~ * ~ * ~ *GDMT.....TGIF~ * ~ * ~ *

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls

Today was Legs and Back and ARX. I liked the workout- surprise!:eek: I think I like all the X workouts! I think legs are my least favorite body part to workout, because it is usually a straight hour of working them out. For me that's too long, and this breaking it up with the back really works for me. I did the pullups the negitive way and I was able to do 9-12 each time. Hopefully by the end of the rotation I will be doing 1-2 on my own:)

Gin~ What's on the rotation schedule today? A rest day? I like to rest after GS legs, its a tough one. the slow motion lunges want to make me cry}(

Marcy~ You were right, I can walk after doing this workout. It looked so hard when I previewed it! It was very doable, and I liked the breakup with the back. The wall squats and one legged wall squats were the hardest for me. I held the wall squats the whole time. The 1 legged wall squats I also held the whole time, but man were my legs burning!( and I only got my leg parrellel with my bent leg, where tony and crew got the straight leg higher) Also wanted to mention- on the X+ website/ad there is an example of a recovery week which is different and I like it better. I think: light cardio and stretch for 2 days, kickbox 1 day, and core syn. 1 day and yoga?? But I don't know what the reg. 3 month rotation is for that recovery week.

Tracee~ Hope to hear from you!

later~
Deanie:*

Good Morning Girls!

I slept 4 hours last night, so I am so glad I am not back to work yet.:eek: I did end up doing GS Legs late yesterday and forgot about the ouch factor in that one! It has been a while since I have done GS. LOL on the fact that the slow motion lunges make Deanie want to cry. I'm right there with you. AND B&G is scheduled for Sunday!}( x(
Today BB's Unlocking Athletic Power is scheduled, which is my favorite yoga dvd!:) Short and sweet.
Glad you girls liked my needlepoint pics. They were kind of hard to see.

Deanie--Are Tony's Legs workouts as tough as Cathe's or comparable? I guess this is your new workout, right? What do you plan to do after the X? Are you guys through the end of Feb?

Marcy--Are you doing the same workout as Deanie today? Do you think I will not mess up the rotation too much if I continue to run 1 day a week? I want to keep up my ability to run.

Tracee--Come Baaaaaaaack!:-( We miss you.

Have a great day all!
Gin

Good Morning DGT!

I finally slept almost through the night. I hope it will get better from here. Itching seems to have subsided somewhat. I did Legs & Back this morning with no weights. I did more reps with chinups/pullups. I have to check my resting heart rate. I think it might have improved because I'm not winded anymore when doing jacks and power scissors.

Deanie - The wall squats and one-legged squats were hardest for me too. But you'll be happy to know that I feel like I have conquered them. Not that I still don't feel it a bit but they are much more doable this time around and I'm able to get my leg slightly higher than 90 degrees (but not for long!) He also holds the chair salutations a really long time but I feel better with those as well and I get my hands up by my ears and hold them for the full time. I just printed out the sample recovery week from the website and it looks much better than the one I sent you last night which had no cardio at all (except for the little bit in Core Syn). It just didn't seem quite right. Also, week 8 I think there was a typo. Probably should have been Chest & Back on Monday and Legs & Back on Friday but again, there was no cardio. I just looked at the sample more closely and it does seem like a lighter recovery week than the one we currently do. Core Syn is only once and Kenpo was switched out in favor of Cardio X (which is a combo of Plyo X, Kenpo X, Yoga and Stretch).

