~~~~Coolers in May~~~

cab0899

Cathlete
Just thought I would start a fresh thread for the month! So you both ordered the tower, hmm, I sure thought about it, hope I don'' regret it.

Jeanette Hopefully you get some rain soon! The funny thing is it's so dry around here except for the flood waters. The flood water is all from snow meltoff so it's from river overflow but you get away from the rivers it's very dry but of course we can't wish for rain:confused: The fire risk is a annual thing for you, it seems!

Patricia Have you recovered from the Wiggles yet? The best part of those kids shows are that they aren't very long. It's always fun watching the kids. Did you have to buy a souvenier for a million dollars?? How are you enjoying sts??

I did disc 16B yesterday, have a little DOMS in the shoulder but not much. WTG Jeanette on keeping up with your weights!! How do you like the back off sets?

Today I think will be KPC. This morning I have to go get the race packets for the race on Sunday. It's the Police Half Marathon which is a cancer fundraiser. DH is running the full half marathon (13.1 miles). DS and I are running it as 2 man relay so 6.5 miles only. DS and I are running the first half together and then at the relay point we trade off to two of my running friends. DD wants to come and watch so my friends can watch her while ds and I run.

This evening we have tickets to the hockey game, our local team is doing very well in the playoffs so should be fun as going with a big group of people.

Remember my mom's friend that ended up in the hospital in Mexioc in January? He had another massive heart attack on Tuesday and is in the ICU. At least he's at home with his family around. It's not looking very good. Kim

Evening Coolers. This is the 1st time I've been on the computer since work yesterday. I took DS to his swimming lesson and now regret it. He has had a cough again on & off all week and when all the kids came out of the pool I swear they all were shivering. I don't think DS warmed up until the wee hours of this morning. The reason why I know this is at midnight he wakes up and he is curled up into a ball and just shivering. Lets say we did not get back to sleep until 4am and played musical beds:confused: So we stayed home today. I did not workout yesterday as I wasn't feeling too energetic myself but did do Disc 6B legs today. Hey, I'm 1/2 way through M1:D

Kim - I can't tell you how many times that tower was in my shopping cart before I finally committed:D I really like the idea of being able to store it when not in use. You know, it sure was not obvious that they were selling merchanise after the show, mainly b/c the stairs coming down the balconey did not lead you by the sale table. I had to go looking for it:) Was I nuts? I could have gotten out of there with out buying anything and no pressure from DS to buy either. Oh well, my purse was only $35 lighter:D I really like M1 so far but am looking forward to shorter reps. 4 weeks to go though for that:D I really like the sound of the relay race. It adds a bit more excitement and fun to it all. I didn't realise the race day was so close. I'll be thinking of you all on Sun. Since the whole family is participating I'm thinking take-out for dinner that night:p;) Sad news about your Mom's friend but at least this time all the pressure and stress won't be totally on her:( Hope your team won tonight.

Jeanette GREAT news on the PT:D and support from DH. Hmm, I don't see my DH getting out of bed to spot for me. Maybe if he was in the next room. We maybe having my 17yro nephew stay this summer so I'll make him do it if need be:D Great, now I'm regretting not buying the platemates. Hmm, a good excuse to make another shopping trip.:D Did you do RS today? I just don't really enjoy the music so much in that one. Not really motivating the way SJP is.

Okay, off to bed and maybe a snack too.

Hi lTTadies,
Let's see, what workouts have I done? Thursday was Rhythmic Step and STS Weights & Plates, then a bike ride with the ladies in the evening. Friday, I slept in and didn't work out. Today was STS Disk 17A (Legs), then golf with the ladies league.

Patricia, I think DH didn't have a problem getting up and spotting as he's unemployed for now (until mid-June). He'd better not complain:rolleyes: about getting up with me. I think you would really use the plateweights if you get them. I use them on every single weight workout now as I'm inbetween weights. I don't think you will be sorry at all. What are the weight increments for the Select Techs you have? I did do Rhythmic Step on Thursday. DH says it sounds like "circus music".

Kim, I'm enjoying Meso 2 a lot. I'm a bit confused as to why we are doing the backoff sets though. Feels too easy. That's bad about your Mom's friend. Hope he pulls through. Good luck and have a blast on your race with your son. Have you raced with him before? Will there be pictures? We'd love to see.

I bought some more fabric today. Also a clamp so DH can finish the picture frame I'm having him make for my quilt hanging. No way was I going to pay $194 for what they wanted to charge me to custom make something.

Must run, it's been rainy, little drizzle, somewind here lately. Mid next week is supposed to turn nice, nice.

