~~~STS 6 MONTH ALUMNI~~ September 12

Okay, the party went well! We were at the hotel by 5 pm and all the guests were there by 6:00. DH ran and picked up pizza, helped out for the evening and then went home to sleep. He came back the next morning around 8:30 with breakfast.

Friday night the 5 girls (and by sister brought by 2 little nephews) swam for like 3 hours!!! DH and I just sat by the pool watching so pretty relaxing, My poor sister stood in the water at the bottom of the waterslide the whole time catching her 3 year old.:confused:

Then they were hungry again so more pizza and cupcakes and into pajamas. All 5 of them went into the kids' bedroom to watch tv and if the door was closed I could hardly hear them. I laid down in the other bed with my book and it had been such a long week I was like instantly asleep. Super comfy bed. But of course they were opening the door/playing till late so I kept getting woken up. At 1 am I said everyone in bed and by 1:30 they were all asleep. No fights, everyone got along. They all got up between 9 and 9:30.

Of course they had to swim again Saturday morning before check out at 11 am. I was home by noon but I was just feeling out of sorts! Headachy, tired, etc. I spent a few hours planning a Disney vacation for a friend:p:p:p. Then just veggied the rest of the day, I just felt out of sorts. I felt so quilty not working out especially reading all of your great workouts!!!!! This September rotation is going to take me till mid-October at this rate!

Well next weekend is my bus trip to Minnepolis and then hopefully I can settle into a routine that includes sleeping at home most weekends at least until we move:cool: Life just seems so crazy the last 6 weeks.

This afternoon is the Banjo bowl. Big football game with our city's team and our biggest rival so we're going to that. Our team doesn't have much of a chance:confused: and I will do Legs and Glutes.

Jo I'm so glad that you are feeling better, good enough to do all of LIS!! WOW, and what good grades you're gettting!! Is homework taking a lot of time.

Cendrine I forgot about your ds's soccer team! It sounds like he enjoyed it! Do they play in the winter at all?? We signed ds up for hockey and that should be starting soon. That's neat that your friend bought STS on your recommendation, let us know how she likes it. I've bought both sisters Cathe workouts for gifts over the years and they have never got into her workouts. One coworker bought 4DS upon my recommendatin and liked it but doesn't seem to use it much. Yah, on the MRI on Wednesday at least then you'll know what the issues/plan is.

Rachael I had a similar day as yours yesterday, lying on the couch. At least you got the leg workout in, now I'm a day behind. I had some plops instead of pikes as well in KPC:confused:;) which I did Friday before work. It's fun doing the same rotation as someone else.

Well ladies, autumn is here. I had my bedroom window open last night and I was awaken this morning by the geese at the nearby lake! The are super loud at dusk and dawn, I've just started to notice them the last couple of days. The geese fly south for the winter and there are starting to go!!

Oh Kim, well sounds like the girls had fun! You feeling out of sorts is kind of what I was wondering you'd feel! ;) And more activities today! You do have a busy schedule. You need the week to catch up! :D Yes the homework is taking a bit of time. This week I decided to log my time for each class so I know exactly how long it's taking. I think I'm spending about 6-7 hours per class but not sure (might be more!).

Rachel, yes I LOVED the Outlander series. It's one of my all time favorites. If you do read it...it seems a lot of people have trouble with about the first 50-100 pages of the first book - once you get past that you'll be hooked! (I didn't have any problems.) The first book was the first book Diana Gabaldon ever wrote and she's an amazing writer! The book has everything: history, murder, war, sex, love. I hope you do read it.

Cendrine, what are you up to today?

So many times when I'm in the shower, I'll have a song from one of Cathe's workouts pop into my head...or sometimes when I wake up. Then I'm trying to figure out what workout is in my head!? :p:rolleyes: Does that ever happen to you guys? I'll just get a piece of something and then I think it's a step workout and will try to put the movement with the clip I'm getting in my head! Sometimes I figure it out and sometimes I don't! Crazy huh?

