~~~~clean-it-up-tuesday~~~~

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

Ryan snoozed his alarm this morning and I didn't even hear it so we slept in until 6:45 - OOPS. So, I'll have to workout later this afternoon. Today is my coffee day with the ladies at the church and then there is a luncheon/book club thing that I'm going to as well. Hopefully there is a lot of fruit. French eat weird things.

Eats were pretty good yesterday but we had this ham and cheese thing for dinner that wasn't super tidy but it was easy after a long day and I did pretty well with portion control.

Today I am going to do some cardio and a core max. I've decided I'm not going to do two weight days in a row and always do a cardio or stretch in between so that I can get adequate rest since I'm doing 2 uppers and 2 lowers each week. I'm feeling good after these WOs but I miss my sweaty mess Imax 2! Today is my first attempt at cardio since my foot fiasco. I'll let you know how it goes.

Gotta get ready to go but I'll be back for personals in a bit!

Have a great day - keep it clean. You guys are doing awesome!! I'll close out with Katie's mantra today:

"...so what do you want? Answer the question, then get busy!!"

I want: to LOOK and FEEL good in my bikini at the beach in TWELVE DAYS!!!:D

I had another not-so-good day. First of all, my stomach was hurting yesterday morning so when it came time to eat breakfast, I ate about half a bowl of cereal. Then I brought basically nothing to work for my snack so I only hand a hand full of almonds, then no afternoon snack.

Instead of coming home and relaxing after work, Chris calls and asks if I could please go to the grocery store for FIL who has been experiencing some terrible leg and back pain the past week. So I went and got him groceries and by the time I got there I was starving and ended up with 3 cookies:mad: Then Chris brought dinner over - taco salad for me - which isn't bad, but certainly could have been better.

On a positive note, I left FIL's house and came home to find the Essentrics dvd that Kate loaned me in the mailbox! So I popped it in and did the whole hour (upper and lower body) and felt so much better after all of that eating! Thanks Kate!

I need to get a good run in this morning to make me feel better too. Not sure if I will get on the scale or not - maybe it's what I need to really kick my rear into gear!

Angie, have a good time with the ladies, and be careful with cardio! Fingers crossed for you!

Angie, I hope you have a fun time today! PLEASE don't be scared of too little cardio! Heavy weights will CHANGE your body! I never thought I'd say that - I used to do cardio every day without fail.
Good job w/ dinner last night! Great attitiude! I think it's when we beat ourselves up about a "bad" choice that we go down the slippery slope. It's that way for me at least!

Katie, What a nice DIL you are! Sorry about the cookies tho! I hate that Im hungry and gonna eat everyting in sight til I get my meal feeling!:(
So what did you think of CS?????? Something to buy or can't tell yet?
DO NOT GET ON THE SCALE!!!:D Hve a great run!

-
HOt day here. We're going swimming at my inlaws! yay!!! Not til after Julia's afternoon nap tho. I need it good & hot to enjoy the pool. Mike's going to turn the pool heater on for me too. I HATE cold water!:p Plus, Julia will enjoy it more that way!;):p

WO will be a run with Laura tonight - I can't wait!

b - kashi, apple slices
l - chicken lettuce wraps
d - ??
snacks are ???? too. I need to do some helathy baking. I have a recipe for blueberry oatmeal applesauce muffins I want to make. Will freeze them in portions to keep myself in check!

Julia's babbling in her bed! I love her!:D:D Can't wait to get her chubby little butt in a swimsuit today! BUt I can def wait to get my chubby butt into one!:p

kate, i think you mean skinny butt. you have no chub, i am sure of it, lol! enjoy your pool time.

angie, be careful and have fun today.

katie, you are so sweet. hope your run made you feel better. stay away from the scale. running makes you feel good. scale makes one feel bad. give it a day or 2.

rough night again with poor aidan. actually, he did fine until 5:15 and then was up. i was at mile 8, so i will just have to finish my run later when i do backa nd bis. eats were good yesterday, but i woke up hungry. have to stay motivated today. and wayyyy too much to do. finn's b-day is sunday, lawn must be mowed, need to get milk, walk dog, laundry, oh the list goes on! i am overwhelmed and wish dh was not still gone until friday night:(first things first - finn to school, aidan to dr most likely. the rest will have to fit in when it can. bbiab

Kate, I am so jealous of your day at the pool!! Have fun running tonight. Yes, Essentrics is something I would buy. Do you have the stretching for athletes one of Sahara's? I was looking at that online last night...

