~~~~ Coolers in May ~~~~

MommaPew

Cathlete
Morning Coolers

Hope I didn't miss the May thread. Finally warm weather has arrived. Drizzle all weekend but humid but I'm not complaining:D

Finished up the 3rd week of the Push Phase this week and took yesterday as a rest day. I must have done something to my upper back (trapezius area I think). Friday it was tight but didn't interfer with my w/o and Sat. I was stiff in the neck but this a.m. I can barely move my neck at all. 2 extra strength Advils later, along with a hot compress and shower its starting to get mobile. Today's w/os concentrates on bis & tri so hopefully I can do it.

Took DS and a playmate bowling yesterday. Picked him up so this was the 1st time I've driven with another kid in the car. Fun experience for DS and talk about taking the volume up another notch. How do people do it with more than one kid! DH went to the cottage with a carpenter to do some crown moulding so he is tired today. 2 days of getting up early and spending most of it on the road. Yesterday I noticed we have a small hole in our shower stall, near the base. Hopefully it can be patched up.:confused: Not the time that we really need to be doing major work on the house!

Are the dandelions out in full force yet for you guys? Last year we were the only ones on our block with them, not so this year! I was worried about selling our house in the spring but not anymore. Last year I went walking behind the trails in our neighbourhood. Everyone's house is beautiful from the front, not so much in the back:p

We had one showing yesterday and another today at lunch so good excuse to go out for lunch:D

Laurie - I think attempting the 1st 2 core moves I just gave up on that DVD:eek:

Waving hi to Kim

It's been raining for 4 days straight!:mad::mad: Of course this is the weekend we decided to go get the camper. The kids were so excited they wanted it up right away so they could sleep in it:rolleyes::rolleyes: They invited their cousins over and they all slept in the basement:rolleyes: Whatever, it was good to get the camper up anyways to air it out and check for any damage.

I started week 3 of the March rotation yesterday. Saturday was MMA Kickboxing/ Slow & Heavy Shoulders, today was Step Blast (so much fun!) and Slow & Heavy Back.

Laurie I figured you would like CCC. How would you compare the intensity to an Insanity workout??

Patricia How did the home inspection go?? Not many dandelions yet but after all this rain I'm sure we will see them this week. Hope your back feels okay soon ! Take a few days off if you need to!!

Afternoon Coolers

Lets see, yesterday I did a 20min floor cardio to really WU then did Push Circuit #1 (for the 4th and last time). My back feels much better today. I was going to see about getting into the chiropractor but my day is not shot!

The house inspection didn't go so well. There is leakage in the cold cellar and we thought about it all weekend and today decided we did not want to chance it so backed out of the deal. So, DH decided there are a couple more houses that just came on the market and we best get down there ASAP. We're taking the afternoon off work and driving down. Have to take DS out of JK. The market is such that they really good ones go with-in a few days and its tough when we live so far away:(

I decided to use some of my G.C. due to the April sale - so bought Basic Step & Body Fusion, Boot Camp + Muscle Endurance, Pure Strength Series, CTX and Rhythmic Step/Imax/MIC. Got 30% off BC & ME as it was the weekly special, and 15% off for buying 5 DVDs. It's like getting one DVD free.

Laurie - glad you're enjoying the rotation. April's looks like fun too. 5 weeks left to CLX then I'm going to try Barry's BC I think.

Morning Coolers,

Was home sick yesterday with bad sinus headache. Got up at my normal time, but just couldn't make myself move. Today I'm much better, and I think that the pollen count is starting to go down. Friday night was the worst for me, until the huge thunderstorm came though. Satruday I was able to get in a 30 min. run. This morning was 40/20 and Ab Ripper X. Really had a great time with 40/20, and the time just seemed to fly by. :D

Patricia, Sorry to hear about the house, I'm sure you will find something that is even better. Also sorry to hear that your upper back is hurting, of course you will take care of that. LOL about the volume that children make, at some point you just start to tun it out. LOL :eek: We don't have all that many dandelions, but the trees are just loaded with blossoms. :mad:

Kim, Dang on the rain all weekend, we only had that storm on Friday (tornado watches included), and a shower on Sunday morning. It was a beautiful day out yesterday, but I just couldn't enjoy it. :( I think that the intensity in the Hiit and CCC are on the same level for me as Insanity. I noticed that Cathe gets my legs in the quads, and Insanity in the hamstrings.

