10# Melters: ~~Will Power Wednesday~~!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning:

Let's send all the will power vibes to each other so that we do not over indulge tomorrow! Someone on another thread said that on Good Morning America, they said that the average Thanksgiving meal is 5000 calories! OMG! NO!

Today I did an I-Tread and a Buns of Steel ab workout. I still feel these the next day which I love.

Robin:
Cudos on the lost inch! A day off once in a while is good for you too. Helps the psyche and gets you ready to go again!

Shelly:
Keep trying those morning workouts, once you start you won;t go back!

Judy:
Don't you hate when the bring stuff home from the office that the people there don;t want lying around? I say, " ..and I want it here?"

Shannon:
Take it easy with the calf.. you don;t want an extended time off!

Michelle:
I think Boot Camp has another good workout on the DVD, Muscle Endurance is great! worth every penny even if you never did Boot Camp again. High ^^'s on the weight loss.

Tneah:
I have heard about using that for skin. Does it really work? Hope you feel better for tomorrow.

Michele:
Cudos on keeping it squeeky clean!

B:
I have to hand it to you for trying! I could never sleep in my workout clothes! too confining.. try again, when the alarm rings just jump up, no turning over!

Cari:
I did enjoy the pedicure. very relaxing. 1 piece of fudge is ok!

Lainie:
Sounds like you had a busy day. Hope you got that workout in. ;-)

TK:
Stick with it.. it is probably the transition from Phase 1 to Phase 2. Phase 1 on SB is very restrictive. I am betting it will level out and you will start losing again.

Have a great day and a wonderful Thanksgiving! STay Strong!

Deb;-)

Hi Deb! I started a thread too, so I'll cut and paste what I wrote over here!

Morning all!

I'm so jealous that many of you have the next couple of days off! I'll be here, all alone, lonely and pining! LOL!

Yesterday was okay for me. I got some soup at lunch from Whole Foods to go with the sandwich I brought from home and was surprised to find that it was very tasty, but awfully greasy! I was super-tired, but squeezed out a six mile run and KPC abs anyway.

Robin - how was Charlie Brown?

TK - I'm sure that 2 lbs is just, as you said, because of your transition.

Michele - I can't believe you ate KFC!!! That stuff always made me feel soooo sick!

Lainie - you seemed quiet yesterday. Everything okay?

Hi to everyone else and hopefully I'll bbl.

Hi

Deb- Thanks for the kind encouragement.

Shelly- think of your work day as a way to escape 5000 calories

Michelle- Was yesterday better than Tuesdays take out choices? Where will you spend the holiday?

Robin- I did make my pies yesterday. How about you?

I am going to remember the 5000 calorie line and try not to be part of it. My family Loves to eat. Many of them have no concept of portion control. I usually give my kids a warning not be a glutton. We usually have an appetizer session that could easily be the dinner! ( I always bring a platter of roasted veggies to the appetizer table )

Tonight is the Turkey diner with the in-laws, but it will not have appetizers.

did I tell the 'melters' that I am running a race tomorrow? It is 4.4 miles. (odd distance) And my two DD, age 22 & 16, are running it too! Although I am a cheetah aficionado, I haven't raced. So this is a big deal. :eek:

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good morning! And a happy pre-Thanksgiving to everyone!

Last night I did a bad thing. I was pretty down and grumpy. I walked over to Mom's house and headed straight for the cookies, knowing full well that I didn't need them and also knowing that I could resist if I wanted to. I simply didn't want to. Guilt? Nope. If there were some here at work right now, I'd eat them all. }(

My PT has decided it's time to go to an occasional check-in instead of these three/week visits. That'll certainly help on time constraints! But all the rules still apply - more rest, be careful, etc. My calf is still pretty touchy, and after Thanksgiving, I may take more rest time. I'd like to get in a few workouts this weekend though, to compensate for the pumpkin pie I intend to enjoy. :9

Deb - 5,000 calories??? OMG. Maybe I should avoid the pie! Yes, I'll definitely be sending everyone lots of strong will power vibes!

Shelley - I'll try to visit on Friday... can you survive until then? LOL! Good for you on the six miles! I hope you're energized today.

Judy - that's so cool that your DD's are joining you in the race. You'll have to tell us how they and you do. Have fun!

Good morning melters!!

