~~~Watercooler~~~Talking Tuesday~~~

aschendell

Cathlete
Just starting us out...back after I wake up the Diva. Wish me luck since she is a complete bear in the morning...

I think I caught up with everyone except Jeanette last night...Busy day for me today...It is our election primary here today...and I am volunteering with the democrats to drive people to polls who don't have another way to get there...My civic duty of the month!!

Back in a bit!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Just back to say that I ended up doing SH bis and tris yesterday...Don't know if I will have time to workout today since I will be carting old folks around...but we will see. CBL is coming over for dinner tonight...and we are making homemade ice cream...Not for dinner...well, maybe for dinner...LOL!

Back in a while to check on you guys....Hope everyone has a fantastic morning!!!!!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Morning,
Wow, where is everyone? I hear an echo in here.

Today was 4DS Chest & Back, then abs from BM2. Bike hill climb tonite. I also need to get some yardwork done tonite as I don't want to be stuck doing it on Saturday. Would like to get DH and the dogs out on the Rhino. We need to let the wind blow our hair around some!

Debra, enjoy that homemade ice cream for me. I was just telling my folks that I'm going to plan a family event around homemade ice cream soon. Who doesn't love something like that? Will you be putting strawberries on the ice cream or are you soooo over strawberries today? Love your Avatar!!! Yep, you guys look pretty happy together! Maybe the secret is to hire out the mulching and yardwork.

Hope my Platemates come soon. They were shipped on the 2nd.

BBL,

Jeanette

Hi Coolers!

I'm still alive :D We've just been very busy, but I'm still here. I've got to get my (double) science lesson started, but I'll be back later on to catch up properly. I hope you all are doing well!

Carol

Hello Ladies!!!!

Today is massage day!:) :) :) :) :)

I plan on completing GSL floorwork with Shoulder ^^ before I get ready for the massage.

I don't know if I was tired last night... Yes, I was tired last night. I finished organizing the school/computer room. I can't believe how I ever lived without the two bookcases we bought. Now, dh and I are thinking of replacing one of the older bookcases with a new bookcase to match the two new ones. The finish is the same, but it's noticeably smaller than the new bookcases. And, I can always use another bookcase!!! I'll just move the older bookcase into another room.

I've gotta take some smaller bookcases and outgrown items to the Goodwill today. I'm ready to part with it!!!

We now have enough space in the computer/school room to get a small, comfy loveseat, chair and table. This room is the back part of the living room. It's separated from the living room by two half walls and support columns. So, people can see this room when they visit. I thought about closing it up, but I hate to feel confined.

Anyhow, I was feeling strong during GS legs. However towards the end of the calf burners, I just didn't have the motivation or stamina to continue. All I kept thinking about was going to bed. So, I went straight into playing with Eoin.

Carol: You would be so proud of my organizing! I found enough room in the art supply cabinet to hold science experiments and some board games. I used to have a rubbermaid box for each of the girl's schoolwork. Kinda of like your crate idea, only bigger. It wasn't as successful for us. The girls would pull everything out of their box. It ended up making a huge mess if I didn't keep on top of them. It's so much nicer getting that stuff up off the floor, into bookcases at eye level, and easily accessible. Thanks again for helping motivate me to organize!!!!

Jeanette: I was thinking about Tillie last night. How's she doing? Baby would love to live your life. Heck, she loves it when we take her for a ride in our closed up car!:7 ROFL about hiring out for mulch work!!!! It seems like ages since you ordered those platemates. Were they on back-order? Mine were when I purchased them. Seems like a lot of Catheites smothered them with platemate orders. That's the power of Cathe!!!

Debra: Whooo Hooo! I'm so excited you're leaning towards going to the Eoinfest!!! I'll feel so much at ease knowing I won't be alone in some foreign city. I was getting Bangkok flashbacks while thinking about it!:eek::7 Phil's union does the whole get out and drive campaign on election day. He doesn't do it now that he's no longer an apprentice. But, man oh man. Those union boys have fun at rallies! They slip away in the middle of a rally and meet up at the bar. LOL

Okay, I'm going to post this and open up another post for catch-up personals.

