~~~~~~TGIF KETTLEBELLS!~~~~~~

Well, today was def better than yesterday! :D I didn't want to start, but once I did I didn't want to stop - I love days like this! I did SIM Week 3, Day 4, and it's crazy but I have really grown to look forward to doing this workout - honestly! Usually I get really bored doing the same things over and over, but I have really seen and felt strength gains and endurance. I know that I am improving and that is pushing my to want to keep going with this. I did the normal workout, upped my windmill weight to 25# and added a pull-up/push-up circuit at the end. I did as many as could each round for three rounds, but on the last round I did everything assisted and pumped out as many as I could. After that I did Providence swings, squat/sumo squats and tactical lunges. I am pumped, it's awesome!

Rhonda, we were going to get snakes, but DH absolutely refused to have them in the house so DS settled for a rat... then I fell in love and I got one. I love rats; they are the smartest pets we have ever had. They are potty trained - on their own - and the are extremely social and docile. They are recommended over hamsters and gerbils for young children because they are so passive, but I know they have a bad rap... you know, the plague and all that ;) but I love my guys. What is classical stretch? Is it yoga-esque?

Marcy, that surge in AB's workout sounds awesome! I have to find a way to integrate it into one of my workouts. I h-a-t-e tuck jumps, though. I bet I look really stupid doing them, too. :eek:

Deanie, how was field day? That is always such a fun day, isn't it? They aren't doing the events that I used to do in school anymore, though. We used to have running events, softball throw, jumping competitions; now it is all water balloon fights, obstacle courses, teamwork type things which is really great for kids who aren't so athletic (though I have to admit the competitive athlete in me is a little sad that they changed it). Where do you work/what do you do? (read note to Rhonda about rats - if you aren't scared, lol)

Jane, how was the celebration last night?

*waves hello to Gayle and Andilynn :D

Today is another busy day. I don't like the month of May - it is SOOO busy! and it is race month so there is a lot more traffic and it's harder to get around (I live near Indy, travel in Indy). Tonight is DD's birthday party and we are celebrating at an indoor water park... my baby girl is 12!!! We rented a room for a few of her friends and myself and are going to stay up watching movies - and do you know what movie she wants to see??? Pink Panther! I am so happy; even though she is 12, looks 16 and pretends to be a grown up deep inside she is still my baby girl. :) Anyways, I have lots of errands to run today for her party this afternoon. I also have a busy day tomorrow, and we are going camping from Sunday until Monday so I won't be around. I plan to do a WOD tomorrow after her friends go home, and then we'll be hiking trails while camping so that'll be enough I think.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Missy

Hi everyone! Friday has rolled around again, and it's a three day weekend too! Today will be a cardio day for me today, Imax 3 maybe that will shake out the DOMS I have from STS yesterday, I think I either need to invest in a squat rack or weighted vest(cheaper option) because I could go much heavier in the squats but its really hard to hold really heavy dumbells for that and my 25's were not much more comfortable on myn shoulders but I am pleased that I can do the heavier squats, but I'm feeling it today!

Missy- I like hearing that about rats, I've wanted one for the longest time but was afraid to take the leap, they seem so sweet and I had heard they were really smart! Also where near Indy do you live, I have a BIL in Plainfield and we live just north of Evansville in southern Indiana, nice to see another Hoosier on here!

Waves to Deanie, Marcy, Jane , Gayle and everyone else who stops by !:)

Good Afternoon

today seems to be shaping up into a rest day for me. After the boys got off to school, I had breakfast and can't seem to get motivated to do anything else!!LOL I have been reading my book instead of doing laundry, vacuuming, or running errands! Oh well...:p

Missy::: great job with SIM! I'm glad to hear its motivating! Enjoy your DD's party tonight! I am a big Pink Panther fan! (the original with Peter Sellers!) I have watched both the original Pink Panther and the return of the Pink Panther with my boys and they loved them!

Andilynn:::enjoy Imax 3. Its my favorite Imax!

Jane::: I hope you had a fun b-day celebration yesterday!!

waves to everyone else!

eta: Missy::: I teach Nursery School ( 4 year olds :) ) I love it!

Hi Everyone!

The birthday celebration was fun yesterday! I didn't eat too badly but I did enjoy myself.

Tonight I doing the following workout. I hope I get the workout in. It was rainy earlier today but now the sun is out.

Complete as many rounds in 30 minutes:
400m Run
10 sit ups
20 Box Jumps
30 Swings
40 Squats
50 Jump Rope

Missy~thanks for the info on rats. I never knew people had them as pets. Very cool! I'm glad you had a great workout today! Happy Birthday to your DD!!

Deanie ~ Enjoy your book! The laundry and household chores can wait! I love to read as well. What book are you reading?

Waves hello to Andilynn, Marcy and Gayle.

TGIF!!!! I've had a couple of odd busy days, thank goodness for the long weekend. :)

Deanie - Way to rock "Helen" yesterday, very nice time!

Missy - Great job on "Donkey Kong"! I love that WOD. Happy Birthday to DD!

Jane - Happy Birthday to your DS! That looks like a fine 30 minutes of torture that you have planned for the evening. ;)

Andilynn - Great job on your squats!

Waves hello to Marcy and Rhonda. :)

I'm heading to the gym to try another Cardio Coach on the dreadmill (Volume 2), just so I can make sure my first attempt wasn't a fluke. :)

Have a great night everyone!

Good Afternoon!

Turned out to be a busy day today. Everyone's out because of the holiday. This morning I did:

2&3/4-1 pullups
Upper body portion or Original Squeeze - used 5# for shoulders and some tris but then had to go down to 3# and used 3# for chest.
Used 5# for waist.
Pushups - 8 on toes with 2-2 count, 8 singles on toes

Core Rhythms Samba Fusion - mix of Samba and Cha Cha. I really do feel my core working with these but I'm still trying to get the hip action. Lots of hip shaking going on!

Gayle - Good luck with Cardio Coach on the Dreadmill (love that name!)

Jane - Hope you get your workout in before the rain comes! I'd probably be lucky if I got 1 round in 30 minutes!

Missy - Happy Birthday to your DD!

Andilynn - IMAX 3 is also my favorite IMAX! Enjoy!

Deanie - Glad to see you're enjoying your rest day! You deserve it! House chores can always wait another day. They're not going anywhere!

Missy - I'm not a fan of tuck jumps either but I'm starting to get better at them again.

Classical Stretch is toning and stretching. There's a lot of discussion about it over at videofitness. From what I read about the 2008 series, most of them seem to be about 1/3 strength and 2/3 stretch. Many people rave about them. I'm sure to most of us it seems like it's not enough but some people swear by it as their magic bullet.

Great workout today! I guess I felt the same way about ETK that you do about SIM. I have exercise ADD so I was surprised I kept up with it until the end. I also gained strength and endurance (especially with my swings and pullups/chinups) but it didn't do much for my physique. I admit my diet wasn't great but I think I was hungrier as well. I've been eating less and lost 1.5 pounds since I finished ETK.

I hope you and DD have a great time tonight! I love water parks!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.