~~C&T Thursday~~

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
It feels like it should be Friday.

I spent the morning trying to book our hotel to the Loire Valley but I waited too long and since we're going in two weeks, I had a hard time. I think I finally found something: http://lamaisonblanche-fr.com/b&b amboise/indexus.htm. It gets AWESOME reviews on trip advisor so I'm hoping it will work out.

Anyway, wo this morning was S&H shoulders and 40/20. I had a hard time at the beginning of that WO (I always do) with the jump, side, turn, tuck deals - especially two in a row. Does she think I'm super woman? But I busted out the box jumps at the end just to show her I was no wuss.

Have about an hour before I have to get the girls for lunch. I need to clean up bfast and start our laundry. This afternoon I need to study for my last test which is next Tuesday. I need to do marginally well on it so I will be reading all afternoon. I'm planning to read outside though. It's supposed to be in the low 70s and then drop down to the 50s in a few days so I have to take advantage of the sunshine.

From yesterday:

Lisa, I'm glad my mom's story could help. I'm sure she'd be glad to know that. Babies are always a blessing! Plus, they're so darn sweet. Did you see Kate's snuggle pic on fb? Come on, who doesn't want a baby now?!?!

Nina, I'm always finding myself researching some new WO. I probably just need to stick with what I have and be consistent and then worry about other ones. Hope you got good rest last night.

Kate, LOVED LOVED LOVED your pic on FB. Nothing more precious. ONE MORE DAY until you leave. I'm so excited for you! So sorry about your mom. Hope she gets better soon.

Clintonya, sorry you're having a rough couple of days. Hang in there, choose joy! :) Hope you got a good wo in last night!

Klaudia, way to get your WO done last night. I hear you on the running thing. I never last. Of course it's more b/c of injury. We all have those vanity lbs - I wish I didn't.

Anne, when is your visit with TCB planned? Great job with the PUB ab work. I'm such a bad ab girl.

Becky, I'm sure you're probably up! Hope you have a great day!

OK... off to do chores. Later gators!

I've been up for so long. I woke up with a nervous tum and I'm just so excited I cant lay still in bed!:D:D:D My mind is RACING......but I love it! Let's get this day started so it can get over so i can LEAVE FOR VACATION!!!!!!

What a busy day ahead! As soon as I get G on the bus I've got to take Mufasa to the vet for boarding. Poor guy. Then we race home to pack Isabel. Pool Guy comes at 10 to go over things and see about an estimate. Not doing it for sure yet - just want to see what $$$$ is. Eat lunch, get Isabel on the bus, get Ju napped, pack myself and pace around nervously. I'm going t pick up the girls from school so we can go get our pedicures! I can't wiat for that - I'll have them take a pic of all of us and I'll post it tonight.:D Race home to take the roast out of the oven and then Isabel and Mike are going to Kgarten Math Night from 6-7. While they're gone we'll get G packed and clean up. Hoping to fit some cardio/CS in there somewhere but I'm not going to worry if it doesn't happen.

Angie, Your review of 4020 made me ROFL! I hate that first drill too!
That hotel is beautiful!!! Have fun!
Your weather sounds perfect! I can't WAIT for the FL sunshine and bring me some HUMIDITY! I want to sweat standing still!:p
Awwww, I'm so glad you liked our pic! Mike took it last week I think. Every night we get our nice long snuggle and rocking before she goes to bed. I wouldn't trade it for anything! Part of me wants one more, part of me wants to baby Julia always! So far tho, no periods so I guess I have no choice at this point.

Help me out with this.... I'm 5'6", I weigh 135# (which is a good weight for me) and NO PERIOD. Julia nurses 2-3x/day (usually 3) and I can't imagine I'm over-exercising. I lift upperbody split 2x/wk, lower body barre 2x, and CS nearly daily. I really only do cardio once or twice. I'm not doing insane cardio like I used to when I didnt have periods. I doubt I'm nursing often enough to suppress ovulation. I think I need to go see a dr. Julia is 18 months - it just seems weird to me that I don't have my period back yet. If we're going to have a 4th I'd rather do it sooner rather than later so Julia has someone closer in age to her than the big girls are and I'm running out of time for that to happen! If anyone lurking here has any insight please share that! PM if you'd like!