Wendy

Jeanette: I am not ignoring you!!!! I am just behind on personals! Poor Father Tony! What a freak accident! How long will he be out of golf? Looks like the golf instructor should help with your game!!! Will your family (and their little dogs too) be joining you guys at the campsite this year? Isn't this the time of year of you to be making birthday CC for your son?:9 I'm glad you had such an awesome ride the other day!!! You deserve it!!! Have a great one again today!!! Feel me puffing on your back!:)

Patricia: What a sweet dh. Tell him I said thanks!!! Have you decided if you're going to spend a weekend of Blissology with Eoin?

BRB, gotta a phone call.

Wendy

Hi Guys.... Just HAD to come in & say.....GET CIRCUIT ZONE - Tracey Staehle's newest.... HOLY MACKERAL!

Its done in Cathes BC fashion...1 minute everything with legs thrown in EVERYWHERE...Its the best (for lower) of Plyo, KickMax Drills, VersaLoop work, - its all the non traditional lower work (standing) so its a FAB addition to your weekly leg work.... The upper body moves are done very well and get in there real good...Theres mix n match options for all....LOVE IT!

For those who have Foam Roller - she does a 6 minute bonus stretch with that too

4 Premixes
Workout as produced is about 75 minutes and FLYS....
7 circuits w/ 5 bonus circuits

GET IT!:)

Morning Coolers,

Today workout was a 3m run, 4DS Back & Biceps plus 4DS LIS Core. :D Had a driver that wasn't moving over this morning, and I was on a portion of the road that doesn't really have a shoulder. It is a ditch. So here I was standing in a ditch, until this car passed me. Managed to make it all the was up the BIG hill today. In the past I have had to stop to catch my breath! So does that mean my endurance is improving? :D :D Just a beautiful morning for a run, no breeze and not to cold.

Debra, Have fun doing your civic duty today. :D :9 on the homemade ice cream. Sounds like a fun night. ;-) My boss didn't actually give me the bonus, it was from my bosses boss. Now that does sound funny. My boss has actually been in a pretty good mood, so maybe this isn't such a bad thing. To tell the truth his soon to be X was not a very nice person. We went out with them once, and she insulted my co-worker. I couldn't believe it. He is a little on the chuncky side, and he finished eating before most of the people at the table. She said, "Boy you sure inhaled that fast". Of course my co-worker didn't have to take a cigarette break half way through the meal either. Then DH and I went out with my boss and his wife to a bar afterwards. She saw some people she new there, and she talked to them all night long. So I didn't get a good impression of her at all.

Jeanette, Hope you are able to have some fun in the Rhino. You need to let your hair blow in the breeze. :D I enjoyed Lowmax when I was at the blast sections. For some reason my right knee doesn't seem to like step workouts. It felt funny a couple of times, but it doesn't hurt so all is good there.

Wendy, Does sound like your body was ready for some rest. Have a great massage today. Sounds like you will need it with all the organizing you have been doing lately. ;-)

Carol, I'm waving as you fly bye! ;-)

Traci, What is this you fly bye, and make us spend money! :7 :7 it does sound like a good workout, I was waiting for reviews on these before getting them. I had seen at VF that the core workout she just made is suppose to go retail. Maybe this one will too.

Hope everyone in Canada is ok today!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good morning,

Off to do IntervalX and Abs/core+. Yesterday I began the Classic+ rotation with Upper Body+ and Abs/core+. Not sure why I have to do Abs/core+ 2 days in a row, but whatever. Just suck it up and do it, Sandra.

A freak accident with the prison priest?? I'll be going back and reading that for sure. I hope nothing serious!

TraciX - you come out of lurkdom to enable us to purchase more workouts?? Go back to the dark cave from whence you came!!! :) :) :) I'm glad you found a gem. :)

Wendy, Debra, Jeanette - I'm being rude again this morning and putting off the personals until later. You can put me in a time out, if you want. I'll come back and apologize profusely, later. Yes, I'm procrastinating apologizing for procrastinating.

