~^~^ MELTERS! It's Hump Day! ~ ^~^

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

No workout again for me..:( ..I think my body is telling me something..like REST! Not sure what is going on..I woke up at 3:30, turned over, slept again until the alarm went off at 4:15, then just layed there until 4:45 and got up. No desire to do any workout..even Grace's Woo Hooing could not get me down there...I guess I am resigned to taking a rest week.

Shannon:
Thanks for the "intervention"...I stayed away from all the junk yesterday! Very proud that you still did a workout when you were derailed from cardio! I have had that tricip failure experience too..and strange that it is always my right arm..I am right handed and you would think your right arm would be stronger than the left..go figure!

Shelly:
Yes...you helped! Your Nanny sounds like a hoot:7

Leanne:
All that KB talk is making me want to try those workouts! Did you see the You Tube clip of STS? I can't wait until it gets here! Your Dad situation sounds just like mine! An hour away, with wife ( not your Mom)..We went to see mine Saturday and we took lunch to them! Yes..If I can't finish up the appraisals today, I will be working from home, then going in to sign them and get them to my boss..I have to stop stressing and just think about Keegan! Love the suits!

Tneah:
Georgie is gorgeous!:D ..I can't toss the candy...it's a sin to throw out chocolate! Get a pic of you as a gypsie please!!

Kara:
So sorry to hear about your ankle!I hope it is better today ...and ummm..I think you need to rest after the ceiling fan incident! Thanks so much for the links...I have the door pull up bar, and bands that were recommended for P90x..but they don't look half as long as the ones in the pictures..I guess you have to tie it in a loop over the bar?..I did try the chair assisted ones, but didn't do the negative only..I think that is a good way to get better at it, now seeing the video of the guy doing it that way.

Kristi:
WELCOME! We love having new people here..just jump right in and post away! WoW that challenge is pretty scary! Keep us posted on your training progress..

Lainie:
Oh my..4 teeth at once? Please take it easy..(((HUGS))) your way! p.s don't use a straw if you do have that milkshake!

Hi to Jennifer: what about that call? Inquiring minds want to know!

Have a great day!

Deb :)

Morning all~

Just sitting here with super-intense bad cramps, thanks to Aunt Flo. Trying hard not to throw up and waiting for the Advil to kick in. Needless to say I didn't work out this morning. Nor did I do anything yesterday. Got home, took Advil, sat on the couch and watched some episodes of Friends on DVD. I feel like a lazy, fat slob now.

Deb - it sure does sound like a rest week is in order!

I'll bbl.

I'm sitting here without those 4 teeth, feeling dopey. I also have a scratchy throat, which is making it hard to call the boys downstairs for breakfast.

Maybe it's a rest week for both Deb & Shelley. And me, for that matter. My instructions from the oral surgeon tell me not to exercise, so I have a pretty good reason. Considering I'm on a liquid diet, it might be tough to have the energy anyway. At least I have protein shakes left over from my last BFL attempt.

Kristi, just wanted to let you know that I am a Texan myself. I was born and mostly raised in Texas (born in Houston, raised north of Fort Worth). We left in '02 to live in Europe for 4 years, then came here (suburb of NYC) in '06. It's always nice to see other Texans online, since I'm still a Texan at heart (6th generation, I believe).

Well, gotta get the little rascals downstairs and get them to eat something.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Lainie - you should definitely not be working out with those newly pulled teeth! The last thing you want is for them to start bleeding again!

Okay, so I got home yesterday and waiting on my front walk right by my front door was this HUGE bouquet of flowers, from none other than our lovely Ms. Tneah. I just started crying when I read the little card. Thanks again, Tneah! Here's a picture of the flowers. Aren't they gorgeous?

http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL929/3430770/7047210/320014719.jpg

Good morning, Melters!

Deb - Yep, I think your body is telling you to rest, for sure. I'm glad you're listening. :7 Just enjoy it. You'll be back at it in no time.

Shelley - I hope the Advil has kicked in by now. Oh, those flowers are gorgeous!!! Just looking at the picture you posted makes me happy!

