•• CHEETAHS •• Saturday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs! :)

Brighton—That would be a major bummer if your knee/leg kept you from triathlon season. Perhaps the step is slowing down the healing process.

Jackie—the easy, breezy part of it is now officially over. *lol* (The marking period is ending and then spring conferences follow.)…What a great way to use the vest to intensify the workouts for you. I like how you split up Burn Intervals, too. The calf raises during the squats can be a little tricky for me, too. But for me, oddly, it’s my big toe on the foot where my lovely bunion is.

Wendy—*lol* Nope, it’s more like SUPER-SPAZ, flying through the air about to crash through the TV. :p Oh yes, that is sciatica you’ve described. I get it at times, too. No fun!

Carole—Totally understand your limitations on time these days. Same here. I’ve had to back off some from checking in, and I will probably be around even less in the busy weeks to come.

Laura—glad your legs are feeling better, but sorry everyone has been sick and you’ve lost some of the pups. Thanks for the info. It’s good to hear from someone on the front lines. Yes, when we sent books previously, they were handmade and deliberately very light-weight. I don’t know if we will work with the same organization or not. It depends on which direction our unit will be going. I may do some piloting this spring, but a decision will likely be finalized during our summer curriculum work. I’ll look for your PM.

Wendi—egads! Kicked in the head? How are you feeling? Sorry about your car going up to the big junkyard in the sky. I have several friends who are devoted Camry drivers. I don’t think you can go wrong with Toyota.

Today's workout is Burn it off & Recharge.

As mentioned to Carole ^^^, I may be a bit more scarce around these parts, too. Getting back into a busy cycle.

Have a wonderful day!

Good Morning.

Cathy: Okay, that's it-I am buying you a cape with the initials S.S. on it! :D Reminds me of kids who think that just by putting on a cape and climbing onto something high that when they jump off they'll be able to fly. LOL Sorry but the visuals on this are just hysterical! I'll stop now....:p So it's official-sciatica. I thought so but wasn't sure. Thankfully I don't get flare ups all too often. Hey, no problem-drop in and say hello when you can. We'll let ya back in, don't worry. ;):)

Brighton: You are very sweet and thanks for answering the soleus question as I don't think Shelly has seen it yet. Have fun at dinner tonight. What restaurant are you going to? I love going out to eat but it's bad for my waistline if I let it get out of control. That's what started my weight gain issues over the summer. I started eating out waaay too much. It's one of my fave things to do though...figures. *sigh*

Jackie: You are really mixin' it up with CLX. Havin' fun I take it? The hair can not be judged until later today when I wash it. Yesterday I looked like a frizz ball and today it will look even worse until it gets washed and styled. LOL I am sure it will be fine though.

Wendi: Sorry, can't help you with the car thing. I am sure either model is fine though. Toyotas have a great reputation. My mom has a Camry and loves it. I like the Rav4 but it's too expensive for our budget so we are considering the Honda CR-V.

Today's work out will be either Body Strikes or Power Strike and hopefully Centergy class.

Later Babes!:D

Hi Cheetahs

Tomorrow is race day. :)

Brighton- have fun tonight

Wendy- Are you wearing your perm 'curly as is' or do you blow it out? sorry about the leg pain. :mad:

Jackie- so you are liking these new workouts! Did you pre order STS too?

Laura- is everyone healthy again?

I probably will be not be on here again until Monday. Have a great weekend everyone :D

Wendy—LOL. Yeah! Like Superfudge! :D I find it amusing myself when I bounce off the BOSU. It’s kinda like a trampoline…You’ll let me back in? Oh, whew! Now I won't have to lose any sleep. ;) :D...Funny how we both get vertigo and sciatica...Ooh, yeah, the CR-V's are very cute. Like them, too. Enjoy whichever Strike you do and Centergy.

Judy: I got the perm for it's wash n go ability so nope, this girl DEFINATELY doesn't blow it out. :p When I want a different look I will let it air dry and straighten it with a flat iron but I only do that once in a while since it's very time consuming and really bad for your hair.

Cathy
: I was struggling with my vertigo issues yesterday as I had to be washed and also rinsed while getting my hair done. The sink is lots of people's favorite part about getting their hair done but not me. Hmmm, perhaps I should take my bosu outside, plunk it in the grass and see how high I can propel myself!? Nah...I think it might hurt if I went hurtling into the side of my house!:eek: :D I have never been on a trampoline...not that I can recall anyway. Well, except for my rebounder but that doesn't count. I would love to try it though. Sounds like fun. Perhaps I'll buy one for myself when we get a bigger house (with a bigger yard)! :D

Wendy—oh man, I HATE the sink, too! It does not trigger vertigo for me, but it jacks up my neck! I don’t understand why they can’t be padded.

Cathy: Yeah, it is extremely uncomfortable. I thought it was just because I can't relax when getting my hair washed but apparently it's not just me then. True...no reason why they can't pad it up a bit IMO. Suggest it to your hairdresser the next time you go! :) To alleviate the vertigo issue I actually stuck my head in the salon sink like you would if you were to wash your hair in your own kitchen sink one time years ago. It worked much better but I felt like a fool so I've just been dealing with it the normal way since then.

I think my workout is going to be canned today. We had a 4 1/2 hour "lunch" meeting of the Interim Council for University Development, of which DH is head. We got LOTS done, but it took time. Mostly we're really pumped, though, after the meeting. We're hosting an Advisors Summit in April, and we have a lot of work to do before then. Things are really about to start happening.

DS and DH are well. We lost the puppy. It was sad but expected because she was weak from the time she was born. So we're down to 7. Those 7 are fat and sassy.

Bummed about the workout, but since this is an "active recovery" week I guess it's OK.

Good Afternoon Ch-Ch-Ch-Cheetahs!:)

Laura: Your missed work out was for good reason so no worries. You'll make up for it! ;) Sorry about the lost pup. So sad even though it was expected and not unusual. :( Have you got homes lined up for your little ones yet or are ya still workin' on it? Did you get my PM?

So I took Centergy class this morning and just finished the remainder of my work out a few minutes ago. I couldn't decide between BS and PS so I combined them. I did the warm up from PS (It's so long that I consider it to be a work out on it's own!:eek:) and then moved right into combos 1 and 2 of BS to finish it off. Now at some point this week I will of course have to do the same thing but with combos 3 and 4 of BS. I'm just anal like that. :p

Quiet in the den today. Hope everyone is just busy.

Have a great day!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.