Have a great day!

Morning Coolers

It was so nice house hunting yesterday, with getting in & out of the car and it not being freezing for a change. It was almost too hot out BUT I'm not complaining. We got home at 11pm last night so a very long day. We put in another offer today so we will see how it goes. Again, they're asking too much $$. Great house but no upgrades but they like to compare themselves favourably to other houses in the neighbourhood that have upgrades:eek: I swear Agents have no comprehension of the value of $$ anymore. They're the ones driving the prices up:confused::(

Laurie - again with the sinus headaches:( Glad to hear you're feeling better though. Quite the storms in the south. That's one thing about where we live - generally not too many tragic weather catashtrophes (sp?) here.

Morning Coolers,

I'm on the downward trend with the allergies, but still had a morning headache. I was going to do an Insanity workout, but because of the head went for LowMax. After I got the dust off the workout :eek:, I really had a great time. Probably a good thing I decided on that one, instead of anything more complicated. :D LM really does work the legs good, tend to forget how she has you in a squat for all those blasts.

Patricia, Yes the south really did get hit hard with the storms. I'm glad ours was just T-Storms, took out our cable for a bit, but that was all we suffered from. Hope your house hunting goes well, and that your offer is accepted.

Have a great day!

Afternoon Coolers

Let's see, I got in Push Circuit #2 last night, but first did some light cardio to get my back warmed up. Afterwards did med ball abs from STS.

Our offer wasn't accepted last night, but the Seller's Agent called this a.m. so they're still doing follow up with us. We're trying to decide if we try another offer or wait until after the weekend and see if it is still on the market. With it being Mother's Day weekend there may not be too much activity. Decisions, decisions.... We directed the Seller's Agent to another house on the same street that sold for less in March, just so she understood where we were coming from. She acknowledges it but feels in 2 months a $35k increase in value is reasonable:eek::rolleyes::confused: They are so out of touch with reality it isn't funny. Also, last night another Agent called us to see if we were still interested in one of her houses that we had made an inquiry on. We had asked why the house was so much $$ b/c we couldn't see it and got told that we needed to get educated. Well, 40 days later they've dropped the price so I guess we're not so uneducated:confused: 40 days in the market that we're looking at means there is something wrong! Houses sell in 1-5 days in this neighbourhood!

Laurie - ha, you did a Step workout! Yeah, that one is killer on the legs. My allergies started today, but I generally only get a sore throat not headaches. I find one Reactine a day for a week takes care of it.

Ahh, I have the day off work today and I feel like I have time to catch up. Enjoying my coffee and relaxing. Got to wake ds up at 7am as he has running club.

Yesterday was the Grade 4 school play, "The 101 Dalamations", dd was a puppy:D:D It was very cute! I didn't work out either Tuesday or Wednesday:eek: Monday I watched my 3 yr nephew play soccer (also very cute) and did MMA Fusion and S&H Legs.

I'm thinking that I need a few weeks off from a structured rotation. Just needing a break from the 6 day a week routine ( and the guilt I have when I don't do all 6 days:rolleyes::eek:) I've been reading Tosca Reno's book about "Clean Eating" and really want to get into some better eating habits. I really would like to figure out why I'm still 20 lbs overweight when I work out 6 days a week and have for years? The only time I was at a good weight was when I was running lots but I think I was eating better than too. I want to spend a little more time in the next few weeks, doing some reading, some grocery shopping at different stores, and playing with some new recipes. I just sort of want to get a new routine going or else I go back to using quick processed foods,etc. So if that takes some of my time in the next couple of weeks I'm not going to worry if I miss a few workouts.

Patricia I'm so sorry that you didn't get the house! What an adventure this house hunting has been for you! I was wondering out loud to DH about how house hunting would have been like instead of building. We've only bought one house before and we were young (23) and so weren't that picky/buyer's market, it would be a very different experience at this stage of our lives with today's market.

Laurie Hope you're feeling better! I used to have a terrible time with spring allergies and the last few years, nothing??!! I'm not sure why but I'm not complaining. We had rain for 6 days straight! We finally have the sun back today but it's cold. Went below freezing last night. We're paying for all the nice weather in April.