Tneah - you sweetheart! You are so very thoughtful!!

Lanie - I expect your doctor is right - all that jumping around exercising would probably make your mouth start bleeding again. We don't want that! Maybe you could stretch a little to work out any kinks.

Heck, I may end up joining everyone in this rest week. My calf is still misbehaving from Imax 1 on Saturday. It's aching in the place where I tore it last fall, which isn't very good. Stupid, ungrateful, stubborn thing. x( I'm going to try the elliptical tonight, but if I get any warning signs, I'll hop off and do nothing, I suppose. I just keep telling myself this is only temporary. It's bound to heal faster than the first time. Right???

Good morning all!

Deb – Thank you for the welcome! Sounds like rest is in order for you! That is so frustrating when you can’t sleep well. I hope it improves soon!

Shelley – ugh! I hope you feel lots better soon. You are undoubtedly not a lazy, fat slob – just listening to your body. ;) Your flowers are beautiful; I’m sure they are a cheerful, bright spot in your day. Hey, you mentioned that you’d have a teenage daughter soon – how old is she now?

Lainie – You poor thing! I hope you can spend your day relaxing, healing, and feeling better. I’m glad to know you are a fellow Texan! I’m sorry you had to move. :D I’m also 6th generation; my DH is 5th. Are there things you miss/don’t miss about Texas? Take it easy today!

Shannon – A torn calf – ouch! I’m sorry that injury is acting up! You are wise to respect what your body is telling you, although I’m sure that’s frustrating for you. I hope the pain is temporary and that your calf is feeling strong really soon.

Today is my DDs’ last day of school. They don’t have to go until 10:00 for their last final, and they’ll be done around 1:00. I’ll work out while they are gone. Today I’m doing GS Shoulders, Back, & Biceps; I’ll also do an ab segment or two off of other DVDs – probably something without equipment. I prefer core workouts that use no equipment – they are probably easier. :) If I have time, I may try a bit of Rhythmic Step, which I DVR’d off of FitTV. I’m really trying to improve at step before RT, but I don’t want to buy any purely step DVDs until I know if there’s any hope.

After my DDs get home, we are going to start cleaning out their rooms. I know that doesn’t sound like a fun way to celebrate the end of school, but they do have a party to go to tonight.

I’ll BBL to chat some more. Thank you again for welcoming me!

Good morning, everyone!

Uh oh! It sounds like we're falling apart here! Not a good way to start our month of fun! Sending collective {{{HUGS}}} and healing vibes to everyone!

Today I think I have Power Hour on the agenda, but I may swap it out to do kettlebells instead. They're just so much fun! But I should probably just stick to my plan, which is to do two "regular" Cathe weight workouts a week, and one KB workout. Maybe I'll practice some of the swings and moves a bit, too, though.

Woke up feeling down today. Tomorrow is what would have been my mom's 63rd birthday. I've been thinking about it all week, and know I'll be a mess tomorrow. I think that I may actually bring flowers down to the cemetery today since I don't like driving when I'm upset, and I know tomorrow I'll be a weepy mess all day long.

Deb -- Sounds like a smart idea to listen to your body and take a rest week! Sorry that you've still be getting such lousy sleep. And I really, really hope that you won't have to do any work next week on your vacation week on those appraisals. What awful timing! Wow -- that is quite a vacuum collection you have! Do you just like to buy new ones? The STS clip looks so awesome! It makes it harder and harder to wait! I think you'll really like the KBs if you try them out! ;-) What time do you leave for the airport tomorrow? We'll miss you the few days you're gone!

Shelley -- {{{HUGS}}} you poor thing with those awful cramps! Those flowers are absolutely gorgeous!!

Lainie -- Sending you {{{HUGS}}}, too, babe! Definitely do NOT work out for the next few days. You'll get back to it when you feel better! So do you think you'll keep your appointment for the actual braces tomorrow? It seems like they would want to give you more time to heal before putting them on.

Kara -- How is your ankle today? Any better? Hope so! Did you get the painting finished up? Take it easy and stay off that ankle if it's still bothering you!