I better go jump in the shower - Sorry to be so rambly! I'm about bouncing off the walls here!:D:D:D:D:D:D

MORNING!:D

Kate, I have NO IDEA what to say about that... I don't really understand the science, so I am no help. But, I do wanna say YYAAAAAYYYYYYYYY for VACATION! I love that running-around-all-day-to-pack-and-run-errands feeling!! Only 57 days for me - not that I'm counting;)

Angie, that place looks awesome! The weather you describe sounds beautiful - totally take the studying outside.

LISA, OH MY WORD!! I'm so excited! I totally understand your feelings - I was TRYING to get pg, and when I got that + I was instantly FREAKED OUT. It will all be okay, and I am soooooo excited!

We have a heartbeat!!!

So Chris and I went in for a very routine educational appointment with the Nurse Educator. When she came out to get me, I was actually outside on the phone with a Marine Corps officer so that was awkward, but anyway... We met and discussed baby's growth, nutrition, exercise, dos and donts, prenatal care, medical history, etc.

Since I was on the phone when she came to get us, Chris told her why I was on the phone and a brief version of what was going on (so she wouldnt be annoyed hopefully). We also discussed the fact that I was crazy nauseas for a couple weeks and then BOOM - nothing. She could tell I was nervous and stressed so she called over to ultrasound and they said they could squeeze me in (!!!), so we walked over and saw baby on the big screen!! Saw and heard heartbeat too! I really do feel sooooooo much better knowing. Oh, and Chris was all misty-eyed and has been very "I love you so so much" ever since, LOL!

Edited to add: Chris' college nickname is "Skunk" (don't know why, just go with it) so we have been calling the baby "Baby Skunk" thus the file names for the pictures!

Attachments

• skunk2.jpg
    skunk2.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 12
  • skunk1.jpg
    skunk1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 11
Good Morning Girls ! :)

Katie !!!!!!!! So exciting !!!! Hearing the heartbeat makes it all real, doesn't it ???????? I'm so thrilled for you !! :) :)

Kate, I get like that too. Such nervous energy !!! I know how excited you are to go. I hope you have fantastic weather while you are there. How long are you staying ???

Angie- yes, I'm up ! :) I think that EVERYTIME I do 40/20 ! "this is how it STARTS OUT ??" EEEK!!! But, GREAT job !!
Enjoy the sun ! Its going to be in the 70's & sunny here too today.....I'm def. sitting out in the sun this afternoon !!

I have my last day of 4DS today.....LIS shoulders/core !
I loved this rotation ......changing every week. Next week is Gymstyles!!

DD is coming over with Jackson this morning !!! :) :) :)

Oh Katie! That makes me smile so big for you! How awesome & exciting! Look at that sweet little peanut!
57 days will be here soon!

Becky, 4DS and GS are both tons of fun! That would be a great rotation!
We'll be there for 8 days:D The forecast is 85* and humid.:cool: Just how we want it!
Have fun with Jackson!:cool:

Good Morning Everyone!

I am having problems with allergies/sinuses so I decided not to work out this morning. I have my last day of training today and then a big meeting where I have do a presentation. I need to go over it again since the last time I looked at it was the beginning of the month. Today's is DH's bday - no plans since we are both working late but we are planning to go out to dinner tomorrow night.

Lisa, that is great news! Don't worry everything will work itself out!
Anne, I have one more day of training. I can't wait for this to be over.
Kate, I am always excited before a trip too. The weather in FL sounds perfect.
Becky, I love rotations where the weight work is mixed up.
Nina, I hope everything goes well today for you.
Katie, so glad you heard the heartbeat!
Angie, the b&B looks great! Enjoy the sunshine. The weather here is supposed to improve starting today.

Colleen, happy bday to chris! which restaurant tmrw?
good luck on the presentation! hope you get feeling better, speedy quick!

Morning, everyone! I managed to get up and do Step Moves this morning. I was going to do Step Blast, but I didn't think I had enough time, but I ended up with extra time before leaving for work. That will teach me to do math on too little sleep!

Kate, how excited are you? :p I'm glad you day is jam packed as that will make it go by fast. How is your mom? (Or, ignore that if you don't want to think about it right now.)

Colleen, happy bday to C! I hope your presentation goes well. How long is it? I had one on Tuesday and I figured something like 10 or 20 people would show up--I had 65! It went well, tho.

Becky, have fun with Jackson!

Katie--:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D That's FANTASTIC!

Angie, good luck studying and enjoy the nice weather. It's supposed to warm up a bit here tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. TCB will be here a week from Monday, he's staying May 10-14. Yippee!

Nina, I hope work is going well.

Klaudia, I lost track, have you already been to the fire station or is that today?