Speaking of Cathe! I think I'll go figure out what to do!

Good Sunday!

I told yall I would be a lot more productive today. So far I have made granola, given the puppies what I like to call their spa baths...even though they are not as into it as I would be if someone was doing that for me. I mean who wouldn't want to be rubbed and lathered for 30 minutes or more...and now dh and I are starting the gym floor. Now he just cam in here and started saying " My dh is so cool and sweet":rolleyes:...he is mocking me of course because I told him I had to come check in and let yall know the gym floor was going in. He is all those things but I don't need his head to get any bigger.:p:D

Jo-I started the Outlander last night and I think this one is one I am going to love. I only got about 40 pages in but so far I am trying to figure out what she is going to link together from the past and her future. I am very excited to get into a new series. It has been a while. Seeing how excited you are though, makes me want to spend the rest of the day reading but I better help dh ;)
I bought it a long time ago and lent it to my MIL and she said she couldn't get to it so I got it back yesterday.

Kim-It sounds like the hotel was a big hit. I would not be surprised if your dd is invited to a friends sleep over at a hotel in the future. I bet you are ranked as #1 mom right now for sure.
I am ready to hear some geese around here but it is a little later in the year. My ex- FIL has a pond that they make a brief stop in and you are right...they are really a lot louder than I expected them to be. I don't know why I did not think they were as loud as they were considering you can hear them in the air from pretty far away.
I am having fun doing the rotation with you too. It is definitely keeping me obligated on those days I think about stopping a little earlier.

Cendrine-Hope you are having a relaxing day.

Better be off. The puppies are inside and they are being so good. When the cat walks by and tries to taunt them, they just look the other way LOL

Quick pop in again before I start homework. I did Step Moves this morning and then my own biceps and triceps version to keep total workout time at an hour. Today was the first day this week I haven't woken tired so I've kicked this cold!

Rachel, I LOVED that series so much that when I'd have 200 pages left to read I was off to the book store for the next book! There are now a total of 7. I think she is going to write one more then the series will be over. Of course when I started reading it, only the first 4 were out so then I'd have to wait a year! :confused: After I bought my Kindle I went and bought the whole series for my Kindle as I plan to read it again. I can't wait to hear how you like it! OH and the GYM FLOOR! You lucky lucky girl! Yes tell you DH that he's a sweetie and then some! ;):D:cool::p:eek::rolleyes:

Alright, time to hit the homework! I'll check on you all later!

Boy, I missed a lot! I was so busy all morning....;) We had put the pears we went picking into a paper bag for extra ripening time, because a good part of them were still hard. Well today was the day I cut them up, Half is in the dehydrator right now and the other half was made into pear crisps, some for now, some for the freezer. It smelled so good, real fall like with the cinnamon and all!

Kim, I'm glad the party went so well! I sure don't blame you for feeling out of it the next day, I know I would have too! What a fun thing to do for dd's birthday and how nice of dh to help with the food.

Jo, I get cathe songs in my head too sometimes and then I remember that workout and want to plan it into my rotation soon...

My back and bis and tris are sore from s&h, feels good!

Rachel, you are super productive! Such a treat to have workout floor!

Well, I'm going to catch some downtime.

Good Monday

Just a quick pop in before breakfast. I think it is going to be a busy day so I need to get started.
This morning it was 4DS HIS and of course it was as fun as ever. The only thing is I am kind of feeling that tinge in my elbow again. A little disheartening...I know yall all know how that goes:rolleyes: I am going to try to ice it on my off time today and see how that goes.

Of course the house is a mess again. You tear one room and closet up and the whole house looks like a wreck but after today there should not be any more floors being done around here.

Oh Cendrine, I am not that lucky...its not a sport floor. In fact I am hoping I did not mess up. We took the floor from the living area and put it in there. It is a wood laminate and I am hoping it is just slick right now because it is dusty.:confused: Only time will tell.

