12 Week Challenge....Friday Jan-25

punka274

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!

so,today is week two/ day 6 in BFL challenge!
feels good to know that tommorrow is my free day:7
and tommorrow is my WI day too.everybody cross there fingers;-)

Today is Lowerbody
I hope everybody has a lovely day:)
ok,bbl

Morning :)

It's Friday :) :) :)

Today is an easy 4mile run at the gym. Followed by ab stuff and working my shoulders this morning. W00t!

Amelia *fingers crossed* for ya. Hope you see some good results :)

It's 4 here this morning. We are having a heatwave :)

BBL

Good Morning everyone!:)

It was just the other day I was thinking..."winter is half over and no one as had the cold!" I guess I spoke to soon b/c last night before bed my troat was really itchy and DH had to go get me some Halls! Today its worse of course but this hot coffee is helping:9 I just hope I don't get it to bad, I usually don't. And I really hope no one else gets it, especially DS!

Todays workout is straight cardio and abs:) My legs felt like they weighed 100 lbs each when i got up today. Anyone else ever feel like that?

Ameila** I will be waiting to see what the scale tells you tomorrow! Hopefully your scale will be nicer to you then mine is to me:)

Kath** Have a good workout! I worked my shoulders hard yesterday! Im kinda feeling it but not to much though.

Well...I will confess to! Another one fell off the wagon! DH wanted to go on snowmobile last night with his friends and I should have just let him go. That doesn't sound right does it? He is a grown man so he could have went if he wanted to but I reminded him of that fact that I worked the night before with 3 more night shifts ahead of me. He stayed home and whipped out the chips and a bar.For the past few monthes I never bothered with this stuff so why is it catching my eye now? Probably b/c Im telling myself Im not allowed to have it where as before, I ate whatever I wanted...but I never wanted it! Now that I am telling myself I am not "allowed" to have things,thats when I want it and I think this is where the 2 lbs weight gain came from.Atleast I think this is whats going on. I never use to eat in the night time either but since starting this challenge I find myself going to the cupboard in the night time...very weird. I hoping to get back on track though. Prehaps I should just focus on eating more protein, and some good workouts? So over the weekend Im not going to tell myself I can't have anything and lets see how that goes.

Must check in with the rest of my friends! I probably won't get my workout in until this afternoon!

Lori:)

Good morning all:

Today is a rest day for me. I put a rotation together and this morning looked at it and realized I didn't have a rest day in there. So, today is the day. I did cardio three days in a row and last night Turbo Jam Sculpt, so I'm ready for a rest day.

Today is a teacher workday so DS is staying home while I'm at work. I'm not a teacher, I am the executive assistant to the superintendent, but I still have to go. x( I could've used a day at home.

Anyway, tonight I bartend and tomorrow DS has a basketball tourney. So, things are shaking out to be busy as usual.

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll try to get back a little later.

Marcia.

P.S. Weigh-in today, I'll be back with the results.

OK,Question....this is the BFL weight training system:

"Official Body-for-LIFE Weight-Training Plan
-Weight train intensely, three times per week on alternating days with aerobic exercise three times per week. Make sure to hit your "high points" during your workout.
-Alternate training the major muscles of the upper and lower body.
Perform two exercises for each major muscle group of the upper body.
-Select one exercise and conduct five sets with it, starting with a set of 12 reps, then increasing the weight and doing 10 reps, adding more weight and doing 8 reps, adding more weight for 6 reps. Then reduce the weight and do 12 reps. Immediately perform another set of 12 reps for that muscle group using the second selected exercise.
For each muscle group, rest for one minute between the first four sets. Then complete the final two sets with no rest in between, wait two minutes before moving on to your next muscle group, complete this pattern five times for the upper body training experience and four times for the lower body training experience.
Always plan your training before hand.
Record all your weightlifting exercised in a journal indicating the exercise selected and weight lifted."

so I will have to repeat these reps FOUR TIMES today? :+ and do I do these reps with Hams,then with Quads,then with Calves! Im a little slow today,LOL!