Tneah -- You are such an incredible sweetie!!! Good for you doing all that awful leg work last night! You rock! Sorry that you're not enjoying the new protein pudding so much! :-( I like it since it's a nice change of pace from all the other powders. Oh, and I've found that it tastes better and gets creamier if you use a little bit less water (about 5 oz. instead of 6 oz.) and put it in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes before eating. :)

Shannon -- Yes, your calf *will* heal faster this time, but, in the meantime, definitely listen to your body and don't overdo it tonight on the elliptical if it starts acting up.

Kristi -- Haleigh and Kaitlyn look like such sweet girls. They must keep you really busy, in a good way! Those amulet bags your mother made sound beautiful! I'd love to see some of the other things that you've made! Isn't it fun to make jewelry? I don't have much creativity in me at all, which is why I also like to do seed beading -- so I can follow someone else's pattern! Yes, the kettlebells are so much fun! I'm so glad that your DH is doing fine now. That training you're both doing sounds so intense. How long will you have to do all those push-ups? I can barely keep up with Cathe on GS Chest with her drop sets of push-ups, so I can't even imagine doing what you're doing. That's so fantastic! What kind of law did you used to practice? Yes, trying on swimsuits is just so dang depressing! Ug!

Jennifer -- Any special plans for the weekend?

I've been sending "fun" vibes to Robin all week! I bet she's having an amazing time!

Morning All :) LOL, well sorta LOL, we are all falling apart this week aren't we?

Deb, me too with the sleeping thing!x( Whats up with that? You are right to take a rest week. I wish I could justify my own rest week....my body is sore this week--already!

Shelley, ((HUGS)) to you! The flowers are pretty, but the pic is always brighter than the actual thing, but I am happy you like them, it was my pleasure. Now enough of the fat slob talk please and rest up today...Friends cures anything that ails ya. I have used these particular DVD's to raise my spirits on more than one occasion.Will be thinking of you and your sister today....more ((hugs)).

Lainie, oh dear. I have been there with the teeth, not four of them though! ((more hugs)) to you darlin'. NO EXERCISE! There, I just yelled at you.:)

Kristi, you have twin girls, how fun! I am not a good stepper either, although one day, alot of the step workouts kinda "clicked" with me, as they will for you too. You are such an athlete! WOW. So glad you are here!

Shannon, not that calf thing again.x( You be a good girl and lay off for a few okay? Work your upper body and stretch. What are a few days right? Oh and you might reconsider doing Imax 3 again, I prefer number 2 because its not as hard on the bod.

Jennifer, where are you lady?:)

Leanne, ah, ((HUGS)) to you too. I am sorry about your mom, I know that there must be certain times of the year it is especially hard on you. Its supposed to be a fun workout month, so ditch the power hour and grab your kettleball instead.:7

I have cardio to attend to this morning, probably will do a Spinervals workout and then push/pull Cathe workout later one today. My lower body is talking to me, did not think S&H legs would hurt like this, but yep, it worked pretty good!
Am taking DH to the airport this morning, he will be back tomorrow afternoon, so its not a long trip. BBL to chat and see how everyone is doing today...

Hi again!

Kristi - thanks for the kind words. Your DDs are beautiful. My Sophie is 10 (11 this year) going on 16 sometimes. The tween thing is difficult enough. I just can't WAIT for those teen years!

Leanne - sending lots of hugs to you! I know just how you're feeling. The 5th anniversary of my mom's passing is on the 18th of this month. I'm still really not over that. I just shove it away and try to not think about it, really. By the way, I loved the swimsuits you got! Especially the flowery one:)

Tneah - that pic actually doesn't do the flowers justice. They just took my breath away! I can't even thank you enough:)

Good morning friends! Yes, I am alive…with a big knot and abrasion on my head and a bum ankle, but breathing. Yea, for breathing!

Shelley—Has the Advil kicked in? I hope the cramps pass quickly. Your flowers are beautiful!