Ok breakfast is burnin gotta go

Rachel, when the time comes for us to do new floor, I will be talking to you about it! How is the wood laminate? A neighbor of ours got one in a few years ago, she said it supposedly does not scratch or get waterstains. Is the price diff between wood laminate and hardwood flooring huge? I imagine it's probably easier to clean a laminate? I so want the carpet out of our bathrooms!

Sorry to hear about your elbow acting up! I hope you can give it some tlc!

Hi Jo and Kim! Kim, our geography songs are taking us to Canada this week! I already told the kids about your geese congregating for the journey south:)

The dried pears are soo yummy, by the way! Among the four of us we've already gobbled up two trays full...LOL! I guess there are worse things to gobble up, huh?:rolleyes:

Darn Rachel! I, too, thought you were getting a sports floor! ;) Wouldn't that be great though? If we ever build a house I have told DH I want a sports floor. Oh I hope your elbow is okay! It's probably just going to be a little annoyance from time to time. I find mine only bothers me when I do endurance lifting...but not always.

Not much going on here today. It's Monday and that's about all there is to it! :p

I'll CBL!

Got 4DS HIS done this morning, same as Rachael. So far it's been great getting my workouts done in the morning, I love the extra time in the evenings.

Cendrine I would love to hear the lyrics of the geography song! I bet the pears are yummy!

Jo Glad that you are feeling better! Is your test tomorrow?? Hope it goes well. I should check out the Outlander series.

Rachael Hope those new floors are too slippery. I guess you could always put something on top of them. ;)

Just popping in one more time. Cendrine...look...we posted at the exact same time this afternoon! How did you dry your pears? When I tried pears they flopped! That's the only thing I've done so far that didn't work out for me...oh yeah and the clementines! :confused::confused: So tell me how you cut them and everything.

Yes Kim, my endoscopy is tomorrow. So if I post tomorrow night and write something weird you'll know I'm on drugs! LOL! It's at 1:00 but I have to be there at 12:15. They said expect to be there 2-4 hours depending on how I come out of anesthesia (sp?). DH is taking me.

Alright, off to do some homework! Talk to you all tomorrow!

Good Morning.

Sorry I did not get back yesterday. It turned out to be one of those days that nothing is easy. :rolleyes: Then by the end I was worn out.
DH finished the floor in the gym yesterday and so I started rearranging and cleaning out the closet in there. Since it is one of the last places that we really store stuff in, it is really dusty. From then on my nose dripped like a faucet. By the end of the day I was crabby and worn out from just blowing my nose. Ughh it was awful. But now it is done and I feel way better. I have a little more stuff to go through in other spare room and then I should have a pretty good Goodwill pile. It is so nice to get the crud out.

I think we might be going back to work next week...it is not a sure thing but I feel like I really used this time off really well. That usually is not the case so I am pretty happy with that. I am sure there is going to be a lot more down time this winter so I need to start listing things I want to accomplish now.

Cendrine-We got the wood laminate about 8yrs ago. It still looked really good. The only place that there was any show of wear is where the door stripping rubbed on it. It just had the marks a little.
I would not use it in any wet area though. Since dh and I were the only ones here it was easy to keep up with any spills but there were not that many but if laminate gets wet (especially in a bathroom) it will swell.
It all depends on what you get between the pricing on wood and laminate but for the most part wood can get a lot pricier. We were lucky to get an extremely good deal on ours.
I know just like you though...I could not wait to get all the carpet out.

Jo- I hope all goes well with the endoscopy today. I know you will let us know as soon as you know anything.
I am love love loving the "Outlander"! I am not a fast reader so I will probably not get through it as fast as you did but I love the way she writes the Scottish brogue. In my head I sound Scottish:p I tried to read a portion out loud to DH to show him how well she writes it but it just is not the same so I will stick with being Scottish in my head:rolleyes:

Kim-How was 4DS KB today? I have to admit I was not really on my game today and am surprised that I finished. I am at the end of my cycle and that normally gets me tired so all I really wanted was a rest day but I stuck it out and got through it.