Lori-Sorry the wagon 'bumped' you off,now its time to get back on with a vengence}( Your workouts are Amazing....you have probably just gained water! Watch,the scale will be back down and then some by monday!

Kath-Have a good workout today! And a good day:)

Hey guys. Drive by post. Head is all clouded with this head cold and I'm trying to talk myself into NOT working out because of it....but the guilt! lol I slept in, and after the kids get on the bus, I'm going to tackle High STep Training Advanced. Not BFL. But this entire week has been weird anyway, so why not, right? I know I SHOULD rest, but that will come Sunday.

Sorry I've been MIA. Things should settle down after work today.

Amelia & Gin-I PROMISE to answer your questions later. PROMISE! I've just been going in so many directions this week!

BBL

Gayle

Hi, everyone!
I have a cold too, like so many others. Still able to workout, though. Today is abs, and High Step training/adv. This one always kicks my butt!!! Ok, I will not eat any goldfish or junk tonight! No major binges lately, just mild snacking. Have a great weekend!!! Nancy~~

Marica-Enjoy your rest day,How did your WI go?

Gayle,bummer on the head colds..ugh my DD has one too!:-(

Nancy-You have a cold too? mmmmmm maybe there is some weird cyber cold going around;-)

ok,time to go flip the Ppancakes,then workout,then clean the house..blah,blah,blah;-)

Add me to the list of colds....my throat is scratchy and head is stuffy. I was planning on heading out to a yoga class, but it is zero degrees outside. I about froze taking ds to school today. I think I will stay in.

Amelia, good luck with that weigh in. I hope that the scales are kind to you!

Kath, I don't think I have ever used the words "4 mile easy run" in one sentence:eek: Sounds like a good workout!

Lori, sorry to hear about the "wagon accident". CLimb back on and join the crowd. I have to completely avoid the kitchen at night time. I am a late night snacker, typically. Going to bed early, chewing gum and brushing my teeth early seem to help. I don't care what anyone says, drinking water DOES NOT make me feel less hungry! x( Are you getting enough sleep. You have one jam packed schedule and I hope you are finding time to rest in there.

Marcia, enjoy your rest day, can't wait to hear WI results!!

Nancy and Gayle and all the other sickos, hope you all feel better soon!

Today's WO will be Total Body Stretching and maybe some abs if I'm feeling up to it. I just enjoyed an egg white omelette with cheese and veggie sausage. :9 Tonight will be a challenge, I am going to a game night for my MOPS group and there will be lots and lots of not very healthy snacks. I shall do my best, but DH will be with me and he is a bit of an enabler.

Have a great day, all!

Amelia – What lower body workout do you have planned for today? Do you plan your cheat days out or do you just go with the flow?

Kath – Above 0 degrees, yes that is a heat wave! Keep hydrated :).

Lori – I hope you aren’t feeling too badly today. Get some rest. I too am having huge problems in the night time. I think that you might be onto something. Before, I was eating whatever, whenever. Now, I don’t want to eat after dinner and the cupboards just call to me all night.

Marcia – Good luck with the weigh in. I hope the scale is good to you.

Gayle – I hope that your cold isn’t slowing you down too much.

Nancy – I love HSTA.

Becca - I don't have TBS, but was thinking about getting it. Do you like it? DO you have stretch max too? Which do you prefer?

Last night I did Suffer-O-Rama, which is a spinervals workout on my spin bike. Isn’t that name hysterical? OMG, this workout was hard. I was dying by the end. Also, the DVD case said that it was 45 min long, but it was 53 min. How can they lie to me like that :)? Today is a rest day and I am so excited. I hadn’t been working out too regularly before the challenge and to go from that to 6 days a week has been tough, but so far I am hanging in there.

