~~~>STS 6 Month Alumni-Oct.17, 2010<~~~

I hope you have all had a great weekend. Sorry I wasn't in to post yesterday but I really was on the go from the time I got up.
My gf and I had a great day yesterday that started with a nice walk. We took her lab and he made a buddy on the road named Lilly, a little basset hound. They were too cute. Every time we passed any sort of water my gf would have to call "Dude", the lab, off of it. Then we were not paying too much attention and we heard a huge splash and there he was all the way up to his head in a creek. LOL She called him out and then when we went back by it he just could not control his self and back in he went...haha He was steaming when he finally came out. I love to walk with dogs. They just make it so much fun.

After that we went to lunch, killed time at Target and then to a movie..."You Again". It was a really fun day. Then of course it was home and then DH kept me occupied for the rest of the night with all that he had done all day.
Now today it is groceries and house cleaning. So not nearly as fun as yesterday but oh well , right? haha

Cendrine-I loved the cake. You are so talented! It looked just like Yoda! It is a wonder the other mothers have not tried to entice into making cakes for their kids. I can see why the ears tried to slide too. They looked life size.LOL

Jo-Way to go on LIC. It seems like it gave you a little pep today to get back to a little weights! My gf and I are kind of the opposite. She would prefer to do cardio and I prefer weights. I just like the way I feel after a good weight workout!

Kim-I don't start the second week of rotation until tomorrow. I don't know what I am going to do in place of the 40 min cycle when that comes up. What do you do for that?
Are you getting used to working out in the morning yet?

Good morning. I'm just relaxing with a cup of coffee, the rest of the house is still sleeping. Not really looking forward to IMAX 3 but maybe I'll be more motivated once I'm wider awake..
Rachael I was thinking of replacing the 40 min cycle with Low Impact Step wich is 40 mins also.

Yesterday I did Slow and Heavy Chest and Back.

Hi Hi! I'm just getting ready to take my Psych Final. I'm starting in 5 minutes. I have 3.5 hours to take it. I'll be back when I'm finished!

:eek:, Jo! So you are just getting into it then!

Nothing going on here today. I just thought I would see if yall were busy. LOL I am trying to learn my new camera and feeling more tech challenged by the minute. I think I might have eye cramps from looking through the view finder. :rolleyes: I really do think I need that eye exam. haha

Since it was a rest day for me there is no exercise to report.
So literally nothing to talk about.

Hope you all are stuffing your day with fun things!

Oh and Jo, I finished the book last week! Loved it. I started a book my friend wanted me to read and I am getting her addicted to the Outlander now.

I also got The Christmas Chronicles...Has anyone read the Autobiography of Santa Claus. I thought that would be fun to read during the holiday season.

Hi guys! Well I finished the first final. I decided to do Psychology first as I think it is the hardest. You have 3.5 hours and it took me 3 hours and 15 minutes. I don't know if I'll get a 100 but I will eat my Cathe hat if I don't get an A! There were 50 multiple choice and 5 essays. So, I'm taking a quick break here and then going to go do the other one. :D Oh yeah, and when I looked at my class information this morning, my new class programs were downloaded to my class homepage. So, another reason I want to get these tests done so I can rest before I start again!

I didn't get back to post again yesterday...but I ran down to Penny's as they're the only store that carries these slippers I like. They're just these basic dearform or form or whatever slippers, very inexpensive but they have light soles on the bottom and come up (loosely) past my ankles. I don't like to wear socks in my slippers so these are perfect so my feet don't get cold. I wear them until they fall apart! Anyway, they happened to be 50% off so got them for $12! Then I accidentally went to Lululemon. They just moved to a HUGE corner space in the mall and I accidentally bought a running jacket and shirt. I'll look online to see if they have them so I can show you, but I thought that should be my present for finishing my first semester!

Rachel, how fun with the doggies! They are soooo much fun and love and love and fun! There's a basset hound that comes and visits a neighbor down the street in the spring. Whenever he's here, he always comes up and sits on our back porch! Crazy! He loves DH! How was that movie? Is it worth seeing? Rachel, you could also do Step Moves for your 40 minute cycle. I think that clocks right in at 40 minutes. OR, there's a great premix on Drill Max that's 40 minutes...I forget which one it is.

Kim, did you get Imax 3 done? I'll bet you did!

Happy Sunday Cendrine!

Okay, off to wrap up these tests....deep breath...here I go!!!!