Lisa, how are you feeling? I hope the early stages of pregnancy are not too rough for you.

Clintonya, what are you up to today?

Wendy, are you in SanFran? If so, will you please say hi to all the freaks for me? I love me some freaks! Ha! I said that to a friend of mine once and she replied, "Oh, you just appreciate diversity." Very true! I love that SanFran is so tolerant of people who live outside what most of us consider traditional society. Am I rambling? I'll stop now.

I have another webinar today and I keep forgetting about it. Must.not.forget. It's the last one, which makes me happy. I have not made any progress on my goals for this week, and this is just one more interference. Oh, well, it's just work, right? J is coming over tonight to bring me the picnic table that I forgot to take when I moved. I'm not looking forward to it. But I want the table because my dad built it. It looks great in his backyard, but I don't care, I want it back. I'm pretty sure that's petty, but I'm just going to go with it.

Okay, back to the grind. Happy Thursday, everyone!

anne

Well, that was kind of a waste of time-we left at 6:45 am, got stuck behind an accident-in traffic and then went to the wrong hotel. Barely made the breakfast buffet! I think we spent more time in the car than at event. Oh, well. I'm home now and have no other plans for the day. I have Leaner Legs on tap and a run (maybe).

Angie, what wonderful places you're visiting! I've yet to do 40/20! I started running and haven't gotten around to it. I think I've come to the conclusion I am just not a runner. My friend just started a few weeks ago and is already up to 4 mile runs! How?!

Kate, only a few more hours!! I'm excited for you! Have you had your thyroid checked? That's the only thing I could think of-unless your bf is really low? Go to the doc!

Kate, how awesome to hear "Baby Skunk"!

Becky, enjoy the sunshine! It's supposed to be 80* here tomorrow:)

Collen, sorry aobout your sinus/allery woes. I think Nevena has some too-she's got a cough but nothing else. Happy Birthday to Chris! Hope you have a nice time tomorrow.

Anne, way to work out! The fire station was yesterday-too bad there were no cute firemen;) Hope the webinar goes well!

Nina, hope work is flying by!

Hi Lisa and Clintonya!

Checkin' things off my to-do list! Gettin' closer!!!!

Anne, Step Moves is FUN! I havent done step in so long - should pull it out when we get back!
I would want the table too!
Thanks for asking about my mom - she's about the same - very weak, depressed. She'll be in the hosp another 5 days. I feel bad that I wont be here to be with her but realistically there's not much I could do anyway. I;ll just be sure to call her a lot.

Klaudia, BWAHAHAHAHAAHAAAA! My bf is DEF not too low! Havent had thyroid checked - I need to go see a doc I think.
Sorry the morning was a bust! Just think - maybe it kept you from overeating!:p
Get those Legs in! I am not a runner either. I think I want to be but sadly I am not.:p

Pool guy was here - I so want to do it! Need to think about it some more! Better keep busy....

bfast done, just a luna bar and coffee. JJ is still super clingy and honestly driving me a little nuts right now. the mornings are rough because he is getting up super early, like before 5, and then wants to be on top of me all morning and i can barely get anything done, like dress myself or drink my coffee. arghh. poor kid, its a lot of change and im being patient, just complaining to you guys is all =)

going to try a class called body vive today. low impact cardio and strength with bands and balls. step yday was not wonderful on my knee unfortunately, so i need to stay away from that for a while longer. body combat the other was fab tho, DEF doing that a few x a wk!

we plan to get on the road to SF after the gym and hopefully JJ will sleep for the ride since its naptime.

l - leftover sweet pot/br rice/sage/goat cheese in a wheat tortilla with some salsa. did this last night and it was delish with the carm. onions (they're all gone now).

d - no idea, still researching our options. there a gazillion good restaurants but i want good, CHEAP, and healthy options.

becky, have a blast with jackson today! which rotation are you doing again?

angie, your next trip sounds great! and don't you just love all the researching =) we are planning to do lots of short trips around the area while we're here. SF tomorrow... tahoe, reno, rt 1, redwoods, sonoma, and so much more on my list!

katie, how wonderful to have pics already!! baby skunk is just adorable =)

kate, enjoy vaca! i love that you're getting pedis with the girls, too cute! ITA with kl on getting your thyroid checked.

lisa, you will get through this shock and move pretty quickly into pure excitement and joy... i promise, i ve been there!

klaudia, sorry about the trouble getting to the event. i hate when that happens. enjoy meaner legs!!!

anne, you are too funny! i love me some freaks, too... can you tell i was one back in the day? combat boots and chains around my neck, the whole nine =) any suggestions on MUST-do's in SF? we have a very short time and im overwhelmed at everything to see.

colleen, kick some presentation booty today =) any news on the job front?