Still putting the Rastin in 'procrastination'!
Sandra

AOL sucks! It took many tries and forever to load up my mail. It never loaded up my emails so I could reply. And, I'm in no mood to punch emails today! Emails will be sent out when AOL decides to play nicely!

Sandra: Did you survive your ab workout today? No need to stand in the corner. You can chat while massaging my back.:+

Laurie: Have you decided where you'll spend your bonus? I see Traci gave you some idea!

Traci: Nice popping in here and spending our $$! I'll chat with you in a bit!

Debra: I didn't forget about you either. Have lots to say to you Young Lady.

Patricia: WAKE UP!}(

Kim: Where you at? Shoveling a path in the snow for another 10 run? Or are you hiding your X grad pics from me?:+

Carol: I'm still waiting for an update. Are you keeping up with the rotation?

Hi to All Lurking!!!

Going to suit up and push play.

:* :* :*
Wendy

I'm back! Actually, I had to sneak on while DS is watching his Latin lesson on DVD... He's doing his schoolwork SOOOOOOOOOOOOO slowly today! ARGH! Anyway, I'm (mostly) keeping up with the rotation. I have Imax 2 on tap today :D :D :D We had a fun weekend. MIL was here and she went to DS's karate lesson Friday afternoon. Then on Saturday, DD1 had her first ballet performance. She was SOOOO cute, even if the stage moms put hooker make up on her, lol. It washed off pretty quickly after getting home ;-) Sunday we had to run all our errands and do all our weekend chores that didn't get done on Sunday. Yesterday was yet another trip to the orthodontist (whom I love, but the hour long drive each way does NOT help my bank acct with these gas prices!) and then to a make-up karate class (DS was sick on Saturday). Whew! Today is somewhat normal. I do have a homeschool book sale at church later this afternoon, but I'm not selling this year, only buying :D Thursday is our last Bible study day for the year and then Friday I'm going to the large homeschool convention 2 hrs away (staying at a hotel overnight as it's a Fri/Sat event). Then it's Mother's Day... Then 4 days later, I leave for CA. Where's the pulling out hair smiley? lol. I'll doing my best to stay with the rotation, but honestly, as long as I get some workouts in, I'll be happy.

Debra -- I'm coming to YOUR house if you're having homemade ice cream for dinner :9

Wendy -- I hope you enjoy your massage :D and a ^5 for the organizing!!

Traci -- Thanks for the tip about the Tracey workout :D I haven't looked at any of her new stuff yet. This one sounds like a great workout!

Jeanette -- Sorry about the obnoxious driver, but great job with the hill work!!

Hi to everyone else! I hope you all are having a great day!

Carol

Just a fly by post from me right now. Busy, busy! Have a lot of commitments the next couple of weeks with one of the executive boards that I volunteer on for our professional association. Had a meeting tonight after work and a few events to plan.
I did a quick run on the tm (CC#3) when I got home and now have to have a quick late dinner, and say hello to the kiddos.

Sorry Wendy, no X pictures never did them. :eek: What do you mean when does our snow leave, I think you better remember to pack your parka and boots when you come to visit Eoin. Yes Debra we have horrible terrible mosquitos probably very similar to Minnesota.
Kim

Good Evenings Folks

Yes, I'm awake. Got to work and never stopped punching ##'s into a massive spreadsheet ALLLLLL day. Got to get it done tomorrow so no time for chat until now.

Went to my Yoga class tonight and then came home and did Lowmax - cardio combos only. Starting to feel more comfortable with the sweat factor and will start pushing it tomorrow. I haven't done a circuit in a while so might pull out the high step.

Wendy - I think I'll come and see what Eion is all about. Have to remember to book tomorrow. Probably just for the Sat/Sun sessions. did you enjoy your massage. So envious.

Debra - I can't have ice cream in the house. I eat a bowl everynight until it's gone. One of the things that I just can't resist:p How did the chauferring go today? Do you get paid at least for the gas? Any backseat drivers?

Jeanette - I would like to have your energy. Bike ride and yard work all in the same evening..

