~~~~Clean & Tidy Wed~~~~

Good Morning Girls !

Hi Robin, thanks for starting us off !

Athletic Step & abs for me today. Maybe yoga later in the day.

Becky

WOW I missed so much from yesterday.

Nina I think your runs are just fine. You know when you are over training and you know when to listen to your body. I think if you cut back on your runs you will lose that adrenaline rush and may get the blues. I'm not a doctor but I say run.

(((Wendy))) so sorry about your elbow. No wonder it was hurting so much. our bodies are amazing and you will heal in no time because you workout.

DrBecky you are my inspiration. How the heck do you do it all...and yoga during your breaks:D. Just check in when you can. Are you on facebook?

Colleen sorry about the snow. This winter has been a bad one or is that just my imagination.

Anne your tortilla soup is a good idea for dinner. I think I may make some chilli and put some tortilla chips on top.

(((Klaudia))) how are you feeling today. Do you neck or back hurt? Did the guy slip on ice yday?

Last edited:
Becky yoga sounds nice. Since my bursitis-stupid-shoulder was hurting yesterday I may just do some classical stretch and sun salutations.

Morning Girls!

Wr got our snow! Last night they canceled school for today!!!! So WHY (!!!!!) are my girls up already!?!?!?! They're all playing wii!:p No plans here for today and hopefully I can sneak a few WOs in here and there!:D

Robin, Sorry the shoulder is still not cooperating!

BEcky, Have a fun WO!

Kaludia, OMW!!! Are you ok today?!!?!

OOOOOH! I forgot to tell you all my :D news!

Yesterday I went to gym class with Gina. It was "climb the rope day". I made it all the way to the top!!!!!!!!

YAY ME!!!!!!

morning! we have a bunch of snow upon us for today, finally LOL. dh is not a happy camper tho, he will be driving straight into blizzard conditions to get to work tonight (1.5 hrs away). i will attempt groove class today if dh thinks the snow will be holding out. i know its silly but i totally rely on him for that, he is my weatherman when hes home. if i am thinking about straightening my hair he will even check the dew point average for me and tell me if its worth it!

no workout y'day. but eats were good... up until the evening when i made marble cheese bars and had one. the good news is they came out cake-ier than i like and i really can do without them. DH and ODS can take them away =) the swordfish dinner last night came out great.

robin, chili is always a fave around here, great idea! i requested some classical stretch from the library and they must have come and then got returned while we were on vaca... need to order them again. you and kate made me wanna try them!

becky, everyone seems to like AS, still havent tried it yet but i plan to soon. how much snow did you end up with?

oh gosh, i must have missed something yday, di klaudia hurt herself? ill go backand read right now.

kate, WTG on that rope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girls,

Busy morning here with the girls and such.

On my way to WO now! I think it's back and triceps today. I'm tired and in kind of a grouchy mood but I'll try to have a better attitude.

Annabel just finished the first grade hooked on phonics program so she's super happy and I'm so proud of her.

Robin, hope your stretch and salutations goes well. A stretch day is always nice!

Becky, good morning. I loved AS. I've only done it once though. I think I do it again tomorrow.

Kate, yay for snow day and fun for Wii. You and your four workouts a day are cracking me up! And WTG on the rope!! :):cool:

Wendy, hope you get to your class and wtg on avoiding your treats! I couldn't do that!

I'll catch up with everyone else later...

OK, off to workout.

Morning ladies. Slow going to me this morning. We got more snow (4" or so) so my daycare is opening late. My work can kiss my butt if they don't understand. I am so sick of that place lately.

Kate, ^5 on climbing the rope! What an accomplishment!
Klaudia, hope you are ok! How scary!
Wendy, I think the storm that hit me last night is headed your way. Be careful!
Robin, take care of that shoulder!
Angie, I bought hooked on phonics on your recommendation but haven't done anything with it yet:eek: I really need to do that...

Good Morning Everyone!

It is snowing here right now and won't stop until tonight. This is supposed to be it for about a week. I decided to sleep in again (what am I going to do when I have to get up on time everyday) so I will do my workout shortly. Not sure it if it will be low impact step or kickbox and triceps. I need to try out the step. Shovelmax this evening and tomorrow am.

Katie, sick of work - sounds very familiar. I hope you can hang in there today.
Wendy, I can tell you that looking out my window it is a white out. I can't see very far. I hope DH makes it work safely.
Robin, sorry about the shoulder pain. Enjoy your stretch.
Kate, ^5 on climbing the rope. Enjoy your snowday with the girls.

Colleen, I know what you mean. I haven’t had a regular week yet this year!

Katie, I hope they don’t give you too much grief! If only people would just be understanding!

Robin, the stretch sounds good :) How was work yesterday?