After I mopped all the dust off the floors they are a lot better. Infact my foot drug a couple of times when I did not raise my foot high enough on the shuffles...again a little lazy this morning.:eek:

Ok I better get this room tackled. I am hoping for a little afternoon reading time.:D

Jo, good luck on your endoscopy! I hope all goes well and you get out of it quickly with no side effects....!

Here's what I did with the pears: First I cut them in quarters and cut out the core, then I placed each quarter with one cut side down and cut slices about one quarter inch thick and placed them on the grid, not the teflex sheets and dehydrated at just below 115° for 26 hrs. They really turned out great. How did you do it when you tried? We just finished eating our batch for dessert at lunch today....:rolleyes: All gone....

Rachel, sorry about your runny nose! There aren't many things quite as annoying as a runny nose! I'm impressed with everything you still got done! Thanks for the info on the flooring! I'm feeling tired too. I think it might be because of the s&h, it is more than I have done lifting wise since my injury, so maybe my body is just rebelling a bit. I did s&h legs and shoulders again today. The thing that's really hard this week for some reason is gearing up for cardio.... But on a better note, right now is the time I usually get hit with a bout of 2 weeks of headaches. But I had started that progesterone cream about a week before my cycle, which is when you are supposed to stop taking it and I have felt pretty good so far! I hope it's not just some coincidence!

Kim, I'm glad you are enjoying your extra time at night because of doing morning workouts! I like that about doing it in the morning too! I'm not sure how to give you an audio of the canada song! Sure would like to, but I am a bit challenged in that department...:rolleyes:

Hey gals...Just a quick pop in for me to see what is going on. I wanted to tell yall before I forgot about a recipe site I happened upon. It's NoMeatAthlete.com. Sorry I have no idea how to do the link thing:eek: It has other stuff on there too but I just stumbled on it this afternoon while I was looking for a healthy corn cake recipe to go with my black beans. I can vouch for the corn cakes...They were yummy. The other recipes looked good at a glance.

You awake yet, Jo?

Cendrine-I hope the creme really is working. Wouldn't it be great.?

Just finished 4DS kickbox. Decided to do it after work as the kids both wanted to go early for cross country and it's a longer workout but I really missed getting my workout done in the morning!

Went by the house on the way home and the shingles are all done. Looks like they got started on the plumbing and heating vents. Good to see something happening but I'm waiting for the more exciting things!;)

Jo Hope everything went okay!!

Cendrine I'm curious what the lyrics are to the song. Heavy weight lifing always makes me tired!

Rachael I like the kb/core part of today's workout but for some reason I was dreading working legs.:p It wasn't so bad in the end though. We have a small warp in the laminate in our living room from where one of dogs have an accident and we weren't home:confused:

Hi Girls! Everything went well and I'll get caught up again tomorrow with our posts. It was very easy however I woke up several times last night (ya know...wondering about the unknown...) so didn't get enough sleep and then I got up at 5:30 so I could have some coffee before I couldn't have any liquid.

So...bottomline, I have gastritis and he said my esophagus was a little red but the gastritis is the problem. However, of course you know this has all been getting better since I saw the dr last week. So they took biopsies to determine if there's bacteria and whether or not I need antibiotics or antacids or whatever. But it's very treatable and as I told you guys before I don't have any other symptoms so it's not like I feel bad or anything. It's more like having a skinned knee! :D

They did put me out and the whole thing took 15 minutes but I was there an hour before for forms, prep, etc. and then about 20 minutes while they were fiddling around in the procedure room before they put me out, and then about an 1 hour to 90 minutes after for recovery. So last thing I remember was the girl having me roll on my side and said I might feel light headed...then the next thing I knew a man was asking me if I wanted some water. I think then it took me about 10 minutes to come around, drank a couple glasses of water, got changed and then walked out to where DH was waiting. The dr told DH they were checking for whatever bacteria, gluten and celiac issues but nothing looked serious or alarming (which is what I thought). I had talked to my mom and she was all worried and I told her I knew whatever was going on was no big deal. Oh and they are just checking gluten and celiac (whatever that is) because I had mentioned in passing that bread makes me bloated but I never eat it. He said this is the easiest way to find out if I have any intolerance to it so since they're in there anyway...(did I make sense?) Anyway they did good on the anethesia - I think I came around quite quick. Oh and everyone I talked to that had this done said they kind of had a sore throat afterwards and I got nothing! (Maybe they didn't do anything???) :D So I came right home and fixed a big salad with salmon! And, I drank a ton of water!

