~~~~~Watercoolers~~~~Friske Friday!

aschendell

Cathlete
Just starting us off....back in a bit...Today's starter is in honor of Laurie!!

Jeanette....Sending hugs out to you and your family. I pray things get easier for everyone today.

Back in a few!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

LOL, about today's title!!! Good one, Debra!

No word this morning on Grandma. I thought and prayed that I'd get a call or email, but nothing yet. I'll give them a call after a bit.

I'm planning on a little Christi step, 4DS Shoulders (my Platemates came yesterday) and some Ab Jam. The name Ab Jam reminds me of Toe Jam.

BBL,

Jeanette

Meow, Meow, Cats Rule, Dogs Drool

Jeanette, hope the end is near. Its hard to see anyone suffering needlessly. I'm sure your parents are appreciating all the support they are getting from both you and your sister.

Stayed up to watch ER and Lost last night. Kept flipping between the 2 shows during commercials.

I've had my Fri. a.m. donut and 1st cuppa. Does having blueberries in the donut count as a healthy treat?

Speaking of treats, last week I was giving DS eye drops due to his infection. To get him to sit for them I always offered him 2 treats (jelly beans) afterwards. Its funny, b/c everytime he would roll off the bed head right for the kitchen and stand there waiting for his treats and 9x out 10 he would just walk around holding the JB and then give them back to me saying he didn't want them. Anyhow, it's funny b/c when he sees me doing my eye drops he goes "Treat for Mommy now".:p They are precious at this age.

Okay off to work.

Hi all,
Got an email about an hour ago. Grandma passed during the night. She's at peace now.

I have to go to work this morning for a while, then will head over to Mom & Dad's. Also will be fixing some enchiladas for dinner for them tonite.

Thanks for everyone's love, prayers and support.

I will check back later tonite.

Jeanette

Good morning,

Jeanette....I'm relieved to hear she's finally at rest. (((((((Hugs))))))) to you and your family.

Patricia....That's a sweet DS story! I agree - they're precious at this age.

Hello to everyone. I'm off to do my workout: UB+ and Abs/Core+. Then I'm out and about for a bit. I'll come back in late afternoon, most likely.

Have a great day!
Sandra

Morning Coolers,

Jeanette, My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this time. Glad you GM is at peace. {{{{HUGS}}}}

I feel so honored to have the thread inspired by me. :7 :7 :7

My sister called me last night to inform me that my Dad had a very very minor stroke a while back. My Mom didn't inform anyone. I'm guessing that she didn't want to worry any of us. It apparently only has affected his eye. Very lucky man, and I hope he takes better care of himself. I will be seeing him at Memorial Day, and I am sure that the whole troupe of us will be on his case. Maybe that is why Mom didn't say anything. :7

Todays workout was Tae Bo Advanced Live #5. I have forgotten most of these workouts, so didn't realize that this one was going to be mostly floor work. I really wanted to do a cardio type KB, so as I was driving to work it came to me that I should should have done Cardio Kicks. Maybe I will do that one when I get home. :D I will say that right now my lower body is feeling the Tae Bo workout. ;-)

Debra, Nope DH isn't acting like a baby, he is just complaining about how long it is taking to get rid of it. That I can take. Did that headache go away?

Patricia, I see you gave yourself a treat for putting in your eye drops too. Of course blueberries have to count in a donut. :7 :7 Loved your story about you little one. Love your pics, now I guess I really need to get mine set up. See now if I was playing BB with you I would be at first base. It is nice when the team is into the fun factor, hope that continues.

Sandra, I don't think that I would do a P90X+ rotation for 12 weeks either. I was thinking of using the upper and total body. Would also need to add in a leg workout of Cathe's too. I agree that when you have children they are the ones that overtake the camera. My MIL always takes pics of us, but why are we always over on the far far left side of the pic? :7 :7 Guess who is on the left side of the camera? :7 :7 To bad you can't have a camera on that toddler of yours 24x7. :7 :7 I need to get my tea, but I think my nose will only smell the tea. :7 :7

Wendy, Oh yes I collect the villians. I have the whole set of Christmas ornaments, and they sit right next to the Disney princesses on the tree. :7 :7 But my favorite one happens to be Malificent! She is the best at being evil! :7 :7 Then a close 2nd would be Cruella Devil. Thanks for the info on the size for the I-pod, I will keep that in mind. Yes I'm hoping that DH will help me pick the right one for what I need. He is very good at that type of stuff. My brother was having problems with his TV, and DH fixed it within 30 seconds. :7 :7 You make me LOL about your yoga. I love the fact that you are talking your instructor into going to the workshop too!