Morris, sorry about getting interrupted during your run, good luck getting it done later.

I had a good 4.75 mile speed interval run and feel great and motivated now. I did get on the scale :eek: and it said pretty much what I expected. It will be better tomorrow, better even the next day. It's all good.

I have decided on a CHALLENGE for myself - In the next TWELVE days to vacation, I am shooting for ONE THOUSAND minutes of exercise! Got in 50 minutes this morning, hoping for 30-ish more this evening.

B cereal
S apple, almonds
L sandwich
S yogurt
D baked chicken, green beans, corn

Morning!

I just cancelled my dental appointment-didn't think taking all 3 kids with me would be wise and didn't want to bug my dad since they had the girls all weekend. Thinking about what to do today-it's gorgeous out! I have cardio and abs on tap for today and I'm not sure what to do. I need to get rid of my butt crease! Step? Incline? What? Help!

Angie, amusez-vous bien aujourd'hui! Bonne chance avec l'exercise! Fais attention!

Katie, here's a leg up on the wagon:) Don't beat yourself up-I had 3 pieces of a Hershey bar and too many marshmallows last night:eek: Awesome challenge! 80 minutes/day? You will look hot in your bikini!

Kate, I want that recipe! We have a friend with an in ground heated pool that is fabulous. Maybe we'll see if she wants some company;) The 30th looks good. What time are you thinking? We should get Anne to take the day off and join us:)

Morris, 8 miles and you want to do more?! Never cease to amaze me! Take a deep breath and do one thing at a time. It will all get done and if it doesn't so what? Hang in there!

Morris, ITA w/ Klaudia! If I ran 8 miles I'd consider myself good for the week!:p
I HATEHATEHATE that overwhelmed feeling! :( ((((hugs)))))

Katie, I like your challenge!!:D
Yes, I HEART Sahra's other tape too! Miranda's voice leads it which is odd having a different voice from the lead exerciser but it's still SO GOOD!!!

Klaudia, :(:(:( Mike is leery of us making the 90 minute trip to the DZ. So... on hold for now... will discuss it more w him tonight.:(:(

-
Muffins are in the oven. The batter was YUM!!! DDs made them with me. I LOVE when we're all in the kitchen together!:D

Will let you know how they turn out..... 9 minutes to go! I KNOW I'll burn my mouth on a blueberry!! We get so excited to sample our wares! :p

Oatmeal Blueberry Applesauce Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups oats
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tbsp. canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl combine the applesauce, buttermilk, brown sugar, oil and egg. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add in the applesauce mixture. Stir together just until all dry ingredients are incorporated. Gently fold in the blueberries with a rubber spatula.
Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

No worries, Kate! I understand. My girlfriend drove 3 hours with a 2 year old and a 2 month old-by herself! No thanks! Will you post that recipe-I have a ton of blueberries!

oh, but i really want to meet up! bah!!!! :(:(:(

yes, you can make clabbered milk. with vinegar or lemon juice. about a 1/2 Tbsp per 1/2 c of milk.

the muffins are YUM!!!!!:D:D:D:D must get leftovers to freezer asap so i dont overdo it!

Kate, would Mike feel better if I went with you? I drive right by the zoo all the time, I know the way, I know what construction there is, I can get us all there safely. Plus, you'd have another adult there to help with the kids. The 30th would be tough, but I could probably do the 7th or the 9th.

Klaudia, who needs to go to the dentist? Ha! Just kidding, but I wouldn't want to take the kids either. And, yes, there's something you can add to regular milk to make it buttermilk, but I don't know if it's vinegar. Kate probably knows, or just Google it.

Katie, great challenge! You have so much energy.

Morris, take a deep breath, it will all get done. Trust me. It always does. And what will happen if it doesn't? Trust me, I get overwhelmed too, we're here if you need to vent!

Angie, how did your cardio go? I hope your foot is feeling better.

Hi to Colleen, Robin and Lisa! Who did I miss? I'll have to figure it out later.

I did run 5 miles last night and it was pretty good. I had to take some walking breaks, but not that many and not for too long. My running buddy is fantastic! She really makes all the difference. Plus, that's the first time I've ever run that far in my life. I'm suitably impressed with myself.

But, I didn't finish cutting the lawn. Oh, well, it's the back so nobody really sees it. Plus, I'm letting it get really long so it will be strong and fill in the bald spots. How's that for a juicy rationalization? I like it!