Morning Coolers,

This morning was Barry's Bootcamp 5 Day Academy Treadmill workout with Rich, and Ab Circuit Med Ball Abs. This tm workout was harder than the one with Joey. I was doing a sprint at 10.0, but just couldn't make the full 2 min. that Rich wanted me to run. I felt bad that I only had 20 seconds left, but just couldn't do it. :( :rolleyes: That's ok I will try try again. :D

Last night we went to see our oldest in her portion of a one act play. She did a very good job, in fact all the kids did really well.

Patricia, I have seen houses reduced and reduced, and then they finally sell. Funny how those agents want to get the most for something. :eek: Of course they expect you not to do any research either. ;) Today is a really good day for me with the allergies. Feel like a brand new woman. LOL

Kim, I usually do a lot of simple meals for what I eat during the day, and that seems to helps quite a lot. My lunches consist mostly of greens with a protein, and a slice of whole grain bread. Makes things easy to prepare and take to work. You will find what works for you. Glad to hear that the sun has finally decided to come out of hiding for your area. It sure does lift the mood. Your dd's play sounds like it was very cute. Hope they didn't have all 101 Dalmations on the stage! :eek: :D

Have a great day!

We had some good news on the house yesterday! The design centre called to book our time to go over our selections for everything :D:confused::confused::D She sounds very nice, I'm terrible about that kind of stuff so hopefully she gives us lots of guidance. Then I called the city permit office and they said the permit should be completed by today:p:D Just nice to see some new developments.

Laurie, is that treadmill workout just audio or on the tv as well?? Not quite 101 dalmations although it might have felt like it to the teacher at times;)

Yesterday I got 40/20 done and Slow and Heavy chest. Today is a 50 minute run and then Slow and Heavy triceps. I've enjoyed this rotation except for this week! They are long workouts and the Slow and Heavy are just boring:eek: The next week (4th) looks like more fun. I've been looking at some shorter/more fun rotations to do after.

I've added two pics to the my Disney '09 album. One is of the showhome, that we're building and one is of my Dalamation.:D

Morning Coolers,

This morning was Aerobox with Kathy Smith and Michael Olajide, and I really need to invest in a better jumprope. Had to ditch the thing, just was getting all tangled up. :rolleyes: Probably would have been a lot more fun to have the rope or some of those hand held things.

Kim, Cute pic of your Dalmation. ;) Guess you get to do a lot of decisions now with the design lady. That was actually an enjoyable time for us. I loved getting to pick out the colors for our house. The tm workouts on this set are all on the DVD disc with video. What I like about the tv display is that they have a control panel like what you have on your own tm. You can see what speed/incline you need to be at. Sometimes it is hard to hear what they are saying with the motor going full speed on my tm. LOL

Raining her today, and they say we might get some snow. Hope NOT!

Have a great day!

How fun to do a Kathy Smith dvd! I used to do Kathy all the time before I discovered Cathe. I never had the boxing tape though.

What is the video of on the tv? Do you see other runners? or scenery? I actually went and did a 4 mile run outside yesterday!! The rotation called for a run, and I thought why not. Seems funny that I used to be such a runner, and yet I was kind of nervous actually trying it! It was fun though with no treadmill numbers to obsess about! I didn't have my Garmin either as it was dead from lack of use:rolleyes: Also did Slow and Heavy Biceps.
Today is the last day of week 3 (March rotation) thank goodness, this was a hard week. It's Drill Max Premix #1 and Slow and Heavy Biceps.

We had another call late in the day yesterday from the technology people. They want to meet with us about where we want the phone/cable/internet outlets:D:DSo going to meet with them after the design center people in 2 weeks. I have that day off so DH just needs to book one day off. So exciting to finally see some progress!

patricia, are you off house hunting???

Hope you didn't get any snow Laurie??? There's been talk about that around here too but have avoided it so far.

Well, I don't know about Laurie, but we got SNOW SNOW SNOW here today:eek::confused::( What a miserable day here. I would have like to hibernate but we had a showing at 10:30 and open house at 1pm. I was surprised they still held the OH but apparently 5 groups came through.

My allergeries have just given me a beating the last few days, but I didn manage to finish up the final week of Push. So on to the Lean month on Sunday.

We've taken the weekend off from house hunting. DH is at the cottage doing work inside with 2 other guys.

The house that I've know set my heart on (from the offer last week) hasn't sold yet. So we're waiting to see if it sells over the weekend and if not see if they're willing to drop their price.