I didn’t do too badly with eating last night. I made some whole wheat pasta with tomatoes, broccoli, and garlic. It was pretty yummy and very filling.

Happy Friday!!

Good Morning!

Today I did 4ds w/u, 4ds Back and Bis and p90x Core Synergistics. This is the only p90x workout I own (bought from ebay).
Today at school we have our annual Backwards Day so I am wearing my shirt and pants inside out and backwards with 2 different socks, shoes and earrings. I look like a big goon, but I teach 4 year olds, so what does it matter??:7

Gayle--Don't worry about answering me. I know how busy you are. So whenever you have the time. Thanks!!

Hi to everyone!
It is pouring here in TX. Bad weather for Cathe to fly back in.:-(
Gin:)

Good Morning Everyone,

I didn't get up early to exercise so I will have to do it when I get home. Iam convinced my body does not want me to wt. less then 123lbs it seems to be stuck there, I'm 5'0 so I feel like I wt. to much.

Brkfst-boiled egg, toast, and grapefruit
AM snack-Larabar and banana
Lunch-homemade chicken and noodles
PM snack- orange and salad
Supper-pizza

Tonites workout kickboxing on timesaver #4

Gin-First, I’m sorry it’s taken me until today to answer your question from Wednesday. BUT….here’s my answer. I truly believe the SUCCESS of any program depends MOSTLY ON BEING CONSISTANT! Really. Being consistant with clean eating and a balanced workout program, in my unprofessional opinion, is what is going to get you where and what you want. So, eat BFL-style, workout with Cathe. Or eat P90X-style and workout with gym equipment. I really think the ‘magic pill’ is made up of clean eating and a strong effective workout program, and CONISTANCY! Hope that helps.

Amelia-here’s an example of what the BFL weight pyramid looks like. Let’s use chest work as an example:
chest press: 12 reps with 15#s; rest 1 minute
chest press: 10 reps with 20#s; rest 1 minute
chest press: 8 reps with 25#s; rest 1 minute
chest press: 6 reps with 30#s; rest 1 minute
chest press: 12 reps with 15#s; NO REST then IMMEDIATELY
chest flies: 12 reps with 30#s
That last set should be an all-out max effort, and the goal is to “hit your 10”…which means that you couldn’t possibly eek out one more rep. Hope that helps some.

For all of us "sickos"......let's be careful. I started HSTA this morning, but halfway thru just had to stop. My nose was flowing like a river and my head was just POUNDING! I hate to say it, but I think I'm taking a rest day or 2 this weekend. I HATE TO SAY THAT. But I do NOT want to be out longer than needed. Working in the school's cafeteria, we're having SOOO many kids throw up and so many empty tables because a bug is just going around and around. Thank goodness I only have a cold...I don't want that stomach thing!

OK...headed out to school/work. BBL

Gayle

WEIGH-IN RESULTS - - - - the same. :( BUT - I feel really good. Things seem to fit better and my spirits are up quite a bit, too. :7 :+

It could be I'm extremely excited that it's Friday. It's been a very long week with the funeral and all, so I think I'm ready to be away from here for a few days.

Have a great day everyone!
Marcia.

I'm back after a few days of computer hiatus.

Still working out and getting in about 95% healthy eating. Never make it to the computer during the day but am off work today and Monday so plan on posting and adding to my WO's to try to drop a few extra lbs.

Amelia - hope the scale goes down, your BFL workout makes your muscles go up and your pancakes go down tasting yummy. Will be right there with you and the blah, blah, blah. Plan on finishing up my workout room today to get the TM indoors - 40 is just too cold to run. Couldn't feel my legs until they were sore last night.

Kath - when you said it was 4 and you were having a heatwave I thought it meant 4 in the AM and you were having hotflashes! LOL :eek: I am up to about 2.5 miles at this point and it feels pretty good, then if it is a cardio day I'll do a fast walk with intervals. Hope to make my run longer eventually.