Kim, My DD's have only been to Disney once, and that is the case for me also. I would love to go again, with just the 4 of us. Last time we had his family along, and we seemed to have his parents with us all the time. x( WTG on the CC workout.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Jeanette.......... Many many hugs & much luv to you & your family - What a charmed life your grandmother had. To have the love & closeness of your family was the ultimate gift in life.
Take time to nurture yourself....all loss is difficult- just because she was elderly doesnt make it easier.... XXOOXOXOXOXO

I haven't decided what workout to do today. I may refer to Dr. Rastin's Lower Body Rotation. :)

We're heading out of town this weekend. I won't be able to play as much with you guys since I'll be all thumbs. Play hard and give me something to read.:)

Debra: Check your email. Then clean your house!!!:p :+ :7

Jeanette: Thank you for keeping us posted!!! You have been such a blessing to your family!!! I love how close you all are!!! It's a precious gift!!!

Patricia: Your son sounds soooo cute! I love kiddos at this age. Did you get any Eoin Finn dvds yet or practiced any of his flows? You might want to practice some of his stuff. When I was reading one of the field reports on VF, a couple of people mentioned that it would have been difficult to follow along during class if you weren't familiar with his dvd flows. That could be different with this type of workshop. But, it's always better to be prepared. Reading over last night's post, I sound harsh. I wasn't trying to be harsh to you. Just thinking aloud about all the hoopla over STS preorders and production, and what my limits are. Anyhoo, have you booked your room yet? Are you staying with your friends?

Sandra: Good for you pressing play with X+ today!!! Should I put those on my wish list? When I went to order them a few month, I couldn't find my credit card. x( When I finally found it, I never got around to ordering it. sigh

Hi Kim: Hope you're having a good day.

No one has asked. But, YES! I know the difference between your and you're. I just don't pay attention to details while typing.x(

Okay ladies, off I go to heat up some ham soup for Baby. We've run out of dog food. I'll buy her some later today.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!
Wendy

Just wanted to let you know that I spent all of my forum time sending emails!!!! So..I will have to come and play later.

Jeanette...hugs...hugs....hugs....

Hope the rest of you are having a great day...My headache is gone...and I MUST clean this house a bit! Back in while to catch up.

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Laurie: Refresh my memory. Which one is Malificent? I know who Cruella Devil is... Debra's sister.:eek: :+ ;) Shuuush!!! Yeah, I think a smaller ipod would be good to store only workouts. If you think you'd like to store music on it too, maybe get another MP3 for music only. (Don't you love how I'm spending your $$? LOL) Since we don't know when SNM will be finished with the Workout Blender, I think it's best to wait on a video ipod since technology is always advancing and prices dropping. How frustrating to find out after the fact. Well, that's how I felt after my mom was in the hospital for days. The only reason we found out was when my sister called her house. But the Crazy Asian knew we'd fly down to Florida when she was first admitted. And, she didn't want us overreacting. Hope your dad is taking care of himself!!! Yes, get on his case!!!:+ I can't believe my yoga instructor didn't say something to me about doing my own Lindy flow and ignoring his cues. I'm hoping he does go and meet Eoin. Eoin is so much better for accepting where you're at in my eyes than Baron!}(

Debra: You know I love you. But, have you moved Polly from the bathroom yet?!?! Did you get Polly out of the house and take her hiking with you? Oh, and that Tick could go without food for a week and not starve. Not that you should let the Tick go without food!!!! I just love the Tick!!!!!!

Okay, now I best get lunch fixed. I'm heating up protein pancakes for myself. I'll save Patricia's maple syrup for real pancakes. I'll be using a drizzle of Agave Nectar today.:9

Wendy

Wendy - I don't think I'll stay with friends. PM me to let me know your hotel. I'll be driving down there so we can use my car to get around. I've been thinking of buying the surfer addition so may look into that.

Jeanette - ((HUGGS) As Traci said it doesn't matter their age the loss will always be felt. I hope everyone gets together and remember the good times.

Back to catch up a bit.....actually, I am just avoiding working out...LOL! I need to do legs and I am just not in the mood. Anyhoo...I got some laundry done and the floors vacuumed and mopped..so no guilt feelings from here on out on the housework!! I have some delayed DOMS from SH chest on Wednesday today...and a few DOMS in my lower abdomen...so I guess some of that core stuff works...LOL! I was thinking I would do Leaner Legs today, but I think there are a lot of lunges in that one, and since I would rather not aggravate my knee, I may do LG instead.

Okay...back to the gyno visit...The doctor told me there is a whole segment of physical therapy that is just emerging for women...These PTs specialize in helping women with pelvic pain, pregnancy pain, urine incontinence, pain during intercourse, etc. Who knew?? She gave me the name and number of the facility that is associated with them...so maybe I can do some observation time with them. She thinks this is going to become a huge field.

