10# Melters: ~~ the day after!~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Well I hope we all did our best in not over indulging. I had a little bit of everything, and a small sliver of pumpkin pie, no whipped cream. Actually, after not eating sweets for months, it was just ok. I think when you stay away from sugar for a while, you must lose your taste for it. In my case that is a good thing since I am addicted to sugarx( It was a great day. We ended up with only 16 for dinner. DH and I collapsed at 6:30 when everyone left. Still have a lot of cleaning up to do. I will be going down for my I-Tread in a little while.

Robin:
Your day sounds busy too. Hope it was a good one calorie wise!:D

Shelley:
Good for you for doing a morning run! Hope Sophie had a great B-day!

Judy:
Too bad about the race. We had a Turkey Trot here in Buffalo, that had 8000 people run it.. in the freezing rainx(

TK:
Sorry about the Ebates habit! I also use it for things like sending flowers for Mother's day etc and save a lot of money.

Tneah:
Good for you for getting that cardio in before the big meal!

Lainie:
I feel like you do.. tired!;-)

Well am off to the treadmill!

Have a great day and don't get caught up in those crazy shoppers!

Deb;)

Morning ladies, and happy Friday! I hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday. I got up early again this morning and did LIS plus the shoulders/calves/core section. I feel great!

Deb - sounds like you did really well. I adore pumpkin pie. Pumpkin anything, really. ONLY 16 for dinner! Oh well, then I can't understand why you were tired!

I guess most people have today off too? I just want to make it through this day and then relax!

Oh, and I lost another pound, so that's four now. Six to go. Not sure if I can do all six before Christmas, but I'm going to try my best!

Good morning, everyone !

I measured this morning, and all is well. I'm not going to weigh though - the scale is over at Mom's place, and it's too much trouble. ;)

I did pretty well during the feast. We had about 35 people over at my parents' with more than enough food to go around. I got lucky though. Our family has "adopted" a good friend of mine, who is a vegan. She brought several low-cal vegan dishes, and I ate those instead of the regular fare. I did have good old fashioned pumpkin pie though - that's a tradition I'm not giving up!

A big problem though. I guess I've messed up my calf, simply by being on my feet too much. I did a few easy walks with the dog and then, after lunch, with the family. But I stood around visiting, and of course cleaned up the meal.... I really can't figure it out, but it's not good.

Happy day after everyone.

I am in a sugar -induced state-I indulged in everything I felt like. Because tomorrow, its all gone-everything gets tossed or given away. At least I exercised.
Am taking dad and his wife up to the strip today to show them around, will be alot of walking, so that is good. Will try to fit in a workout today, but we are taking them to Carrotop tonight, so will have to do battle tomorrow.
Congrads on the loss Shelley. That is great. I am tired too, everyone got my cold, so we are all walking around sneezing and sniffling.

Everyone have a great day, I can't wait for this weekend when everything gets back to normal.

Good morning melters, and Happy Friday!!

Let me just report the bad news and get it out of the way -- I gained 1.6# but my waist and hip measurements are the same. All in all that's not so bad when you consider that I stuffed myself with wild abandon and I haven't worked out in 2 days...and I ain't sorry :p. I spent 3 days preparing Thanksgiving dinner and damn it! I was going to enjoy the fruits of my labor ;) . It's only one day a year, right!?

So, today it's back to clean eating and working out. I had to ditch the 4DS rotation for this week because I couldn't find the time to workout and my elbow needs the rest. I'm going to finish out the week with plenty of cardio and stretching, then start back in on Monday with the 4DS rotation.

I trust you all had a lovely holiday. I missed y'all yesterday and tried to check out the forums, but I was at my IL's house and they didn't have a good internet connection x( .

Deb - ^5s and my hat's off to you for showing so much dietary restraint http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/clown.gif . I collapsed last night, too, and I only had to cook for 4 people. I cannot imagine cooking for 16.

Shelley - WOO HOO on your 4# weight loss!!!!! You are the queen http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/queen.gif

Cuz - Oh no, please tell me you didn't do any more harm to your poor leg ;( . Promise me you'll stay off that leg today. Get cozy on your couch or favorite chair with a good book or a movie and stay put, young lady!!

Tneah - I'm so glad to know that I want' the only one who indulged yesterday. For crying out loud, it was THANKSGIVING, people!! At least you worked out and that's more than I can say.