Well the race is done! My running partner phoned me yesterday and she was sick with the flu :(:( So I got my mom to fill in :D:D We haven't got the official times yet but DH finished the half marathon (13.1 miles ) in about 1:38:D My friend and I ran the first half (6.7 miles) in about 66 mins and then my 12 yr old son and my 65 yr old mom (who never did any training) ran the second half (6.4 miles) in just over a hour. My ds's goal was to beat my time:rolleyes: and my mom's goal was to keep up with him. It sounds like they got alot of attention along the race course as there was very few kids running. The relay partners join up at the end to run across the finish line together and of course ds just sprinted way ahead:rolleyes: and some how dd ended up in there as well. Anyways lots of fun, and we had a nice pancake breakfasat afterwards. Mom and I did Stretch Max when we got home.

Patricia How is your ds feeling? My dd sure has quite the cough but no other symptoms and it doesn't seem to be slowing her down much. Our Manitoba Moose hockey team is doing great, won the game we were at Friday and again last night.

Jeanette Framing is so expensive. I do needlepoint and it's outrageous to get something framed. There should be pics from the race posted later, I'll post the link.

Kim

Wow Kim - that's great that your Mom could fill in. She must be in good shape too. I'm not sure if I could have done it:p That's a great time for you too. Hey, did DH get to meet you all at the finish line? I bet you all did nothing for the rest of the day! How are you feeling today? Can your Mom even move today?

DS still has a nasty cough, runny nose but at least no fever. So of course back to work and pre-school today. DH driving to Ottawa with his father today to have his laser eye surgery tomorrow. Good thing there are lots of leftovers for dinner tonight as I have a hard time cooking for just 1.5:p

Yesterday was Disc 7A - c/s/b. You know, they do feel like new w/os with how all the excercises are mixed up and some new ones thrown in. When my w/o card printed out on 2 pages I was worried at first, but those drop sets go by so fast it doesn't feel like "more" excercies. I have to go look to see what the rotation says for today.

Just a quick check-in for my w/o. Did Imax 1-7 combos/intervals along with STS med ball. Had a nice evening playing outside with DS. He say a neighbours kid with a 12V ATV and of course now wants one. I started shopping around for them last year and they are not cheap. Everything these days is when will it be my birthday and I want this for my birthday. I keep telling him he only gets to pick one gift. Ahh the I want fun has begun now:eek::rolleyes:

Have a nice night all.

Well disc 17 done for the second time! Looking forward to a recovery day/TBL tomorrow! Super busy day at work as my coworker (the one that was to run with me) was still sick with the flu so had to see some of her patients. Then dd's piano lesson, she is taking her Grade 1 music exam in June so just playing the same 4 songs over and over and over!

Patricia, my kids had some of those battery operated cars when they were little and had such a blast with them! My MIL picked them up used somewhere, I think it was the Northern store that used to refurbish them. Do you have a Northern store near you??

This race was much smaller than other races (1400 half marathoners, and 300 relay teams) so easy to find DH. They even let dd join ds and I to run the finish line, pretty easy going. It's the Cops for Cancer group. Super well organized race. Who's having the eye surgery your DH or your FIL???

Evening Coolers. Got a late start on my w/o but done! Just did Disc 8A - Back & Tris. I really like the crossover tri drop sets on this one. DH and FIL home in good time this afternoon. We ordered in Chinese so lots of leftovers for the next few days! It was a beautiful sunny day here today. A co-worker and I drove down to our lakefront and went walking on our lunch hr so got some extra cardio in. Boy, does she walk fast. She is older than me and functionally fit. I was really having to concentrate to keep up with her. Appearances are deceptive.

Kim - my DH needed the laser surgery due to his eye vessels bleeding. Hopefully this will be a lesson for him to commit to getting healthy.:mad: So are you joking with your co-worker about the swine flu? Hope she is better and that you work load lightens up. My sister and I both took piano lesson when we were kids and talk about BORING. I kept going back to it. Why don't they have us play something that is motivating. When I took guitar lesson as a teenager my sister's BF taught me so I got to pick music I liked (read - no Mozart or Concertos....). Hope DD does well. Wish I could remember how to play now. I can only play the notes from Close Encouters:( Hey, has DS been talking to you, trying to warm me up to the ATV idea. I would love to get him one. He is so spoiled being an only child. I've never heard of the Northern store. I'll have to keep my eye out for the garage sales.

Off to have my chocolate milk, and read before bed. Take care.

