 UB workouts a week and maybe one LB. I keep putting LB off! Hate it!But I have no cellulite and my legs are smaller so I must be doing something right!

Kelly** Thanks for letting us know, I will go read heathers post!

Becca** Somedays it can be hard I know. There are days I feel like shoveling food into my mouth and its always worse when I am in a rush! Hopefully you behaved yourself!:)

Johannah** Yep, the week is almost 1/2 over. I have been doing pretty good this week with my eating. The chocolates in the house are finally starting to disappear!!!

Have a good night everyone!
Lori:)

Sorry....no time for personals...but HELLO everyone !!!

This morning was GS CHest and Tri's. Increased my weight on TRi's!!

No wine since before new years!! I do sometimes wish for a glass...but keep repeating in my head "when your body's burning alcohol, it's not burning fat"

~E

Hey, Everyone!
It sounds like we're all getting motivated with this check-in. I haven't had time in the last couple of days to post much, but knowing you are all doing this with me keeps me going! Today I did a little over half of Rhythmic Step. It's fun, but I had trouble concentrating on the second half of the choreography, so I just jumped around and ran in place for a while. Meals today weren't bad--toast and egg whites for breakfast, small wheat pita with turkey and low-fat cheese for lunch, granola bar for snack (should have chosen fruit or yogurt!), and soup and sandwich for early dinner. We ate dinner at 5:30, so if I can go the rest of the evening without eating anything except maybe 1/2 grapefruit, I'll be doing okay. Hope you all are having a great week. Thanks for the motivation and inspiration!
Valerie
:)

Holy COW, Lori! I'm sore, just thinking about that workout of yours!

Good night, ladies!

I'm just going on record for tomorrow's planned EARLY morning workout. I'm going to be working out NO LATER THAN 5AM. On tap are:

iTread 13 Sprints,
iTread 26 Tempo
Core Max 2 on ball
Stretch Max 3 with band.

That's the plan....I'm sticking to it!

Gayle

I'm am WIPED!!!!!!!!!!!!! (panting).........

I was so excited for my step class that I worked them (and myself) HARD. My body is so tired right now, I will definitely sleep good. I can already feel my legs are getting sore, gotta love those DOMS.

The walking interval class went well and I'm ready to kick that off officialy next week. ;-)

Well, it's off to help DS study some more, finish the dishes, have some broccoli and hit the hay.

Tomorrow morning IF I can get my body up and moving after today's workouts I plan on Turbo Jam Cardio Party. That should jazz me up for the day. :7

Nighty-night everyone!
Marcia.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.