Kate, great job w/the rope! Those gs wo’s are making you strong :) Glad you got your snow!

Wendy, sorry about dh having to drive in the snow – w/this wind I know it won’t be any fun at all!

Becky, have fun w/as & yoga!

Angie, hope your wo helps you feel better :) I know you are so proud of Annabel :)

Well our dusting of snow has now turned into at least 3 inches and it is still snowing! Work is now gone from one hour to two hours late. Some schools were trying to open, actually had the kids on the buses, and then decided to close. They are saying they won't leave the kids w/out parents at home, but not sure how that is all going to work :confused:

Clintonya

CTX back and tris done. Now I need to run an errand with the girls but first I'm going to make a protein shake for a little afternoon snack.

Katie, sorry about the late daycare. Everyone has to understand that the weather will affect some people's lives! Ryan and I were talking about how we will handle it when both of us are working and the girls get sick or have a snow day or something. It's going to be a hard balance for sure. And get that HOP out for Collin. I think it's so great!

Colleen, will you go to work today? Our forecast has snow everyday for the next week but just flurries. I'm still annoyed. I'm ready for spring.

Clintoya, i do feel a little better after my WO but my arms are shaking! That would scare me if buses just started randomly dropping kids off at home w/o the parents there!

I'll bbl!

Morning!

Thanks for all the concern! I'm fine. I took a Motrin yesterday and that seemed to help. Now it's just the pita of getting to the repair shop, borrowing another car, blah, blah. Ah, well. Snow day here too-Darrin thinks we got about 8". Won't see him til late tonight or tomorrow morning. Nevena's coughing so I don't know if I'll let them play outside today or not. And dance is debatable too. I'm going to try and do my last STS workout today and some cardio and abs.

Robin, hope your shoulder doesn't bug you too much! I don't know what happened-it was in the morning and had only been snowing for about an hour-he did have a handicap sticker and was noticeably limping when he got out of the car-just poor judgement I think.

Becky, have a good workout!

Kate, Danica woke up, asked if it was a snow day and went back to bed, the other two slept in a little-not enough for me though;) I used to love the rope climb in gym!

Wendy, safe driving vibes for your dh! Darrin drives around in a giant salt truck so I don't worry too much-but I do worry about his lack of sleep-he took a nap in his truck in a parking lot last night:( AS is a fun workout!

Angie, way to go Annabel! They do grow up way too fast! Take out your grouchiness on your back and tris!;)

Katie, I wish our country was more accomadating/understanding of working parents-I can't imagine the stress!

Colleen, I may do shovelmax too! Have good workout, whatever it is:)

Clintonya, our school took forever to decide to close last night.

Klaudia, I'm so glad you're okay! I was thinking of you last night even though I didn't post.

Angie, I'm glad to hear the workout helped your mood. It's definitely helping me, I can tell.

Clintonya, why would the schools do that? Just crazy talk, I tell ya. We got 7-9 inches last night and lots of blowing. When I left my place I stepped off the porch and the snow went more than halfway up my shin. Chilly! It better be shoveled by the time I get home (I live in a condo).

Colleen, do you have to go into work today? I hope not. I hope your DH made it safely.

Katie, I know what you mean about being frustrated at work. Trust me! I hope it gets better soon.

Wendy, how is your elbow? I agree with Robin, it will heal quickly because you work out.

Kate, great job on the rope! Okay, step class the other night--I really liked the studio and the instructor, but the class was supposed to be just cardio, not cardio and weights. That's what bugged me about it. But the space is just beautiful, if the schedule worked better for me or I wasn't taking tap anymore I'd consider joining. I forgot how energizing it can be to work out with a group. Toward the end I could feel everybody's excitement at going through the routine together.

Robin, do you take anything for your bursitis? I'm not familiar with that. Anyway, I hope it feels better soon.

Hi, Becky! How was your work out today?

Hi drBecky! I was happy to read the ICU is not depressing you like last time. Exercise is a huge help in that department for me.

Nina, how are you today? Yeah, your work outs amaze me, but again I agree with Robin (cuz she's so smart ;)). You listen to your body and back off when need be. Everybody's different and you obviously crave cardio and it helps you stay even. You were injured when I first joined this group and after you could start running again you just sounded so much better. I can tell what difference it makes for you.

Y'all aren't going to believe this, but I got up and worked out before work this morning. I did HiiT 30/30 and medicine ball abs from Ab Circuits. I did pretty well on 30/30, too. I didn't have to take an extra break until after the 8th interval. The first time I did that work out I had to take a break during the warm up! So I'm calling that progress. I'll never be at Nina's level, but that's okay. I can be like her in other ways. :D In fact, I think when I grow up I want to be an amalgamation of all of your best traits--you guys are all so kind, funny, warm, smart and wonderful. I'll start to work on that...