Lori - Jump back on with the rest of us. I am finding out that a cheat day a week isn't working for me so am trying to be nearly all clean each day and if I slip a bit I'm OK with that. Just not into the nutrition plans that I was a few months ago. Maybe when the cold goes away?

Marcia - funny, I always look for my rest days ! LOL ! Have fun tonight bartending - do you like the socializing? I will be thinking of you while I don't have a rest day today.:7

Gayle, Nancy, Becca - Hope you kick those colds outta ya quickly and feel better soon ! Sometimes I think an extra rest day when you're fighting a cold is good. I usually find I eat quite a bit less so it doesn't put me behind at all. In fact I had a horrible sinus headache from allergies just the other day, ended up with 3 days off of exercising because I had a rest day, headache day, then went out for the entire evening and couldn't get a workout in. I am back and feeling good with nothing lost at all.

Karin - sounds like a fun workout - spinning is one thing I haven't tried yet but hear it is a Killer.

Gin - great workout, have fun with the kids. I taught preschool for a year or so and had such a great time dressing up for the holidays, etc. They get such a kick out of it. Hard to get into the spirit just going to work with adults these days.

Roxie - don't get disappointed about the lbs not dropping. Maybe you need to switch it up a bit. Less cardio and more weights, are you eating enough for your exercising, etc. Check out the boards or some of the websites like Sparkpeople and maybe you can find something that will "Move that scale !" (vs. moving that bus :p)

OK - this computer stuff takes lots of time - off to WO and get started on my CleanMax and ReOrganizingMax.

WWBL since I'm not a work }(

12-Week Challenge Check-in

Challengers:

Good morning! Happy Friday! I only lost 2 pounds this week. I say “only” because I was on target for another 4-pound drop based on my Wednesday night weigh-in. Yesterday was a roller coaster day for me. After a stressful day at work and 8 hours of unplanned emotional/stress eating, I started over again last night at 8:00 p.m. I ate 980 calories of processed organic food yesterday instead of what I planned to eat. I was tired after work and went to HEB for Amy’s organic broccoli pot pie (with broccoli, carrots, potatoes, and cheddar cheese sauce in a whole wheat crust). It was cold and dark outside, and comfort food sounded better than salad or steamed veggies. I also ate a small candy bar from the health food store yesterday afternoon while running errands as well as an individual organic cherry pie last night. Yesterday was not supposed to be a free day. My eating stumble was not a disaster by any stretch of the imagination, but I knew that I was in serious danger. I sent an e-mail to the guy who is leading our Biggest Loser challenge and my T-12 sisters then took a drive to get out of the kitchen. I went to Academy and bought a lime green tee shirt for my Biggest Loser team. Green in general is not my favorite color, but I love and look pretty in lime green (like I am wearing in my avatar picture). I was delighted to discover a lime green V-neck tee shirt. Of course, it has spandex in it. I hate that clingy stuff. I wish I could find 100 percent cotton tee shirts. Oh well.

As of this morning, I am 10 pounds lighter than my New Year’s Eve starting weight. I am delighted in light of my run-in with processed food yesterday.

When I filled out my Biggest Loser time capsule, there was a question about why I am fat. I wrote an eloquent answer as always, but I decided to e-mail Brett last night and ask him to amend my response. Why am I fat? It comes down to the power of sin and the fact that I am a hedonist. That’s it! Yes, I was raised in a Southern home. Yes, I believed the lie that food is love. Yes, I am an emotional comfort eater and stress eater. But the bottom line is that I use to satisfy needs God never intended for food to fill. The exercise part of this journey is easy for me. Even the super challenging workouts are “easy” in a sense because I love Cathe and look forward to working out with her. Fitness is fun. The food stronghold is not just going to be hard to overcome. It is going to be HELL to overcome. I have been running to food for comfort since I was old enough to walk to the refrigerator, and that is a hard habit to break. I do not need a diet. I need deliverance! This is war! I need to contend faithfully for a healthy body weight in 2008. My living room is my war room now. My war room is my prayer closet, Bible study nook, and workout area where I take on hell and fat! I added a few pictures of my war room to my PictureTrail:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=18887636&uid=3778596