I'm sending the most powerful vibes I can muster to everyone for tomorrow. Having said that (lol!!!), I've been eating soup all week in anticipation of possibly crossing that 5000 calorie line tomorrow :p . Well, probably NOT 5000, but I may come close. :eek:

I haven't been able to do full workouts (cardio & weights) this week, so I've decided to bag the weights until after Thanksgiving and stick with cardio and stretching. My elbow will appreciate the break from weights, and I can do without the stress and guilt of missing workouts that I don't have time for.

I have to dash over to my IL's in a few minutes. There isn't enough room in my refrigerator for all of this food so I need to stash some at their house. I'll take all the vibes you've got to help me stay focused today ;(

Deb - Good for you for doing an early morning workout. I did my workout at 10:30 last night :eek: . I wish I had your discipline but I can't function that early.

Shelley - ^5's on your 6 mile run!! Yes, the KFC was gross. I could not even believe my DH went out behind my back and bought that crap, but I was starving and it's all we had. I only ate one piece. That DH -- what a nightmare!! LMAO!!!

Judy - That is so cool that your DD's are running with you tomorrow. ^5's on your roasted veggie tray. I'm preparing a large tray of raw veggies, sans the dip.

Cuz - Mmmmmmmmm, cookies }( :9 :p . Good for you for guilt free splurging! Guilt doesn't accomplish anything anyway, with the possible exception of releasing cortisone which packs on more weight, so if you're going to stray from your diet, do so with a smile on your face -- lol!!!

Hello and good luck to everyone else. I won't have time to post again until Friday, so my best wishes in advance for a [font color=orange size=+3 face="cursive"]Happy Thanksgiving!![/font]

Hi everyone. I'm still not totally healthy, and today Ewan woke up with a nasty snotty nose. So I called the nursery school to say he was staying home sick today. I was going to go to the dermatologist while he was in school so I had to reschedule that (would rather not drag a snotty-nosed toddler with me). I will have to drag him on some other errands, though. I ordered my Christmas cards with this picture of the boys: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/lainiefig/IMG_3440.jpg I have to pick them up today at Target.

Of course, I also need to do some Thanksgiving preparations.

Today I am going to try Tracey Staehle's new Glute Camp workout. I have some decent DOMS from her Strictly Upper Body workout--especially in the biceps and triceps--which is good since I don't often get DOMS in the biceps.

My eating has been pretty good this week, but not mistake-free (had some ice cream last night--reduced fat, but still ice cream). I'm making the Thanksgiving feast for just the 4 of us, so at least I won't be eating a bunch of yummy stuff someone else made. Still, I am making all DH's faves--some of which are also tempting to me.

Deb, your Buns of Steel reference made me smile. I was still doing the Platinum series of those until I discovered Cathe this past year. The Platinum series were the ones with half an hour of easy aerobics before the toning section. Seems like the early toning only ones were tougher, though, right? I had a pretty good abs of steel one with Tamilee, but I found her outfit and hat too distracting.

Shelley, I was just quiet yesterday because I didn't take a lot of time here or elsewhere on the forums. Extra stress with Isaac getting out of school early and everything. At least he has a full day today.

Judy, good luck on the race! Good way to work off some of those Thanksgiving calories before you even eat.

Shannon, yikes, I find it hard to make it to PT just 2 times/week (not doing it this week anyway). I'm glad you don't have to go 3 times/week anymore! Nice to know I'm not the only one out there struggling with an injury (not that I want you to struggle).

Michele, probably a good idea to give yourself a break from weights if you have trouble fitting it in and elbow trouble. I know my elbows sometimes complain if I lift heavy and I worry about injuring them.

Greetings to all who follow and Happy thanksgiving to all my fellow Americans.
http://bestsmileys.com/thanksgiving/3.gif

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Wow, you all have it together today! What a bunch of great posts, it was fun reading them.Can we all just forget this week and its food ever existed? I have sugar laden stuff everywhere.

My dad and his wife arrived yesterday armed with my favorite candy-pecan rolls. :eek: I had a few pieces-three to be exact, slices rather. There is also fudge lying around-had a piece of that as well, even though I am still feeling like crap. I think the cold is moving into my chest now, good grief.;( Oh, and we have already had our first "family fight" last night. My DH and his daughter got into it,after a little too much vino--it was like a scene out of the movies.I just chalk it up to what I like to term, "Jewish drama". it runs in his family, they get all riled up over nothing, involve you as well-I am the diplomat of course, and then 30 minutes later everything is back to normal, and you are left standing there feeling exhausted!Its actually pretty funny the next morning, ain't families grand?

