~*~MAY 09~*~CHECK-IN for Wednesday, 5/20~*~

Boingo1

Cathlete
Getting us started LATE this morning. I had trouble accessing the forums all morning, .. how about you?

I just got done with HSC. Man oh man! ..these circuits are killing me, how about you Kathy? I'm just not used to all this cardio. AND, the weight work with all the "low-ends" and band work tacked on the end and hi-reps. And on the push-ups, I have this one spot in the CENTER of my chest that KILLED with every push UP. It's tender even now. This is definitely a shake-up for my body!

Had a crappy night's sleep last night. Between checking Zach's sugars and going to sleep late AGAIN, ack. I was up every 2 hours and then up at 5:30a. I was a grumpy mommy this morning. I could NOT take the bickering... *sigh*.

It's sunny and gorgeous out, and I have some groceries to do, and the bank. And we're planning on hitting Zach's baseball game, so we'll eat supper at the field again. Sooo. I have to pack that up. It should be a nice evening, if the 2 other boys don't fight and whine... That is the theme here lately, :p

Joanne: Glad we could talk you into sticking it out until the end of Meso 3!! Enjoy it while you can!!! Circuits are going to be tough!

hottie: I hadn't heard about another earthquake yesterday. was everything ok at your house???

Okay..off I go!!!!

Chris: I had trouble getting on the forum this morning too...The circuits are tough!!I have HSC planned for tomorrow.. I was going to do IAMX 3 today. But, decided that I needed a bit more energy to do that one...

Ok, we were all at the dentist this morning..So, I just finished up my workout. I opted to do FIRMs 500 calorie workout. Not sure I burned that many calories. But, I got a good workout. Especially since I was feeling a little pooped today!! We have a busy afternoon too. The kids have field day as part of their PE class today. Then we have our last CCD class tonight..The day is beautiful here..

Hope everyone is having a lovely day!!

Hi ladies. I had problems getting in this morning, too. I missed everyone!!

Chris, you're scaring me with the circuits!! I think they will be good for me, though. Now I'm debating if I should jump into Lean or forget that and just do the circuits. Maybe I'll try one or two weeks of Lean and see how I like it. I know, the fighting and the bickering is the worst!! Drives me insane. DH always tells me I don't understand cause I'm an only child. My house was always quiet as a kid, now it's always a zoo! Isn't there a middle ground somewhere? ;) We seem to be the magnet house for all the neighborhood kids, too. Which, actually, I don't mind - I know where my kids are. But, yesterday after school there were about 15 kids all playing at our house. DH found a regulation size soccer goal on craigs list and of course couldn't pass it up. The kids have been having a blast playing soccer in our backyard. Enjoy your picnic at the ballpark!

Kathy, I have that Firm workout - I did it once and enjoyed it. Yea - last CCD class!! Jameson makes his confirmation next year (then Ian after him, then Colin), so it'll be a busy three years coming in CCD. I'm enjoying this break until they start in September.

I did Disc 31 today - chest and back. Wow, only 6 reps! I really went to failure on the chest work, but I just don't have heavy-enough dumbbells to go to failure on back. Looking forward to Plyo Legs Friday. I also did an itread during my lunch. I'm running a 5K Monday, so I want to get some running in this week.

My mom took her new kitten to the vet yesterday. He said he doesn't even think it's six weeks old and looks like it probably is the runt of the litter. Poor thing. It also has fleas and worms. Ick! Oh, and it's not a girl, it's a boy! Oops! I took the kids to see it (still has no name!) and it really is sweet and adorable! I didn't touch him since I'm allergic and didn't seem to have a reaction from being around it, which was good.

Gotta run...waves to everyone else!! Oh, Hottie, I saw in yesterday's thread that you had another stronger earthquake. Hope the house is OK.

Joanne

Yep, the forums were messed up this morning, and just as they came back up I had to rush out of the house and was in a meeting all day long.

Chris, sorry to hear you had a bad night -- hopefully you had some time out in the sun today to recharge a little!

Joanne, chest/back were tough today! My shoulder actually started going out on me in the incline presses, and I had to lower my weight! If I had a rack, I think I could have done the right weight, but just getting it up there -- well, my shoulder wouldn't cooperate. And I also do not have enough weight to work my back to failure, but I worked it pretty hard and it's feeling achy already.

So interesting to hear about the circuits -- Joanne, maybe you want to do one week lean, one circuit, one lean, one circuit just to mix things up.

I have to share a bad parenting moment with you all. Travis was in some funky mood yesterday "woe is me" etc. so he was trying to talk to me outside, but Dylan kept bugging us, so we finally went into my room and I was lying on the bed. Well, I fell asleep as he was talking to me! He was trying to seriously pour his heart out to me and then I woke up to him saying "This is NOT the time to be sleeping!" Sigh.... more funds into the therapy jar......

And, I also have to tell you that last night Larry said that my thighs were looking slimmer, and I said, "I dunno, my cathe friends and I are all feeling like this program is making us bigger down here" and I sort of indicated my hips and he said "turn around and bend over and let me see" (ok, maybe that's tmi) and I did and he said, "oh no, you are smaller." So, just a datapoint for you, ladies -- we may be getting bigger, but we may be looking smaller! ;)

gotta get some stuff done! Hottie, are you shaken? Vilma, yoo-hooooo!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.