~~~~ Coolers in April ~~~

MommaPew

Cathlete
Happy April Fools Day Coolers

Beautiful sunny day here and the weekend just looks to be hotter and sunnier :D:)

Last night I did Fat Burn Challenge (interval with endurance weights) along with I've got Abs. I had some one come by and p/u an a/c unit that had had stored in the basement. It's really heavy and didn't realize when I arranged the time for p/u that DH woudn't be home:mad: Anyhow, the guy was able to manage on his own but I was picturing dents in the wall going up stairs and now is not the time for repairs:eek:

Laurie - just got an email from my Aunt. My parents stayed there last night on there way home from Florida - So BBC is in the country:D Sounds like DS got her head on straight if she knows what she wants to do. That sounds like a good choice. I love my Kindle, but so addictive and therefore expensive:rolleyes: It's so easy to just go and buy a book, especially if you find a new author to just start buying every single one of theirs. I pay in USD though so now with our dollar on par is a good time for me to stock up. Psst - just don't tell my DH:D

Kim - I remember at 13 having a new BF every other week. But, this is the age when the necking starts:eek: so a conversation is in order if it hasn't happened already. I like Laurie's advice. I'm impressed. Doing Plyo after walking at the zoo:)

The Easter Bunny is bringing a chocolate fire engine this Sunday. DS saw it at a store and mentioned it to me last week so of course had to go out and buy it:D

Morning Coolers,

I keep forgetting that it is April Fools Day! Glad the DD's where not awake this morning to realize it. :eek: Max Recovery for me this morning. Got my normal sleep requirement, and it really felt great.

Kim, No I don't take allergy meds, but we had clean up day here at work. I was moving stuff that was layered in dust. I started getting a sore throat that afternoon, and I think that is what contributed to the headache. I probably should go in and get tested, but usually I'm able to deal with it for the couple of months in the year that I get sinus issues. Oh I like Law & Order, but only the Criminal Intent ones. Jeff Goldblum is one of my favorite actors. Have fun at the zoo.

Patricia, Love the chocolate fire engine. My oldest said that I don't need to go to any fuss anymore, but I know my 13 year old would still like to get a basket. :D The only thing I have is peanut butter eggs, that is about all those girls like. :D Will you be seeing your parents at Easter? Glad that BBC has finally gotten into Canada! LOL

Have a great day!

Morning Coolers,

Max Cardio Conditioning is finished. Was not able to get Insane Abs in, so will hold that one off until tomorrow. Will be busy at the church tonight, so there will be no way to get it finished after work.

Happy Easter to both of you!

Sorry, I didn't get to post last night. My basement was taken over by 12 year boys:rolleyes: Haven't been able to work out yet because there still here. But will plan to do disc 33 later today. It's a raining/windy day so a good day to get some decluttering done.

I'm such a big reader that I've looked at the Kindle but we have such a great library a few minutes away (and it's free!!) that it's really hard to justify that cost.

Got some errands done yesterday and went back (yet again) to see the model of the home that we're building. Took some pictures so I can remember what types of curtains they have, etc. The kids spent a long time trying to decide where their beds would be and stuff. It was actually lots of fun! It was a different saleslady and she was enjoying talking with us. Then we went shopping for shower curtains, as each of the kids will have their own bathrooms. DS chose one with a beach/palm trees and dd chose fishes//aquatics. Kind of silly since we don't even have a hole in the ground but the kids thought it was fun and we have lots of time this week.

Good Friday Evening Coolers

I'm am tuckered. My butt and legs are sore. Been busy all day moving, decluttering and tiding up. It will be a never ending struggle to keep DS's toys organized now. I did Fat Burning Challenge (30min of drills) then Stretch Max using the resistance band. It's a beautiful sunny day here (I think low 20s) so had fun playing outside with DS. We went to a park then to DQ for ice cream:) So looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

So I think we're pretty much ready to put the house on the market next week. Just a couple things to get off the kitchen counter, magnets off the fridge and clean up the bulletin board.

Kim - its soooo much fun shopping for a new house isn't. Don't blame you at all for already buying. I've had a comforter for our bedroom at the cottage for 3 years, along with other wall hanging stuff. So looking forward to actually taking them to the cottage this year and getting it out of my house:D

Happy Easter Everyone

Did something stupid, I hit my head with a 20lb metal weight while doing overhead tricep extenstions yesterday. It still hurts and I have quite the bump! Today was Step Moves and the cardio from Circuit blast. I have one more week of STS! I'm thinking of doing the March rotation, I don't know if I'm ready to face Shaun T.