Gin - Tony's legwork is pretty much non-weighted. He incorporates more balance work. I have to admit I do feel more worked out with GS legs. While I love Cathe's non-weighted leg work (ball and bands), her endless squats do nothing for me except give me big thighs. I think variety is the key so there is a place for both. As far as your rotation, I don't remember which one you're doing. How much cardio per week is in the rotation now? If there's too much maybe you could do the running in place of one of the cardio days. We should be through by Feb. 23rd. I was going to make up my own rotation after the X, something like:

M - Lower Body (either Tracey's Glute Camp or ballet) and abs (either Mindy, Tracey or Amy)
T - Dance or Yoga
W - Upper Body and abs (either Tracey's Strictly Upper Body or Amy's Slo Mo)
T - Dance or Yoga
F - Fusion (Reach, Angles, Lines & Curves 2 or Tracey's Total Body)
S - Kickbox

This might be a nice break after such an intense rotation and it's all the things I love doing. I have lots of dance workouts just waiting to be opened.

Enjoy your yoga later.

Tracee - Have a great weekend. Hope we hear from you soon.

Marcy

Good Afternoon :)

Gin~ Enjoy your yoga today! I think you will probably be okay running once a week with the rotation. Maybe sub running for some other cardio...I am going to do Circuit City rotation after the X. I think endurance will lean me out after heavy lifting.

Marcy~ Yea! sleeping thru the night:) Glad you enjoyed the workout today!

Tracee~ Hope your around soon!

Deanie:*

Hi Again!

Deanie~I saw you got a bunch of new Ryka's. Where did you get them from? I like the ones I got at DSW but would really like to try the Enlights and N-Gage Studios.

Marcy

Marcy~ I got them from the Ryka website. last year I ordered Rykas from them over the phone, then this year they keep sending me flyers with sale info.:) In Dec. they sent a flyer for the Ryka rita program, and it was the N gagestudio shoe for $52.00, normally $75.00 and free shipping- you know me, How could I pass that up!!:) LOL. The only way you can get the Enlight II's is to call on the phone.

Deanie

Hi girls! I've probably missed you guys for the day and I probably won't be back on over the weekend but I thought I'd drop in anyway.

Gin - I am gong to try my best to get back into a rotation this month but right now the motivation isn't very high. I looked at Cathe's rotation and knew I wasn't going to attempt that so I'll take a look at Debbie's and see if it looks doable.

I'm having a battle with myself on how intense I should exercise when I come back. Taking a month off and not seeing many negative side effects has me feeling like I was working too hard for little benefit. I'm sure I'm eating less since I'm not exercising so maybe that's why I haven't seen a big weight gain. I think the only way I'm going to get myself back into a regular routine is to focus on the health benefits rather than the physical ones.

Deanie & Marcy - sounds like you guys are doing well with the X. I too wish that Cathe would post something about her new system although at this point I don't think I'd spend the money since I haven't been doing anything.

Can't believe it's 2008 already. I'm hoping the winter goes by quickly and the warmth of spring comes early!!

Have a great weekend.

Tracee

P.S. - I really do miss you guys but right now being able to sleep an extra hour each morning is better. :eek:

Hi Again!

Tracee--So glad to see you post!! Take a look at Debbie's Jan 07 rotation. She has 2 rest days (or yoga or stretch) a week.

I have major DOMS in my LEGS today from GS Legs!x( It's as if I have never done a leg workout before!
I may continue with the 2 Cathe cardio days + a day of running...EEEKKK!:eek:
I'll have to go to DSW and see if they have any Rykas. I'm about due for another pair of shoes.

Have a great evening!
Gin:)

Thanks Gin.

I'm making progress, I actually printed out Debbie's rotation. We'll see if I can get myself in front of the tv to start sweating though. I was glad to see two rest days in the rotation because I am probably going to start off pretty slow anyway.

Tracee

Hi Again!

Tracee - It's nice to hear from you. Sometimes you just need to take time off. Sounds like what your body needed. I really liked Debbie's rotation and since I only work out 5 days (for the most part), it worked out quite well.

Gin - I got Ryka Solstice at DSW on sale. They were only $20.97 and they feel great. I don't think they had any other styles there that I saw. I know they're not N-Gages or Studios but they're nice and cushiony and very comfortable. I've only done walking in them but I will try a cardio workout and see how they are.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.