Oh, and of all things...I could have had time to workout this morning...but alas, I couldn't have anything to drink so cardio didn't sound like a good idea! :p So I did homework instead! Okay, going to bed. I am rambling now aren't I? Personals tomorrow! I missed you guys today and thought about all of you before they put me out - I was wondering if you all got your workouts in! ;)

Hi you girls! What's going on? I got a good night sleep last night and of course slept too late so no work out today - YET! I do plan to do something when I get home.

Cendrine, I don't know why my pears didn't turn out. It sounds like I did about the same as you...maybe I didn't leave them in along enough. How ripe were yours? Real ripe?

Rachel, you've been plowing through those house projects! What are you going to do this winter? LOL!

Kim, oohhh...the excitement is mounting on the house! I'll bet you can't wait until your kitchen starts to come together!

Back to work! Just wanted to say Hello!

Kim, I am glad you mentioned that you are always tired when you lift heavy, that made me feel better! I'm taking it easy on the cardio this week and am just finishing out the two other s&h workouts to finish the week.
The Canada song words are really just the names of the provinces and Territories, nothing fancy, but they always manage to put the group of countries or in this case provinces into a catchy tune that really helps memorize them!

Jo, I'm so glad everything went well and that what you have is treatable. I am not actually sure what gastritis is, but am glad you'll be able to treat it! I'm also glad you had no sore throat and that you came around smoothly! Now you're all done! Good call not doing cardio given that you couldn't have water....LOL!
The pears were a mixture of just right and a few were a tad short of ripe. What didn't work out with yours? Were they still too wet, or what did you not like about them?

Rachel, I hope you are having a good day today!

A late post for me. I completely intended on getting up really early this morning. Dh needed to take the truck in for them to look at the brakes. We went to get the inspection and the emergency brake did not pass:rolleyes: So I was going to get up and get my day going early. I just did not have it in me this morning. I think my energy was out the window so needless to say no workout for me today. I was going to come home and do it but the heat just drained me even more. So here I sit in pj pants at 4 something in the afternoon. :p Oh well tomorrow is another day right? I guess IM2 is getting skipped this week. I would rather skip cardio than weights though. I always feel behind if I skip weights.

Cendrine-I am the same way if I am lifting heavy. I feel fine while it is going on and even that whole day but the next day it seems I am tired. Even if I do not get sore.

Kim-Kuddos to you for coming home and doing your workout. I just can not will it to happen hardly if I do not get it done in the morning. You are my HERO!
Yea on the shingles!!! I can't wait to see the outside when it gets its paint. You too I bet.

Jo-You are such a trooper. I don't think Mom's ever stop worrying! I think you were smart to skip the workout since then you would have really been dehydrated! That would have been miserable.
I have heard of celiacs disease but am not up to the specifics of it. I know that is what the gluten free isle at my organic store is all about.:p At least they are being very thorough!
Loving the book still!!!!!

I'm so glad that nothing looks too serious, Jo !! Sure sounds like they are checking out all the possibilies

Nothing exciting here, did 4DS Boot Camp in the morning, it was bit tight timing wise as the kids both wanted to go early for cross country but I made it. Just being lazy this evening.

Cendrien Did DH go for his MRI today?? Did he get any results?

Rachael Nothing wrong with a rest day when you need it! Imax2 for me in the morning, my favourite workout of all time so should be easy to get to!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.