Our bed frame/night stands were delivered today. It looks nice. Beds are getting higher and higher:eek: We took the old bedframe to a charity. Also did a second trip to another charity to take a trunkload of junk from decluttering.

Then we spent an exciting afternoon shopping for vacuums. For various reasons we decided to not put a central vac. in the new house so would have to buy one for that. The current central vac works great upstairs but the suction in the basement is going. I had a repairmen out once and didn't seem to help. This way I can give the basement a good cleaning for when we show the house and have it to take to the new house. I couldn't believe the price of vacuums!:eek:

Patricia, you'll have fun decorating a new house and a cottage! Do you know where you're moving to yet? I assume you're going on another Cathe road trip with your gift certificiate. I'm so jealous if it wasn't for the cost of the new house I might have just paid the huge flight costs and come this year.

I can't believe you have the house ready for market, we've been decluttering/fixing/cleaning for 6 weeks now and still have lots to do. Of course, we've been here for 18 years. I'm amazed how much we got done this week though.

Good Easter Sunday Coolers

Well, it's official. The Real Estate Agent just left after taking pictures. Sign is not yet on the lawn but I would expect tomorrow if not Tuesday. So the fun begins:eek::eek:

BIL & SIL came on Sat. and left about noon today. We had 27c weather yesterday and ate out on a patio for lunch. It was absolutely gorgeous. Today sunny but cooler but not complaining!

I have to get Burn Circuit #1 in tonight sometime. 4th week of the Burn Phase. I'm home tomorrow as school and daycare are both closed.

Kim - ouch on the head. I can just picture it too! We bought a new bed and mattress set a year or so ago. We got the pillowtop mattress and didn't think about the box spring. We had to exchange the box spring for a low profile one or else we needed a stepping stool to climb into bed:p I hear you on the vaccuum. Our central vac here sucks (in that it really doesn't suck well!) I've been looking at the Dyson. I've only ever heard good things about them but yeah, talk about expensive!:(:(

DS wants to play on the computer so I'd better get off.

I still have a big painful bump on the back of my head. I can't even sleep on my back:rolleyes: I'm starting to think I should go get it checked out.

We had a really nice quiet Easter. Usually we have two big family dinners while lots of cooking/organizng but due to different circumstances (my sister and her family are away on vacation, MIL had the flu, etc) that didn't happen this year. DH and I did a little egg hunt for the kids, then we went out to a restaurant for brunch (my mom came but just the 5 of us) and then we drove out to a provincial park and did a 6.8 km. hike. My mom is a big fitness buff. It was a nice way to spend the last day of spring break.

I took a rest day and then tomorrow will start the last week of STS!

So you made the real estate agent work on a holiday;) I can't believe you're listing your home and you don't know where your moving to. So when do the showings start??

I would love some of the warm weather, we had snow again yesterday but not so bad today.

Morning All,

Sounds like you both had a very nice Easter weekend. I did get Max Interval Sports Training done on Saturday. Nixed the Insane Abs on Satruday for shopping with the DD's. :D Sunday I didn't do anything, and by the afternoon didn't feel all that great. This morning still wasn't feeling wonderful, but got the Fit Test and Insane Abs finished. As I was doing the Fit Test I started feeling better, and I'd say I'm about 95% to feeling normal. Don't know if I will be trying Max Interval Circuit when I get home. The girls have off for spring break this week, and DH leaves for Vegas on Wednesday. We will not be going with him, because his boss took to dang long to decide if DH was the one going to Vegas or not. The tickets got to expensive for us. :( But next year we are heading for a sunny beach. I'm already looking at the Cayman Islands. ;) Will be off of work starting Thurs, and maybe even Wednesday.

Patricia, Wow that was quick getting your house on the market. Guess that comes from having to move so many times.

Kim, Ouch! You must have really hit your head hard. Did you see stars! Enjoy your last week of STS. I only have two weeks of Insanity left. This rotation went really quick for me.

Have a great day!

That rotation did go by fast Laurie! So have you seen results from Insanity? Did you think you would do another rotation?

That's too bad that you don't get to go to Vegas! We're also thinking of a hot beach for next year's vacation, I've been saving my airmiles. We're thinking of either Dominican Republic or Cuba. I've been to Grand Cayman twice on cruises (so just one day stops) it's a beautiful island! We did the catamaran ride out to swim wtih the stingrays last year and had so much fun!