Oh my gosh...the data class took me the full 3.5 hours. I have a neck ache! It was way harder than I thought but I still think I did okay! YEAH!!! I'm DONE! Thanks for being here with me girls through this first Semester ride! So 3 classes down! I have 21 (or 19) to go! :D Yippeeee!!!!

Rachel, I forgot to say I'm ECSTATIC you loved Outlander!!! You just wait...oh my...oh yeah...I can't wait for you to read Volume 3! I have not read the Christmas Chronicles. In fact I haven't heard of it!

I have got to wash my face and go to bed!

Good Monday!

It was S&H Chest and Back and I love this workout. I feel really pumped after!:D

Since work got called off today, DH is going to fulfill that rain check and we are headed to Caddo Lake. It is a really beautiful natural lake that is full of Cypress trees. It is like you are going back in time when you go there.

Jo-Way to go on getting those exams done. I am sure you did awesome on both but that is a lot to accomplish in one day!
I did LOVE Outlander and am dying to read the next one but I thought I would get this easy read over. Then I saw The Christmas Chronicles and I couldn't pass it up. I actually got it for the first book in the series, "The Autobiography of Santa Claus". I saw it on one of the book threads on the OD forum and forgot about it until I saw it in the book store. I am a corn nut when it comes to Christmas:D

Kim and Cendrine-I hope yall are having a wonderful day.

BBL

Good Monday Morning!!!

I got a great night sleep. I'm up and out of here as my boss is here from Toronto this week.

Rachel, I hope you're having a great time today at the lake!

Here's to a GREAT WEEK for all!!!

We are amazing women!!!

:D:p:cool::cool::p:D;)

I posted some pictures of the house that I took on Friday. The drywall team was there today so hopefully I can post some new pictures later in the week:D

Cathe kept me busy today with Slow and Heavy Bi/Tri's in the am and then a 30 min brisk walk on the tm after work. I did get IMAX 3 done yesterday.

The Autobiography of Santa Claus sounds like an interesting book Rachael, what is it like? Enjoy the day at the lake!

Congrats with completing your exams Jo! I'm sure you did great! Not much rest before your next class! I love Lululemon, I'm wearing my capri pants right now;)

Hope you had a good weekend Cendrine!

Sorry I was not checking in yesterday... Sunday just flew by, but I'm here now! It's raining down here and cold....60°:eek:;) Depends on where you are from as to whether that is cold or not... LOL!

Ds made an obstacle course with all my Cathe equipment for PE and had a blast. He is using my pull up bar to do chin ups and I am jealous of his progress! LOL He is doing really well and the fact that he is doing well makes him want to improve even more and he wants us to be spectators every time...LOL! Meanwhile dd is learning all about ballet and shows me all her moves throughout the day...

I did tm and body max 2 weights today. I just really like that workout!

Jo, I was amazed to hear you take both your finals in one day! That's a lot of time taking tests! I'm not worried for you Cathe hat!;)

Rachel, the walk with the dog sounds so fun! And the lake outing sounds really great too!

Hi Kim, I hope you are hanging in there with all your commuting! It will end eventually, thankfully!

Hi all you crazy girls!

Busy Tuesday here with our out of town guests in the office. I will get out of here to go spinning tonight though! Then TBL is on the agenda this evening!

Rachel how was the lake?

Cendrine, good job on the workout! Wow, DS and chinups! Atta boy! And nothing like having a little ballerina! LOL! How cute!

Kim, love the new house pictures! Dang, lululemon doesn't have the jacket or vest or shirts online. The vest is goose down hoodie and it's reversible! You gotta get one!!! :p

Back to work! We're having a beautiful Autumn day. It's about 58 and sunny and crisp clean air! I love it!

We woke up to thunder and lightning today... the kids thought that was rather cool...:rolleyes:
It's pretty wet here, but I guess Washington still manages to be colder....LOL!
Jo, I hope you'll be able to make it to spinning, with all you got going on!
Kim, the house pictures are great, I bet you are getting more and more antsy...
I hope all is well with you, Rachel!

Ok :D
Sorry for not getting back later, I was pooped out yesterday by the time we got home.
First off we went to the lake I told you about. We were going to try out my new camera and when we got there , Dh realized he did not pack my battery since I was being good and following the directions which specifically said to remove the battery while not in use.:p:rolleyes: After a very brief bout of irritation, we went on to have a great day there. It is so beautiful. I did not realize how pretty cypress tress are while they are turning. With the moss hanging from them and there leaves turning shades of yellow and red, it is quiet a site to see. It had a hiking trail that was about a mile so we did that and then just hung out on the dock. We were the only ones there pretty much so it was super nice.