Okay, I have to be productive at work today. I have a meeting in half an hour, then lunch. So that will take up the morning anyway! See you guys in a bit.

anne

Anne, that would be awesome! Either of those days work for us, too:) I am VERY impressed with your running! Walking breaks or not, that's a long run. I bet your yard doesn't hold a candle to what "crazy lady's" looked like! I like you justification-very clever;)

Morning my lovely clean eating friends! I did STS Disc #7- chest, shoulders and biceps today and it was terrific! I felt so strong and even upped my weights on a few exercises. Yay! I love strong days. :)

Morris: Um, I agree- 8 miles and I would be good for the week. I hate feeling overwhelmed with that kind of stuff but everything will come together. Just make a list and one thing at a time. Plus, put DH to work when he gets home. :p

Kate: Swimming sounds good! I wanna go! Mags is still pretty hesitant around water and Max is INSANE and does not listen (boys are crazy!) so I am not loving the idea of the pool this summer. I bought them each water wings but all they do is take them off and on and pretend to be robots. :rolleyes: Thanks for the recipe- I am going to try it!

Anne: WTG on that run! Don't you feel better? You sound up today- glad to hear it. :)

Angie: It feels good to sleep in, doesn't it? I slept until 6:50 this morning and did my WO once I dropped off the kids at camp. I am supposed to be working but you know, I needed that hour to myself and I'm glad I did it. I LOL'd at the French eat weird things. Careful with the cardio.

Katie: Taco salad isn't so bad. And we've all been there with the cookie situation, no worries. Just focus over these next few days and you'll be looking terrific in that bikini!

Klaudia: I simply can't take my kids to places like that either. Max does NOT listen these days and it stresses me out to chase him all over a doctor's office, pulling him down off of shelves and stuff. He's nuts! My parents had Mags this weekend- Sunday night. She loves spending time over there. It's a good thing, isn't it? :)

Hi Lisa, Robin and Colleen!

I found a new radio station that is mostly 80s hits- loving it! Glad no one is here to hear me singing. :eek: More later, gotta WORK!

work? what is that? i am taking precious nap time to sit on the computer b/c otherwise the panic sets in!

patti, great wo, enjoy work today. what time are the kids done?

anne, fantastic run. so glad you have a good partner. s@#$% the grass!

kate, thanks for the recipe. looks great.

klaud, are you starting your rotation this week? what are you doing for your 2 days of weights? for your ciruit? i may have to be a copy cat! i like kb for butt issues:p

hi colleen, hi lisa.

well, i am doing the stuff i can, but i am frustrated by what i need to do but cannot. got dog walked laundry, finished run, did ub. i know 8 miles is plenty, but i had it in my head to run 11, and i HAD to do it. not sure what to do about our grass as i need child care help. it has to be mowed today or tomorrow b/c of the weather and the stupid showings. may have to call a sitter. i think i am just making a big deal out of stuff that should not be a big deal. what, who me do that???? never;) may need to just sit quietly and do some deep breathing. bbiab

katie, great run. you will be smoking!

Morris, you've done more by 11 than I do ALL day! Call a sitter-it'll ease your worries. And don't begrudge yourself some much needed decompressing time on the computer-you deserve it! I think I will do some kickbox today! Is a creaseless butt too much to ask for?! For my rotation this week I think I'm going to do this:
Day 1-PP upper body premix(2 sets),
Day 2-4DS KB OR Low Max (4-7), abs
Day 3-Legs and Glutes
Day 4-MM upper body premix, abs
Day 5-Incline Walk or HIIT
Day 6-Drill Max or Bootcamp
Day 7-OFF

Patti, way to up those weights! Confession:I love 80's music too!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick hello. I am exhausted today and I had trouble with my last couple of exercies of STS # 7. I am just happy I got a workout in. I am so ready for lunch but I can't go now because I am here with the client. Hopefully soon.

LAURA AND I ARE SIGNING UP FOR ANOTHER 5K!!!!!!
and dh has strict instructions to tell no one!;) its next saturday! yay!!!

anne, your zoo plan may just work!:D
wtg on the 5 miles!

kl, how is crazylady anyway?
your wo wk looks great!

patti, another 80s lover here too!!!
ita - the pool fuh-reaks me out!!! but dds mind wellso that takes some worry away.
yay for strength!

morris, deep breath!!:D computer time is healthier than a beer!:D

c, sorry your wo was :mad:. hope you can get lunch soon!

-
i am so excited for our 2nd 5k!!!!! omw - am i turning into a runner???!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.