The kids are back in school today, Dh is back at work and I work for the government so have Easter Monday off.:D It actually seems very lonely home alone after so many days off together. Back to work tomorrow. Just finished disc 34.

Evening Coolers

Well the fun and inconvenience has begun. We got a call at about 6pm to say someone wanted to view our house between 8-8:30pm. I'm fine with the short notice but DS goes to bed at 7:30:( Anyhow, we went to a friends in the neighbourhood who feed us tiamasu (as if I need that after all the chocolate I've eaten this weekend:eek:) Since the Realtor hasn't put the key box on the door yet (don't even have the foresale sign up yet) I had to stay and let them in so saw they were a young couple with about a 2yr old boy. Which might work to our advantage since we moved in here with a 2yr old boy! Already have another viewing tomorrow at 1pm. Lets hope no too many late nights. Thankfully my workouts are short so should still be able to get them in.

Got my winters tires changed for summer today and made sure to get a 40/20 in this afternoon just in case we got kicked out tonight!

Laurie - bummer on not going to Vegas. Don't you hate when the boss makes these late decisions. How hard can it be? Yes, I want to hear the results. Doing 40/20 today I thought if Insanity was like this NO THANK YOU. Though, just as I was getting ready to call it quits it was over:D Well, once we cleaned up our storage room everything else was pretty much ready to go.

Kim - OMG, I would love to be home by myself. I've been home since Friday with DS and today I was so short of temper:rolleyes:. Lately, I swear he doesn't stop talking, or asking for help, and always at the worst time. And of course now I'm Psycho Mom in keeping the house neat and tidy. Poor kid got yelled at for crumbles under his chair today:eek: Hope your pillow feels softer tonight:rolleyes:

Morning Coolers,

Max Interval Circuit for me this morning, and it went quite well so I know that I'm feel way better. :D

Kim, I think the most positive result I have seen from Insanity is the fact that I will not be afraid of trying an intense workout again. Now if the intensity will also require coordination, then I probably will not try it. Still have not gotten the two left feet fixed yet. LOL I do have to laugh that you have Easter Monday off, and you have a gov't job. I work in a private sector job and we didn't have any "Holiday" time off. :D But the public jobs all had before and after off. :) We actually had those days taken away from us when the political correctness came about.

Patricia, Wow that was quick! Wonder if you will even have a for sale sign out front. :D Maybe it will sell before they can put it out. :D Will let you know how 40/20 goes when I finish with this rotation. First Hiit workout I have planned is 30/30.

Have a great day!

Wow, you could have the house sold this week Patricia!!

I just finished Athletic Step, this is a good workout. It's busy at work after the 4 day weekend, and my holidays. So I'm going to work some extra days, my manager was teasing that with all the extra days I've been doing that I will have the house paid off soon:rolleyes:

I had to stay at work late as my 2:45 appt showed up at 3:45:mad: He's a nice guy so I stayed and treated him (I get off work at 3:45) It's really quite amazing how many people show up at the wrong time/day for their appointments, very annoying!

Laurie, Glad that you're feeling better! So you don't even get Good Friday off??

Evening Coolers

Just finished Burn Circuit #2 for the last time. Almost finished with the Burn Phase:) No viewings tonight thankfully (I guess:rolleyes:) We had 2 viewings today, apparently they're interested but no offer so not holding my breathe:rolleyes: Got locked out of the house tonight though. I usually carry my house keys on me but for some reason I didn't today. We really don't need them as we access our house thru the garage door opener. Well, who ever visited our house today locked the door from the garage into the house. Had to call our Realtor for the combination to the lock box with the key. Could only happen to us I tell you:eek:

Good to hear you're feeling better Laurie. Funny how we judge how we're feeling by how well we do in our workouts!

Nighty night

Morning Coolers,

Max Interval Plyo is finished. My oldest DD went to with some friends to a water park that is about a 2 hour drive from us. They didn't get home until after midnight, because they where stuck because of the T-Storms we where having yesterday. I'm glad that they didn't drive in the nasty weather, but I sure wasn't going to sleep until I knew DD was safe. ;) We are suppose to get snow tonight, and tomorrow morning. But shouldn't stay around. :rolleyes:

Kim, Nope, if we want Good Friday off we have to take a vacation day. It makes for a long time between New Year's and Memorial Day. Probably why I decided to take the next two days of this week off. I would have felt so guilty getting to a scheduled appointment an hour later. Nice of you to stay and take care of him.