I decided to get a new cell phone. Mine is 7 years old, but I only use it for emergencies. Went into Bell and they upgrade for free but I ended up picking one that cost $25. Takes pictures and has BlueTooth which works with our new truck. It comes with GPS but I didn't realize until afterwards you have to pay a monthly fee for that so I'll pass on it. Anyhow, went in for a free upgrade and $100 later I walk out with a new phone!

Really busy at work so haven't had time to drop in.

Kim - oh, the fun part of the house begins. Also, you can never have enough outlets plus cable in every room. We somehow seem to collect t.v.s. I think I've only ever tried S&H once but I keep meaning to give it a serious whirl. I think I really need the heavy weights to see results. I hear you on the weight issue. I finally broke down and bought Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle, just haven't had time to read it. Apparently the LEAN phase is when I should expect to see some fat loss. Lets hope so. I hear you on the 6-day rotation. I think I do better on a 5 and if I have time/energy I get in more.

Laurie - I did Kathy for years and it wasn't until I found Cathe that I realized just how perky Kathy is. But I do seem to always go back to her. What after Insanity a workout got the better of you!:p Do you think you'll buy his sequel. I think I heard it's called Asylum.

I LOVE the outside of this house, Patricia! For some reason this one appeals to be more than the other 2 you posted. I will keep my fingers crossed that they drop the price for you!!

There has been snow to the west, east and north of us but we have avoided it! It's 15C and sunny here today! (not bragging or anything) DD and spent some time reading in the camper (on the driveway,LOL) makes me feel like it's summer.

So I thought I saw dd's piano teacher's name in a local "The Biggest Loser" contest a few months ago. I never had a chance to ask her but I haven't noticed that she lost weight so I thought mabye it was someone else with the same name. Her team won, the picture was in the newspaper today. Supposedly she lost 44 lbs by jogging and using Tosca Reno's book. I see her every week and honestly have never noticed a difference. She has a music studio in her basement and always wears sweat shirts because it's cold done there so maybe she's just covered up??? I'm going to have to take a good look today.

We get 5 free hookups in the house, so every extra one costs money so I"m sure we'll spend lots. Might go back to the showhome today to decided where tvs would mostly likely go. I'm wondering if we can get away with only 2 telephone jacks since we have all these cordless and only the main phone needs a phone jack.

Is the lean phase, the last phase? I can't remember?? Would you believe that I've 2 days of cleaning eating and have lost 2.5 lbs???????!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Kim - what kind of site are you sending me to? :eek: My work computer is blocking the site:D:rolleyes: LOL, even my sister said the same thing about the house. As far as we know, no one bought it on the weekend. I have Tosca's books and I don't think I've yet made anything out of them. DH and I seem to collect recipe books. Yeah, with cordless phones these days, one phone jack on each floor is probably all you need. I try to make sure one of my phones does not require any electricity though, just in case the power goes out.

Yesterday I started the Lean phase. Bi/Tri mainly and it was tough. Its hard to go from failure in 6-8 reps back up to 10-12. Yep, the 3rd and final phase of CLX. Great news on the weight loss Kim! Hope you weren't sabotaged with too many Mother Days treats!

I'm still under the weather and while have enough energy to do weight lifting not so sure on the cardio yet. DH worked at the cottage all weekend so he wants to take me out for dinner tonight. So will see if I get a w/o in or not:):D

Morning Coolers,

Had a busy weekend, and I hope both of you had a wonderful Mothers Day. The family took me out to Carabbas for lunch, and it was very nice. After lunch we went looking at used cars for DD17. Even used cars are expensive, but I'm sure we will find something that is reasonable with not to many miles on it.

Saturday was Barry's Bootcamp 5 Day Academy floor cardio with Joey, nothing yesterday. This morning was a 3 mile run on my treadmill, and Coremax #1. Will get in Meso 3 Chest & Back workout after I get home.

Kim, We didn't get snow either, but we did get some rain/snow mix. Just hope it will start warming up a little. My DH is the one that set all the technology stuff into our house. He did that stuff for a living. LOL

Patricia, Like the way the house looks, especially the kitchen. :D Funny how those phone things seem to have more money spent on them than intended. LOL BFBM has very good useful information, enjoy reading it. I'm crossing my fingers that you are able to get the house, at a more reasonable price.

Have a great day!

Morning Coolers

Had a nice dinner out last night and took it as a rest day too:p This cold has really settled in so taking it easy.:( With regard to the house, we're still waiting them out to get them to come down. We seem to be doing all the giving.

Laurie - are you just doing random STS workouts now?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.