Trainer Laurie kicked some Green Team butt Wednesday night! This Biggest Loser challenge is so not going to be a walk in the park! We met in the basement of the church at 6:00 p.m. for a 30-minute boot camp workout. Yes, she is a Cathe girl! She tortured us with a move called get-ups that wiped me out. Terminators just might be easier. Laurie loves push-ups just like Cathe. God have mercy on my team because I am the only one who can do push-ups on my knees. The rest of the team started with wall push-ups. They were struggling with those, and Laurie asked what they are going to do when she puts them on the floor too. Oh, she expects me to do big girl push-ups by the finale. Our team is the fattest of the 5 teams, and we came in 4th place. Our team’s starting weight was a combined total of 3,528 pounds with a loss of 39 pounds the first week.

I hope to catch up with personals this weekend. I am reading and praying for y’all throughout the week. It is time for me to get to the office. I had a rough night and still felt queasy when I woke up this morning. After my quiet time, I called my boss and told him I would be late. Cathe kicked my butt and helped me sweat it out with the Body Max 2 cardio blast premix. Mercy! I wore my matching Road Trip tee and smiled knowing that Cathe was stepping in Jersey with me. :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: 12-Week Challenge Check-in

Hey girls

Im finished with my workout I did LB using the BFL aproach

Squats(used barbell)
12 reps 35lbs
10 reps 40
8 reps 45
6 reps 50
12 reps 45

repeated four times

static Lunges(used barbell)
12 reps 25lbs
10 reps 30lbs
8 reps 35
6 reps 40
12 reps 35

repeated four times

Calve raises(used dumbells)
12 reps 10lbs(total)
10 reps 16(total)
8 reps 20(total)
6 reps 20(total,don't have 12's or 15's)
12 reps 16(total)

repeated four times!

I was going to do some inner thigh but just got worn out!:-(

Gayle-Thank you so much for answering my question,Your THE BEST! Did I do todays workout right? I hope you get some quiet time soon!

ok,sorry girls but my computer is running so slow.....I'll bbl with personals!

Good morning everyone. I pecked out an oldie of Cathe's this morning and did High Step Advance. I think she is leg pressed obsessed!!!!!

I hope everyone who is sick feels better. I have been takeing vitamins like crazy in hopes not to catch what is going around.

I also hope that those who have a weigh-in have wonderful results!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone:)

Amelia-so, you did that pyramid set FOUR times? As in, from the beginning to end FOUR times? Am I reading that right??? lol The examply I typed above, using chest work, is one pyramid for one body part, to be done ONE time. Let's use your squats as an example of a BFL pyramid:

This is what you did today:
Squats(used barbell)
12 reps 35lbs
10 reps 40
8 reps 45
6 reps 50
12 reps 45

This is the addition I would make to make it a true BFL pryamid:
Squats(used barbell)
12 reps 35lbs
10 reps 40
8 reps 45
6 reps 50
12 reps 45
12 reps of leg extensions with 75#.
This final set of leg extensions (or whatever other exercise you'd like to use) is the super set that just gets you to your level 10 exertion.

then you move onto the next lower body part (for example, hamstrings) and do a pyramid in this fashion for THAT body part.

Does that make sense???

But, what you did is AWESOME!

Gayle

Hey Gals!

The effects of the cold is slowing me doooooown!:-( And now I have to work 3 night shifts in a row so I can't even get some decent sleep!

I got a 9 mile run in just the same and no abs. I was thinking I could do some ab work tonight at work...we will see. I may end up just sitting on the couch alnight watching t.v!:)

BBL for personnals!

Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.