Sandra - how is DS feeling now. Hopefully all better.

Laurie - hope your day got better after that rude driver. Great on the endurance improvement. Don't you love it when everything comes together - makes all the hard work worthwhile.

Carol - just filled up my Civic and it was $50:-( I threw out a triple air miles coupon about 2 weeks ago figuring I would never use it as it was only good for fillups of >$50. Little did I know...

Best go and spend sometime with DH. Haven't seen much of him the last few days

Talk tomorrow.

I LOVE my massage therapist!!!!!!!!!!!! Patti worked on me for 1 hour and 40 minutes tonight!!!!!!!! She got into deep places!!! Since I've been a good massage student with relaxing my shoulders and faithful yoga stretches, she didn't have to focus on my back too much. She was able to work more on the actual problem, my TIGHT delts. She got up under my armpit and I thought I was going to cry! She played around with some Thai massage since she could feel my legs were tight... in a good, healthy way. She told me that I should feel healed up in about a month!:)

My homework assignment for this week is to work my pecs with chaturungas and strengthen my weak delts with high reps, very low weights (5 pounds). I'm to ice my delts whenever they become inflamed. But, tonight felt sooo good!!! Not like last week where I was in serious pain.

Bad News: She doesn't want me doing any pull-ups or chin-ups until my delts are in better shape.:-(

Dh's homework assignment is to learn some new massage techniques in order to get those delts loosened.}(

Can I just say that splitting GSlegs over two days is not a good idea. Floorwork is not easy when you have DOMS from the standing work!!!! But, I persevered and followed it up with Bliss Rider. Ahhhhhh

Patricia: There you are! Don't envy me!!!! You would not want to have to get a massage under my physical conditions. I am committed to getting healed. Yippee! The more the merrier!!!! Will you be staying overnight in Toronto? Normally, I would have jumped on the free facial. But, I am so happy with the MyChelle products that I have no desire to mess up my results with foreign ingredients. LOL

Kim: Okay, I know you're busy. But, I must insist you post pictures of yourself. That goes for you too Patricia! How do you expect me to spend a retreat with you if I don't know what you look like. Heck, I thought Debra was a man for the longest time before she finally posted pics of herself!!!:+ If Nicole was posting, she'd be harping for a picture by now!!!!! Laurie can tell you now that I will NOT let up until I see your pearly whites!!!:D

Carol: What a busy life you lead mothering your dc. I should take note. }( I have a ton of homeschooling books to sell. Are you in the market for Melody Lane, Megawords, Signs for His Glory, BJU Math????? Enjoy CHAP! I'm going to SEARCH this summer. Ginger Plowman is going to be one of the speakers. She is such a funny, sweet woman. She sent me an email and an autographed copy of her book after I told some people about her Wise Words for Moms chart on an email digest.

Laurie: Can you send me some of your endurance. I've seemed to have lost mine.:+ Congrats on your bonus!!!! Putting up with your boss does pay!:) Wow, your boss' wife sounds like a real winner. Too bad she didn't stay married to him.:eek: }(

Traci: I'm not listening. Lalalalalalalalala:p :+

Sandra: I hope your dear, sweet, potentially toxic, little girl is feeling better and letting you get some rest.

Jeanette: How was your ride with the girls today?

Debra: Without going back to jog my dwindling memory.... What's up? I see you're probably on another sugar high. :D Will CBL be our driver in Toronto? Or is he exclusively yours that weekend? He is a sweetie to join you in Toronto. Phil would only go if I threw a major temper tantrum. And, I'm not willing to go there! Let him stay home and make me some money!!! }( Now, you've got me nervous. Don't you know my parenting skills by now?!?!?! I make my girls walk on my legs and glutes! They learned how to count backwards from heating up my coffee! I've been known to let them skip breakfast!!! :eek: }( I wonder what tales you'll be telling everyone after our shore vacation. Keep in mind. I know where you live! :eek: :p :+ ;)

Okay ladies, I'm off to teach Phil how to reach my scapula from under my armpit. :7 :7 :7

Hugs and Kisses!!!!