Robin, Lainie, B, TK, Judy, Cari, Michelle - I hope you had a fantastic holiday and that the scale was kind to you this morning. :*

Hi Gals. I was pretty good yesterday. After being good for three weeks straight it was really hard to overeat anyway. Today I can definitely feel the effects of the higher carb intake from yesterday. It's spooky but I feel like I want to eat everything in sight today. Hopefully that feeling will pass now that I'm back to the normal routine.

Today was supposed to be a weights-only day but chose High Step Challenge instead (felt like I needed a little cardio after yesterday!). I've only done HSC a few times and honestly today I decided I don't really 'get' that one. In some of the segments the pace seems a little frantic but then in the end my HRM tells me that I really didn't work so hard. Of course I have a love-hate relationship with leg presses too, or rather a hate-hate relationship! If someone starts a 'leg press hater' thread, I'll be the first to sign up ;)

Deb: 'Only' 16 people! Yikes, at least you got everyone out by 6:30.

Shelley: Way to go on the weight loss. Speaking for myself I know I won't make the 10 pounds by Christmas either. Even if we make it past Christmas without gaining it back we'll be well ahead of most people.

Shannon: I hope your calf feels better!

Tneah: Step away from that sugar!

One-L Michele: You are right about it being once a year. I remember at Weight Watchers they put it all in perspective. People get all jazzed up about how hard it is to lose weight because of 'the holidays'. However, 'the holidays' are just Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. Add in a party or two, you're really only talking about a few days over the course of 2 months. We should be able to enjoy those few days of overindulging without guilt. The thing is that people get carried away and want to eat their way through what my WW leader calls the 'Eating Olympics' - that period beginning with Hallowe'en and ending with the Super Bowl. Now that we can't do the Eating Olympics and expect our waistline not to expand but we can enjoy our holidays and still at least maintain our weight.

Hi everyone. Sick as a dog today. Well, sick as a sick dog, anyway. I'm really pretty tired of being sick so much lately. It's just colds, though, so I doubt a doctor could help me.

I'm going to just do a segment of Stretch Max or a short yoga workout and call it a day. That way I'll feel I at least did something but it will be more like rest.

I didn't weigh in today because I've been checking my weight off and on and I'm sure it will be up. So I guess I'm in denial. But I feel like crap anyway so why make myself feel worse?

I did manage to get my Christmas tree up today, though the lights on the star on top are not working. I also need a new tree skirt and a few other festive items. But ain't no way I'm going shopping on Black Friday, especially not when I'm ill.

Deb, I did what you did--just a little bit of everything. I also only had that at our very late Thanksgiving lunch/early dinner. Then later in the evening I ate very light. I'm trying not to go nuts with eating the leftovers.

Shelley, way to go on the weight loss! You are way ahead of me. I am still sort of stalled out (but I know it's my own fault).

Shannon, I hope your calf is o.k.! Don't waste all that physical therapy!

Tneah, glad to know I'm not the only one sniffling--not that I would wish it on you.

Michele, don't sweat the gain. Or maybe I should say, sweat it later. Like I said, I am sure I gained but I am just not looking.

TK, good advice on the holidays. It is funny how people see it as one long eating extravaganza. I am not socially involved enough here (yet) to have too many eating events to worry about. I do most of the cooking of stuff I eat, so I can only blame myself if I eat badly. We don't even eat out more than once or twice a month.

Well, I'm going to go pick a stretch or yoga workout. It would be nice if the Sudafed would kick in so that I can do proper yoga breathing with it.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Uh, guess what? I followed Robins lead and stepped on the scale this AM. Either my scale is on vacation too, or I lost three pounds:7

What????:eek: Seriously, maybe when I stop obssessing over every little thing I put in my mouth, and just eat when I am hungry and get my veggies in each day it works? I even drank wine. For heavens sake. My jeans are even slightly looser-slightly, but I noticed it.

Hum, maybe what that saying "what you put your attention on grows" is true? Thinking about what I cannot have all the time and what the scale says, make these things "grow" and not in a good way? Sheesh. I did continue my workouts, nothing too hard, but wow. Sorry, I am happy but bewildered and still "snarfing up" crap. But my cold didn't take away the appetite.

Anyway, see you all tomorrow, we are headed out to laugh our butts off!:+ :+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.