Leanne—Your suits are cute! I love the pattern on the one-piece. Isn’t Target great? Maybe you could add a minute of swings between each body part in Power Hour? Fun and tough!! I am so sorry about your mom. She must have been a wonderful person. ((((HUGS)))) My kitchen painting is almost complete. The countertops go in tomorrow bright and early!

Deb—I am sorry about your sleep issues. I wish I could give you some advice, but have been struggling with it myself. You are smart to take a rest day! I do think you loop the bands over the bar, but I would try the negatives. Less complicated! Travel safely tomorrow! We’ll be thinking of you!

Tneah—You are a good friend! S&H DOMS creep up on me too. I love Cathe’s personality in that series. She seems to be having so much fun! Good luck with the Spinervals!

Lainie—I am so sorry about your teeth! Yes, rest!!! I hope you feel better soon. (((HUGS)))

Shannon—I am sorry about that blasted calf. I am sure that it will heal quickly, especially if you listen to it and take it easy. I know it sucks, but it IS temporary. Use the time to work on your upper body!!

Jennifer—Phone call?????

Kristi—Welcome again! I am going to read about the birthday challenge right now and will be back!

Well, this morning I was able to ride my bike. Man, I dread that thing! It is so hard and just never gets any easier. I will do some range of motion exercises later with the bum ankle and maybe a little modified yoga. Thank you all for your concern! I am off to clean!

Kara

Kristi—Wow, your DH’s experience must have been terrifying. It is truly admirable that both of you took that and turned it into something good. It is wonderful that you two train together! How fun! So, twin teenage daughters, eh? I am struggling with my 10 year old daughter, Emma, and would be in a straight jacket if there were two of her!!! Any secrets? I am glad that you joined our check-in. These women are supportive, kind, and very knowledgeable. You will love it here!

Kara

Hi Kara!:) I somehow missed saying good morning to you!

Well my weight is up--one more pound, so basically I am at where I was before I started my 12 week program, regardless of the fact I am working out hard and eating good, well last week was not perfect, but still!

I am seriously considering just throwing away my scale. x( I have never seen anything like this, I can go up and down 5 pounds in a weeks time, maybe it was the heavy weights yesterday, so of course now I feel guilty for not doing cardio, plus I ate really, really well yesterday and Monday too.
I think I might just use the scale/bodyfat machine at my doctors office once every three months and call it a day. I put on my tightest jeans and they fit, so its not like I gained a pound of fat right? Crap,see? I can tell others not to worry, but of course taking my own advice is so hard. Isn't it funny how great your day is when the scale cooperates though? I have had enough, I am tossing it in the trash today.x( I am sick and tired of having a scale dictate to me how I am going to feel about myself. Sorry, its just the same old body issue thing raising its ugly head. :*

Kara - at least we have each other to make it through the teen and tween years with our girls! I hope your ankle feels better soon.

Tneah - toss the damn scale. You look AMAZING! Don't apologize for body image issues. I'm not sure there's a woman alive who doesn't have them. But go by how your clothes feel, not by the stupid random number on the scale! Just to make yourself feel better, smash it a few times with a hammer before you toss it }(

Hey all,

OK, so Shelley, Kara, and Kristi, you all *need* to read that book that Robin recommended last week -- _Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank_ by Celia Rivenbank. Mine arrived yesterday, and I read half of the book last night and laughed my head off.:p The whole first section has essays about raising a daughter, and they're just hysterical! The title essay is about trying to buy clothes for her daughter when she moves into a size 7, and how all the clothes suddenly become really skanky.

The rest of the book moves into essays on celebrities, husbands, etc., and it's been great so far. I may read some more later today since I'll need a good laugh. They have the hardback edition at Amazon right now for only $5.

Shelley -- Thanks for the sweet words! I'll be thinking of you on the 18th. You know, this February marked the seven-year anniversary of my mom's passing, and it was the first year that wasn't absolutely horrible. It was still horrible, of course, but not as overwhelming as that day usually is. You've had so much loss the last few years! {{{HUGS}}}! How are the cramps??