My mom's friend passed away last night. The funeral is going to be Friday. She seems to be doing fine but she is never a very emotional person. I'm sure it will be hard for her as they spent so much time together. I was stress eating tonight. Eating ketchup potatoes chips and chocolate chip cookies while watching TBL:rolleyes:

Hi girls,
Today was STS Disk 18A. I did fine with the back work, but had to lower my weights for the concentration curls. Also played golf tonite with a couple girlfriends and felt fatigued in my arms and back so not my best effort.

Kim, sorry to hear about your Mom's friend. That's so sad. Sounds like you had a great race! Will you be posting pictures soon? Don't eat too many of those choc. chip cookies.

Patricia, I got a walk in today on my break, though it was really windy. Had to lean into the wind. I love the way Cathe has made STS seem like totally different workouts. I've not gotten bored at all.

Gotta run, cardio workout tomorrow morning.

Kim - I'm sorry to hear about your Mom's lost :( Will you go to the funeral with her? Talk about eating junk food - those Girl Guide cookies are every where and I can't resist the vanilla ones:mad::confused:

I've made the commitment and going to get bangs at lunch. Hope I don't regret it!

Jeanette - I'm finding less and less DOMS and mainly only on my legs. Are you finding you can hit the ball further now? I saw over on the STS forum a comment about hitting further since STS. She may have already have completed it though.

Just checking-in with my w/o. Did CLX - Ab Burner and Burn it Off (HIIT). Played outside with DS tonight. It was an absolutely beautiful day:) Finally DS is pedalling his bicycle. We went around the block 2x:) He still has some difficulty but finally its coming together. Maybe in a few weeks I can actually get out and go walking with him and get some good extra cardio.:)

I'm off work tomorrow. Its our annual community service volunteer day and I'll be busy painting or such at an assisted living home. I think it's like a 1/2-way house for slightly handicapped people. Hope my legs won't be worn out for my leg w/o tomorrow night - Disc9A.

Take care

Did Step Heat today and yesterday was disc 19 for the first time. Cathe does double wave loading for this week of STS so makes the workout longer and harder! I have today and tomorrow off work!

Jeanette- What did you think of the biceps in disc 18! Those little extras she adds on makes it a hard workout! The race hasn't posted their pics yet, I'm hoping there is a good one of ds and my mom.

Patricia Did you get the bangs?? Yay! on the pedalling, I'm sure he's going to be on the bike lots this summer! What fun! Are you getting the cold weather coming your way?? It's cooling off big time today, prediction of snow for the weekend:(:(:(:(

Tomorrow I'll go to the funeral in the morning. My mom is going with her sister. Both of my sisters are also going but I don't think any of the DH's will take time off work to go. In the afternoon we have an appointment to pick up the camper! The kids are so excited. They will put a hitch on the SUV, hook up the brakes and give us a lesson on using the camper. DH is a little nervous about parking it on our driveway as we live on a little cul-de-sac. Then in the evening, it's my niece's birthday party (turning 10) so a busy day!

Kim

Boy, have we ever had nice weather the last few days. And Kim - keep your bad weather will you ;). I think we will be getting some of it though tomorrow. :mad:

Busy day painting yesterday. I did all the trim and edging work so up and down the ladder and on my hands and knees. I could barely open my hand from gripping the paint brush handle by the end of the day. Needless to say no w/o yesterday for me. I barely stayed awake for Survivor.

Afterwork I have my monthly mani/pedi appt. 1st day I've worn open-toed shoes yeah:D:)

I'm not sure what I'm doing tomorrow. I was going to the cottage to do some grunt work but it sounds like I might not be needed :p:p So our 1st baseball practice is on too so I'll probably be having some fun instead :p

Tonight I'll have to get in Disc 9A Legs that I missed last night and hopefully practice tomorrow will make up for my rest day yesterday.

Kim - oh, 2 days off! I see you're getting your trailer today so you'll be busy. That's exciting. When is the 1st trip? Will you let the kids sleep out there on their own during the summer? Do you remember setting up your tent in the backyard as kids and sleeping out there? Yes, I did get bangs. She cut a little too short and they fell heavy on my face but I'm getting used to it. I think I like it but not too sure yet. So you're about 1/2 way through STS now. Any results? Hope your Mom is doing okay today. I'm sure it must have been hard for her the past little while.

I saw over on VF that CIA is having a 50% off sale so I ordered a few DVD's that I really had no interest in b/4. Tonya Larson's Step (cardio & weights), the Gymstick w/o as I'm interested in doing a rotation with bands, and Kimberly Spreen's Kickboxing w/o. All the 2009 DVD's. Skipped on Amy's as I just can't get into her videos.

BBL.