Then after that we headed to this town called Jefferson for a late lunch. This is a really neat little town. It used to be a major shipping lane so there are a lot of plantation houses. Now it has kind of turned into a tourist attraction. Right now they are doing ghost walks on the weekends for Halloween. There are lots of stories of hauntings there.:rolleyes: The other thing it is known for is the antique stores. There are dozens! Dh and I went in a lot of them but got tired of walking before we hit them all but there were several things I had my eye on while he drug me out of some of those stores. LOL Really really cool day!

Kim-I was on IM3 today and I guess I have not done that one very much because I got lost alot! I had to rewind a couple of times:eek: I guess I was tired from the walking because I really had a tough time with that one this morning.
To be honest I am not exactly sure what The Autobiography of Santa Claus is about. I know it is a fictional story but it just intrigued me. When I get into it, I will let you know how I like it.

Jo-I I forgot to say how funny it was that you "accidently" went into lululemon. LOL Too funny.
How long do you have before you have to start your next classes?

Cendrine-I am chilly at 60 too, so don't feel bad.haha But it sounds like you are getting our weather with the thunder and lightening! We really need the rain and are hopefully getting it this week.
Isn't it funny how easy a chin up comes to boys.

Good Morning

Not too much going on here. Thinking about hitting another State Park today.
I will try and come back later to report.

Have a great day!

Goodness, do I have sore quads today from yesterday's Slow & Heavy Legs/Shoulders.:confused::confused:

This morning I did Low Impact Step and yoga inspired abs (or attempted to do those ab moves:rolleyes:) The Low Impact Step was perfect on a day with DOMS. I'm sure ready for a rest day!! Will do PUB tomorrow and then take Friday off!:D

Cendrine My sister and family are down at Disneyland right now so hope it's not too cold! It's going to minus 3 tonight, first night down to the negatives. I might have to dig out a jacket for tomorrow morning;)

Sounds like a beautiful day at the lake Rachael!

Jo I "accidentally" ordered the Cathe calendar and firewalker loops:eek: I'm really supposed to be saving money after my big shopping trip, trip to Mexico and new house. I had 2 peanut butter cups today, a coworker brought in Halloween candy.

if you have minus 3 temps then your sister and her family will be walking around in flip flops and tank tops here....LOL! It's 68 right now, which I think is about 20°C, so I'm sure they think I'm a whimp....LOL I hope they have fun! It shouldn't be too crowded since it's cloudy and sprinkly every once in a while this week.

Chocolate! We must all be under its spell more so than usual, I caved big time today myself.... I hope you had some chocolate on hand, Jo, goodness knows you deserve a treat!

Rachel, have fun, enjoy the down time!

I do accidental buys at Costco all the time... I got these LED candles , they are even better than I thought. I got them initially for our advent wreath, but I'm gonna also use them on my wall hanging holders, because those things come with timers, they are on 5 hours off 19 hours, so they come on the same time each day and you don't have to worry about forgetting them, plus they have a real wax exterior, so they actually look like real candles, but they are scented, vanilla, but it's kind of strong, the gives me a headache kind of strong, so they are in the garage right now giving off some of that perfume before I put them in the house. I think I'm going to accidentally get some more since I have a coupon....;)

Well I have to admit that there is always a bag of dark chocolate and almond nuggets in the fridge:eek: Maybe that is why I am craving fried chicken instead...LOL
Kind of boring around here. I did pinesol the walls in the kitchen this morning even though I really needed to mop instead. Just really didn't want to.:rolleyes:
In fact all the floors could use a good clean but that is really not appealing to me right now so they will have to go dirty another day.

It was S&H legs today for me so I will be right behind you tomorrow, Kim with the doms , I am sure.

Oh I forgot to tell yall we did go to another State Park yesterday. This one had a nice 3 mile hike around a little lake. It was nice just to get out of the house. It is funny. I have lived in this area all my life and have never been to either of the parks we went to. I guess that really shows how home bodyish my family really was. I really don't want to be that way!
My DH told me that his mom used to bring him to this particular park all the time. It is funny how differently we all grow up.

Hope yall are all having a great fall day. The weather is Sunny and in the low eighties here, so very nice as long as you are out of the sun. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.