As far as the neighbors go...We have other neighbors whose daughters play with my DD...the girls come and go from each other's houses and spend the night sometimes...and I certainly talk to the parents, but we don't hang out on a social level except during neighborhood functions. That's the way it has been and that is the way I like it...the problem with the new neighbors is that their DD comes over to play and if for some reason I am outside...whether I am on the computer, have CBL over, working in the yard, or just trying to have a peaceful moment with a little cocktail...She shows up with the toddler and the biting dog!! UGH. The past few times that CBL has been over, she has come over when she was us outside...Even if the kids are playing at one of the other girl's house...It's not that she doesn't trust him/me with her DD, I think she is just lonely since her DH travels all week. But she has lived here her whole life and I am wondering why she doesn't have any other friends to hang out with. I saw here last night gabbing with one of the other neighbors...just glad it wasn't me. It's just that when CBL comes over, I really want to spend time with him and not feel like I have to entertain her, her bratty toddler, and her biting dog...one of whom trampled my new pepper plants!!

All right...enough of my rant for now..I am going to fold a load of laundry and I will be back for personals...

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi Lea!!! I will check out the you tube link shortly.

Patricia: I PM'd you.

Jeanette: Check your email when you get the chance.

Debra: Wow those are some intimate issues. I vote for LG if you're bound and determined to do a lower body/cardio type workout. That's a tricky situation you have with your neighbor. You don't want her to feel rejected, yet you want to breath. I think no matter what you decide to do (stall with excuses, brutal honesty), she might feel a little hurt when she realizes that her presence isn't wanted all the time. You've gotta set some boundaries though. Are you willing to put up with this until you sell the house? UGH!!!!

Okay English and History are DONE! Spelling is up. I think I'm going to take a rest day. I may warm up on the trainer and do some shoulder openers after spelling.

:* :* :*
Wendy

Personals.......

Jeanette...
More hugs coming your way...Can't seem to send enough for you and your family today.

Traci, Tracy and Lea...
Glad to see you shining faces...even if just for a minute!

Patricia...
You're right about that age just being precious. You just never know what they are gong to say! Well, I am excited about meeting you in Toronto for the Eoin fest!! CBL and I are going to make a week of it...He won't be going to the yoga workshop, just coming along to visit the city. We are really looking forward to it! We are going to finalize our plans this weekend so I will let you know where we are staying. I am a huge 'Lost' fan...I was feeling so yucky last night, though, I could barely concentrate...but I have it on my DVR, so I can review it before next week...LOL! I saw that thread last night too...and I just wanted to say, 'Shut up, already!! SNM answered the question hours ago!!' No preggers for me...It would be a complete shock...and almost impossible...LOL!!

Sandra..
Hope your cold is getting better. Sounds like you are a busy bee today! Well, I guess it will be a while before your dissertation is complete...Are you chomping at the bit to get done with it?? How are your classes at the Y going? How much longer until you are cone with those? Could I ask you anymore questions?? LOL! I used XDH's credit card again and got Tony's 10 minute trainers!! I am a very bad girl!! But all in the name of fitness, right?? My rationalization of the day. Cute story about the neti pot, too!

Kim...
Sounds like you enjoyed your day off yesterday! Good for you. How was the relaxing night of TV? At least I am not alone with the crazy neighbors...at least yours moved away! I am just too nice for my own good sometimes and it leads me to get taken advantage of, and then I resent it. Ugh. Hope your pooch is okay. It's tough when they get to be that age. Hope nothing major is wrong.

Wendy...
Hello, my dear! Sounds like you are busy as usual today. Stop eating so healthy...you are going to make me look bad! I have actually had a few salads this week. And my lettuce I am growing is ready to be picked...at least some of it to thin it out, so I guess we will be having salad on Sunday when CBL comes over for dinner. Where are you headed for the weekend?? Malificent is the one in 'Sleeping Beauty'...I am NOT Cruella..I do NOT wear fur!!!!!!! LOL! Polly has been out plenty lately...she came home smelling like poop the other day...no telling what she had been in! And the Tick is just fine. Just read your reply to my neighbor issue...I don't mind hanging out with her sometime....Just not every time I want to be outside, you know?? I am really bad about brutal honesty...and I don't' want to hurt her feelings. I will try to avoid it as long as possible...LOL!

Laurie...