anne

ahhhh anne, you made me smile!!

kaludia, so glad you are feeling better. take it easy with that shovel.. clintonya, be careful in the snow.

katie, i hope you do not have to work at all!!

ewendy, did you get to the gym?

colleen, my little sis is in burke va, her dh is at the pentagon. needless to say, they have had a lot of time together this week.

kate, great job with the rope!!

robin, thanks for the wise words. hope your weather stays okay. do you ever miss new york?

hi becky, did you sleep more last night?

i slept in but then went swimming at the gym. it was really nice. also did abs and legs. i am planning a bit of yoga now. and big news - job prospect to talk over tomorrow!! a guy is possibly looking for parttime or relief help. i know he wants lots of saturdays, which is not really feasible for me. i thought i'd offer 1 a month. also, i am not sure he knows that i have to work around day care hours. at least it is something, though. i am so scared, but also excited. anyways, i am just glad someone is interested. eats were 100% yday, and today is going great too, despite a fight with dh this am:(

i did a lot of 1rm yday. did you guys then enter them into wo manager? i need to do that and more tomorrow so i can then start meso 1 on sunday.

yoga time!

Kate YOU GO GIRL that comes from all of that upper bod strength.

Wendy marble cheese bars is that with chocolate ;)

Angie good workout today. How's school.

Katie don't worry I call your boss and told him to stick it!;) Get to work when you get there. He should understand BUTT.

Colleen sorry about the snowmax. It snowed so bad in NYC that they close the school:eek: which they haven't done in years. My kids are not happy that we now live in NC.

Clintonya that's crazy how can the kids be on the bus and parents are at work! The buses should turn around and bring the kids back to school. It's times like this when all parents should have an emergency stay at home adult.

Klaudia I'm glad you did not have whiplash and you are fine. Take it easy today.

Anne I take 300mg of Motrin and Icyhot patch. Funny how the classical stretch this morning helped it.:confused: I guest I really need physical therapy.
^5's on the Mega workout!

Nina I do miss Manhattan NY but I don't miss the expenses of living there. Everything is for the rich and the middle class, with jobs is dirt poor.

Nina ******* here are some good fortune wishes for the job. I wrote down my 1rm on paper and then added it to the wm.

Funny story. Out here it's no snow but the wind is blowing 40-50 mph. Well today is recycle day and all this stuff is blowing all around. It looks like a ticker tape parade.

I have bible study catch up tonight.

What a nice day! Lovin' the extra time w/ my girls - Wii, checkers, trouble...nice breakfast & lunch too!

Did CS legs/abs this AM. Just finsihed 40/20 and GS bi's and incline abs
Hoping to do chest or tris toniht

Wendy, :) at DH the Weatherman!:)
I love/hate when a dessert doens't turn out!
Dd you get your class today?

Angie, Glad your WO cheered you up!
Hope you're having fun w/ your girls!

Katie, How's work going?:confused::rolleyes: Fun, I'm sure!:rolleyes:

Clintonya, Did you make it to work?

Kaudia, Are your girls still playing daycare?!
Glad you're ok!!!! Huge pain w/ the vehicle tho! :mad:

Anne, I felt the same way w/ the class. They need to go by their class description/ We'll need to chat in person about it!;):D
Good job on your AM WO! I'm impressed!
Maaaybe nosy - if so, then ignore... But how are you handling Divorce aftermath? Do you ever see/talk to Jim or his family? (((hugs)))

Nina, Nice WOs! Have fun yogaing!
EXCITING on the job prospect! I hope something turns up for you!

Robin, I missed you before!
I want to go climb that rope everyday! Last night DH and I were trying to figure out where we could hang one from! Our Great Room is the only room that's tall enough and that might not look so swift!:p Out side this summer from a tree I suppose!:D
That's some SERIOUS wind!!!!:eek: Our bible study for tonight was cancelled. LOL @ the ticker tape!

Kate, I forgot how TALL you are. I think I spend a lot of time around short women because I'm used to being the tallest one around. I don't see J much, but we email because I like to know what's going on with his mom. Nothing good--she's failing a lot and everybody is just waiting. Of course, we've been waiting for over a year, so who knows how long she will last?

Robin, did you see ticker tape parades when you lived in NYC?

Nina, good luck with the job! That sounds promising. I did what Robin did--printed out the STS 1RM guide from the workout manager, wrote down my 1RMs while I did them, then entered into the WM.

I'm going out to dinner with my friend's stepmom tonight. It's my friend who lives in Portland that I visited last fall. His dad died in late October, and they were married for 30 years, so she's kind of at loose ends. She has a great support system, but he asked me to get in touch with her, so I did. She's great, so I'm looking forward to seeing her.

Gotta get a few more things done before I leave for the day. Have a good afternoon/evening, everyone.

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.