Patricia, Good thing that you had the realtor's phone number with you. That could have been a long wait otherwise. Yep a good workout really is a good indicator on how your body is feeling that day.

Have a wonderful day!

Gosh Laurie, you must have been worried. Glad to hear DD got home safe and sound. Sounds like they handled the weather maturely. Yuck on the snow. I hear we might be getting some tomorrow too:mad: Hey, I'm in the private sector too and get Good Friday off. While I'm not a practicing Christian this continent was founded on christianity. (I'll stay off my soap box:rolleyes:)

Kim - great customer service for you. Hopefully the guy appreciates it and doesn't screw up the time again. Don't you find sometimes you need another vacation after the 1st day back after being away. What, the world doesn't stop when I'm away:D:D

Did Get Lean Intervals along with Ab Burner tonight. No showings today but have one booked at 5pm tomorrow. Works out well we generally get home around 5:20 so will only have about 10 minutes to kill. Remembered to take my house keys with me today:D

I went to the annual general meeting at the school daycare this evening. (dd goes before/after school, during the summer). I have been the volunteer treasurer for the last 6 years but I'm not returning next year if we are moving. The chair of the board did a really nice farewell speech, and gave me a gift. Almost made me cry!

Came home and did plyo. DS did all 4 weeks with me, he's getting into track season at school so he thought it would help. Always nice to have company. What happened to DH's workout plan, Patricia??

Saw the ophthalmalogist regarding the growth on my eye. Probably won't get it removed unless it gets worse, I can go ahead and have the laser surgery without removing it but it's going to be more painful and longer recovery. So will think about the options.

Oh Laurie, I hate the thought of my teens out driving in bad weather, How stressful! The whole city is pretty much locked up tight on Good Friday. The movie theatres open in the evening but that's about it. No garbage, mail, for the 4 day weekend.

Patricia, from mid 20's to snow, that's quite a drop in temperature! How did the showing go tonight??

Off to read Harry Potter.

I hope your morning starts better than mine! Woke up to freezing rain and since the warmer weather I've started parking on the driveway instead of inside:mad: Anyhow, had to run the car for a while but I knew I was low on gas so was careful. Dropped DS off at daycare and pulled up to get gas. The lever for the gas door had some resistance so like a MORON I forced it and heard the cable that runs from it to the gas door break. So now I"m low on gas and can't get any until I get this fixed:mad: I did this a few years ago and should have known better. There is a manual switch in the trunk but I've still got 4 winter tires in there and its freaking raining out so forget that. Anyhow, its an easy fix, but just have to get to the mechanics, leave my car so that means getting a ride there and back. So just unnecessary aggravation that I could have done without:rolleyes:

Good news there is another showing booked for this afternoon so that makes 2 for today. Fingers are x-d. I really really hate this part. I'd forgotten what it was like from 3 years ago.

Off to get another cup of java. It might cheer up my day.

Morning Coolers,

Max Cardio Conditioning is finished. I'm going to be doing either Insane Abs or Cardio Abs later today, along with some yoga. Waiting for my oldest DD to call about picking her up from track practice. We had snow on the ground this morning, and it is still coming down but really on the light side.

Planning on going shopping to get oldest DD ready for her prom in about 2 weeks. She needs some hair extensions, and shoes.

Patricia, What a way to start out your day, hope you are able to get it fixed without to much more trouble. Glad to hear about the showings, it at least tells you that people are out there looking. I remember when we where selling our house, we didn't have anyone looking at it for weeks. Hey soap box away, I'm with you on that one. LOL

Kim, The best part about DD going through this experience is that when I got home last night I got the biggest hug from her. Once they get to be her age, they tend not to require those daily hugs from Mom! :( She did admitt that she was scared. I don't know what I would do about the laser, I'm not one for more pain. :rolleyes: Wow on shutting down on all those things. Are you reading a new Harry Potter? I have not read any of those, and really don't watch the movies when the girls are watching them. Just not my cup of tea I guess. ;)

Have a great day!

OMG - I'm ticket #057 for the Road Trip. I logged onto the link right at 2pm too! I was thinking I'd be in the top 10 at least. Might not take too long to sell out this year!

I had to pay on my M/C but already sent an email about having it transferred against my gift certificate I got for Xmas. DH bought me one at $500 can you believe it! All I need now is Cathe's new pre-order to use it up!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.