Wendy

Hi ladies,
Got lots done today at work and then a few things at home. Did a hill climb with 3 other gals. That felt good! Next Tuesday, we will do our local steep hill, which should set me up good for the triathlon on Sunday, the 18th of May. Did the dishes, laundry and mowed the lawns. Also practiced my golf swing on the whiffle balls in the front yard. Stopped by Mom and Dad's after work to change into my bike clothes. Grandma was getting a breathing treatment. I called Mom later and she said that Grandma was perkier tonite. Hope the 3X a day treatments help open up her lungs so that 24/7 oxygen gets in there good.

Wendy, how was the massage today? Did she work it good? Must feel good to stand back and survey your hard work on the bookcases. And you have a nice seating area too. Is it cozy and a good place to curl up with a book? Tillie is doing great. DH was taking a shower and called for me. He wanted me to get Tillie so he could give her a shower. She was hiding under one of the couches. She hates her shower, but I caught her, handed her to Ray and he shampooed her. She's all clean and I think she liked her shower tonite. She's such a little turd. I looked on the porch today, hoping the PlateMates had arrived, but no, not yet. They were shipped on Friday so I expect them sometime this week. I though Father Tony would come in today and let me know how his finger was, but I didn't hear from him. Guess he tripped over a sprinkler at his house. I think he'll be sore for a while. It's his right hand and he couldn't write something that needed to be written so I did it for him. I'm putting out the invite for any family that wants to to come on out for Memorial Day camping. DH and I will probably scout out an area on Saturday. Yep, DS's birthday is the 26th so I'll be making a cheesecake. The ride on Sunday was fabulous!!! I love a challenge, and it was all I wanted. Actually easier than I thought it would be, but I didn't go all out because of my girlfriend. Didn't want to leave her too much, though her DH rode with her a lot too. She found the ride to be a little too tough for her stage of training. She didn't ride her bike over the winter, but cross country skied a lot. It's good cross training, but nothing beats just riding to get better at it. The others thought we had a tail wind today going up the hill, but I knew it was you puffing away!!! Ooooh, I just read where you had a great massage. I used to get them regularly after my organized bike rides. A little treat for myself. Then I started getting my hair highlighted with that money, but I still miss those massages. Will be time pretty soon to go with DS's girlfriend for a spa day. Have I told you lately that your Phil is a saint? Massage and yoga. He needs to give my DH lessons.

Traci, come back, waaaahhhhh!

Laurie, way to go on making it up the hill without stopping!!! I'd say for sure your endurance is increasing. The bike hill climb next Tuesday is one of those that is so steep you could easily walk faster than we are pedaling. I mean 3 or 4 mph steep. And lots of body English on the bike to get up it. Contortionist moves. You just tell yourself to hang on, don't stop, keep going, I can see the top, anything to not stop. Just always been one of those climbs where you feel good if you don't have to stop. Plus, it's hard to get going again on a hill. What are you going to do with your bonus? How's that dress coming along?

Sandra, so you are going back to the X workouts? Good for you, or rather better you than me. I just can't get into it right now. Maybe Tony had a little too much of the sacrificial wine and tripped on the sprinkler. Looked to me like a dislocation, but what do I know?

Carol, I'm exhausted reading about your day and the upcoming plans. Good thing you're in good shape to handle all of that. Just another benefit from all this working out, more energy. Hope you can post a picture soon.

Hi Kim! How many miles you running this weekend? Check in when you can. Oh yes, we need to see a picture of you too.

Patricia, whew! You are busy, busy, busy! All of us are here lately. I'd sure like to just relax and call in sick some day. A girl can dream can't she? I have a busy week next week, but the inmates have been bad and both yards are on lockdown status so things might get quieter. I can do quieter. Yep, we need a picture of you too.

Okay, got to go. What happened to Nicole and Lea? I feel like everyone is jumping ship. WAAAAHHHH!!! Something I said??

Debra, where are you today? Now I remember, you are driving people around to vote. What a patriot you are!!! Hope you don't get any backseat drivers like me.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.