Today I am taking them up to the strip to see the "Bodies" exhibit at Tropicana hotel. It is fascinating. Then onto the Mirage to see the baby dolphin and the big cats (my favorite!) Then back home to celebrate dads b-day and get our Thanksgiving dishes ready.:)

Judy: Way to run that race. You go!
Shannon: Don't sweat the cookies, and you will get better really soon!
Michele, take care of your elbow. You have the rest of your life to lift, and do not want permanent damage.
Lainie, your kids are adorable, thanks for sharing the photo, hope everyone feels better soon.
Shelley, sorry you don't have the next fews days off, one reason I love Thanksgiving!
Deb, the "Buns of Steel" made me think of the old Tamilee Webb VHS workout, the one where she wears that almost X-rated leotard!
:7
Hi to Robin as well! I did not workout yesterday, so will try and squeeze in the elliptical and some Pilates today, in fact I need to get moving before everyone else wakes up and the day begins.
I am impressed with you all this week, what a group of strong women, I wish you all a very wonderful Thanksgiving.
:)

Hi,

Thought I would pop in for a check on who is doing what! Looks like we are all busy bees today..

I love having everyone here but it is a lot of work! I am so lucky that my family all brings a dish so DH and I only have the main items, turkey, squash, mashed potatoes, drinks and appetizers. Everything else is brought in.. the hard part is setting up the house for 18 people!

p.s I have the Abs of Steel tape with the 3 workouts on it. They each get progressively harder. #3 is great for DOMS!

Deb;-)

Hi Melters. The boss gave us the 'get out of jail free' card today so I ran out of the office before he had a chance to change his mind. I'm back in the office on Friday, so I expect to catch up with my assignments since the office will be pretty much empty.

Oh, and thanks to all who gave me encouragement over my 'meltdown' (pun intended) over my 2 pound gain. I will try to stay optimistic!

Deb: 5000 calories? Say it ain't so! LOL My intent is to skip appetizers and desserts and only enjoy the dinner itself and maybe a glass of wine. It'll only be my mother, DH, me and my elderly grand aunt. Your comment of Buns of Steel made me laugh - what a blast from the past!

Shelley: Oh how I wish we had a Whole Foods near us. I'm jealous. Great job on the run!

Judy, 4.4 miles is a strange distance. I wonder why that is? Is it something significant in kilometers? I think it's great that your DDs will be running too. You've obviously set a good example for them.

Shannon: You got your 'get out of jail free' card too, but with your PT. Enjoy the extra time!

One-L Michele: Thanks for the ((((vibes))))

Lainie: Your kids are adorable.

Tneah: Families are fun, aren't they? Several co-workers of mine are already battle-scarred from their out of town family guests and they still have the rest of the weekend yet. Hope you're feeling better soon! What's the 'bodies' exhibit?

Hi melters. I'm home from picking my son up from his group home. He lives about 2 hours away from us and will be home till Monday. He's out taking his walk right now.

I made a pumpkin roll, a pecan pie and an apple pie for tomorrow. I'm so glad I don't have to do anything else. I'll miss the leftover turkey though.

Shelley, I'll be around tomorrow and Friday to keep you company.

Deb, how does one person eat 5000 calories at one meal!!! Yikes.

Judy, good luck and lots of fun wishes for your race. I have a friend who entered her first race last summer and was thrilled because all three of her daughters were going to be home and running too, as well as her husband. I think they all placed in their particular age categories!

Shannon, some things are just not made to be resisted. That's how I feel about a glass of wine or two the evening before a day off.

Michele, I'm sure you won't see this, but have a very wonderful Thanksgiving and try not to wear yourself out. Hugs to all your family, especially your DH.

ETA: Somehow I posted this when it was only half done. I hope I don't end up double posting.

Tneah, your plans make me actually want to see Vegas, something I never thought I say. I saw a mention of your product in the PYGFO thread. Vicki uses it for her eye bags. Such a small world. I had to LOL at your family drama. I think all families are the same!

TK, I hope you enjoyed your unexpected day off.

OK, I have to go get dinner on the table. I'm working tomorrow, so I'll be around. Have a great holiday for those of you who won't be by.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.