OMG the bonus legs on Disc 9A was TOUGH. I'm glad I didn't try it last night after being so sore and tired from painting.:rolleyes::rolleyes: I also did standing ab work by Kathy Smith. My legs are shaking.

Off to bed as we're up and out of here early to get down to the cottage. Crossing my fingers it doesn't rain.

Take care,

Patricia, sounds like the painting was hard work! The mani/pedi was a well deserved reward by the end of the day! The baseball practice sounds like fun!

The funeral went well yesterday, well attended. The family made sure to include my mom. She's seems to be doing well but my mom isn't the outwardly emotional person, she just keeps very busy.

Then we went to camper school! It took about three hours! I think we passed. DH did great backing it into the driveway. The kids insisted that we set it up so we did and ate our pizza out there. Then it was off to the birthday party where I left dd but picked up two nephews:rolleyes::rolleyes: for a sleepover. I did fit disc 20 in at 9pm, it was actually a great stress reliever after such a crazy day.

Today, was CTX10-10-10 and ab circuits stability ball abs. Quieter day today just had to exchange kids and then take mine to swimming lessons. DH did a 18 mile run today, the marathon is getting close.
Kim

Hi ladies,
Happy Mother's Day today!

Looks like everyone is doing great. Played golf yesterday, had a bike ride Thursday night (good one). Staying busy with my sewing. This morning is a leg workout, then out for breakfast with DH. After that, we are taking the Rhino out to the woods to pick a camping spot for the Memorial Day weekend. Looking forward to that.

Just wanted to let you guys know I've decided to take a break from the checkins for a while. First time I've really done it in several years, but feel like I want to for a while.

Cyber hugs to everyone,

Jeanette

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE

Hope everyones day is going great so far. Got woken up at 5:45am so a bit of an earlier start then I would have liked:( Oh well, thats life. DH made french toast and even heated the maple syrup up before pouring it on. Yum Yum. It was trying to snow hear 1st thing so that will tell you what kind of day we're having. Hibernating - had to turn the heat back on:( I thought it was a good day to get to the bowling alley so we did that then I got taken out for lunch. While both DS and DH nap I did Disc 7A (C/S/B) and then BM2 - the WU and combos 1 & 2. Just don't feel I got in enough cardio last week. Lets hope I don't regret it during tomorrow's cardio.:p

I didn't go to practice after all. :( I ended up going down to the cottage and helped out with the 39 boxes of wood flooring we had delivered. Thankfully I only had to stay in side the cottage and towel dry the boxes as they were brought in as it started to rain. All the guys helping were soaking wet. Did mention we're water access only so everything has to be loaded onto the boat and up a hill. My 18yo nephew and friend helped and we made them do all the lugging up the hill:D:D Poor DH - he can hardly move the last 2 days since Friday he spent all day installing interlocking for the charity work.

Kim - lets see some pics of the new camper. LOL at the school. Reminds me of when we p/u the R.V. the 1st time last summer - 45min. walk thru - sure added to our 12 hr travel day:rolleyes:

Jeanette - no problem - especially with the nice weather here you don't want to be tied to the computer. Just pop in and say hi when you can.

Oh busy night on t.v. - Survivor and Amazing Race finalle plus my Celebrity Apprentice - the DVR will be busy:p

Take care

Morning!

Hi ladies,

I am taking some time from my work to give you guys a shout out! So busy at work, because I have been given more! That is what happens when they do lay-offs I guess. I'm almost finished with a vending machine project, and still working on financial reports. Seems like I'm now the go to person to help. Guess it doesn't pay to have an accounting degree! LOL

Family is doing well. Youngest DD is done with her dance classes. Her recital was on Saturday, and she did a fantastic job. Oldest DD is doing middle distance races, and is having some shin problems. Her coach says that she will probably be going to the state meet. DH is working on my dress. He is working on the complicated sleeves right now. Cami is still my crazy crazy dog. I have been dealing with van issues. My van wouldn't start one morning, and DH was in Vegas. Well that van sat in the garage until he got home to deal with it.

I need to get cracking, so I hope you all are doing well. I hope I can get back to chat tomorrow. I'm going to start making an appointment on my calander to stop and chat!

Laurie

Afternoon Coolers

Nice sunny day here in the north. Business as usual for this Monday morning. Yeah for a long weekend coming up:D I'm probably going to do IMAX2 tonight - must check whats on the rotation for STS cardio.

Laurie - good to hear you and the family are alive and well. Keep working that "go-to-person" right now though. At least the work days must be flying by for you. :D I've been a bit slow here at work and the days are just dragging...

BBL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.