Kara -- Thanks so much for the hugs! Yes, I miss my mom so much. She was this amazing, caring person, and I think about her all the time. You poor thing with those bumps and bruises! I missed how you got the knot on your head -- was that from the fall, too? How exciting that your new counter tops will be arriving tomorrow! Can someone help you finish up that painting It sounds like you should be off that ankle!

Tneah -- You look absolutely fantastic and amazing -- and I'm sure that that weight is those same few pounds that fluctuate based on your lifting! You know how I was all stressed about gaining weight last week? I think it really was because my body was bloated and adjusting to more lifting. I really bet that it was the heavy lifting yesterday that caused your scale to bump up a *teensy* bit. Don't beat yourself up for not doing cardio! Remember how miserable you were trying to stick to your program? It's OK if the scale and your body fat go up a bit b/c you still look AMAZING and are in fantastic shape, with all those muscles of yours! So take Shelley's advice and smash that dang scale!! Smash, smash!!

So I did Power Hour for the first time today and really liked it. I bought it used on Ebay last year and had only done MIS on it since I've really been focusing on split workouts since August. PH reminded me of the Body Pump classes I used to go to at the gym.

Off to shower and head out the door. I'll check back in with you lovely ladies later today. Hope you all have great afternoons!:7

Oh, Leanne, thanks for reminding me about that book! I read a bit of it online on Amazon last week and was howling! I'll pick it up this weekend. Of course your mom was amazing. That's how she turned out such an amazing daughter! My cramps are there, but not awful, thanks to the Advil.

I haven't done Power Hour in forever. Is that the one where she's doing squats and you could go clean your entire house and come back and she'd STILL be doing the dang squats???

Tneah, is that scale in little bits yet?

Lainie, how are the teef?

Okay, everyone - you're all telling me to lay off the cardio and lower body this week. So, what should I do? Here's what I've done so far:

Sunday: GS-BSB, abs and a walk
Monday: GS-CT
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: thinking about elliptical work
Thursday: really want to try low impact step....
Friday: am supposed to do GSL
Saturday: am supposed to do some sort of cardio.

All right. Your turn!

Kristi - oh boy, have fun cleaning out those rooms! :p Don't you just love the Gym Styles? I did GS BSB Sunday and got a really good workout.

Leanne - so, did you stick with your rotation or do the fun kettlebells? I'm glad you're starting off June with a lot of fun in the workout area. I hope it'll cheer you up a bit, since you're feeling down about your Mom. Remember that good old endorphins can really perk a person up.

Tneah - yes, the calf thing again. Can you believe it? Sigh. Definitely get rid of that scale. You know, sometimes the scale tells me I weigh the most when I feel and look the skinniest! Go figure. I don't own one. Every once in a while I'll climb on Mom's, just out of curiosity.

Kara - I feel that way about my elliptical. I dread climbing on that thing, but man does it give me a good workout, and I always feel GREAT afterward. I need to remember that feeling, so maybe getting on it will be easier!

*saunters into thread* GUESS WHAT???? I threw away both of my scales, just now!:7

I had a little talk with the old body here, and chose happiness and health over obsessing. Will use my clothing as a barometer of my progress..or lack thereof. Thank you Shelley for enabling me! Thank you Leanne for your wise words and to Shannon ever the voice of reason in the desert teeming with body issues.;) Whew. I feel better I think.:)

I have promised to listen a little more closely to what my body wants to do, and be a little more gentle when it needs it.

Heck, even my dentist yesterday looked at the way I floss my teeth and stated that I am a very aggressive flosser and tooth brusher! Then he asked me why I have a artificial hip at my age, and after I explained he understood. I am just that all or nothing type of person. And everything I set out to do I push just a little bit too much and hurt myself.:7

So I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 4DS kickbox cardio workout and some abs. I am so sore from yesterday it even hurts to stretch, ever been there?:p

Sorry this post was so self centered...hope we all are feeling a little better now than this morning..

WHOOOO HOOOOOO TNEAH! High fives on ditching the scales! Now don't you dare cave and go buy more! I love the new attitude! It's perfect!

Tneah!!!!! You go, girl!!! I'm so proud of you! You must feel absolutely GREAT right now!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.