Sorry to hear about the scare with your dad...I am glad that everything is okay at this point. I can't believe your mom didn't tell you guys!! Silly thing! I am glad you will be seeing them in the next couple of weeks. Crazy woman...wait and do Cardio Kicks tomorrow! Well, I am glad that DH isn't being a baby about the cold. Sometimes they are such children...lol! Is DD's recital this weekend?? I am going to email Nicole this weekend and make sure all is well with her. I should be breaking out the Patricia dvd over the weekend, so I will let you know how that goes.

Think that catches me up...so I guess that means I have to go do legs now. Wish me luck!!

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Back with some semblance of a workout complete...I just wasn't feeling the love for anything, but then I remembered I got my 10 minute trainers from Tony...So I popped in the leg one! Even I can do legs for 10 minutes...LOL! I also did the 10 minute cardio...which was pretty tough and I didn't even use the bands. Then I did the pilates and yoga part of my new Tracey Staehl and called it a day. I will do a long session of yoga with Eoin tomorrow and kickboxing on Sunday with the KM leg drills...so that should make up for the lack of a long leg workout this week. I will let you know if I have any DOMS from the 10 minutes, though!

Okay...off to shower...CBL is stopping by after work today...just for a few minutes, but I would rather not smell like a goat when he's here. My mom is taking DD tomorrow night, so we get to go on an actual date...Kind of looking forward to that!!!! A sleep over and everything!!

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Goodevening Coolers

Just finished Turbo Jam - CP#3 for the 1st time. The jury is still outer on it. At the moment I think I prefer CP#1. Will try CP#2 next time. Also did Kathy Smith's Tummer Trimmbers - 10 min. ball stabilizer

Haven't decided what Total Body w/o tomorrow to do. Maybe T3 as it's new.

Went out and bought DS a hockey net tonight and got it assembled. The netting isn't the greatest but figure hubby can fix it later. He was so excited when I told him I was getting him one. The only way to get him to come inside for dinner was let him know what we were doing after dinner. Boy do they learn early, once you make a promise they hold you to it. Right after dinner he went right to the back door, put on his shoes and just stood there waiting for me to come.

Might go out for breakfast tomorrow. Coffee maker is acting up and need to make sure I get my joe in the a.m.

Debra - something is better than nothing I say, especially if you're in a funk. Have fun on date night tomorrow. I don't remember what those are anymore.

Well, time to call it a night. Chat tomorrow.

Hi coolers,
Just got back from Mom and Dad's. Mom is doing fine. We will probably be doing a memorial service/family event for Grandma on her birthday on June 21st.

Mom and Dad enjoyed the enchiladas that I brought over. I was pleased with them. Pretty tasty. Tomorrow DH and I will be heading out on the Rhino for a day of riding. Sunday will be a hill climb ride. One more week until my triathlon relay.

My workout this morning was Christi Taylor's Totally Cool Step for about 30 minutes, then 4DS Shoulders (used my Platemates for a couple of the sets, going to love having these). After that, I did the standing and floor abs from Ab Jam.

I want to thank everyone for all the support and prayers during this tough time with Grandma. She's in a better place now. Sure lifted my spirits to read all the kind thoughts going out to me from you, my friends. Thanks so much.

Patricia, I definitely think that berries in a donut count as a fruit serving and help cancel out the bad effects from the donut. My downfall are cookies, whereas I can easily turn down a donut. That's so cute about your DS and the jelly beans. What a cutey he is. Can't have a broken coffee maker!!! I've found that they just go out all of a sudden. One day your coffee is not hot, next day it won't brew at all. Enjoy breakfast out. My favorite meal to eat out.

Wendy, you are leaving for the weekend again??? Another pamper weekend? Girl, you are doing something right for sure. You crack me up about making people food for the dog due to running out of dog food. That sounds like something I'd do for sure. Reminds me that I need to pick up some cat litter.

Laurie, so sorry about your father having a stroke. Hope he can get over the effects of it. Sounds like he's super lucky to only have a minor one. Do they know what caused it? Hope he listens to you kids. I really wish my parents would be more active. They putter a lot around the house, but I think more walking would help them a lot. I would love for my mom to try golf, but don't think that will happen.

Traci, thanks so much for the sentiments about Grandma. I realize I'm pretty lucky to have the family that I have. We all enjoy our family events. Hope you are making lots of headway with your studies. Miss you so much on here.

Debra, glad your headache is gone. House clean? What's that? What you got planned for the weekend, girl? Hope the pesky neighbors don't show this weekend. Maybe you can all of a sudden glance at your watch, jump up and say, "Good Lord, where did the time go? I've got to get those cookies made. Sorry, gotta get busy." I wouldn't invite them in your house either.

Lea, thank you for the hugs and prayers. Nice to see you on here. How have you been? Loved, loved, loved the UTube on the "man cold". Ain't that the truth!

Gotta get to bed as it's after 11 now.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.