Not so freak-like. But I used to love chains and safety pins!

Attachments

• mud.jpg
    mud.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 19
Hi everyone,

Angie, that place looks great, very relaxing! I am going to keep reminding myself to choose joy :)

Kate, in case I miss you later, Have a Great Trip!!!:D:D:D Not sure if you’ve been to Disney before or not, but if not, don’t forget to use the fast passes, it will save you so much time! Sorry, I have no info on the period, mine always came back way too soon!

Katie, thanks for sharing the pics! I am so happy for you and Chris, and Collin too :D:D:D

Colleen, hope your dh has a great birthday! Good luck w/your presentation! Hope you are feeling better.

Wendy, sorry your knee still isn’t doing good, I have been having the most trouble w/kickboxing making mine hurt.

Nina, hope your day at work is going well, I know you miss the boys! Great job on getting up each morning!

Becky, have fun w/Jackson today :)

Anne, just trying to get through work, was telling my dh this morning it’s the end of the week, the end of the month and the time when quarterly stuff is due!! Hope the visit tonight isn’t too bad for you. You look great!!! I love the whole outfit!

Klaudia, sorry the breakfast didn’t work out so good. How are the girls doing?

Hi Lisa! How are you feeling?

Thanks for the encouraging comments! I appreciate you all being willing to listen :) It’s nothing big, more just too many little things, so I will feel like a major complainer listing it all out :) Dh was looking for some getaways places for this summer and we found a nice place in Arlington and then will try to go so Wicked in nyc – I think he was trying to find something to get me out of my down-and-out-ness :) He lived in nyc all his life and never got to a broadway show and dd’s and I have never been either, so that should be fun.

Clintonya

i need to go to bed but could not resist checking in....

katie, love love baby skunk and hearing a heartbeat. i am so excited for you, and your vacation. can you send me a link where you go? i want to check it out.

kate, have a wonderful trip. i recommend seeing a doc. you know i have period issues too. i am sure my bf is not too low. anyways, if only for bone health you should talk to them. they can measure fsh and lh and stuff. when do you plan to stop nursing?

clintonya, i think a vacation sounds excellent. sometimes just having one planned is a perk up.

angie, i did not do 40/20 for that very reason today. i woke in a bad mood from a disconcerting dream. i ran and did ccc b/c it is so mindless and i am not worried about falling:eek: your place looks fab.

klaudia, so, even if you cannot run, how many people can do pullups like you??? sorry about the bust of a morning. did the girls have fun with grandparents?

colleen, enjoy your dinner out and feel better.

anne, love the pic, love the outfit. maybe you could shop for me?

wendy, i understand ids getting on nerves. it is so much worse when you are sleep deprived too. enjoy that class - sounds fun.

i am so proud to say i got up, did my workout, got to work on time, got them picked up, dinner, and we all walked around the block. everyone had a great evening, and i am getting in bed with my new book, the help. hope dh gets in around the time i hope to go run;) love that tomorrow is friday!

Nina, I LOVE the energy in your posts. I think the sleep has to be making you feel SO much better. Did you say it's melatonin you are taking. Can I ask the dose? I just tried to figure it out all on my own. It's working for now, so I don't question it !!

Kate- hurray!!! Vacation time is HERE !!!! I'm so excited for you, almost like I am going, but unfortunately- I'm going to keep waking up in Ohio and the weekend is going to rain again. :(
My sister called from Colorado this morning and it was SNOWING there, so at least we aren't getting THAT !!!

I had a great time with Jackson. He is SO funny. But MERCY, he did NOT want to go for a walk today !!!!! He had a FIT when we tried to put him in his car. He has one of those that is like a wagon, but has the steering wheel and it looks like a car............well , he was only happy today PUSHING it, no way was he getting in, so it wasn't much of a walk..........but we still had fun. :)

Heading to bed. Goodnight !

Guys, I am so stressed its not even funny, Mike is so sick. Puking sick. I could really cry right now. We have spent so much money on this vacation and if I have to spend it holed up in a condo with puking kids I will be very much not happy. Send healing vibes our way!

Kate, I am so sorry!!! Do you think it could be the sickness you were mentioning he had and not something contagious? I hope he feels better soon. I wish I could offer some more advice :(

Clintonya

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.